• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hybrid, Magic Camp

Riley looked up at him and giggled shyly, "Oh sorry, I must have been daydreaming and spaced out a bit. Umm, yeah! Ice is my specialty" her face brightened up as she looked at him "I see that you too can control an element, wind as you motioned earlier." She felt lighter inside now that she was talking to someone friendly instead of spending the entire day alone again.

He looked rather surprised once she mentioned the fact of him using his abilities just moments ago, if he did he surely didn't notice it; he barely ever did. "I did that?" he asked her curiously. He quickly looked downwards with a feeling of embarrassment- he was probably the only one here that was barely educated when it came to actually controlling his powers. "I'm not really educated when it comes to that-" he stated, having his words gradually become quieter as he continued speaking. He wasn't nervous to be around her, and the only reason he was acting this way was because he just straight out embarrassed himself with the fact of him mentioning that he didn't know how to use his powers.

@DranboltSAS97

Riley tilted her head slightly at him and gave a slightly confused look on her face, "Is something wrong? You seem to have eaten the last few words of what you said so I don't think I was able to catch that." She turned her body slightly so that now she was facing him as she sat.

He looked back at her before returning his stormy gray irises back towards the ground, him rubbing both his thumb and index finger together as if to express his nervousness. What would she think? "I'm not educated when it comes to that-" he repeated in a clearer tone. "I wasn't taught," he added, him bringing his gaze back up towards her before placing himself on the ground so she didn't have to strain her neck to look up at him. He disliked it when the subject of his inability to control his powers came up, mainly because he closes up (partially) to the person he's talking to.

@DranboltSAS97

Riley smiled shyly at him as she felt as if she were intruding on a private matter or rather sensitive topic. She rubbed the back of her neck and giggled, "Well if it makes you feel better... I can't really control my power all too good as well, it gets kind of unstable at times." she rubbed her arm "But you know, maybe you can teach yourself how to control it. You don't really have to wait for someone to teach ya. Who knows, maybe you're one of those kids who has the natural talent to harness it on your own, just need a lil time" she acknowledged him sitting down so that she wouldn't be looking up for much longer.

Keiji was relieved to know that she wasn't able to control her power all too well either, it was always comforting to know that you weren't alone in a situation. "I've tried, but usually get caught off-track," he mentioned. He let himself pause for a moment, before saying something else. "Is your neck okay?" he asked, wanting to examine it just to ensure that it wasn't hurting at all. This was an odd habit he had- making small things into bigger matters.

@DranboltSAS97

A slight blush grew across Riley's face as she nodded quickly from slight embarrassment, "O-oh don't worry about it" she stuttered a bit "Not like I was looking up at you for a day anyway!" She then regained her composure as some frost emitted from the surface of her skin and creating the air around them to cool. She chuckled "Perhaps your powers require a different type of training..?" Then it hit her as she brought her palm to her face as she shook her head as if she had remembered a bad memory "We never gave each other our names right? Silly me. You can call me Riley haha" she smiled again.

He gave a soft smile once she revealed the fact of her neck being okay, he didn't want her to get hurt even in the slightest of ways. "I'm Keiji. Nice to meet you," he stated with the same small smile being on his features. He thought about what she said with a different type of training for him to be able to really harness his abilities, maybe this was true? He wasn't sure, but only time would tell in this case. He had noticed that the air around them cooled down a bit, in which, he enjoyed, he was never one for warmer days like most people.

@DranboltSAS97

"Awesome" she giggled again "Thanks for asking tho..You're the first person who actually takes into consideration small details like that. Is that something you do often?" Keiji seemed interesting to her because he simply wasn't like the other boys she met in this camp. He had his own preferences that didn't seem like the typical ones you'd expect from other guys her age.

He was rather surprised when she asked about him taking notice of the smallest of details, practically no one reacted the way she did to that; most would pester him to stop worrying, but Riley was different. "Yes, I find it- necessary," he stated in a soft tone, him having been looking downwards whilst saying it. His eyes slowly made their way back up to her's so she didn't think that he was trying to avoid any and all eye contact. "Is it a bad thing?" he asked, truly being worried if maybe he took her statement the wrong way.

@DranboltSAS97

Eevee came back into view and smiled a little but saw that he was thinking about something as his face showed a hidden fear or sadness. Her smile faded and she wanted to comfort him in any way but didn't know how since she wasn't human like he was. She wondered what he was thinking about and thought about her past, thinking that he must have had a rough childhood as she had.

Sarthiss was pulled away from reality for a split second and rewound the clock a little bit. Three years ago he had a friend. One of the best friends he'd ever had. Her name was Flare, and she was like a sister to him. Before Sarthiss realized he had the power to command fire, he and Flare hung out at school all day, everyday. Flare was always disappearing and reappearing, much like Evee was at the moment. That day three years ago when Sarthiss discovered his abilities, Flare was distant. Disconnected. She told Sarthiss she had to go a long way away for a very long time, something about the shadows, the ancients calling to her. Sarthiss remembered the news made Flare sorrowful. Extremely sorrowful. That was the day his school burned down, devoured by red, black, and purple flames, that was the day everyone in it was burnt to a crisp except for him. Sarthiss remembered the shock and was swept back to reality. His smile faltered a little, but he returned to himself quickly enough.

"It's great you figured out how to use your power," he said, "I'm happy for you. I uhh, brought you something to eat, didn't see you at the dining hall. Training and improving always makes me hungry." Sarthiss motioned to the waterfowl still wrapped in leaves at the foot of the tree.

