• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Howl's Flying Castle (Finished! ---Whoo! (*^▽^)/)

-At the inn-

After buying a few more things like clothes and spices, the girls returned to the Inn and Serena grinned widely. "Yea! Woo~! Go Malina!" The violinist cheered, prancing along with the princess, her scarf flowed around her as she spins.

Serena wore a teal blue tunic that reached down to her mid-thigh, her almost skin-tight pants is striped in black and semi-dark grey, and her darker blue cloak looked more like a cape with two pointed tails at the end, a simple golden button held it together. Around her neck is a red cotton scarf that she tied into a bow at the back, it's own tails draping down with the cloak. All in all, she looked like a wandering adventurer than a musician which she didn't mind since she loved adventures of all kinds.

Echo shook her head, smiling as Serena grabbed her violin and started playing a tune for Mia to dance in. The fawn wore a dark green hooded vest that has pastel yellow fur on the rim of the hood, her regular white shirt underneath it. Her caprices also stayed but has the leather leg braces that Serena bought her are on top now protecting her legs and tough leather arm armor that reaches up to her elbow. The enchanted hammer she bought is hanging from her back, attached to the belt that slings over her one shoulder and around her waist. Her dad might not like the fact that she is even carrying a hammer, but he would be proud that she fought just like him.

"Now now, girls. We shouldn't get so rowdy. The Inn owner would hear us." Echo advised, Serena pouted a bit. "Aww~! Come on Echo. Don't ruin our fun."

"We can have fun after we leave the village."

"...-Sighs-...fine...I don't know how I'm older than you yet you're the mature one."

"It's...that I don't know." Echo replied jokingly, smiling in amusement. It's true; While the fawn is sixteen, Serena is eighteen. So it's really funny how she's more excitable than Echo while Echo can stay calm in most cases.

Most cases...

"I wonder...I'll be right back. Gotta ask the guys if they know where we should meet up with Renee, Seth, and Rathmore." Echo said, walking out of the room to knock on the guys' door, grinning a bit. "May I come in?"

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

-Binks' Market-

Lydia nodded to Echo's suggestion, but she still felt kind of awkward asking Renee for quills, in an emergency, she probably would but since she had the opportunity now, she decided just to get them here.

It was easy enough for Lydia to collect what she wanted, most of her items were a one shop stop kind of thing. Gently placing her necessary writing items in her bag and pulling from her stash of gold to pay for them, which was a pretty easy amount to determine since she was pretty used to buying quills, paper, ink, and envelopes. She even found a nice, leather bound book with blank paper that she could use once her journal was full.

Finding the shoes was the second easiest, once she had collected these and paid for them, they too were neatly placed in her bag. It wasn't her bag with all of her clothes and such, just her messenger bag that she generally carried when she didn't have a horse to ride, but it was big enough to carry the stuff she was gathering at the moment.

Finding a weapon was a bit harder, mainly because she didn't know what she was looking for. She ended up grabbing a small and simple crossbow, having studied them in her ranged combat book, she thought that perhaps this would be easier to handle than an actual bow, especially since she didn't particularly have the strength to draw back a normal bow string. Having grabbed a quill of bolts to use for practice, she took note of some leather armguards which were similar in color to the armor Seth had given her, she grabbed those too and paid for the items before rejoining the other girls as they all made their way back to the inn.

Lydia wore pretty much what she always wore... black with black and some more black with stockings striped in white, though now she had the additional armguards to match the armor she previously had. She was now sitting on one of the beds lacing up her new granny boots as she watched the other girls take a moment of respite with an amused smile on her face.

@Katsuya @Zer0

- Inn -

"Guy's Room"

"Come in, Echo. " huffed James voice from within.

Upon entering, the fawn would see James by the side of his bed struggling to do a push-up, his lanky arms shaking. The bathroom door was closed, but inside Johnny's voice could be heard proclaiming, ". . . one come all to Caprice's cacophonous circus --- er, no. Crazy conundrum of marvels? . . . Ah, serendipitous whimsical vagary!"

