• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Honolulu's Home for Displaced Youth. (Open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Joseph
Paige
Happy/Excited
https:///www.Joseph-Paige.com/Honolulu-Home
Joey saw Thomas grow more uncomfortable as he showed up. Making his heart sink a little. Whats up with this kid? He thought to himself before seeing the boy then becoming a bit embarrassed. Okay that kinda worked. “ yeah I figured i would probably end up out there since its so nice but have to scope things out before i get in probably just sit on the edge if there are to many people dont wanna get to worked up ya know? “ he said with sortta a knowing tap of the heart monitor under his shirt. “ not exactly a good idea to take this thing off to get in the pool then get hyper rough housing and what not.”

Joey then looked over at Thomas “ your welcome to join us... or you can sit and stew in you lonesome seems like thats what you prefer anyways?” Saying the last part with a questioning canter to his speech wondering if he was right about the boy’s preference to being alone.
coded by reveriee.

Thomas shifted awkwardly in his seat as the two kids talked near him. He kept that nervous yet iron tight grasp on his hockey stick with both of his hands. He looked down at his stick.

When Joesph offered for Thomas to join him, he looked up. The young boy thought the offer over for a while until he finally spoke. "Y- yea I'll join you guys in a bit," he said, "just gonna finish up practicing over here..." Truthfully, Thomas didn't even know if he was actually planning on joining the two in the pool. He wondered if he should keep true to his word or lie like he had originally intended. He figured he'd practice his shot a bit more then decide if he wanted to join them in the pool later. It was hot and he was getting very sweaty, so a dip in the pool sounded nice right about now. Thomas couldn't help but be a bit nervous though, as he had trouble talking to and bonding with new people.

Elpis smiled. "That would be great!" She rocked back on her heels. "I'm gonna need to go inside to change though, be right back!" Elpis ran off before anyone else could speak. Going into the building, up the stairs, and into her room. She grabbed her swimsuit, a black one-piece that contrasted with her paper-white skin. She grabbed her sunscreen and quickly reapplied. She sighed at her flushed face and put a long jacket over her swimsuit. Putting on her flip-flops and grabbed her towel.

scroll
Jane

interactions

tags

feeling: optimistic, slightly nervous
Jane awoke from her bed to a knock on her door that she thought only existed in the dream she was having. It wasn't much, but all she could remember was lots of snow surrounding her. She was looking back and forth from her own house, that which seemed so far away now, and what was in front of her. She couldn't quite remember what was in front of her now that she was dwelling on it. knock knock knock. "Oh right.." She jolts off her bed, throwing a white button up on messily to decent herself before opening the door. "I'm so sorry I-I must have slept in.." The hall person smiles and tells her she should explore today. Explore she would. She slips into a silk dress, her favorite frilly ankle socks imported from Japan and fumbles around trying to multi-task putting on her brown maryjanes, simultaneously looking for her room keys. She stuffs the keys in her Dalmatian stuffed-animal backpack and a pack of Russian smokes -- just in case. Looking in her bag at the mess she keeps it makes her momentarily disappointed. Jane lets out a sigh and decides there's no more time for dilly-dally. Opening the door, she heads out.

Hawaii was so different from where she was raised -- quite the opposite actually. Jane had traded the cold and dismissive Sosnovo city for the bright and cheery Honolulu. With that thought came a big grin, "I love it." She whispers to herself. Her attention now is turned towards the court area not too far from the home and noticed a small crowd of people. "Hello. Hi I'm Jane.." She says quietly to herself trying to imitate the American accents she had heard on TV whilst covering up her own, very blatantly Russian accent. Something about her heritage made her want to cover it all up even though she knew deep down no matter where she ran away it would always be apart of her. She starts walking towards them, but stops and turns her head to a bench far adjacent instead. Jane always felt her awkwardness get the best of her when meeting new people and all she could think of were the kids in Russia always telling her it was much easier to like her quiet. This inner turmoil needs to stop. You can't hinder yourself forever. A new place, and nobody knows you here.

