• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Humanization {ACCEPTING}

Alright, we've got like 5 people who say they're in, and another two who say they're takin' a good looksie. I'll give this a good day of being around before Devious and I start working on making threads.

So, I'm interested, but I have a question based of the CS. Could something like an Adreno-Booster be allowed as a normal aug? Basically just an augmentation to force the body to produce adrenaline and make even menial tasks exciting. Though this would also have some serious draw backs, that I would list.

So, I'm interested, but I have a question based of the CS. Could something like an Adreno-Booster be allowed as a normal aug? Basically just an augmentation to force the body to produce adrenaline and make even menial tasks exciting. Though this would also have some serious draw backs, that I would list.
Hmmm. That's a question for the boss. Shadowfall Shadowfall

But what kind of drawbacks are we talking? Honestly, I don't see a practical purpose for this aug in everyday Dystopian life, really. But eehhh, I'll leave it up to him to ultimately decide if this is alright, I'm just curious.

Hmmm. That's a question for the boss. Shadowfall Shadowfall

But what kind of drawbacks are we talking? Honestly, I don't see a practical purpose for this aug in everyday Dystopian life, really. But eehhh, I'll leave it up to him to ultimately decide if this is alright, I'm just curious.

By pumping oneself full of adrenaline you get that high that can make things exciting and more fulfilling, even boring tasks. It's like getting runner's high without having to actually go for a run. And as a slave if you can initiate the adrenaline, you can do more manual labor without feeling as much pain. Thus preventing you from likely having attention drawn to you.

a major drawback would be the inevitable crash. At some point the adrenaline would need to wear off and the body would then become sluggish and heavy. Think of it like the end of the world's GREATEST sugar rush.

By pumping oneself full of adrenaline you get that high that can make things exciting and more fulfilling, even boring tasks. It's like getting runner's high without having to actually go for a run. And as a slave if you can initiate the adrenaline, you can do more manual labor without feeling as much pain. Thus preventing you from likely having attention drawn to you.
Exactly. It pumps and riles people up. So it kinda seems like a dangerous aug to give to the commonfolk when the gov is trying to suppress them and keep them in line, don't you think? Which makes me think the aug would be illegal, which also means you would likely need a good reason and a good way to get it.

Exactly. It pumps and riles people up. So it kinda seems like a dangerous aug to give to the commonfolk when the gov is trying to suppress them and keep them in line, don't you think? Which makes me think the aug would be illegal, which also means you would likely need a good reason and a good way to get it.
That's why I was leaning towards him having a past that would be discovered in the RP. I don't want to post ALL of the character's backstory in here, but let's just say his former self is a wanted man, as a hint.

That's why I was leaning towards him having a past that would be discovered in the RP. I don't want to post ALL of the character's backstory in here, but let's just say his former self is a wanted man, as a hint.
Ahhh, alright, I gotcha. I was hoping you were gonna lean that way for it all to make sense. I have no more concerns then. ^_^
Still up to boss though, but I think he'll give it the okay.

Yeah, but gotta find a good character to fit this idea. That's the challenge.
I like it, the aug forcing the body to produce adrenaline would be interesting at the very least to observe. Then again, that would have side effects, because you could only do so much of that before you cause serious damage to yourself.
In short, I approve it. But overuse of something like that seriously will leave you with more than just a 'crash'. And it would be pretty illegal, besides from uses that would need something like that, like military or other law enforcement jobs that would need something to seriously jack and wire them up.

Or if they had enough cash, they could pay the gov to overlook them, like in a sports career, which professional leagues could only endorse because in all technicality, adrenaline is a bodily function, unlike steroids.

Now that I think about it, you would probably need a permit to get an aug like this.

Ah, I love this sort of thing. Alright, just make the character, I approve of your idea.

So, I'm currently working on Diego, but I'm trying to think of an Aug that's different than will bonding or nerve stapling. Neither of which really would work with his backstory. This part is being a real pain in the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back