"Baa." came Butter's voice from within.

"You think? I'm sure there is a spell to help me grow my sheep horns back, Butters." said Johnny.

"Baa."

"I know horns don't grow back, but it's magic so have some imagination."

@Katsuya

OOC || Characters || Interest Check

Last edited by a moderator:

-At the Inn-

Echo blinked before closing the door, smiling a bit as she hears Johnny with Butters in the bathroom.

"Hello, James. Do you know where we're supposed to meet up with the others?" She didn't know where James wanted to meet up with Renee, Seth, and Seifer so she's rather curious about it. That and she didn't know how much longer Renee could keep up with the transformation.

Back in the room, Serena sat back on the bed, still pouting. "Hmph! Watch, Echo Muses, I will have fun. I will have so much fun that everyone would join in and start dancing like there's a festival!" She stood up, dramatically placing her foot on the bed as she declared this with a fist up and shaking. The violinist was joking of course, wanting to keep up with the silly and fun atmosphere. 

Then she looked at Lydia with a determined grin. "Will you join me, Lydia? We will conqueror everyone's joy as we travel through lands."

Renee had enough fun jumping around and playing with the screaming humans. So she flew back to where Seth and Seifer are. Currently, she's nuzzling her little brother, not minding the whiny one as she showed affection.

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

-Inn-

Lydia finished lacing the polished black leather shoes before setting her feet on the floor and wiggling them slightly, the shoes making a soft squeaky sound. She supposed getting new shoes in the middle of a journey wasn't the best idea because now they would need to be broken in, but her others were so worn that it was either new shoes or go barefoot.

She looked to Serena with an amused smile and said only half jokingly, "you know, we could always pretend to be a traveling theater troupe. It might draw suspicion away from us when we pass through a village," She laughed slightly, "as well as built in disguises and everything."

Rising from the bed, she continued to move her feet, the leather of her shoes creaking faintly as she bent her foot to toe and then laid it flat again working in the new material so it would be easier and more comfortable to walk.

@Katsuya @Zer0

-Serena Lock-

Serena looked over to Lydia, her grin turned a bit loony. "Hmm! That's a good idea, then again we'll have to carry a lot more stuff to do that...and this is only for a temporary thing, so we could sell it back..." She thought it over, tapping her finger on her lips. She wondered if the others would like that idea too...she knows that Echo and Johnny would be ecstatic about it and Lydia can sing so she's fine...but...

'Everyone else would probably be really clumsy while on stage.' Serena thought, amused as she can see James running around the stage with his new summons trying to eat his clothes off. Well...at least the women would enjoy the show and some guys too if they went that way. She giggled mischievously.

@Roleplay Skittle @Zer0

af6898502207d848c8915d8a66fe802d.jpg

- Misty Mountains -

Earlier in the Misty Mountains, with nothing to do for the whole day, Seifer took to practicing archery.

"That target . . . looks like me." said Seth who was lounging up on a tree eating a piece of roasted pork. Sasha had come carrying a heavy parcel of matches and two knives earlier so they were able to cook the boar Renee hunted for them.

"No, you're imagining things." said Seifer shooting the carved eye of his target with a thwack from the arrow.

Shing

A throwing knife knocked his arrow head off the target. Seifer had never seen anyone do that before. He looked up at the tree a look of challenge in his eyes, but Seth was casually eating pork while looking at the canopy of the trees.

Thwack

Seth's pork was shot off his hand and now wiggled skewered in the center of an arrow embedded on a branch. They looked at each other. It was on.

When Renee came back, Seth was sulking about as she nuzzled him, while Seifer smugly continued practicing archery with the same target that looked like Seth, but now had the words 'Loser' carved on the head. Sasha had come earlier to tell them of their plans. Poor little owl, she wasn't used to traversing long distances so many times in a day.

