• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
As the group made their preparations, Rebecca finished up her dealings with the dead. One of the Konstantinovs spoke up as she turned to the vampiric assassins. Of course, it was Zehra. She had managed to survive the battle, though with now rapidly healing wounds in different places across her face and limbs. It seemed ghouls tried to gang up on her, and she had to fight her way through them by hand.

"We will depart now, as we have done what we've promised. I hope your future battles deeper into the castle are easier than the one that just occurred." she stated, giving the Saint a nod, before looking to the others. "I wish you all good health, and safe travels. Perhaps I will see you again... hopefully long after this war has ended, in more peaceful times."

"Hopefully." responded Rebecca, with her own nod. "Selamün aleyküm."

Zehra was surprised by Rebecca speaking her native language, then smiled before looking back to her fellow Konstantinovs and motioning them to head for the exit. They did as instructed, giving each of them a nod or wave as they passed. Soon enough, the Konstantinovs had all vanished, leaving through the large opening they had blown in the entrance with dynamite. Rebecca then turned back to the rest of the group.

"Let's get moving. Keep an eye out for any surprises. They may have laid traps further in to deter us." she stated, locating her shield and reequipping it. Riberta, who had now chugged down half of a punch bowl's worth of blood, was on the move as well, following after Rebecca alongside Cassandra. The group gathered together, with Jakob exchanging a few words with his companions before following after as well.

The inner halls and rooms of the old dwarven fortress were as massive and grand as the outside had been. This was a true castle, in every way. But instead of going up and outwards, however, it went inwards and down. Deep into the ground, creating dark tunnels and a labyrinth of corridors. They had to rely on Rebecca for the time being, using her Saintly powers to locate and feel their way towards the artifacts. It was clear that there were others down in these tunnels, as the group could hear the sounds of yelling and detonations as they descended further into the depths.

Soon, they would find themselves exiting out onto a landing in a massive cave. Lava flowed beneath them in large rivers, granting ambient light to the entire room. "I've heard of places like this before." said Rebecca, before Riberta spoke up.

"Dwarven forges. Using the world's primal methods of heat and pressure to create truly remarkable objects and items." said the hybrid. "I've been here...twice, I think? Both times had me chunking an idiot over the edge into the magma below... Thankfully, both times I can say that the man actually deserved that kind of death."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back