• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hunter x Hunter: A New Journey OOC Chat

Yuss! That is good news, greattt news! I will start working on an OC in the meantime, also if some of one of those people who you say are on the fence with joining at the moment decide they do not want to join, I do have a friend who was probably interested in joining as well if it isn't closed. So just something to keep in mind if it becomes relevant or needed.
I'll keep that in mind.

Don't worry, Lazy and Life will likely be females, I know Lazy is already. We actually have too many females if you count the girly looking guys.

Soooo, I have been thinking over some character concepts and I have come up with a few basic ones but wanted to get others input to sorta help me decide which one I should go with and focus on..So I'm gonna break down the concepts along with a FC I have in mind for each, and uhh, feel free to give me any added advice or whatever.

The first one in mind is a character I've actually had in mind for a few other Rp's however it just never really panned out well for reasons you might pick up once I explain. In the case of HxH, where this actually takes place I am not 'entirely' sure but I do think it could be somewhere in the canon locations with what I had in mind; basically, he is going to once be apart of the Mafia in some form or another, what his place was (like whether he was apart of one of the larger families, if it still works that way in HxH or some lower ranked individual is really down to what you think would make more sense...Though because he is going to be sorta young in age, I think if he were at least raised in one of the families it would make more sense to some degree.) and if not apart of the mafia some other crime organization. This will be the basis for his bio and will also lead to an injury which will be sorta vital to the character. He basically lost his arms and a leg, and has had them replaced with prosthetic ones. This would be a big part of his personal character progress, there are also other images which show him having like big metal gauntlet arms in some other manga pictures however I don't think that'd fit in with the universe so simple prosthetics would probably work just fine. There really isn't ALL too much else to the character however, except for maybe his general weapon of choice being a dual set of handguns.
latest

The second idea I had in mind, would probably fit in the lines of an assassin-ish type character? It is based off another concept I have made before and his character is heavily psychology based in a sense. He is a fairly weird character in a lot of ways, in most cases his origin of birth is generally an enigma though usually he was taken in by a Cult of some kind (Almost all cases, this cult's religion had no real influence or effect on the Rp, because it was generally a case of them just being a group of crazy people that worshipped something that never even existed.) however this doesn't REALLY have to be the case but something similar most likely has to happen in order for other aspects of his character to work, though at some point, whether something done by Tremki (The characters name) or somebody else doesn't really matter though they would end up being wiped out and this would eventually give way for him to slip out and go in the BIG WORLD. Basically, to keep things short because I don't want to this to be longer than it's already going to be he will get caught for doing something bad like killing somebody or SOMETHING which gets him caught and this will set some chain of events which basically states that due to him being an odd circumstance, he was given a chance of redemption similar to the prisoners in canon except in this case he has to complete the Hunters Exam like everyone else. Something else to mention, is that I was also thinking that along with a dual set of curved short blades of sorts. He would be chained from all limbs, his neck, arms and ankles being locked in long and heavy chains. This could start as some other circumstance he had to be under to complete his end of the deal for relative freedom and I was also thinking he'd actually end up using it while in combat. (To give some idea for what "sorta" inspired me to do something like this was Obito from Naruto while he was tobi/madara and used chains...And the games he also uses the same chains and well yeah...That's basically where the idea is coming from)
toto_sakigami_by_hiironoaki-d70ytjt.jpg

The next idea I had in mind will probably need some help with location like everyone else on this list. For this idea, the character is going to be someone of conflicting nature (in the sense he is a self proclaimed hero, however at the same time while he won't outright say it he is also a thief, liar, traitor and murderer), someone who believes he has good intentions but finds it hard to make the right decisions is the shortest way I think I can put it. Combat wise, he is a tinkerer/inventor at heart who makes his own sorts of gadgets and tools to help in various situations and always looks to improve his set of equipment. In every other area, he is average or a little above at best - basically he will grow as more of a jack of trades in the sense he will be somebody he dabbles in a wide multitude of skills but not spend much time in perfecting these with perhaps the exception of his inventions maybe.
223626-rokka-no-yuusha-wallpaper-2196x1600-for-windows.jpg

I am sorry..

Uhhh, in reply to my own comment I wanted to add two more ideas I had but the post was already bigger than I wanted it to be so I didn't include them in the end and three were probably the better ideas. The other two were though were something along the lines of a beast tamer and an alchemist.

Soooo, I have been thinking over some character concepts and I have come up with a few basic ones but wanted to get others input to sorta help me decide which one I should go with and focus on..So I'm gonna break down the concepts along with a FC I have in mind for each, and uhh, feel free to give me any added advice or whatever.