(1-5)Seth success = 7

(1-6)Seifer success = 5

2.jpg

- Inn -

"Guy's Room"

James flopped on the floor, his strength spent. "Yes, we're going to meet them behind that tall hill with the outcropping of rock that we camped out on the day before yesterday. We'll head out tonight pretending to head back to the Misty Mountains to hunt the monster, then once we've rejoined them, we'll circle a long way around the village." he told Echo.

He got up stretching his arms. His once pale skin had turned brown from their travelling under the sun. His dark hair had grown longer too and was starting to get in the way of his eyes.

"How was shopping while Renee terrorized the village?"

@Katsuya

-Echo Muses-

Echo nodded at James' plan to meeting up with them. "It was...something. Not going to lie: It's very strange to casually buy things while hearing people scream for their lives."

"How about you? How was shopping with Renee terrorizing innocent villagers?"

-Renee Pendragon-

Renee cooed at Seth, not knowing that he was sulking at the moment until she froze. Her feathers slowly puffed up and her body started shaking as she tensed up. Then...she exploded feathers, changing back from her regular human form. The brown cloak and her hair billowed around her a bit, revealing only her bare legs and feet since the cloak was buttoned up. She groaned as she stumbled a bit and sat down, tired from using her magic for hours on end.

"Remind me...to never stay in that form for so long. It's tiring." She told to no one in particular, ignoring the new sensation of the ground touching her skin. No one should be that angry or sad and stay that way just to keep up a transformation. It's really emotionally draining. Then she looked up to see Seifer shooting arrows at...

"Why...does that look like Seth? With the word 'loser' on it?" Renee drawled tiredly, blinking to stay awake and trying to lead the boys away from knowing that she's not wearing clothes under. She wanted to avoid explaining why she did that in the first place.

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

-Inn-

One could think that with as big and round as Lydia's eyes sometimes got that she was a distant relation of Sasha. She stared at Serena's loony grin in mild surprise, she had said it half joking.. half, "yeah, but we'd have to make arrangements now and then carry everything to the next village..." she tilted her head as Serena giggled, what was going on in that girl's head?

Lydia shrugged her shoulders and dismissed it, retrieving the armguards from her bag and putting them on over the long sleeves of her blouse, causing the loose fabric to billow out a bit more around her biceps while being taunt around her forearms under the laced up leather bracers. The inlaid leather and padded cloth garment that Seth had given her was put on over her clothing and the other items she had collected from the market were left in her bag except for the crossbow and bolts. She reordered all of her possessions to make the things she needed access to easier to get to while everything else was put in her larger bag.

@Zer0 @Katsuya

- James Pendragon -

"Guys' Room, Inn"

James chuckled. "It was a hoot."

He pulled his hair back and kept it that way with a hand as he rummaged around his bag, then Johnny's as though looking for something to tie it with. "Though, I did feel a little guilty when I saw some kids crying in fear. By the way, do you know how to cut hair, or do you have a hair tie that isn't girlie that I could borrow, Echo?"

- Misty Mountains -

"Because he is one." said Seifer haughtily under a shower of feathers.

Seth was spitting out feathers and waving them off, "Sis, you're naked!" he cried in alarm and quickly blocked her from Seifer's view, while glaring at him. The archer didn't look at her once, which was odd since anyone would be surprised if it was their first time seeing that.

"Um . . . I'll lend you my clothes, okay, sis?" said Seth. "Then I'll get the fire going on again. We have pork if you're hungry. Don't worry, I cooked it, not Seifer."

@Katsuya

-At the Inn-

Echo giggled from the pun. "Hmm...I know Serena has some in her case. I'll grab some from her. Hold on." She left to get some, looking at the rather now questionable mentally sane violinist as she continued to daydream about James. The fawn grabbed some, mumbling that James is using these and went back to the boys' room, handling him a rather light blue hair tie.

"If you want to cut your hair, you should ask Renee...maybe..." She did know how to cut plants really well, so she could cut hair well too...maybe.

