• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Howl's Flying Castle (Finished! ---Whoo! (*^▽^)/)

-Farthing Plains-

The prospect of learning of Howl's whereabouts had Lydia ever more antsy about arriving in Dalaran. She generally placed her concerns aside in order to keep from getting distracted by them but with answers to questions quickly encroaching, she became more anxious. With that in mind, she quickly chided Seifer and called him a child for any complaining he may have done when he was informed he had to ride with her. Despite how much he aggravated her, any verbal attacks on her personally didn't bother her and she was able to answer coolly in her own defense or offer him a quick elbow to the ribs, it was how he treated others that made her mad. Thought it wasn't beyond her to giggle at the exchanged insults, they sounded too much like jokes and her mind had to wander towards the once suggested disguise of a theater troupe and Serena's having taken a liking to it. They could have put on a whole comedy set with puppets like Punch and Judy.

Just a week? Lydia smiled somewhat sneakily, she supposed that Seth had taken her kind gesture as an extension of offer of treaty, when in reality, she still had yet to get back at him for his last prank. Though it would be easier to return the favor with his guard down, and more entertaining too since it would likely surprise him.

Lydia took to studying the unsealed tome whenever she could, an excited smile generally plastered on her face. It was a new book! A new book! Whenever she held a book she hadn't read before, she couldn't help but be excited about it, all that new information! The fact that this book benefited her greatly just made her all the more excited about it and enthralled with it. It was also a means of ignoring Seifer whenever he opened his mouth.

"You know, Seifer, you would be a lot more tolerable if you were only seen and not heard," she alluded to his good looks while pointing out his propensity for being a total jerk.

@Zer0 @Katsuya

-Renee Pendragon-

Renee felt him go stiff and her grin became more mischievous like a Cheshire cat or her little brothers, but she didn't say anything right now. She tilted her head, her grin softened up as she listened to her brother's words and laughed in mirth when he ruffled her hair. Looks like he's serious this time if he is this worried about relationships. "Hmm...It could if we're not careful." She would agree on that point of view. Having a relationship would be distracting but...She looked back at Echo and Johnny, a bit thoughtful.

"Then again, having a relationship would mean having a person to look after you and anyone related to you. To have a back-up and a friend to trust in when times get tough and somehow brave anything out when the food and water does run out." She can see that with Johnny and Echo. Those two always looked after each other even before this journey and during this journey, their relationship grew serious. It's really something to witness. Really cool.

"Why even rate the order of how much care and compassion you can give to others? I know if I ever have a boyfriend, I'll never put my family and him in the same category of love, but...I don't mind sharing that number one spot in your heart if that means I get to have an older sister." She teased at the end, not minding his hand on her head.

"Having a relationship has nothing to do with being in this group or enhancing it somehow. If you have someone in mind, but don't think now is the time then that's fine. Just go for them when you are ready. You might never know, she could be feeling the same way right now." Renee commented, now looking at her brother with bright orange eyes that's filled with comfort and innocent honesty.

Serena, in the meantime, stayed close to Princess Mia, wondering about something and peeked over at James before looking away.

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

Last edited by a moderator:

- James Pendragon -

" Farthing Plains "

"What kind of older sister would you want?" asked James, who despite Renee's love advice seemed to be still thinking along the lines of the relationship benefitting his siblings.

As they were growing up, James had always been the type to weigh the good and the bad before choosing to act upon the best action for himself and whatever he cared about the most. It sometimes made him out to be a cold machine, or a very disciplined, hardworking youth depending on what he sacrificed. He was opposite of Renee who went with her gut and heart most of the time.

That was what he liked: something having a purpose so that he didn't waste his time in it. He had the mind-set of an achiever and rarely did he ever indulge in anything that didn't improve his person in any way. Even when relaxing, he read books. While in the bathroom he practiced magic, hence the reason why toilet paper stuck out of most of his books instead of proper book marks. He wakes up early and spends the rest of the day fulfilling his duties and mastering his art.

It was the same with relationships. He always dated mostly so that there was someone who could do something he could not do, spending more time and thought on how she could help him in some way instead of thinking about loving that person. Which was no surprise why his past four relationships failed.

That was one of the pitfalls of being achievement oriented. James had not figured out how to create an intimate connection with another human being and had been going about it all wrong --- and is still seemingly going wrong about it right now, or at least had not found a balance between love and practicality.

