• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hybrid, Magic Camp

Eevee Shadow

Elder Member
Here, you can have a power but only one. Fire, Water, Ice, Wind, Earth, Metal, and Shadow.

There has been an ancient evil that has entered the camp but no one knows who it is. Shadow was the forbidden element of the camp for a long period of time, now that someone has entered the camp with that power, they must train all the students to find the forbidden evil.

In order to find what element you enhance, you must pass a series of tests and only then, will your inner power be revealed.

Eevee was sitting in a tree, not wishing to interact with the others because she felt that they never noticed her. it was lie she was among their shadows. She almost felt alone but she was quite used to it as she was always treated that way.

Sarthiss was out for a stroll amoung the training grounds. Humming to himself his favorite tune, Sarthiss drifted among his peers. Being fire oriented, this was strange behavior. The fire students were usually squaring up, burining eachother, or telling jokes. Sarthis said nothing, heard nothing, and was nothing, except that of his own little world.

"Hey Eevee! Why don't you come down from that tree and quit being Lame!" A boy said jokingly, tossing a rock and pine-cone at the Neko. She ignored him and, climbing higher into the tree to look at the Fire group, seeing that they at least didn't mind a loner or someone who tended to stick to themselves.

Sarthiss was pulled out of his dreamstate for awhile to see a boy throwing rocks at the neko known as Evee in a tree. The boy was taunting the cat person. Sarthiss knew how it was to be the butt of all jokes, and he took pity on her. Walking up behind the boy, still humming, he gestured with his hand and the pinecones he held under one arm caught on fire.

The boy shouted in surprise and dropped them. "What the heck man?!" He shouted. Sarthiss smiled and tilted his head. With another gesture of his hand, the pinecones went out and the flame came to form a ball on his finger. "You really shouldn't be mean to others," he said calmly, "You have a glass house. Don't throw rocks, others might throw them back." Sarthiss waved at the Neko in the tree and continued wandering about aimlessly, still humming.

Eevee watched the boy that had helped her, seeing that the pinecones had caught fire. She jumped down from the tree, landing infront of him, doing a small bow in a sort of thanks since she doesn't talk much. The person that had thrown them walked away with an angry look, seeming as though he might just throw a temper tantrum.

"Ey! How are you?" Sarthiss, who was human (aside from the fact he could command fire), and not being familiar with Neko customs, (but recognizing the traditional greeting) bowed back. "You're name's Evee right? you're giving off good vibes man, good vibes." Sarthiss looked her up and down. She did give him good vibes, but came across as very shy. "You don't talk much, but you seem like a good person. Just try not to give a shit when those annoying children of the air bothr you." Sarthiss avoided eye contact, but still kept a friendly demeanor.

Eevee's ears perked at his kind words, he was right about the fact that she shouldn't care about those air kids, she noticed that he wasn't loking her in the eyes when he spoke and she tried not to giggle. "I'm ok...You?" She replied softly, almost whispering.

"Peachy, just peachy," Sarthiss laughed. Avoiding eye contact was a way to avoid unneeded confrontation. "I like you, but I'm sorry I don't know much about you. Are you new here? What did Rou decide your affiliation with the elements was? You kinda don't hang out with anyone so It's hard to tell. Don't worry, I don't judge anybody, we all have the same heart." Sarthiss was a welcoming individual, and he did want to learn more about this mysterious Neko. However, If he seemed like he was pressing her to come out of her shell too much Sarthiss was content to say farewell and continue his stroll. "Don't tell me anything you don't want to, I honestly don't care, I'm just making conversation."

"Oh that's ok...to be honest though, Rou was a bit hesitant to tell me my power." Eevee paused to think about it for a bit as to why he headmaster had hesitated in telling her. Then she finally answered him and pulled one ear down. "He said it was Shadow. But I haven't tried using it yet. I don't even know where to start..." She said, but she accidentally let a bit of her accent slip, because she was Irish and most would say it's cute, so she tended to hide it.

"Eh, don't worry. Rou is always brooding over something or another, he said somebody with my personality shouldn't have been affiliated with fire. Ya wanna know how I found out how to conjure fire?" Sarthiss didn't wait for a reply, he didn't think he would get one. Evee's body language told him she was getting nervous, and being nervous around friends isn't good. "I thought about it logically. I just wanted stuff to spontaneously combust, so I thought, What makes things burn? And boom, just like that, I set the guy's blanket that was sleeping above me ablaze!" Sarthiss chuckled and looked the shy girl in the eye for the first time. "Just get a feel for yourself before you try anything. You need to be comfortable in your own skin." He hoped he hadn't outdone himself. "Dinner is going to be soon mind you, and I still haven't worked up an apetite. Time to think some more." Sarthiss bowed again and turned on his heel, going nowhere in particular and thinking glazed thoughts.

Eevee tilted her head, taking his words into consideration. 'So, i just think about it?' She asked herself mentally, thinking abou the different things that could possibly allow her to use her ability. She watched as Sarthiss walked away. She ran to a nearby tree adn jumped up onto one of the branches, climbing higher into the large plant. She eventually sat down and curled into a ball, falling into a light sleep.

Sarthiss thought about the nice Neko he found in the tree that day, and mulled over what transpired between them. Evee seemed to like him, if only a small bit. His rash descision of burning the pinecones the air boy was holding might get him in trouble, but whatever. Sarthiss believed that Evee could be quite an amiable person, but her cautiousness overweighed her desire to belong. He shrugged and leaned against a nearby bench. Whatever happened was going to happen eventually, 'but let's cross that bridge when we come to it,' he thought. Sarthiss scratched his head to relax himself a little, and his stomach growled. "Almost time for food," he smiled. All that was left now was for the dinner bell to ring.

