Advice/Help How to get more roleplays?

So something I noticed that might be contributing is that you only seem to play one character.

So maybe trying to diversify your OCs a bit might help?

I know in the past when I played with partners who only played one character they tended to not really fit a lot of the roleplay plots we came up with.

So I would try to make maybe a few different OCs and let your partners pick the one they think would best fit their own characters.

So something I noticed that might be contributing is that you only seem to play one character.

So maybe trying to diversify your OCs a bit might help?

I know in the past when I played with partners who only played one character they tended to not really fit a lot of the roleplay plots we came up with.

So I would try to make maybe a few different OCs and let your partners pick the one they think would best fit their own characters.
i do double rp though i mentioned it in the thread

i do double rp though i mentioned it in the thread

Yes but that assumes your partner wants more than one pairing. Some people are happy to play one pairing, they just might not think the OC you describe is going to fit with their character.

Ex. on Gaia I played with a guy who only played one character. He had dozens of different ideas for roleplay but they all had to use his one OC.

Which tended to not work out very well in a lot of cases. Example we tried to make a school roleplay once and he just kinda of plopped his adult male OC in as a student and love interest for my female student character. (Without telling me I should say, I assumed his character was at least gonna be aged down to be age appropriate for the setting. )

Which obviously is a lot of flavors of yikes.

But beyond that even in settings where the character might fit on the surface there was an unwillingness to adapt to outside ideas.

In a lot of ways it was like he had made his own canon character and he was trying to put him in all these different fandoms and make the fandoms change to suit his character rather than just make a different character to suit that fandom.

Now I am not saying your that strict in your portrayal of your OC. But just from reading the interest check I can see that being a concern that would make potential partners wary.

Things that I have found catch more interest than anything else in this site:
Master threads. People don't like looking at seven hundred different ads for extremely specific ideas! I found making one thread that introduced myself, my characters, and my ideas worked far better than any other ad I put out there - I got a solid ten people in a day, and that's with me requiring novella writers.
Open Mindedness. You will get very few - if any - bites if you only do one character or one idea. The more diverse you are in your search, the better. Obscure fandoms and requesting people to play canon characters means that it will take you much longer to find a partner. This is okay, just keep it in mind when you're upset you aren't getting people fast enough.
Shorter is Better. Organize things into tabs or drop downs, as a wall of text is very intimidating and most people won't read it. Keep things short and to the point. At the same time, don't be too skimpy; I recommend a section for yourself, your characters/ideas, and your writing expectations. This doesn't have to be more than a couple bullet points.
Patience. It can take weeks or months to find that one good partner. Quality over quantity, my dude. It's always better to have one or two strong RPs than a dozen ones that you or your partner aren't really invested in. You will have people who ghost, you will have RPs that don't work out, and you will have ads that 'flop.' You gotta have the perseverance to work through it. Eventually, you will find someone.

Edit: I glanced at your interest check you put up, and I think it would benefit from better organization of the plots and potentially more about what you're looking for. :) It's somewhat vague and doesn't really give much other than a list of fandoms. It's also worth noting that fandom RPs generate less interest than original ones, which is probably why it feels like you're not getting as many bites as everyone else. I would give it a while.

Last edited:
I been searching around but no one really wants platonic or they require literate writers. I can try to search more though

I guess my only choice is to keep looking. Lately my one on one intrest checks only get a like or a heart

Finding people interested in platonic can be hard. I flat out state platonic only and still got someone recently that bailed when I didn't want romance.

Also literate can mean a few things. Some RP terms are aggravatingly broad. Could mean writing like you are writing a book or a certain length or even a demand for little to no typos/grammar errors. Though here is seems mostly to do with paragraph lengths.

Dunno what to tell ya, then. That's way, WAY more options than I can ever find for what I'm looking for.

What is it you're looking for? I'm new here and curious what the rarities are... I've seen the lack of platonic RP, or people just want to play fandom chars...

I think the thing is that 1x1s by nature tend to crop up players wanting characters to enter intimate relationships. A need to dive deeper than just platonic friendship which is why theres a distinct lack of those in the 1x1 section.

Things that I have found catch more interest than anything else in this site:
Master threads. People don't like looking at seven hundred different ads for extremely specific ideas! I found making one thread that introduced myself, my characters, and my ideas worked far better than any other ad I put out there - I got a solid ten people in a day, and that's with me requiring novella writers.
Open Mindedness. You will get very few - if any - bites if you only do one character or one idea. The more diverse you are in your search, the better. Obscure fandoms and requesting people to play canon characters means that it will take you much longer to find a partner. This is okay, just keep it in mind when you're upset you aren't getting people fast enough.
Shorter is Better. Organize things into tabs or drop downs, as a wall of text is very intimidating and most people won't read it. Keep things short and to the point. At the same time, don't be too skimpy; I recommend a section for yourself, your characters/ideas, and your writing expectations. This doesn't have to be more than a couple bullet points.
Patience. It can take weeks or months to find that one good partner. Quality over quantity, my dude. It's always better to have one or two strong RPs than a dozen ones that you or your partner aren't really invested in. You will have people who ghost, you will have RPs that don't work out, and you will have ads that 'flop.' You gotta have the perseverance to work through it. Eventually, you will find someone.

Edit: I glanced at your interest check you put up, and I think it would benefit from better organization of the plots and potentially more about what you're looking for. :) It's somewhat vague and doesn't really give much other than a list of fandoms. It's also worth noting that fandom RPs generate less interest than original ones, which is probably why it feels like you're not getting as many bites as everyone else. I would give it a while.
Organization?
I think the thing is that 1x1s by nature tend to crop up players wanting characters to enter intimate relationships. A need to dive deeper than just platonic friendship which is why theres a distinct lack of those in the 1x1 section.
I guess so, it wouldnt be like they fall in love immediatly it would be like slow development

I have platonic, romantic and two normal pairings.

I even offer doubling

So far nothing yet, i found one rper but they wont rp because of age requirement for rping with them

Hi !
I just perused your 1x1 thread and would also maybe advise you to expand a bit more on your preferences! You've already listed some, which is great (!!), but for me, personally, I still don't really have a clear picture of who you are as a roleplayer & what you seek (aside from fandoms/pairings) - which might hold people back from forming a complete interest.

examples of things you can add:
- what kind of elements do you like to have in your roleplays?
- how descriptive are you/do you wish others to be? ( i know you stated you are trying to be more detailed in your writing yet not to the point of it being novel-like, but it does not really give me an indication how long your posts will be or what you expect from your roleplay partners)
- what kind of post frequency do you expect from others?
- any triggers?
- what's your stance on OOC talk ( do you like to plot a lot together?)
etc etc

I think if you add some more info about yourself as a roleplayer and your expectations, it might be easier to garner interest since others will have a better idea whether or not you two are compatible as roleplayers without having to approach you first and then ask the additional questions.

I know it can be hard to find people that tick off every box of your wishes, but RPN has, undoubtedly, many diverse roleplayers (and many joining ) so I have faith you'll find something!

Best of luck with your search <3

Last edited:
Don't take this the wrong way, but continually bumping this thread may be doing your cause more harm than good, just because your potential partners might be put off by what could be perceived as overly complaining and being high maintenance. It doesn't seem like anyone has any new advice in the past couple of months either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back