The first one in mind is a character I've actually had in mind for a few other Rp's however it just never really panned out well for reasons you might pick up once I explain. In the case of HxH, where this actually takes place I am not 'entirely' sure but I do think it could be somewhere in the canon locations with what I had in mind; basically, he is going to once be apart of the Mafia in some form or another, what his place was (like whether he was apart of one of the larger families, if it still works that way in HxH or some lower ranked individual is really down to what you think would make more sense...Though because he is going to be sorta young in age, I think if he were at least raised in one of the families it would make more sense to some degree.) and if not apart of the mafia some other crime organization. This will be the basis for his bio and will also lead to an injury which will be sorta vital to the character. He basically lost his arms and a leg, and has had them replaced with prosthetic ones. This would be a big part of his personal character progress, there are also other images which show him having like big metal gauntlet arms in some other manga pictures however I don't think that'd fit in with the universe so simple prosthetics would probably work just fine. There really isn't ALL too much else to the character however, except for maybe his general weapon of choice being a dual set of handguns.
latest

The second idea I had in mind, would probably fit in the lines of an assassin-ish type character? It is based off another concept I have made before and his character is heavily psychology based in a sense. He is a fairly weird character in a lot of ways, in most cases his origin of birth is generally an enigma though usually he was taken in by a Cult of some kind (Almost all cases, this cult's religion had no real influence or effect on the Rp, because it was generally a case of them just being a group of crazy people that worshipped something that never even existed.) however this doesn't REALLY have to be the case but something similar most likely has to happen in order for other aspects of his character to work, though at some point, whether something done by Tremki (The characters name) or somebody else doesn't really matter though they would end up being wiped out and this would eventually give way for him to slip out and go in the BIG WORLD. Basically, to keep things short because I don't want to this to be longer than it's already going to be he will get caught for doing something bad like killing somebody or SOMETHING which gets him caught and this will set some chain of events which basically states that due to him being an odd circumstance, he was given a chance of redemption similar to the prisoners in canon except in this case he has to complete the Hunters Exam like everyone else. Something else to mention, is that I was also thinking that along with a dual set of curved short blades of sorts. He would be chained from all limbs, his neck, arms and ankles being locked in long and heavy chains. This could start as some other circumstance he had to be under to complete his end of the deal for relative freedom and I was also thinking he'd actually end up using it while in combat. (To give some idea for what "sorta" inspired me to do something like this was Obito from Naruto while he was tobi/madara and used chains...And the games he also uses the same chains and well yeah...That's basically where the idea is coming from)
toto_sakigami_by_hiironoaki-d70ytjt.jpg

The next idea I had in mind will probably need some help with location like everyone else on this list. For this idea, the character is going to be someone of conflicting nature (in the sense he is a self proclaimed hero, however at the same time while he won't outright say it he is also a thief, liar, traitor and murderer), someone who believes he has good intentions but finds it hard to make the right decisions is the shortest way I think I can put it. Combat wise, he is a tinkerer/inventor at heart who makes his own sorts of gadgets and tools to help in various situations and always looks to improve his set of equipment. In every other area, he is average or a little above at best - basically he will grow as more of a jack of trades in the sense he will be somebody he dabbles in a wide multitude of skills but not spend much time in perfecting these with perhaps the exception of his inventions maybe.
223626-rokka-no-yuusha-wallpaper-2196x1600-for-windows.jpg

I am sorry..
Personally, I'd say the green haired character. I like em

Personally, I'd say the green haired character. I like em
I agree, I like the second as well. Would be nice to have a little evil and there are lots of criminals who took the Hunter Exam in the manga.

Yoooooooooooooooosh! That made my decision easier, the green haired one it is. I have actually used the same concept before so it shouldn't take me too long to put a character sheet together for him in the next few days.. However I do have a question, is it okay to have WIP versions of our OC's in the character sheet tab? Or would you prefer only finished character sheets be posted?

Yoooooooooooooooosh! That made my decision easier, the green haired one it is. I have actually used the same concept before so it shouldn't take me too long to put a character sheet together for him in the next few days.. However I do have a question, is it okay to have WIP versions of our OC's in the character sheet tab? Or would you prefer only finished character sheets be posted?
If you do make it a WIP, you would just have to make sure you let me know when it is finished, I am not telepathic . Other than that, I am not very picky in how you do it.

Looks good Lazy, accepted, of course.

To those who have not made a character yet, no stress, I still have preparations myself to make.

I FINALLY HAVE AN IDEA. So it should take me about a day or so now to make the character sheet. Although I may review a few things with you Mr. Black before I post it.

A little fun thing for those who are bored... I am making some NPC enemies (or allies), if you guys want to make one over here for funsies, I would appreciate it ^.^. These will be the people you will be working with and/or fighting and while I can make everyone a faceless baddie, that is no fun! These characters will be like Ponzu and Pokkle, other applicants with a face and some personality.

Also, of course, the rookie crusher will be making an appearance, so no need to worry.
1516510629931.png

Basically just fill out this form if interested:
Name:
Appearance:
Abilities/Equipment:

A little fun thing for those who are bored... I am making some NPC enemies (or allies), if you guys want to make one over here for funsies, I would appreciate it ^.^. These will be the people you will be working with and/or fighting and while I can make everyone a faceless baddie, that is no fun! These characters will be like Ponzu and Pokkle, other applicants with a face and some personality.

Also, of course, the rookie crusher will be making an appearance, so no need to worry.
View attachment 389812

Basically just fill out this form if interested:
Name:
Appearance:
Abilities/Equipment:

That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm down to make on totally!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back