Eevee was woken by a sudden ringing of a bell. It was Dinner time, but she wasn't hungry, and all she could think about was sleep and being able to activate her power. She closed her eyes and fell back to sleep, thinking about the different ways she could find the ability to use her gift.

Sarthiss, like any 16 year old guy, liked to eat. His eating habits were questioned by his peers, but so were most of the things he did. The air boy cut in front of him in line for food.

"A little impatient are we?" Sarthiss mused in his deepest voice. The boy turned around with a frightened look and went to the back of the line. Sarthiss recieved his food for that evening, some bread, some greens, and a piece of waterfowl some of the ice students had caught earlyer that day by freezing their feet to the pond.

Sarthiss liked eating at his special spot in the forest, surrounded by the chirping of birds and wind gliding through the trees. As soon as he reached his clearing, grass soft enouf to lounge on because of continued use only by him, he started eating the greens.

"A little raw," He murmured through a mouthful. He put his hand over them for a moment, then removed it, revealing cooked greens. "Perfect!" Sarthiss exclaimed, and happily started munching.

Eevee woke once more, she couldn't sleep now because she was too excited to sleep, thinking about her gift and she sat up. She wondered if different emotions could trigger it and so she thought about the different times in her life, but the only one that came to her was when she nearly drowned. Her eyes widened a bit and she held her knees close to her chest, pulling her hoodie over her head. Then, she remembered that right after she was saved from that moment, her parents abandoned her into the woods. She was filled with rage, looking at her hands, she noticed that her hands had turned into a black smoke. She calmed down and their original state returned. 'Maybe there's a different way...' she though before trying differnt strategies.

Sarthiss finished munching on his greens and started chewing his bread. He didn't see Evee at dinner, so he started getting concerned. Sure she could fend for herself, but being alone too long was dangerous. Sarthiss shook his head to clear his thoughts. He would not go back to that again, would NOT.

Sarthiss didn't particularly like meat, but knew someone who did. The Neko up in the tree didn't go to dinner, at lest he didn't see her in the food line. Wrapping the piece of waterfowl in some leaves, Sarthiss decided to leave it at the bottom of the tree he deemed "hers".

Standing up, Sarthiss swaggered his way towards Evee's tree.

After alot of concentration and some emotional encouragement, Eevee had finally learned a quick trick with her ability, throwing a small black flame between her hands. She was amused by it and it looked like fire almost, considering she was a bit of a Pyro, it striked her attention.

Sarthiss dropped the pice of waterfowl by Evee's tree. He assumed she'd like to eat alone, so he rapped on the trunk once and started humming his favorite song, which was at the moment, Paradise by Coldplay. It changed frequently enough, but hey, everybody like different things. He began wandering in a zig zag pattern away from the tree. He smiled, it would do Evee good to know that somebody noticed her.

Eevee looked down to see something wrapped at the bottom of her tree, then looked up to see Sarthiss walking away. She called out to him with a loud mew, acting as a way to tell him something or asking of a favor, but she used it as a way to ask him to stay.

Sarrthiss heard the mew of somebody high up, and assumed it was Evee. He turned around, expecting for her to be in her usual spot, but his eyes did not detect her presence. He chuckled to himself.

"Seems like you've found your allegance faster than I did," he said looking around, "and you're quite good at it too. Classy, but I could talk to you a lot better if I could see you."

'Strange,' he thought, 'i didn't pin Evee to be one to play games.'

Riley sat near the brook and randomly froze little droplets of water and watched them flow downstream. She was feeling surprisingly gloomy and that she wanted something exciting to happen but so far none yet. She also felt slightly lonely since she couldn't find anyone she knew or at least looked like they were in the mood to talk so she sat there alone. As she sighed, her frosty breath caused the thin upper layer of water to freeze then break into multiple pieces and flowed towards the bank. She picked up a leaf and blew on it, creating snowflake-like patterns on them.

Eevee jumped down from the tree careful not to hurt herself. She stood in front of Sathriss, bowing again as her usual greeting, but she smiled happily, excited to show him her new power.

Sarthiss heard a thud of movement in front of him but still couldn't see Evee. She told him her allegence was shadow. Sarthiss remembered someone from his past, someone he loved... But the past led to dark thoughts.

"Is that you?" he inquired, "You've done a nice job, I can't see any part of you. Not even a ripple in the air." Remembering how she greeted him first, he bowed a little. Sarthiss was glad Evee had mastered her allegance, but with this allegence came a crooked path...

He shook his head. 'Not going back,' he thought, 'Not going back to who I used to be.'

Last edited by a moderator:
Keiji was walking alongside a rather small brook, him eyeing the water beside him making it's way downstream since having nothing else to really focus on. It'd been awhile since he'd seen any kind of formation that contained water. Lake, river, or ocean, he hadn't seen any in approximately five years or so. As he was about to make his way back towards camp, he spotted a girl, one that seemed to be using her abilities. Ice? He hadn't seen anyone using that yet, in which it intrigued him greatly, thus he began walking over towards her with a small, seemingly fake smile on his face. "Ice?" he questioned her in a soft tone. Once stated, a small gust of wind spiraled around his area as if to announce his presence just in case she hadn't heard him.

@DranboltSAS97

Users who are viewing this thread

Back