@Katsuya

- Seifer Rathmore -

" Farthing Plains "

"Like you?" said Seifer from behind Lydia. One could feel those arrogant stormy grey eyes boring down her neck. "I didn't know you could talk. I thought you communicated through staring ~heh."

@Roleplay Skittle

OOC || Characters || Interest Check

-Farthing Plains-

"Aaaw... Seifer, are you saying I'm pretty?" Her tone was sweet though her words oozed sarcasm and she seemed to ignore any insult his statement may have contained. Her neck felt hot, it was bad enough having him this close to her without him eyeballing her like that, "wait till I tell the other girls!" She spoke cheerfully, grinning impishly, the expression likely only visible to Seifer by the slight plumping of her cheeks.

@Zer0

-Renee Pendragon-

"Hmm...Ideally?" Renee asked and immediately answered. "An older sister who can make you happy. Someone who can help you relax and not be tense all the time." She then grinned. If she had her wings, they would be fluttering in joy by now. "Maybe even have a funny bone in her body and knows how to have fun, but still very considerate to you or maybe even be a space cadet sometimes! It would be nice to not be the only one who does that."

Then she shook her head, amused by her brother's calculating ways. He seriously needs someone who's patient enough to understand how he works and help him understand that it's okay to not be so...mentally-charged or achievement getting. "How about you? What type of younger brother would you like? Other than Seth and Sen, of course." Renee asked, now curious as to what he would say now.

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

- James Pendragon -

" Farthing Plains "

"What kind of younger brother I would like?" repeated James, surprised at the question. He had never thought of that before. "Hmmm . . . someone that doesn't come with a twin, doesn't drive me up the wall, wouldn't get in my way, doesn't cause explosions early in the morning, doesn't put experimental substances in my food, is a normal person, and someone I can rely on to protect and take care of our family. 

@Katsuya

- Seifer Rathmore -

" Farthing Plains "

"No. I said." Seifer began slowly talking as if he was explaining one plus one to a child. "you communicate. through staring." he said loudly. "Got to work on your listening skills, Dubois, but don't worry you'll get there. Just need a little more practice and you'll finally learn to use your mouth and ears as well as your eyes." he drawled.

@Roleplay Skittle

-Renee Pendragon-

Renee stared at him for a minute before laughing out loud. "Are you sure you're not talking about our own two little brothers, James? What is a normal person, anyways? What's you're definition of a normal person?" Her laughter almost made her fall off the horse, her arms around James loosened up as she wanted to clutch on her stomach. Honestly...she would love to find someone who can protect and be reliant too.

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

-Farthing Plains-

Lydia just rolled her eyes to Seifer's condescending tone, "if you think that's all I do, I believe I am not the only one who needs to work on listening skills," She stated bluntly. He was either completely just teasing her or he didn't get that she had been teasing him, she thought of saying something a little sharper, but unlike Seifer, she was aware of other people's feelings... though she didn't really think he had any, she was inclined to not say something to take a stab at them.

@Zer0

- James Pendragon -

" Farthing Plains "

"Normal like . . . " James looked around for an example. "Lydia." he pointed at her where she and Seifer seemed to be finished bantering with each other. That girl was doing a better job than they were at dealing with the jerk who had now taken to just being bored while watching the scenery roll by.

@Katsuya@Roleplay Skittle

-Renee Pendragon-

"Like Lydia? Hmm...I'll keep that in mind then." Renee answered back, still grinning a bit. "Though I wouldn't mind if there was someone who can prank others too like Lydia." The novice witch is one tough cookie, in her opinion, so she wouldn't mind anyone who can join in the twins' mischief towards James.

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

-Farthing Plains-

For some, lack of interaction made them socially awkward in a way that they shied away from others and became introverted. For others, they seemed to lose the ability to determine what was and wasn't socially acceptable and thereby sort of ostracized those around them. Lydia was a combination of both. She was aware of the feelings of others and she wasn't afraid of socializing, but she could be blunt and depending on the circumstances, she may or may not feel awkward, but there was a pretty evident line between which type of interaction would make her feel what.

