• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Hunting for your long-term multi-para RP soulmate? Maybe it's me!

rednightmare

Dry-Erase Gymnast
Do you believe in magic, baby? I DO.

But I'd rather not have too much of it in my fantasy settings.

Well, it depends.

Let me take a deep, calming breath and explain myself.

I am a professional writer who just amicably tied off the last knot on a 5+ year co-write/roleplay. The plot wrapped up. The characters settled or died. Everything came together nicely. On one hand: it was probably the most satisfying thing I've experienced, social-writing-wise. On the other hand: I'm reeling. Is this real life? Honey, I'm ready to find in-character, gorgeously-described, world-building love again!

But you're not here for my Tragic Backstory TM. You're here for action. So here are my details:

Do you want...

1. to write and receive detailed, multi-paragraph posts with a focus on good writing, lively dialogue, and realistic characterization?
  2. to write emotionally-driven stories featuring multiple complex characters and locations?
  3. to write in original semi-realistic/low-to-no magic fantasy settings, or in below-listed fandoms? My favorite settings usually fall under the umbrella of historically-flavored fantasy. No modern at this time, please.
  4. to be... friends? Or at least friendly. I love having a writing partner I can josh around with between posts.

Maybe you should get in touch with me. Simply reply here and I'll hit you up!

Extra Deets:

• Please note: I only do PM roleplay, but I am open to using different PM services. Forum-based writing tends to get a bit disorganized for my tastes.
  • I am happy to roleplay with people of any/no gender identity, regardless of your characters' identities. I often write for characters whose identities do not match my own.
  • Adults only, please. In the interest of your emotional well-being, please do not contact me for roleplay if you are under 20.
  • Romantic plots are welcome, though not necessary. I prefer organic, relatively unplanned romance development between characters if there is to be romance at all. All gender pairings OK, but no underage romance.
  • I am not interested in sex-based roleplay.
  • I am 100% willing to write for canon and original characters. You can be the dragonborn/warden/one true king/whatever; I'm happy with a supporting role.
  • Slow post turn-around or break periods are no problem. We all have lives and shifting responsibilities.

Current Fandoms:

Original worlds, designed by the two of us, are almost always a go for me! Also...

• The Elder Scrolls
  • Dragon Age

Final Note: I'm a career writer and a writing teacher, so quality writing is a big deal to me. You might say it's THE deal. That said, I'm not a prose elitist who's going to ask you for credentials or anything; I'm not trying to open an MFA program, here. Everybody goofs and goes flat from time to time. As long as we both care about our writing and putting genuine effort into our stories, it's gold.

In the words of

: WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Smack that reply button. I can't wait to hear all about your OCs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well hey there! I'm pretty interested in rping with you if you'll have me. I'm not sure if my writing will be up to your standards. I've never rped with someone who writes over two or three paragraphs....

I tend to mirror my partner in terms of effort.

But I would love to talk about OCs and world building, making a real story. It would be nice! In any case, I'd like to see if we mesh well at all. Even if we don't it could be a learning experience! Well, at least in my case.

RiversEdge said:
Well hey there! I'm pretty interested in rping with you if you'll have me. I'm not sure if my writing will be up to your standards. I've never rped with someone who writes over two or three paragraphs....
I tend to mirror my partner in terms of effort.

But I would love to talk about OCs and world building, making a real story. It would be nice! In any case, I'd like to see if we mesh well at all. Even if we don't it could be a learning experience! Well, at least in my case.
I'd love that! Since I'm a site newbie, I'm afraid I can't send you a PM just yet, but please feel free to hit me up. In the meantime, I hope it's OK if I follow you. :)

A couple paragraphs is fine by me. I'll always take two nice, rich paragraphs over six flat, forced ones. And hey, sometimes the particulars of a post just don't call for a 5+ paragraph essay.

Well, Riversedge beat me to the punch, but everything above seems excellent, if you're still willing to write with people. I like to think I can produce the sort of writing you're looking for, and "original semi-realistic/low-to-no magic fantasy settings" are a particular favorite of mine. It'd be nice to write with someone orders of magnitude more experienced than me, especially before I embark on the quest for 90,000 words next month. I'd love to improve, and this seems as good a way as any. Regardless of the answer, thanks for consideration.

I'm interested in working something out with you. I'm very interested in Dragon Age- and though I know you said you don't like romance to be the center plot, I do enjoy including it. So, with that being said, I'd love if we could double up. I'm looking for Fenris, though I'll accept Cullen.

It seems I'm a little late to the party, but I'd be interested in doing some world building or creating a plot together. I haven't RPed in a hot minute, but I did just graduate with a degree in Creative Writing! It'd be great to write again, especially with somebody who has experience/will challenge me to improve. Hopefully there's still some room with all this interest c:

Hey, all -- thanks so much for responding. I'll be sending out messages to the bunch of you soon. Hope some of you are still available! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back