Eevee didn't look at the food, just looked down at her feet, trying to figure out what he was thinking about and what would comfort him if he ever needed it. "Thanks but...I don't eat..." She said in reply, sounding as though she was wishing for something.

She replayed a few memories in her head too, after she had an idea that maybe he was thinking about bad memories.

She thought about the day when her parents had left er behind, after she ran out of the house from sadness when she heard the news that her father was not going to make it through his sickness. She had wept, running and crying softly, feeling bad that she couldn't help her poor, dying father. She was startled to hear her mother call for her from behind and fell into the lake that sat in front of her. She was never taught to swim, and she naturally disliked touching water if she wasn't drinking it. She struggled to reach the surface but nothing came. finally, breathing in, she took the water into her lungs and she blacked out.

Eevee snapped back to reality, shaking her head and looking back up at Sythriss, not wishing to replay the rest of her sad childhood. She smiled a little and nodded once, indicating that she understood and looked back at the waterfowl wrapped in the leaves.

Evee was showing sighns of fading again, so Sathiss tried talking to distract her from her emotions. "You sure you aren't hungry, because I'll eat it if you won't," Sarthis smiled. "However, I like my meat, ahh, thoroughly grilled." He scooped the meat off the ground. "Anyways, I wouldn't worry about it, if you get hungry later I'll help you catch something." Sarthiss smiled and pulled the meat off in chunks, cooking them thoroughly before tossing them into his mouth. He grinned at the shy girl. "Theres a stream a little ways into the woods. If you want i can take you there. Maybe catch some fish if those are more to your liking. I've never heard of a Neko who didn't like fish."

Last edited by a moderator:
@Tempestral

Riley giggled as she scratched her head, "No, I don't think I find it odd. I do catch myself doing it too but not all too often. I think..it's rather interesting." She flustered slightly as she said this so she turned away for a while to make it seem like she were sneezing. She then turned back to him and smile, "Well if it's a habit, it's a unique one for sure!"

Eevee's memories flowed back at the mention of a stream and looked up with widened eyes, her ears flying back as she listened to his words. "St-Stream?" She asked sounding scared.

"Ha, stream is a bit of a stretch, creek more like it. It starts small at the beginning, Nice and shallow. One of my favorite places aside from my medow." Sarthiss detected fear in her voice, and she sounded a bit irish, he hadn't noticed before. "Afraid of water? Don't worry, this one doesn't start to get larger until you get to the edges of the camp. It's called Rou's creek, he named it after himself. Don't worry, the water only comes up to your calves where we're going." Sarthiss felt a little guilty about eating part of his dinner in front of her even if she said she didn't eat much, and Sarthiss was determined to share a bit of his outdoorsman skills with Evee.

Eevee calmed down when he said it was shallow, knowing that the same mistake wouldn't happen again. She noticed that her accent had slipped again and felt weird about it. She never let her accent become noticeable unless she trusted the person not to say it was cute or even adorible considering that she was already cute being a cat and all.

Sarthiss reached out to take Evee's hand, but thought better of it. She still seemed a bit panicked. "Come on, there's a trail almost nobody uses, it's a nice little walk." Sarthiss started towards the woods and looked over his shoulder to see if Evee was following.

eevee held her hands close to her chest and followed behind Sarthiss, but something about him made her feel as though she was safe. She allowed her ears to perk upwards a bit just so that she didn't seem as scared but the experience that she had with water kinda messed with her. But she kept that to herself.

Walking down the path, with Evee following him, Sarthiss noticed that the grass was bent a bit, like somebody had been here recently. Assuming the person (or persons) were just lounging at the area directly in front of the path, Sarthiss jerked his head.

"This way Evee, through the woods. There are probably people down there, and I don't believe they would appreciate us just surprising them." Sarthiss stepped off the beaten path and wound his way around the trees, finally arriving at a babbling creek with lazily moving waters cascading over wet rocks. The occasional fish swam by, moving with the current.

"I know you weren't hungry earlyer, but you will be soon," he said, wading ankle deep into the water. Shooting his arm down to catch the passing fish, he hooked his fingers under its mouth and threw it onto the bank.

Eevee watched him throw a fish out of the water , tiling her head to the side as if she had never seen one before. She stayed where she was and looked down at the fish, still not becoming hungry.

Sarthiss wiggled his toes in the water with amusement as he watched Evee regard the fish he'd just caught. The way she perked her ears was adorable. Her body language was still a bit rigid, but she seemed calm enough. Sarthiss saw a beauty in Evee that he had only seen in one other person before. The fish flopped, and made it back to the water swimming away. Sarthiss walked closer to where the water met the land. He didn't step out of the creek, but held his palm upwards and outwords to her in a charming manner. "You never know your preference to something untill you've experienced all sides of it," Sarthiss smiled. "C'mon. Give me your hand."

Eevee hesitantly took his hand, many thoughts going through her mind. She walked a bit towards the water and looked at it, watching the fish swim by so peacefully. She was always taught that every animal has a beauty to it, even the smallest and insignificant ones, but she never noticed how calm the fish were until now.

Sarthiss tugged gently at her hand and moved a little farther away, trying to lead her to the center of the creek. The water was slightly above his ankles now. Sarthiss knew in order for Evee to open up to people in general more, she needed to get over her fears, and water was just the beginning. Everybody had a lovely side to them, and Sarthiss tried to see it in everybody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back