A bored Seifer was a quiet Seifer. A quiet Seifer was a pleasant Seifer. She couldn't help but smirk to herself as he quite unintentionally took to her initial statement and shut his mouth. She had to stifle a snicker, not realizing that James had chosen that moment to point at her. She didn't want Seifer to hear her because then he would become most unfortunately not quiet. She didn't want to get anymore badgering from him because while she could easily handle it, it was a nuisance and so rather than study the tome she had gotten from Renee at the Ogre cave while they rode, she decided to just contemplate spells that might be able to retie shoelaces. While at an inopportune time it could be disastrous, she was quite certain she could find a moment to use it to make Seifer look like a fool.

@Zer0 @Katsuya

destiny_conceptart_qTzvj.jpg

- Ruined Watchtower -

"Farthing Plains"

Later that morning they made camp in the ruins of an old watchtower. This place was a relic from a fallen empire that was defeated by a legion of orcs, goblins, and trolls more than two hundred years ago. Birds nestled in the nooks and crannies of decayed bricks, while snakes and spiders stared out of deep cracks in the mossy statues of old warriors.

A falcon circled the sky above and a family of foxes scurried through the bush hoping to avoid the hunter's hungry eye. In the distance gazelles with very large noses, and short stocky horses with short bristling mains grazed on the steppes. There was a howl in the north where a pack of wolves could be seen padding through the grasslands in search for lunch. 

Seth loved the ruins and immediately went exploring, wall-running up the tower, crossing the tops of the crumbling archways, and leaping from one pillar to another; Johnny, who had never seen these type of animals before, uprooted a bush, wore it and began slowly approaching the gazelles and horses so that he can see them up close; Seifer took first watch as usual and seated himself upon the highest point of the tower that he could reach; Princess Mia and Latifa decided to join Johnny and wore uprooted bushes too; James went about exploring the place as well and was fascinated with the masonry and the culture being shown on the artistic mosaic tiles on the floor and walls.

@Katsuya, @Roleplay Skittle

-At the Ruined Watchtower-

Echo decided to stay near the horses, watching Johnny, Princess Mia, and Latifa try to go near the wild animals, grinning a bit as she looked around and spotted the wolves looking for food. She hopes those wolves don't try to bite any of them...With that thought, she made sure to keep a close eye on the pack and on her boyfriend and friends.

Serena and Renee, on the other hand, walked around the big ruined watchtower, gaping in awe and got inspired by it's history. The creative pair stopped at the middle of the watchtower where the walls are missing the ceiling and a few of it's bricks.

The former blonde took up her violin, checked on her strings and started to play a very scary song with high and sharp notes, an echo repeating back to the pair. It sounded like she was making a terrifying warring story with a very dangerous enemy coming by, ready to strike down to whomever that cross paths with it.

It filled Renee with such dread that she drew in the sketchbook Echo gave her, creating and matching a scene with the song. Orcs, trolls, and goblins of all kinds massacring the human soldiers that were either screaming or running away to safety and the middle of it all, the Deathknight that attacked them at the dinner party. She thought it fit with the scene.

Once the song ended with a bittersweet sound like the sun was rising in a war-zone, Renee clapped. "Holy Merlin Serena! That sounded amazing!!"

"Oh! Thank you, Renee." Serena bowed like she was on stage, curtsying a bit with a large and showy grin.

"Do you get inspired by people too or just the setting?" Renee asked, now curious.

"I get inspired by anything, but it's up to me if I want to create music with one or the other." She explained, checking on her strings again, meticulous with how it sounded.

"Then...does that mean you made a song based on anybody in this group?"

"Of course. I have one of everyone in the group, including Madam Curie." Renee blinked in shock.

"Wait-! Everyone here-? When? How-?"

"I simply write the notes down in my notebook and play what's on there to see if it fits with the person. If not, I change it." Serena shrugged, not realizing how amazing that really was. It takes tremendous skill to do that, from what Renee understands. So for Serena to just shrug it of like it was nothing made her think that either she's really humbling or really clueless on how talented she is.

"I-I see...Then can I hear James' song first? I want to know what you think of him."

"Feel, sweet pea. Feel. I don't think when it comes to music, you know?" A dust of flushed pink appeared on her cheeks as she breathed in and took up her violin, playing the first note. The song started of cold, like it was wary of anybody coming close. Though as the song continued, it grew more steady and calm. Then it paused for a second...With a surprising comeback note, it sounded like the song was more upbeat, like it represented how his mind works: pushing forward and making progress as it puts effort in it. Even when it's alone in one note, there's still some sort of planning, but it got louder, with more passion in there. Like the song was happy with it's efforts. Then it went back to calm and somewhat cold at the end like it would start over again the next day.

