Advice/Help How do I "join" a roleplay thread?

I am having trouble with knowing when to join a roleplay and when not to.. Basically, I was looking through the roleplay threads when I found a couple that looked interesting. But they were all already starting and doing their own thing, and I don't know if I'm supposed to wait or make a character beforehand? There were a couple of open ones that I could join, but I really don't know if I should like, make my character beforehand or not.. Or can I just hop in and roleplay as them? Arghh idk!! OVERALL, my questions are..
How do I know when to join a roleplay? Can I just hop in a rp? Or should I try messaging the creator if that's okay or not?

If you want to find roleplays that haven't started yet, you come here: Recruit Here

In those subforums, you can read the interest checks of people looking to start roleplays. You simply post in one of those interest checks that you like saying you are interested. When the GM is ready, they will create the threads for characters and the roleplay itself, and provide links.

If you want to join an ongoing roleplay, however, you should contact the GM, and ask them if its ok. If they say it is ok, they will also likely provide further instructions on how to, and if they don't, then just ask them. :)

Hope that answers your question.

Edit: And just to be clear, don't post asking if you can join anywhere other than the roleplay's OOC or in a direct message to the GM, and never absolutely never post a character or make an IC post in a thread you haven't asked permission to join yet. It's just plain rude, and it can break immersion for others.

thank you so much! Now I understand, thank you for taking time out of your day to answer my question haha! ^^

Anytime. A couple minutes is hardly a lot of time out of the day anyway XD
Feel free to shoot me a message if you have anything else you'd want answers for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back