Renee's face turned red when Seth pointed that out, not appreciating that he said it out-loud. "Seth-! Ju-just....-sighs- Okay, just lend me a shirt and I'll be fine..." The white-haired Pendragon is short enough to wear Seth's shirt like a tunic that reached down her thighs. When she heard about the pork and that Seifer didn't cook it, she couldn't help but release a sigh of relief. At least she avoided a stomachache.

"Thank goodness, yes may I have some?...Sorry about the feathers...they tend to...explode everywhere." She added to Seifer, looking away and turning redder as she covered herself even more under the cloak.

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

- James Pendragon -

"Guys' Room, Inn"

"Thanks." said James, tying his hair. It was a short cropped pony-tail, kind of like what a shut-in writer's would look like. "I like blue." He dropped down to the side of his bed and started to do push-ups once more. He could only do five before he plopped on the floor again.

"Echo, can I ask you something about girls?" said James suddenly his cheek on the wood.

- Misty Mountains -

"No, wear my pants too." insisted Seth firmly. He was down to his boxers, but he didn't mind and would not take no for an answer before he went off to slice off some pork and give it to Renee wrapped in a big leaf.

"Mm." said Seifer without looking at her. He must probably still be annoyed for her dragging him to rest under her wing last night, though he barely put up a fight later. Probably because he was cold too, or he was afraid he'd be dropped or eaten by the big scary owl griffin if he had argued more.

@Katsuya

-At the Inn-

Serena couldn't help but poke Lydia. She stopped daydreaming and started chatting with everyone in the room, feeling a bit bored. It's not easy to stay in a confined room and not do something. "I'm sorry for poking, sweetie."

Echo hummed a bit. "Sure, depending on what you're asking...what is it?"

Sighing again, Renee could only nod and accepted his pants too, feeling it fall sometimes, though she took off her cloak and wrapped it around Seth. So he could stay warm. "Here...and no, don't give it back until we can get clothes that fit again." She smiled at him.

"Thank you..." As soon she bit into the pork, Renee's eyes wandered to the other archer's back, feeling a bit worried and awkward. She remembered everything and knew that Seifer must be angry at her for one of many things...Sometimes she just wished he stops being a child and...wait...

Really? Did she really started to worry about on how he feels when the guy didn't even want to thank her for saving his butt? Not this time...

Standing up with her food in hand, Renee walked over to Seifer and grabbed the back of his shirt. She only tugged it lightly to grab his attention. "Stop being a stubborn and immature baby and come sit next to the fire...I doubt you're warm right now." She is not going to say sorry for dropping him while flying nor will she say sorry for scaring him when it was just her appearance and his imagination. The archer is a huge idiot if he's trying to be tough when it's not necessary.

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

-Inn-

Lydia jumped slightly as Serena poked her. She had turned her back and was making sure all of her things were where they should be and wasn't really paying attention. She giggled and shook her head, her high ponytail swishing back and forth, "it's okay, I was just focused."

She had been curious about Serena and James' relationship, but she didn't want to pry. It just made it kind of awkward to be around them when they were doing... well whatever it was a they were doing. It was hard for her to resist interjecting and getting them to be open about their feelings to each other, mainly because it wasn't her business, even if it would make her feel less strained.

She looked towards the wall between their room and the boys' room, "I wonder when we are going to leave," she sighed slightly, she was getting a bit restless and she was nervous that despite their ruse, that the townsfolk might start to become suspicious.

@Zer0 @Katsuya

- James Pendragon -

"Guys' Room, Inn"

"How do you know if a girl is into a guy for a serious relationship and not for a short fling?" asked James pensively.

- Misty Mountains -

Seifer raised an eyebrow. "Pendragon, I am warm. Want me to prove it?" he smirked, back to his old self again, and opened his arms as if asking for a hug.

Seth, who stoked the campfire back to life was looking at them with a tired look as though exasperatedly wondering if they were going to fight again. The sun was already setting, and they needed to get ready to meet the others.

@Katsuya

-In the Inn-

"..." Echo knew that he was talking about Serena, but it wouldn't hurt to drop some hints.