Renee sat on the ruined ceiling that's on the floor for a moment really quiet before jumping up and clapping enthusiastically. "Wow! You caught how my brother's mind works! How did you know-?"

"Well, he always studies. It seems to me that he has fun at those moments and seeing his efforts grow into fruition." Serena mumbled, her blush grew red. She stared at him a lot just to get a feel for his personality, but there's no way she would tell that to the little sister of her crush.

Renee nodded in agreement. Her brother did love seeing the things he planned work out at the end. "It took me years to catch that habit of his and yet it took you a couple of days. That's really incredible, Serena! Can I hear another-? Can I hear Seth's and mine?"

The white haired Pendragon asked to hear everyone's songs, which Serena had no problem sharing, laughing and enjoying each others' company.

The two were similar but different when it comes to their methods of living. Like their hearts: Renee expresses hers through words and actions and Serena expresses hers with her violin. They shared another common trait: Somehow they trust their gut instincts though Renee would go with it head-on and Serena would think about it first before going with her flow.

It's like watching a wood dryad interact with a water nymph; Two completely different types of mythological creatures but live their lives in a similar fashion.

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

-Ruined Watchtower-

The ride to the watchtower hadn't been very comfortable. She was relatively petite but sharing a horse with Seifer had been pretty crowded, especially since his ego took up a fair majority of the saddle. Once they had arrived at the watchtower and everyone went their separate ways, Lydia drew her little silver spectacles from her bag and set them towards the end of her nose as was her way. She drew the new tome from her bag as well and rather than sit, she paced back and forth. The teen witch wasn't very much interested in exploring like the others and she didn't have a particular desire to go and.... wear a bush and watch animals, and she definitely wasn't going to keep Seifer company after the centuries long ride she had just taken with him, so her final option was to read.

Wandering aimlessly through the ruins while reading wasn't a very good idea since she was likely to run into something or have some other disaster befall her, so she just stayed near their belongings, pink lips mouthing the words she read as she concentrated. Her concentration was momentarily interrupted when Serena started playing her spooky music, the tome Lydia held being clutched to her chest as she looked around wide eyed, the echo of the music crashing off what was left off the walls and seeming ever more ominous and haunting. Lydia shivered, "brrr!" her head shook slightly as the dark strands of her ponytail brushed against her neck, causing her to jump slightly and swat at the pale skin there, thinking she had a bug on her. Realizing that it was just her hair, she giggled somewhat shrilly and went back to her reading.

The music's pause caused Lydia to draw in a deep breath as she listened intently, her eyes once again drifting from her book and looking about at nothing in particular. She could hear the faint echo of the girls talking, but whatever they were saying was unintelligible to her. When Serena started playing again, Lydia smiled. Despite the echo making the music rather eerie, it made her want to study harder and she dove back into the pages of her book, taking a seat on the ground with her knees bent and ankles crossed over each other.

@Katsuya @Zer0

-At the Watchtower-

"Oh! Wait, I know! Play Lydia's song!" Renee eagerly pleaded without meaning to get loud, her eyes shined in excitement.

The violinist nodded, taking another breathe as she played the apprentice witch's song. It started off quiet like it was shy, but then it grew into something epic like someday it will be the greatest at what it does. Open to new possibilities and achieving it's goal with all of it's passion, wit, and playful whimsy. Like it's up to anything that goes against it and the song ended with an erupt note.

Serena believes that Lydia will become an impressive witch with how determined she is and it shows in her song. It's like she was cheering Lydia on and supporting her decisions. Renee clapped again, giggling. "Now can you do Seth's and mine?"

"Alright, I'll do yours first." With another deep breathe, Serena played again, though now cheerful with the tune. The song felt warm and festive, even when it was quiet, the song was slowly gathering more and more louder; like it was gathering more friends and dancing around with them. This song really made anyone feel like they can be themselves and be accepted no matter what they do.

Renee couldn't help but blush, a bit humbled by Serena's view on her. "Thanks...and Seth's?"

The song for her little brother already sounded epic, ready for adventure and taking risks! Renee could imagine her brother running and jumping on walls, throwing daggers at enemies like a boss. With confidence and bravery, even a bit playful with his stunts and flips through mid-air! Then a quiet moment like Seth was pondering on something...like he misses someone important. 'Sen...' Renee thought but then the tune grew a bit more heartfelt...and off it goes-! Going to another adventure but now more happy.

