Advice/Help How do you get people to notice you

JeannieHobbbes

Creator of Moms of Jabberwock
Sorry if this is an annoying questions, but my very first post (which is my intro) got 40 views but no one is talking to me or even trying to attempt to rp with me. How can I fix this. Should I act more interesting? Help would be appreciated

Well do you have an interest check up? Or have you tried contacting other people on theirs? I would say it’s less a problem of being interesting and more about networking. You want to role play with people you have to be willing to put yourself out there. Don’t wait for people to come to you, go to them

It's important to be patient, too. 40 views doesn't necessarily mean 40 people interested in your favorite fandom, or 40 people willing to roleplay your specific take on it. It just means 40 people clicked your thread and viewed it. Finding a fandom RP partner is something that requires a lot of patience, a lot of perseverance, and the ability to not take things personally or get too discouraged when things don't seem to go your way at first.

I always see it as more difficult than finding a non-fandom partner because there are a few more hurdles for the interested party to clear, but... I've never done much in the way of non-fandom RP so I don't know how true that is.

geeking out and Platypus both have excellent advice, though. Communicating your ideas clearly and looking for other people who are interested in your preferred fandom are also important components to finding a partner.

The problem with that is I dunno what else I should say

I would look at other people's searches as I said.

Also here are some general things people like to see

About Me
- *optional* age / gender
- post requirements ( how much do you write per post )
- things you like in roleplays ( ex. i really like romance )
- things you won't roleplay ( ex. i won't roleplay rape )

Partner Requirements
- how often do you want your partner to post
- how much do you want them to write per reply
- do you want them to play specific genders / characters?
- how active do you want them to be
- are their any kind of partners your uncomfortable with ( people under a specific age for example )

Cravings
- what do you want to roleplay at this moment
- do you have any plots or pairings you want to do
- if you have plots/pairings which character do you want to play

That should be a good starting point.

Well do you have an interest check up? Or have you tried contacting other people on theirs? I would say it’s less a problem of being interesting and more about networking. You want to role play with people you have to be willing to put yourself out there. Don’t wait for people to come to you, go to them
I didn't think about the fandom check up. It's either I get intimidated by people who are better than me or they want nothing to do with me. I'm pretty awkward and shy and those aren't good things an rper should be. I feel insignificant and lower than people who have been rping longer than me. Thanks anyway tho

I would look at other people's searches as I said.

Also here are some general things people like to see

About Me
- *optional* age / gender
- post requirements ( how much do you write per post )
- things you like in roleplays ( ex. i really like romance )
- things you won't roleplay ( ex. i won't roleplay rape )

Partner Requirements
- how often do you want your partner to post
- how much do you want them to write per reply
- do you want them to play specific genders / characters?
- how active do you want them to be
- are their any kind of partners your uncomfortable with ( people under a specific age for example )

Cravings
- what do you want to roleplay at this moment
- do you have any plots or pairings you want to do
- if you have plots/pairings which character do you want to play

That should be a good starting point.
That's some good points! Thanks matey. I think I'll go fix up my partner searcher thingie

It's important to be patient, too. 40 views doesn't necessarily mean 40 people interested in your favorite fandom, or 40 people willing to roleplay your specific take on it. It just means 40 people clicked your thread and viewed it. Finding a fandom RP partner is something that requires a lot of patience, a lot of perseverance, and the ability to not take things personally or get too discouraged when things don't seem to go your way at first.

I always see it as more difficult than finding a non-fandom partner because there are a few more hurdles for the interested party to clear, but... I've never done much in the way of non-fandom RP so I don't know how true that is.

geeking out and Platypus both have excellent advice, though. Communicating your ideas clearly and looking for other people who are interested in your preferred fandom are also important components to finding a partner.
Thank you so much mate! I'll try not to be so shy and awkward CX

I didn't think about the fandom check up. It's either I get intimidated by people who are better than me or they want nothing to do with me. I'm pretty awkward and shy and those aren't good things an rper should be. I feel insignificant and lower than people who have been rping longer than me. Thanks anyway tho

Three things to keep in mind
1. Role play is about teamwork. Both people have to be willing to put in effort for the role play to succeed. In your case this means putting yourself out there and overcoming your shyness. It’s not fair to expect people to go out of their way to contact you if you won’t do the same. They could be just as shy or awkward as you. But they put the effort into finding partners and contacting people.

2. Be patient. This is a very large site. There are people from multiple countries, multiple time zones, and multiple life stages on this site. So simple put people might be busy or not on st the moment. I tell new comers give it at least two weeks to a month before you start to panic or do a revamp of your thread.

3. This is supposed to be fun. It’s not a competition. There are a few good threads about dealing with anxiety that you can search. But my general advice - Don’t compare yourself to others. People mostly don’t care how long you’ve been roleplaying or how “good” you are. As long as you can string a coherent sentence together you’ll find some partners eventually

Three things to keep in mind
1. Role play is about teamwork. Both people have to be willing to put in effort for the role play to succeed. In your case this means putting yourself out there and overcoming your shyness. It’s not fair to expect people to go out of their way to contact you if you won’t do the same. They could be just as shy or awkward as you. But they put the effort into finding partners and contacting people.

2. Be patient. This is a very large site. There are people from multiple countries, multiple time zones, and multiple life stages on this site. So simple put people might be busy or not on st the moment. I tell new comers give it at least two weeks to a month before you start to panic or do a revamp of your thread.

3. This is supposed to be fun. It’s not a competition. There are a few good threads about dealing with anxiety that you can search. But my general advice - Don’t compare yourself to others. People mostly don’t care how long you’ve been roleplaying or how “good” you are. As long as you can string a coherent sentence together you’ll find some partners eventually
Thanks mate. I really do need to get over being shy. It's kinda not a good thing to be as an rper (in my opinion). I'll try a lot harder. In fact I'm typing my fandom check-up right now CX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back