"Well...if the girl keeps doing something that's not necessary and is really sweet around you is a good indicator..." Girls don't do things for guys if it's just a fling. They would flirt, sure, but that's as far they will go....If a girl continues on doing something for a guy however, it's a clear indicator that she likes him enough to make it as a habit....or well, that's what she believes anyway.

"Just keep talking with her and she'll like you so much that she would want to stay and be serious with you." Echo advised, giving him a small smile.

Renee didn't take his bait, lightly tugging his shirt again. "Come on Rathmore...It's getting dark and I rather avoid any of us getting cold and get sick." She's not taking 'no' for an answer, looking at his eyes directly so he would know that she meant it.

This time...this time she won't be riled up by his silly antics, but she will react accordingly if he does something stupid.

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

- James Pendragon -

"Guys' Room, Inn"

James looked at the bottom of the bed, thinking. "But what if that girl --- as a non-specific example --- starts playing sensual music out of the blue? Would she be doing that as a joke to be funny? Or is it because she's asking for a fling?"

- Misty Mountains -

Seifer dropped his arms, looking at the sky, annoyed. It seemed like he did that only with the hopes that Renee would leave him alone, and was now looking like he was tired of trying to think up of more ways to achieve that. "Pendragon twin, will you tell your sister to let go?" he said pointing down at Renee.

"Er . . . " Seth wasn't sure what to do. On one hand, he didn't want to do what Seifer wanted, on the other, the archer must be serious if he wasn't resorting to bullying, or being mean, or just being himself to make her release him. That or he's  scared of Renee's griffin form.

"Um, sis? I think he's alright . . . I mean, he's got his clothes and everything . . . and you need to rest too. You can sleep by the fire if you like, we've still got about four hours before we head out. You didn't sleep last night, right?"

@Katsuya

-At the Inn-

Echo raised an eyebrow, not expecting the sensual part. Serena does tend to space out so..."Well, let's see...did you see her expression while she was playing music? That's another thing...Why would a musician waste their time even playing a song for anybody if they wanted a simple fling or was joking?" She asked. If she remembered correctly, music is difficult to do, understanding the notes that's written down and playing it without seeing it in front of them.

"If you ask me, I say that she enjoys playing songs for you, believing that you're worth her time and effort in each one she plays." AKA She's serious.

Her shoulders slumped in disbelief. He wouldn't bully her, huh? He wouldn't even tell her himself to her face to stop bothering him, instead asking her younger brother for help. What...a coward...Renee shook her head and walked away, not even going to argue.

Before she was even half-way to the fire however, she peeked over her shoulder and said. "Just be honest and tell me to leave you alone...geez..." Then she walked next to Seth, crossing her arms as a make-shift pillow and quickly fell asleep. Her frown softened up to a line.

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

- James Pendragon -

"Guy's Room, Inn "

"Alright . . ." said James uncertainly, getting up from the floor and rubbing the back of his neck. He had a mark on his face where the wood pressed against his cheek. He still looked doubtful, like he had more question to ask, but he just said, "Thanks, Echo. Don't tell anyone except Johnny that I asked, okay?"

@Katsuya

-At the Inn-

Echo nodded. "I promise to not tell Serena or the other girls." The fawn then giggled quietly when she noticed the mark on his face. "We should get ready to leave soon then..." Then she walked out of the room, shaking her head in amusement. 

@Zer0

a581c89224991b5aa0ff0e3abf9d85f4-d7kv5ti.jpg

- Farthing Plains -

" Next Day, Watch Tower Ruins "

That night, with the villagers' best wishes on their hunt for the monster, the group pretended to head for the Misty Mountains where they met up with a shivering Seth in his boxers, a Seifer who was looking moody for some reason, and Renee at their meeting place behind one of the hills they camped on before.