"AWESOME!!!" Renee screamed in cheer, her heart pounding from the epic tune. Her voice echoed in the watchtower.

@Roleplay Skittle @Zer0 (OOC: Check the OOC! XD)

-Ruined Watchtower-

Having stopped her pacing and sat down, Lydia also retrieved her journal, loose paper, and writing utensils, now laying on her stomach and carefully studying things she had previously written as well as new things she was learning from the previously sealed tome. Each of Serena's songs were well appreciated, Lydia's black granny boots swaying to the music behind her as she worked. It was as though her feet were enjoying the music all on their own without her brain having acknowledged it. Separate entities that were still one.

Lydia kept careful vigilance over her papers as they were not all bound in her main book, which was rather large but evidently not large enough to hold all of the notes she took and thoughts she wrote down. The journal was the kind of thing that if Lydia ever lost any part of it, it would be like losing a limb. It was a part of her in a most profound and emotional way, which was the reason she always had it with her. Eventually she would probably have to bind her loose pages together and create a whole other book. The way everything she had written probably only ever being able to be understood by her and likely just a mess to anyone else that may try to read it.

She jumped slightly, her feet stopping in the movement as Renee screamed her delight, one of her hands filled with a stack of papers, the two books spread out on the ground in front of her and a single sheet of paper in her other hand, she looked around at the walls as though following the echo of Renee's voice before she laughed again and shook her head, returning to her studies.

@Katsuya @Zer0

- James Pendragon -

"Ruined Watchtower, Farthing Plains"

James' hand paused upon brushing dust and cobwebs off an intricately designed stone slab the moment he heard Serena's war music. His hair prickled up the back of his neck. It was . . . ominous and scary, and suddenly he didn't want to be alone in the lower levels of the tower where he had been exploring an ancient waterway with only his floating will-o-wisps as light.

He hastily went back up the steps, feeling like something was going to jump out at him in the dark and grab his ankles, but it didn't happen and he was relieved to be back under the sun.

In his pockets jingled some ancient junk he had picked up earlier as he strode back into camp, where he saw Echo by the horses watching . . . three stalking bushes with legs in the distance?

" . . ." Echo was grinning and James realized one of those bushes was probably Johnny. He smiled too. One of the bushes extended a hand at a colt that it had managed to sneak up close to, which approached it sniffing curiously. Beside it the mother horse looked on. ' The nut.' thought James, amused. If he ends up getting chased it's going to be really funny.

He spotted Lydia sitting crossed legged on the floor, doing journal work, and went over to stand leaning on the wall beside her. She suddenly laughed, which was funny because she looked weird doing it all of a sudden by herself. 

"Hi, Lydia, allow me to borrow the ogre tome?" asked James, amused, looking at her work interestedly above her shoulder.

@Roleplay Skittle

- Seth Pendragon -

Above in the ruins Seth clapped when Serena finished her song about him. "That was volatily humdingery great!" he said jumping down from an archway and landed rolling to break his fall.

"I felt like a hero!" he said looking at Serena in amazement and striking a heroic pose and began shadow fencing. "Like I was in a sword fight with some rogues atop the roof of a castle. And you noticed those times I was moping about too, huh? . . . " he looked at Renee and he knew words weren't necessary to tell her it was because he missed his twin badly.

Seth hitched up a smile. "Hey, Serena, have you ever tried playing your violin at the top of a really tall place? Wanna' try?"

@Katsuya

-Ruined Watchtower-

Since Lydia hadn't heard him return, she jumped slightly and released a soft squeak when James approached and asked for the spell book. She didn't really want to relinquish it to him since she was comparing it with other things she had learned previously, but she supposed that she could always just write and so she would lift it from the ground and close it, though James was probably likely to notice the ripped strips of paper that she had used to mark pages that particularly interested her.

"Sure, James," she smiled sweetly and returned to her other papers, flipping through some of them and reorganizing before she selected a couple and lay them flat, side-by-side and laying the others in a stack under her journal so they wouldn't get blown away if an errant wind should pass through, "find anything interesting?" by interesting she assumed James would know that what she really meant was magical items because anything else wouldn't really be all that fascinating to her.

