Horrible GM Stories

I have one story and thankfully it has stayed the only story for now.

This was a roleplay that I had with quite a few strangers and a friend. Since this was pretty long ago I will be making up profile names. The person who had set up the RP in the first place was some girl that I will name Watari. She was terrible! I'm not saying she was a bad person because I didn't know her in real life but I am saying she was pretty bad at being the GM.

Apparently my RP friend which is going to be named Key had been this girl's partner in crime for a pretty long while. I had only heard so much about this Watari girl and I also was nervous about meeting my friend's other friends. It seemed that she knew everyone who was in the group so I was out of the loop. It was kind of awkward

The plot wasn't terrible to past me. It was about a school of witches, mythical creatures and all that kind of stuff.

I got the character form, filled it out, got approved, no problem there. The GM seemed nice enough at the time. Everyone did the same and I saw no favoritism either. If they missed something in the rules she wouldn't accept their forms or something similar.

When the RP actually started that was when most of everything went downhill. A lot of people were writing one liners even for the introduction of the characters. I usually only put the same amount of effort I feel others are putting out in their replies. I didn't want people to think I was stuck-up or something so I tried to not only socialize wit Key.

In the middle of the RP and out of nowhere GM's character teleports (She didn't say she used magic or anything she just teleported to where my character was.) and starts hitting on my character. I would of been flattered but the thing was that my character wasn't...into...girls.

Somehow after meeting for the first time and only a few minutes ago they end up making out despite my male character being more attracted to guys. Not to mention that I kept making it clear that he didn't want her at all and he was actually trying to get away from there. They end up having sex with my character enjoying it...that's what admin says at least. She...made...me.. RP...that SHIT!

I had sent Key a PM about that and she had replied that she had thought my character didn't like women. When I explained that he didn't she had apparently had not seen a problem with that. My friend wasn't going to say anything about it. I was very hesitant to take it up with the GM since I didn't want to get kicked out.

After a week of debating with myself I chose to gather my courage and confront her. I talked to her using private messaging since I didn't want others to be in the conversation.

She wasn't rude or anything but she kept talking about all this plot stuff. Something about her character getting pregnant but wasn't sure if it was my character's kid or another roleplayer that I'll name Suit's character's kid. I don't know about Suit but I hadn't agreed to that.

I explained how Aiden (my character) was homosexual. Her response was....CHANGE IT. I stared at the text and almost wanted to knock something down. I couldn't and wouldn't just change my character to fit her plot line. I had another love interest for him anyway. I had refused and she didn't seem to like that at all.

After awhile I had quit. The reason was because she constantly harassed me every time I sent out a one-liner. She said I wasn't putting in any effort. The other reason is because my character kept getting diseases that made people avoid him because they were deadly or something, he kept getting bad grades, he constantly lost battles (Magic battles, Physical battles etc.) he was basically being screwed over in every way possible, I was tired of it and quit.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Kira Times]I have one story and thankfully it has stayed the only story for now.
This was a roleplay that I had with quite a few strangers and a friend. Since this was pretty long ago I will be making up profile names. The person who had set up the RP in the first place was some girl that I will name Watari. She was terrible! I'm not saying she was a bad person because I didn't know her in real life but I am saying she was pretty bad at being the GM.

Apparently my RP friend which is going to be named Key had been this girl's partner in crime for a pretty long while. I had only heard so much about this Watari girl and I also was nervous about meeting my friend's other friends. It seemed that she knew everyone who was in the group so I was out of the loop. It was kind of awkward

The plot wasn't terrible to past me. It was about a school of witches, mythical creatures and all that kind of stuff.

I got the character form, filled it out, got approved, no problem there. The GM seemed nice enough at the time. Everyone did the same and I saw no favoritism either. If they missed something in the rules she wouldn't accept their forms or something similar.

When the RP actually started that was when most of everything went downhill. A lot of people were writing one liners even for the introduction of the characters. I usually only put the same amount of effort I feel others are putting out in their replies. I didn't want people to think I was stuck-up or something so I tried to not only socialize wit Key.

In the middle of the RP and out of nowhere GM's character teleports (She didn't say she used magic or anything she just teleported to where my character was.) and starts hitting on my character. I would of been flattered but the thing was that my character wasn't...into...girls.

Somehow after meeting for the first time and only a few minutes ago they end up making out despite my male character being more attracted to guys. Not to mention that I kept making it clear that he didn't want her at all and he was actually trying to get away from there. They end up having sex with my character enjoying it...that's what admin says at least. She...made...me.. RP...that SHIT!

I had sen Key a PM about that and she had replied that she had thought my character did like women. When I explained that he didn't she had apparently had not seen a problem with that. My friend wasn't going to say anything about it. I was very hesitant to take it up with the GM since I didn't want to get kicked out.