They then set off on a fast gallop circling far around Binks Village without any torches or lamps, and headed back on course towards the south east where the trading city of Holt was just three days away on horseback. They were now closer to Dalaran where the Princess will be safe, and where Renee, James, Seth, and Lydia can learn all about what happened to Howl, Markl, and the Witch of the Waste that fateful night when the black dragon first appeared.

As Seifer had lost his horse that bolted after Renee snatched him last night, he had to ride with someone and was at least somewhat mollified that it was with Lydia. Last night, James, Johnny, and Seth all had their turns up until the morning of the next day, but all failed as they ended up almost fighting. Apparently Seth had lost some contest with the archer and kept competing with Seifer over which was better: bows or throwing knives, which ended in a fisticuff and the both of them falling off the horse as they accused the other of cheating.

"You're a person of rare intelligence; it's rare when you show any!" said Seifer, head locking Seth.

"Yeah, well if you were twice as smart, you'd still be dim, cheater!" said Seth, wriggling out and grappling his arms.

"So you admit to being less than dim -- ow! Hey, careful with your knives, they're poking me!"

"Yeah, wouldn't want to accidentally deflate that overinflated ego, that'd be a crying shame!"

When it was Johnny's turn he finally got annoyed with Seifer's snide comments every time he rode beside Echo to talk to her and show affection, and James lost his temper after their casual exchange of insults turned into jibes about 'your mama'.

"Don't get lost in thought, Pendragon; you'll be a total stranger there. " drawled Seifer while James was thinking of a comeback to his last insult.

"The more I think of you, Rathmore, the less I think of you." said James coolly without looking up from his book as his dapple gray horse galloped on the next morning.

"Want to hear about the greatest mistake? Ask your parents."

"Rathmore, you must be an arithmetic man, you add trouble, subtract pleasure, divide attention, and multiply ignorance." said James shutting his book with a snap. Just then Princess Mia intervened and she was able to cool their tempers before it got any worse, and so now Seifer was sitting on the saddle behind Lydia on her horse before they make camp that late morning in the ruins of a watch tower to catch up on some sleep.

James had asked Renee earlier if she was willing to ride with him and just have her horse Midnight gallop beside Misty so that she could lean on him and sleep through the night. It was dark, but her brother's silence suggested that he was thinking about something as the group travelled, and glanced at Serena now and then. Seifer was not talking to Renee, and was for some reason now making fun of others instead of making fun of her as was his usual; Johnny had gathered the courage to talk to Serena and tell her that her clothes were nice; Seth thanked Lydia profusely for saving his drawing and the newspaper, then said that in return he was not going to prank her for a week.

The tome Lydia had opened days ago turned out to be an elven spell book of ancient magic, very old, and moth eaten with many stained and faded pages. Though most of it was written in elvish, the rune language of the spells were written in widely known arcane symbols and carried an enchantment that increased the holder's powers in casting evocation spells.

@Katsuya, @Roleplay Skittle

env_fields_2.jpg

-Farthing Plains-

When Renee, Seth, and Seifer met up with everyone else, she was disgruntled at the other archer, frowning grumpily as she rather be sleeping at the moment. She gave back Seth his clothes and changed into the new ones Echo gave her, she smiling at her tiredly. Well, at least they fit and it has her favorite colors. With a navy almost black-blue on her sleeves and leggings, her orange and white tunic reached down to her mid-thigh. The new hooded cloak is the same dark blue as her sleeves with a lighter blue on her hooded part that's held together with a golden chain. She wore her usual brown boots and belt that held her quiver.

That night when they traveled, Renee almost pulled her hair out of frustration as she hears Seifer being more annoying with each comment he makes. What is his problem?! It's fine if he did it to one person (AKA her because she can handle being a target and ignore him sometimes) but to do that to Seth, James, and Johnny? Holy Merlin, she just wants him to shut up-!

She's tempted to change again and whack him in her griffin form if she had anymore manna....actually, wait...

