Advice/Help How would I go about contacting inactive RP particpants?

Coco Adel

The Abandoned Maiden
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So as we all probably know for the longest time RPN has had a notification problem, sometimes they work well, sometimes they only work part of the time and sometimes they don't work at all. So I hit a stretch where certain people in my RP had not been active for quite some time. It actually looked like the might have bailed until one of them came back and said they hadn't gotten any notifications for it and now that I think about it there was one other person who had this problem before. I always make a point to tag the participants but if they aren't getting notifications then tagging them doesn't really help. I'm not one to pester people because if you don't want to RP anymore you don't want to RP but if it's genuinely a case of not knowing the RP is still going on I would like to let them know somehow. So how exactly would I go about that?

There are three solutions:

First: make sure you are using the right tags! If you are copy-pasting your tags (as in, with the code) that tends to not work.

Second: if that doesn’t work still, then a PM should’ve sent.

Third: Have in place concrete numbers regarding the leeway players have and tell it to them from the start. If you didn’t do this then a player has no idea how long they can affford to wait with whatever is keeping them out before attempting to get back. If you do , however, you have a measure for yourself to be justified in removing them if they cross that line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back