After a week of debating with myself I chose to gather my courage and confront her. I talked to her using private messaging since I didn't want others to be in the conversation.

She wasn't rude or anything but she kept talking about all this plot stuff. Something about her character getting pregnant but wasn't sure if it was my character's kid or another roleplayer that I'll name Suit's character's kid. I don't know about Suit but I hadn't agreed to that.

I explained how Aiden (my character) was homosexual. Her response was....CHANGE IT. I stared at the text and almost wanted to knock something down. I couldn't and wouldn't just change my character to fit her plot line. I had another love interest for him anyway. I had refused and she didn't seem to like that at all.

After awhile I had quit. The reason was because she constantly harassed me every time I sent out a one-liner. She said I wasn't putting in any effort. The other reason is because my characte kept getting diseases that made people avoid him because they were deadly or something, he kept getting bad grades, he constantly lost battles (Magic battles, Physical battles etc he was basically being screwed over in every way possible I was tired of it and quit.

[/QUOTE]
Wow. Just that might be worse than the creepy unhinged crazy pants GMs. At least you can ignore crazy and their usually so over the top it's not worth it to try to reason with them.

But that a seemingly nice person totally butchered your character like that.

I mean there was a simple fix too - just make pre established roles that way everyone know where they fit in the plot.

Going to breakfast but that reminds me of my own bad GM story.

So my own tale of woe started on another site with a gal I shall call VR.

The thing about VR is she was a perfectly nice person, a good roleplayer, and always very courteous to people. She would help you if you needed assistance editing pictures and she once even let me use one of her plots for a onexone.

The problem with VR was that as nice a person she was - well let's just say she had a few hurdles to overcome as a GM.

The first of which is that she was like a professional graphic designer. All of her roleplays looked like professional websites with the pretty graphics and the detailed coding.

And she was super strict on aesthetics. You had to have high quality pictures and be willing to make nice post layouts to join all of her roleplays. She was however good about helping people who struggled.

The problem was that she tended to spend more time on the asthetics than on anything else. And she would regularly be working on codes and graphics for new roleplays while the current one was ongoing.

The other thing she did was she tended to focus more so on playing and talking with her friends that making sure everyone got equal time. Again she wasn't rude but she would regularly go off on side tangents with her friends - basically making romances between her characters and theirs.

And if they didn't like something about your character she would take their side over yours.

So all in all maybe not the worst person I've had to deal with. But definately one of the worst GMs.

Okay, this should be fun.

In my early days of roleplaying, I used to go on this site called Miiverse. It was my go to site for a long time, before the horrible redesign came and ruined absolutely everything. It was there that I came across a horror RP in the Pokemon XY section.

It was about a haunted mansion, and several Pokemon are mysteriously sent there for some unknown reason. Being the silly preteen I was, I joined, actually quite excited. Many of the people there seemed like noobs, and I had recently met with a bunch of people who called themselves "pro-roleplayers". They had good grammar, good spelling, ect. and I was starting to look down upon people who typed like they were seven.

I was hoping to impress them, but I didn't. At the time, my character was a Zoroark. The GM who was hosting it had gotten several people interested, and it started off okay.

A few one liners here and there about somebody waking up and screaming or crying or something. Zoroark was just confused. Being a mature Pokemon, he went off to look around instead of yelling for ma. People were starting to explore, when the GM's character came up. The ghost of the mansion, supposedly. An angry one at that too. It was a Gallade with a big scary scythe who liked blood blood blood blood blood murder murder murder. This Gallade killed off four characters at once. That's when people started complaining. The GM simply brushed them off though.

"its 4 the plot" they say.

Then he reaches Zoroark. He went and told me that Zoroark got sliced in half, but then I put my foot down and told them no, Zoroark didn't die. It went back and forth, back and forth between "he died!" and "he didn't!" until an unexpected thing happened. The GM was then confronted out of the blue by a guy, let's call him, "Yellow". Yellow was pissed because the GM had stolen his RP idea. The other roleplayers and I were silenced as Yellow practically kicked the GM in the arse (mentally, of course). The GM threw a tantrum, posted tons of times that "I didn't steal!!!" and tried to get people to defend him. He did, but Yellow had back up. And there it turned to become a great war.

Not the best GM, but not the worst either. But it's a very vivid memory of mine.

I used to do a lot of RPing on another site, and there was this one RPer who was such an incredible jackass that I actually got to know a small group of people over our mutual hatred for him. He always played a couple who would pretty much ignore everything else in favour of smooching each other in a corner, and he had a habit of twisting the GM's lore in ridiculous ways to suit his own fantasies because "that's how [he] interpreted it". Eventually I just started avoiding RPs he was in (which was actually moderately difficult because the community was so small), so this isn't a personal story, but I heard plenty about it from the people who joined.

