How do I sell this RP idea better?

CastoffCaptain

Obsess. Hunt. Manipulate. Repeat.
I'm not sure that any of us really think that our RP plot ideas are bad.  I happen to think that I come up with good ones, although I realize that not everything I want to RP is going to appeal to anyone else.  I also know that there's a certain trick to spinning a plot idea so that folks will be more interested in it.  I'm not so good at that.  

That's where you come in.

I desperately, desperately want to do an RP involving a priest, a non-Catholic woman, a crisis of faith and a forbidden romance.  However, I've got a little bit of a specific when it comes to it, and the only way I knew how to describe it was through this:

Here's the thread

I understand the problems with it, but I just don't know how to fix it.

Can any of you folks help me with this, preferably using critiques instead of attacks (not that I've seen anywhere near the level of nastiness here I have on other sites, 'cause you guys rock), so that I might get a bite soon?

Thanks!

cap.

(I think the easiest way to get people into an idea is writing the plot idea like the description on the back of a book, or a video game case. Brief, to the point, and describing exactly what sort of experience you want them to have. Otherwise, it tends to have to be relatively romance focused, or supernatural.)

(I think the easiest way to get people into an idea is writing the plot idea like the description on the back of a book, or a video game case. Brief, to the point, and describing exactly what sort of experience you want them to have. Otherwise, it tends to have to be relatively romance focused, or supernatural.)

Should I dump the bit where I got it from? But hang on, let me go and read your other comments on my posts before I get all tangled up in this.

Not necessarily. In fact, in some cases it might make a difference if you emphasize where you got the idea from, even if you don't want the exact character, some people are more interested in checking something out if there is something attached to it that they are interested.

Also, titles.

(Perhaps emphasize what the plot is about, rather than a title that says "This really niche interest that you probably won't like" )

LOL, I'll go and change it. That's a good point. Underselling something doesn't sell something. I agree.  Although... what to call it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not necessarily. In fact, in some cases it might make a difference if you emphasize where you got the idea from, even if you don't want the exact character, some people are more interested in checking something out if there is something attached to it that they are interested.

Also, titles.

(Perhaps emphasize what the plot is about, rather than a title that says "This really niche interest that you probably won't like" )

And that was supposed to quote you there, and it didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back