Advice/Help How to creat A rp map

I struggle to find A software or A clear method to create A fantasy rp map. And i dont mean just The landmass because thats not he problem. But creating the counties, still don’t know how many people make beautiful maps with counties. Just wondering how to do that and if there’s some software for it.

Well, for starters, a person doesn't necessarily do it with an app or a single app. Combining different software's functionalities or doing some aspect by "hand" is an option to consider.

Regardless, the one I'm most familiar with, and which served me decently in the few times I've had to map something was Inkarnate. It's free unless you want to pay, and available straight from the browser

Well, for starters, a person doesn't necessarily do it with an app or a single app. Combining different software's functionalities or doing some aspect by "hand" is an option to consider.

Regardless, the one I'm most familiar with, and which served me decently in the few times I've had to map something was Inkarnate. It's free unless you want to pay, and available straight from the browser
Yeah i use incarnate to but the problem is how I can get counties in it

Yeah i use incarnate to but the problem is how I can get counties in it
1. You can create terrain-based borders
2. Use the text to name the countries without visible separation
3. Use another software in combination with Inkarnate, like save the map to your PC then edit it using paint and manually paint the borders

Countries can be made by uploading different colored terrains for borders and even different key markers. I even used paint to create borders before. Mind I mostly needed fencing to differentiate pieces of property but a similar method could be used for countries.

If you could post an example of something similar to what you want I could give you more specific advice on how to achieve the same result.

(EDITED.)

Countries can be made by uploading different colored terrains for borders and even different key markers. (on incarnate)

Although if you could post an example of what you mean by countries I might be able to give you more specific advice.
I don’t mean countries I mean counties.
Example:

Attachments

• 8C2F5F35-B862-474B-A55C-60FDA8080A80.jpeg
    8C2F5F35-B862-474B-A55C-60FDA8080A80.jpeg
    756.2 KB · Views: 7
I don’t mean countries I mean counties.
Example:

That's super easy then. You just color-code specific sections of your map and then add in a key. And absolutely you can do that on inkarnate. You can upload a maximum of 10 custom colors in addition to the terrain the beta version comes with. I found the easiest way to do it (if you aren't interested in replicating actual terrain) is just open up paint and make use the bucket feature to make primary colored squares. Then upload them to inkarnate.

Then you just put those colors in whatever combination you want for the counties. I'm at work so I can't post a screen shot but when I get home I'll see if I can't upload an example for a smaller island i made awhile back.

That's super easy then. You just color-code specific sections of your map and then add in a key. And absolutely you can do that on inkarnate. You can upload a maximum of 10 custom colors in addition to the terrain the beta version comes with. I found the easiest way to do it (if you aren't interested in replicating actual terrain) is just open up paint and make use the bucket feature to make primary colored squares. Then upload them to inkarnate.

Then you just put those colors in whatever combination you want for the counties. I'm at work so I can't post a screen shot but when I get home I'll see if I can't upload an example for a smaller island i made awhile back.
Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back