He started this one RP, I forget what it was about now, but it was some kind of generic fantasy premise. Another RPer sent in a character who was pretty much just a regular human. Asshole guy really liked this RPer, so he started projecting that onto the character, and as they talked about it in chat he got more and more excited about it until he just decided that this character was the reincarnation of one of the deities of his universe. He posted giant chunks of story and dialogue about this idea despite the other RPer's protests, massively rewriting the backstory in her character sheet, and eventually worked it into the plot of the RP. She stopped posting and the entire thread pretty much ground to a halt.

Later he started another RP where the character slots were fairly open-ended titles that people could interpret for their own, but privately revealed in chat that he actually had come up with detailed personalities and backstories for each one, including their relationships and interactions. We used this as an opportunity to ask him why he roleplayed instead of just writing stories. He responded that if he put his characters out there, other people might force their own headcanons onto them, and he didn't want that. I'm astounded by his lack of self-awareness to this day.

Last edited by a moderator:
octopi said:
I used to do a lot of RPing on another site, and there was this one RPer who was such an incredible jackass that I actually got to know a small group of people over our mutual hatred for him. He always played a couple who would pretty much ignore everything else in favour of smooching each other in a corner, and he had a habit of twisting the GM's lore in ridiculous ways to suit his own fantasies because "that's how [he] interpreted it". Eventually I just started avoiding RPs he was in (which was actually moderately difficult because the community was so small), so this isn't a personal story, but I heard plenty about it from the people who joined.
He started this one RP, I forget what it was about now, but it was some kind of generic fantasy premise. Another RPer sent in a character who was pretty much just a regular human. Asshole guy really liked this RPer, so he started projecting that onto the character, and as they talked about it in chat he got more and more excited about it until he just decided that this character was the reincarnation of one of the deities of his universe. He posted giant chunks of story and dialogue about this idea despite the other RPer's protests, massively rewriting the backstory in her character sheet, and eventually worked it into the plot of the RP. She stopped posting and the entire thread pretty much ground to a halt.

Later he started another RP where the character slots were fairly open-ended titles that people could interpret for their own, but privately revealed in chat that he actually had come up with detailed personalities and backstories for each one, including their relationships and interactions. We used this as an opportunity to ask him why he roleplayed instead of just writing stories. He responded that if he put his characters out there, other people might force their own headcanons onto them, and he didn't want that. I'm astounded by his lack of self-awareness to this day.
Ouch.

That's a real stupid guy. I presume he's still making similar RPs?

Elephantom said:
Ouch.
That's a real stupid guy. I presume he's still making similar RPs?
He's less active these days, thankfully, but he still comes up with one of these things once in a while. Most of the people who join them now know he's awful and it won't go anywhere, but do it anyway because they think he's hilarious.

Last I saw of him, he was shoving some kind of nightmare monster horror subplot in someone else's RP about elemental users in high school.

Whoa, it's been revived!

Anyway, here's one of my most recent experience. I'm actually too fed-up with said person to even bother typing paragraphs about them, thankfully.

So it started off a year ago, this RP. Things were going well until 3 months later. The GM actually stopped talking to us and basically, though not directly, granted us full reign of the RP. The GM had moved to another site, a forum RPing site and ditched the rest of us in the GM's world, without any bloody guidance. Now, the RP was a chat RP, so it was super fast paced. What the GM had decided to do, was to completely neglect the RP they had created in favour of something else. At this point, it was as clear as day that the GM didn't care about the RP they created, nor how much progress we've all achieved during the 3 months spent together. Now, as if that wasn't a big enough, "fuck you" to the RPers, the GM actually popped in once to check on what we were doing. Take a guess as to what they did.

The GM stuck their nose so high up into the sky and commented how they could post an " easy " 1k words post. Now keep in mind, the GM had actually claimed that they didn't like forum RPers as they were seen as "elitists". The GM had spent so much time away from their RP, they actually forgot that it was a bloody CHAT RP. Their RPing skills weren't phenomenal, doubly even reaching average. So of course, such idiocy did not go unnoticed by us and therefore, we bashed the shit out of the GM. Surprise Surprise, down the road, we actually got the GM back to at least finish the RP since they still claimed that they cared, despite not doing any shit for another 4 months. However, that didn't last long. The GM went back to their ways, and I got pissed as hell. I was a rather passive person, opting to wait for nature to take its course. This GM actually pissed me off so much that I decided to confront said person and pick at every single flaw that the GM possessed.

The GM responded with the most impassive "apology essay" and proceeded to do random shit that had already been done for 2 weeks, before disappearing once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back