@Zer0 @Katsuya

-At the Watchtower-

Serena jumped in surprise while Renee turned around to see her brother strike a heroic pose, grinning widely. She agreed wholeheartedly to what Seth was saying about fighting rogues and all. When he mentioned about him moping around, Renee nodded at him, her grin turned understanding and longing. She did miss Sen, the other twin, but not as much as Seth misses him. They were inseparable until the party so...it was weird to see one without the other.

The violinist laughed a bit, looking really proud and happy that Seth enjoyed her songs. "Yes...I've noticed....I'm sorry that I didn't try to comfort you, but I didn't know how to without offending you in any way." She admitted quietly, now holding her violin and bow in one hand. She felt bad for not saying any words to the depressed twin, but she didn't understand on how he felt with the separation and thought to make it as his song instead. Despite his grins and mischief with Lydia, Seth has his quiet moments and she wanted to capture that somehow.

Serena tapped her bottom lip in thought before shaking her head 'no'. "No. Never...but I do want to try it." She grinned at the Pendragon siblings, feeling a bit adventurous herself.

"How do we get up there, lil bro?" Renee asked, pumped up from the song.

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

- James Pendragon -

"Yeah, a deteriorated construct core, a Rokmora shard, and I think a cursed dented dinner bell." said James, sitting beside her and taking out a cracked rune-engraved stone that looked part wood, a small dull purple crystal, and a pouch that seemed to hold the bell. One could detect the sliver of magic on them, the strongest of which from the pouch that gave of an aura that felt like it was keeping a large hairy spider inside.

James read as he listened to Serena played her second song, and it was only when it was over that he looked up, turned to Lydia as though he realized he did something wrong, and said, "You weren't using the ogre tome, were you?"

@Roleplay Skittle

- Seth Pendragon -

"We climb! No wings, using wings is cheating." said Seth, and ran off to camp to get a rope and then came back calling the two to follow him up the tallest point of the tower.

"Don't look down!" said Seth cheerfully, offering a hand to Serena and then Renee in a particular spot where one had to leap across a missing chunk of a stone archway. Seifer who was sitting nearby as this place had one of the best vantage points to stand guard, watched them while swinging his legs on the top of the pillar where he sat eating some nuts.

For fun he pelted some at Serena and Seth.

@Katsuya

-At the Watchtower-

Renee pouted when Seth told her no wings, but quickly grinned at the idea. It'll feel more like an adventure that way, she thought.

The pair followed Seth up to the tallest point of the tower. Though...Serena did look down when he said not to, unable to resist and gulped at how high they were. Her stomach plumbed in dread from the idea of falling and her legs started to shake. She had to breathe in and out when she realized that they had to jump-!

"Um..." Serena got scared and jumped when she felt a nut hit her shoulder, looking where it came from. 'Seifer!' She glared at him, not appreciating that he is throwing nuts at them in the first place. What is his problem-?!

Before she could scold him, Renee caught one of the nuts in mid-toss and threw it back, hitting his forehead. Her eyes glowed in a bit of anger. "Stop that, you troll!" Serena is scared enough as it is. His silliness is not needed when she's trying to be brave.

Then she gently pushed Serena towards Seth's direction, encouraging her to jump. The violinist could see that she trusts her little brother very much...Then she will too. With a shaky nod, she backed up a bit and ran, jumping over the gap and grabbing Seth's hand in the process. Stumbling, the violinist hugged her instrument tightly, a bit shaky from shock and adrenaline. "O-oh-! That...that was...EXCITING! No wonder you like to jump around like you do!"

Renee laughed at Serena's compliment for her younger brother, really happy that she enjoyed herself before getting ready. Then she ran and jumped over the gap. Of course, being short almost cost her to reaching the other side, having to grab the edge of the bridge with half her torso and one leg, but she managed to pull herself up with Seth's help. The white-haired Pendragon then stood up, used to getting scratches as she dusted herself off and ruffled Seth's hair playfully so he wouldn't worry much. "Lead the way, Seth." She grinned again.

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

- Seth Pendragon -

Seifer poured out a handful of nuts and tossed them all at Renee, sniggering when a few dropped into the collar of her clothes.

"Right?" Seth grinned at Serena. At his sister's prompting he led them all the way up to the top where the cool breeze was strong and the view was great. The people who built this tower knew what they were doing when they chose this spot. One could see for miles and miles all around.

The twin lifted his hands to the sky and hollered at the plains, happily digging the breeze. Down below, James was yelling at them to be careful, but Seth did a hand stand in reply, laughing, and pretending to be outbalanced, threatening to fall. But he didn't and he sat back down looking happily thrilled with the fear of falling. Seth was kind of like the wind, with a strong sense of self, rebellious, blinding, and free.

