How to draw attention to smaller fandom RPs

Riolux

Umbreon? More like DUMBreon!
Alright so I made two different RPs, one far earlier than the other, but I noticed one, the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon one (admittedly more popular) got about 2,074 view(not all were posts, but at least it drew enough interest to look at) while my Dead By Daylight (a fandom I haven't even seen used) got about...9. I want to know how I can draw attention towards it better. I mean it could just be that no one here really plays it, but I am surprised to not get so much as a look over and I'd really like to make this appealing as the most roleplaying I do is in Pokemon and I find of lot of interest in the malleable nature of Dead By Daylight's lore and characters. Any advice or am I sunk here?

In my opinion I think that its just the size of the fan base you're roleplaying and the idea of your rp. I started a JoJo rp, and while it got a couple sign-ups and views, I can't help it if there aren't that many people dedicated to my idea or if there just aren't many JoJo fans. 

Maybe people have a different idea on how to roleplay on that specific fandom, or maybe the fandom isn't small. Either way, there's no forcing people to like something they won't be interested in. (No offense) 

^ Pikachu is right. The best Fandoms are what people naturally already know about. Pokemon is included in that big list. If it's not mainstream, there won't be a big RP base.

The only way around this is to become a good introducer. To outline well how the world works, and to show others it can be interesting to learn about and play in. Linking to the Official Wiki is not enough. You have to show off the kind of story the world can hold too.

I would not suggest you do this if you don't have a clear idea how a fun RP in that world would take place.

Expanding on someone else's point I'd make it a roleplay outside the fandom. for instance rather than using a fandom someone might not have heard of just make a roleplay using a similar story/setting and put based on xxx fandom.

Also be sure to clearly describe what the roleplay is about, the relevant details of the world, and be willing to answer a lot of questions as people work to figure things out

One thing you could try and I often do (do note, only works sometimes) is manually searching for people who might be interested. Use RPN´s search function to look for words that only exist in that fandom or search for the names of characters or of the fandom itself. It may help you track people who are potentially interested. List them down, then tag them when you put up the search thread.

One thing you could try and I often do (do note, only works sometimes) is manually searching for people who might be interested. Use RPN´s search function to look for words that only exist in that fandom or search for the names of characters or of the fandom itself. It may help you track people who are potentially interested. List them down, then tag them when you put up the search thread.

That's real fuckin' orwellian shit there dog

How don't you get it?

Randomly getting pinged by someone you may or may not know about something you may or may not care about seems pretty speeky.

most people I talk to actually love to get mentioned and rarely get bothered over something like being asked if they like something and in the case they do like they would be really happy people remembered them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back