Advice/Help How Do You Find Face Claims???

Zariah Turner

Bestest dragon
Seriously. I have absolutely no idea how one searches for these. Can someone please explain? For both realistic and non realistic, as I'd like to learn how to find both.

Thank you in advance!!

Tumblr is my primary source since most fc blogs have sorting options. Pinterest can also be decent but sometimes pins aren't credited or utilize AI art.

Most of the time I'll just search " (insert trait here) face claims" either on Google or on Tumblr itself and it'll bring up plenty of results. If I'm already on a blog (such as PeppermintStranger), I'll just their filters to narrow down what I'm looking for.

I'll admit, I never thought Tumblr would have that mind of thing. Do you have any recommendations for blogs that have a good variety of options?

Pinterest is the MVP. It's the most commonly used FC source for a reason. You can be very specific with searches and get relevant results, and the related images are a gold mine.

For doll makers the big names are

Picrew.me
Meiker.io

You can make your own character in a wide variety of artistic styles. Picrew also let’s you bookmark so you can save your favorite makers.
People use Picrew for face claims? That's what I sometimes use, to get an idea for my character's appearance, but I didn't realize people actually used Picrews over here. Interesting! Also, thanks so much for recommending all of those face claim blogs.

I used to just Google a phrase that I felt would get results that were close enough for my character, and then describe any differences in a "description" section beneath the image on the CS.

These days, I usually draw my own FC's. I'm not that great at it yet. But I'm learning! Lol!

Cheers!

Pinterest is really good to me when looking for face claims. I click on one image and it suggests other images that are similar in style and realm. I have a lot of boards for different genres. :)

I usually use Pinterest and work backwards using Google Image search or TinEye to find the original artist - like, if I'm gonna borrow someone else's art, I'm at least going to want to share their gallery and follow them. Unfortunately, my Pinterest feed has been flooded with AI art, so I think I'm going to be Team No Picture for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back