"Do you like it here?" he asked Serena.

@Katsuya

-At the ruined Watchtower-

Renee tossed the nuts that fell in the collar of her clothes back at Seifer once she got them out by jumping a bit, making them fall down her tunic and landing on the ground. "Bloody perverted troll that always does things to annoy me-!" She mumbled before reaching at the top, her mouth gaped before turning into a wide smile. The view is wonderful up here-! The sky look so inviting right now and she has a sudden urge to fly, but didn't since she needed to rest some more. That and Seth told her it would be cheating...and she didn't like to cheat.

"We'll be okay, James!" Renee replied back, her anger towards Seifer completely wiped clean from her face.

"Yes-! It's wonderful up here! Hahah!" Serena chuckled, delight glittered in her blue eyes as she lifted her arms up like Seth and spun around in place. She felt free up here, like she could do anything. With a gasp, inspiration hit her again today as she readied her violin and played on how she felt. She poured everything into the song, making as exciting as jumping over the gap and a bit of conflict from Seifer into the song. It sounded grand as the expansive sky, like there's still something to discover and uncover new paths!

The tune made the white haired Pendragon pumped again, now really wanting to fly and do tricks in the sky while Serena played this song. Instead however, Renee giggled and danced a bit with Serena who flowed with her turns. They were careful with the edges.

@Zer0

-Ruined Watchtower-

Lydia moved to her knees as James sat down beside her, her lips forming a little circle as he drew the items out of his pockets. Green eyes glimmering with wonder as she gazed at each item. To the pouch, she shivered slightly and stuck her tongue out, "bleh!" She giggled a bit and shook her head, she would avoid touching that one but the construct core caught her interest and she lifted it from where James placed it and adjusted her spectacles with a single finger as she looked over the runes.

"Hmm?" She glanced to him as he questioned her and smiled meekly, shrugging her shoulders under the padded leather of her vest, "yes... but it's fine, I promised I'd share, remember?" Her eyes squinted slightly as she continued to gently smile to him, "besides, you are sharing with me right now, it's only fair."

Lydia closed her eyes and nodded firmly to her own statement before returning to the core.

@Zer0

- Ruined Watchtower -

Seth grinned and hummed along, clapping, before adding his own lyrics to the song:

" The sun does arise!

And make happy the skies.

The merry bells ring

To welcome the Spring.

The sky-lark and thrush,

The birds of the bush,

Sing louder around,

To the bells’ cheerful sound. 

While our sports shall be seen

On the Ecchoing Green! "

"Pshh ~ that's not how you dance, Pendragon." scoffed Seifer watching them. He stood up on the pillar and energetically gamboled with the tune, pirouetting majestically. "You're wasting the music if you don't put your heart into it. You have to swaaaay ~" he said making a slow motion wave with his hips.

Down below, James smiled in relief at Lydia. "Alright." he said looking at her paper-strip bookmarks.

He opened one of the pages she marked and saw that her paper strips were neat and just the right length. Not too long that it's wasting paper, not too short that if in case it gets pulled by other things in the bag, one won't lose their page. His bookmarks were toilet paper and he stuck a piece on a page about a spell called, "Featherfall" that can slow the fall of a person or object.

As Lydia picked up the construct core, a major component in the arcane creation of golems, it suddenly sparked then pulsed a nova of invisible energy that travelled shimmering in the air like a heat haze. It touched all who were in the tower.

Suddenly, the moment they blinked they were teleported somewhere else:

James suddenly found himself looking at the plains near the horses; Echo for some reason found herself sitting beside Lydia and looking at a book and wearing James' robes; Lydia suddenly found herself on the top of the tower in mid-dance; Renee was no longer on the tower but beside the other horses near Echo and looking at the plains from a taller point of view; Serena was no longer holding her violin, but was singing with Seth's voice.

@Katsuya@Roleplay Skittle

*First come first serve. Whoever got the number first switches with that person on the list. This really cracked me up.

Echo = 3 (James)

Horse = 5 ( Renee)

James = 1 (Echo)

Lydia = 6 (Seifer)

Renee = 2 (Horse)

Seifer = 4 ( Lydia)

Serena = 8 (Seth)

Seth = 7 (Serena)

1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back