Other How do you relieve stress?

D U H

☁☁☁
when you have a stressful day how do you usually get rid of that stress. Because everyone does something different. I have to dance. My sister HAS to work out. But others prefer yoga etc. What do you do?

I usually distract myself through video games with a preference for Stardew Valley, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem. Listening to certain songs or artists (usually Hozier or Bastille) tends to help as well. Sometimes I'll take a nap too though that depends on the day (how late it is in the day, how early I have to be awake the next day, and if I'm less anxious).

It’s quite different pending on the day:night and what’s actually available for me to do. Sometimes in addition to that my stress may not be relieved by the same method as last time or usually does for me. Growing up it was always animals and basketball sometimes reading or something creative I can delve into (writing or music) these days those same things still work and my dog can be the best and always available option to help lower stress. But I’ve also found a few other things that help a little or a lot, like stepping onto the lanes and getting some practice in (bowling) helps clear my head and shift my focus to something else.

Sometimes gaming helps- But I tend to binge games I like or love to extreme levels (well extreme for me) and end up not feeling up to turning on the consoles and finding a game to play. So they don’t always work and sometimes they can add to my stress by bringing moments of frustration pending on how things go and if I just got screwed in the game by some glitchy occurrence or pest of a issue. Watching some streams or YouTubers I follow can take my mind off things sometimes. But my dog, basketball, bowling, comedy or something along the creative side and music listening helps most often.

Currently and often wondered about exploring meditation more though.

Last edited:
I work out, but that doesn't always work for others. So I recommend yoga, not only does it feel good but it's also healthy.

Put on some random episode of whatever show I like in the moment or watch YouTube videos to calm down. I get really antsy when I'm stressed so

I play music, it's always calming.
Or I play games, preferably those that involve PvP. Fighting games and moba are the best stress relief for me XD
Or... sleep, if situation permits. Sometimes it's just easier to pass out than be anxious.

Meditation podcasts and, if possible, hanging out with some happy little trees or other available nature.

I write. If I can't write, I paint or draw. If not that, I drink.

I generally do something active and physically taxing. When I could still run, I ran. I go ride my horse (that boy reduces my stress without riding!) or I got surfing and let the ocean beat me up a little. I've always been a very active and athletic based and high-energy person, ever since I was little. When I go for a long time without doing something active, all that energy seems to build up and my stress levels get worse.

If I can't do any of that, I like to doodle. Nothing spectacular, I usually don't have the patience for long winded art projects. But doodles are fun.

Breathing! Or going to sleep. Both are really great.

If it's really intense, then might go for a walk or go out to the garden to go a few rounds with a punchbag.

Relieving stress? You mean normal people don’t usually let it internally build up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back