Other How do you relieve stress?

Listen to music but my ultimate escape is roleplaying. Reason why I’m getting back into it because life is just TOO stressful right now

Take a walk, draw & listen to music, drink some tea and sit outside. One of those three, I just have to be alone.

Watch TV/film, read (graphic novels and books), play games (phone games are easiest and I like my otome games, but if I have the time, I love to sit down on a console or my computer to play), listen to music, or nap if I am super tired. With most of them, I prefer to be alone, although it's often enjoyable to watch movies or shows with family or friends.

Depends how stressed I am, I’ll sometimes scream lyrics to songs.

But overall, what helps me destress is listening to music

Last edited:
Typically I'll play guitar, write music, or go play one of my favorite video games like ARK, Conan Exiles, Minecraft, etc. On the games front it's kinda ironic since ARK and Conan both stress me out when shit goes wrong. Lol. Minecraft's usually fine, though.

Anyone ever go get a massage if they are really stressed? Sometimes I might take a bath or cuddle with my dog.

I blast music into my ears (typically one song on repeat before going to another song on repeat) and start deep cleaning my entire house. This might just be something with ADHD, but having something to hyperfixate on with a consistent song or two in my ears helps me relax.
If I'm too unmotivated to clean, I'll play a non-stressful game (Minecraft, home design mobile games, etc) and then take a nap.

Listen to heavy metal while jogging. Put silly dresses on my dog and be thankful I'm not him. Start books that I'll never finish. Play any dance or movement video game that I can find for my system. Sometimes I try to clean and organize when stressed. But then I lose everything I put away. 😆

For me I either roleplay if my partners are available, play video games (specifically Battlefield), go out and practice hockey, or pet the dog.

Music is huge for me- i see there are fellow metalheads in this thread! I also play with kinetic sand and play planet zoo.

honestly, it's often roleplay for me! nothing quite resets my stress levels like FINALLY getting back to a roleplay I've been really itching to reply to all day. other than that, video games are a very good stress reliever (and sometimes escapism) for me. when I'm super tired, I binge shows to reset.

Play video games. Though I would rather RP. But seems no one here really wants to

Music is a huge one for me, as well as games (Tears of the Kingdom is my comfort zone rn 🥰). Now that I'm getting back into roleplay, I'm thinking it's gonna be a huge one for me and I'm excited. 🤣 It's a wonderful catharsis, and it's wild how much stress I feel I can actually get out through playing out fairly intense roleplay scenarios with a good writing partner! I DM a Dungeons and Dragons game every weekend, have been for a couple years, and roleplaying has given me a very similar experience to that. It's nice to be able to live out scenarios safely in my imagination and even work through some things. 💕

...Well, in terms of PG answers, dancing, foraging, or consuming media (depending on the type and level of stress).

It depends on my level of stress. Most of the time I pull out my journal and write for a bit. Or I make vent art in my sketchbook. Or if it's really bad I just curl into a ball and my dogs come and cuddle me. (They're cuddlebugs no matter the situation).

Curl up on the couch and listen to YouTube until I fall asleep.

Music is my go to for anything mood related. If I'm stressed out I'll find the write song or playlist to help get me out of a funk, get me feeling more lively, or something energetic in just the right way that it helps calm my brain by giving it something else to focus on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back