Why did Seifer stop bothering her and started bothering the guys now? He didn't do that before...What is his deal? That's really suspicious and it's driving Renee into the brink of insanity whenever she thought more on it. So far she believes that he's really testing their bonds or trying to disconnect by being a troll-! Honestly who brings up 'your mama' jokes to someone who has a dead mother? Why irritate a friendly competition rival? Why make fun of someone's relationship?

She's too curious...that's got to stop...like now...

Renee nodded at James' suggest to sitting behind him and sleep or well tried to sleep. If it's any indicator that she's still awake, it would be her squeezing lightly around James' waist with each comment the other archer is making. Midnight whined a bit and snorted with Misty, somehow enjoying that he didn't have to carry anybody at the moment.

Echo tried her best on distracting Johnny while he rode with Seifer. With each snide comment he made, Echo would nuzzle her angry boyfriend and say cute things like 'snuggly wuggly fluffy Johnny'. The fawn kept looking at Seifer like he was being an idiot before comforting Johnny with kisses on his cheek.

Serena thanked the entertainer, complimenting on his outfit as well. She really did like the colors he has going on. Earlier, she tried to distract James by talking about her mentor's strange antics, hoping that it would make him laugh or smile until Princess Mia ordered Seifer to move to Lydia's saddle instead. Then she sighed in relief when Renee sat behind him and kept the novice witch company...or back-up and support if she ever needed it from the loud mouth of an archer.

"James?...what are you thinking about?" Renee mumbled tiredly and quietly, noticing how he looked at Serena and then looked away. Does he like her more now, she wondered, closing her eyes as they rode through the morning.

@Zer0 @Roleplay Skittle

- James Pendragon -

" Farthing Plains "

"Nothing." said James, but a little more prodding was all it took to make him whisper, "Wondering if this time and place with all that's going on with our group and our quest to safeguard Princess Mia to Dalaran is a good time for a relationship."  he nodded in the direction of Johnny and Echo.

James watched them hold hands and exchange affectionately gross pet names: 'Snuggle muffin', 'My puddly poo.', 'Fluffy Echo mello.' The older Pendragon made a face that was half-amused and half grossed out.

"We used to make fun of couples who talked like that and now Johnny's doing it. I never did that."

James hair was tied back this morning with a light blue tie that Renee would know he's never owned as he always kept his dark hair short. His cloak billowed in the cool wind as the hooves of his dapple gray horse thundered monotonously beneath them. Dark clouds from the north east loomed overhead, rumbling with distant thunder. Looks like there's going to be rain again this evening.

@Katsuya

-Renee Pendragon-

She kept prodding him until he said it and made her grin a bit. Giggling quietly from Echo making pet names of her own, Renee shook her head with a huge smile. "I guess Johnny just found someone who he thinks it's okay to be that affectionate." Her best friend's pet names were strange in a cute way: 'Sweet potato pie' 'Fluffy muffie' 'Sugar cube latte' 'Jolly Johnny'...What? She just wanted to record each one now...just so she could remember them and used them for her future boyfriend, if that ever happens.

"Well, who knows, James. I mean...I'm sure they could choose an even worse time to be together like...like....hmm...Anyways! Point is that love doesn't have any limits! Be it age or time or place." Renee commented, snuggling on her brother's back.

Then she looked up to see a light blue tie in his hair and blinked, making sure she's not seeing things. "Um...Is that Serena's hair tie?" James could hear her teasing grin forming on her face.

@Zer0

- James Pendragon -

" Farthing Plains "

James stiffened momentarily. "Yes, I'm borrowing it." he said casually and went silent for a few moments. "Renee, do you think a relationship would be distracting right now from all the responsibilities we have? We have to keep vigilant guard, think straight and make difficult decisions in battle, make sure we have food and clean water, and take care of family." his hand reached out from the front and ruffled her hair.

"A relationship would compete with all of that, right? Like, you, Seth, and Sen wouldn't be first anymore --- not that I'm looking to be in a relationship." he whispered hastily, his hand pausing on her hair. " It's nice, but logically it wouldn't serve our group better."

@Katsuya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back