Other How many roleplays do you participate in?

boundless

I was just curious to see the average amount of roleplays people on here balance. When do you personally feel you are sacrificing quality for quantity? I myself rather participate in a smaller amount because a) life gets hectic sometimes and b) I write a lot, just generally in life, and it can be exhausting (although gratifying)

Last edited:
Though I am not in any roleplays at the moment, on average I would say these days three or four are the limit. When I get back into maybe two my schedule is too busy to have a lot of roleplays besides with longer posts it takes time. I used to do ten a long time ago but after a while that became tedious and I wasn't feeling it nor the characters.

I was just curious to see the average amount of roleplays people on here balance. When do you personally feel you are sacrificing quality for quantity? I myself rather participate in a smaller amount because a) life gets hectic sometimes and b) I write a lot, just generally in life, and it can be exhausting (although gratifying)

I have no RPs for the moment, but when i do, i can be on 5 hours, or more,
i used to do way more, but that, that was on the difference of timezone, i was very exhausted to continue.

It depends on the RP.

if its detailed and the other person takes their time responding, I'll do a few more to fill in the gaps

if its quicker, i'll do less.

I am doing 3 right now. maybe 2 since I haven't heard from the other person in a while.

I'm in 2 1x1s, waiting for a few more to respond (if they all do, i'd be in 5), and then a few group RPs I'm waiting to start up/get accepted in (2)

So if everyone of my 1x1s reply and I get accepted into the groups, I'd be in 7. Though, as it is, I'm in 2.

Currently 4, and they're all 1x1.
They usually don't reply at the same time so it's manageable.
Some of them are slow as 1 reply per week (or more) so I rarely have times when I need to reply to all 4 at once. And honestly I'm glad for that.
4 is probably as much as I can handle right now. If they were all equally active I probably wouldn't take up more than two.
Good thing is, all the rp are great, and I don't mind them going slow. One of those lasts for almost 6 months already and I haven't lost interest ^^

Two at the moment. Third just begun. Looking for fourth... and another one is RL one every Saturday. Generally, I cannot take more than five at a time - it's hard to keep the interest up.

I keep quality and quantity, but usually at the expense of pace. In average I'd say I participate in about eight RPs at any given time. I run about 2 RPs at most normally, at once. I prefer more demanding RPs that focus more on detail and have more planning and more solid bases as opposed to anything more casual or spontaneous. I also have a personal philosophy of overcoming the problem of RPs dying before the story is complete by putting the effort to make my posts, worlds, characters etc.. have value in of thenselves, be something I won't regret making.

I think it depends on the detail my partners are looking for, but in generally I usually balance two the three at any given time. Though, for long stretches i'll be so excited or interested over a specific roleplay that i'll just focus on that single one.

Depending on my investment, I usually try for three solid plots, so I'm able to provide quality AND quantity.

If I include various none RPN stuff... I'm currently involved in 13 RPs. My general limit is 15.
The most I've ever managed was 20.

I write too much and get lost in things easily.
But this is why sometimes it can take me a week or more to respond, especially when posts are more intricate or lengthy. That and life. Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back