But that was just it. Would anyone even want to? And why? Oh stop it! Before she knew it she had tripped right in front of the group, her backpack thrown right in the middle of them. Oh you've done it now........ "I'm so so sorry, I didn't mean to!"--Her voice a bit frantic and very much Russian sounding in contrast to what she had been practicing. She leans over, flushed with embarrassment, to start collecting all of the random things that had fallen out, a yoyo, a couple books, a box of jolly ranchers, paint pens and more -- already dwelling on the fact that she already revealed her origin and made such a terrible first impression.

♡coded by uxie♡

(( sorry for the long first post, they won't all be like this I swear

Last edited:
Thomas, who was simply sitting on a chair on the basketball, holding his hockey stick in hand, had seen an unfamiliar girl come out on to the court. It seemed she was trying to introduce herself but Thomas was distracted by the fact that the girl had tripped. The boy was surprised as the girl tripped, and he couldn't help but feel bad for her. When she spoke, there was a hint of an unfamiliar accent in her voice. Thomas could have sworn he had heard the accent before, maybe it was from one of the many interviews with hockey players he had watched on the TV back at home.

The. boy cocked his head to one side in concern and confusion. He wondered not only who this girl was, but if she was ok. Thomas did something he had never done before: he spoke to a new person first. "A- are you ok?" Thomas shouted timidly from his seat, leaning forward a bit. The kind and compassionate side of the boy had overpowered his shyness, but he soon regretted saying something, being such a shy boy.

scroll
Jane

interactions

tags

feeling: mildly flustered

Jane looks up, meeting the boys eyes with her green ones, "Wow.." she says seemingly on accident. Suddenly a small grin appears on her face. "Yes." she says, "I am just a little nervous, I guess." She looks back down, finishing her clean-up and zipping up her backpack then stands up straight still looking at the boy seated on the court chair. "I'm Jane. I'm new here." As she utters the last word of the sentence, she looks around at everyone in the group -- the grin on her face still adamant.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

outfit visuals:
s-l1600.jpg

728378e5cbf0be8a5d54d965d4e689e9.jpg

b3ea454c8059de11c12b036b7afc9f54.jpg
d6e5a33f1d22f95917f24cdd7559149e.jpg

♡coded by uxie♡

Thomas gulped a bit nervously. He was not really goods with social interactions. "T- Thomas," he said nervously, "I'm Thomas..." Thomas just stared at her blankly, his eyes wide, seemingly frozen in place. He felt pretty awkward.

scroll
Jane

interactions

tags

feeling: happy, mildly flustered

Jane was beaming watching Thomas introduce himself, "Ohh, Thomas.. Lovely." She said very pleased that it seemed this boy was really nice. "Hockey stick! Wow. Are you a hockey player?" she grinned again. She definitely had never played ice hockey before, but in Russia it was the national sport so she had seen it often and known of children who participated.

♡coded by uxie♡

Thomas looked at her, "Yea" he replied, "I play hockey, I'm really into it," he said. He clutched the hockey stick in his hand. He could hear a slight accent in the girl's voice and wondered where it was from. He again could have sworn that he had heard the accent once before in interviews with NHL players he had watched on the TV.

scroll
Jane

interactions

tags

feeling: happy

Jane's face twisted in cute way, "Pretty strange place to live as a hockey player don't you think." she chuckles softly. "I'm an ice skater, I was hoping that there would be at least one ice rink in the area so I could skate a bit, but I'm not sure how to find out.." She clutches her backpack straps, then turns to the others, "What about you guys? What are your names?"

♡coded by uxie♡

Thomas cracked a little smile, "Y- yea. I actually grew up near Denver, Colorado though... it was much colder there than here." He sighed, "And yea I was hoping there would be a rink somewhere so I could at least practice or play ice hockey, but I don't know if there is here in Hawaii..." He frowned a bit.

scroll
Jane

interactions

tags

Jane noticed his smile which constituted her face to only look more excited about it. Not much made Jane happier than seeing people smile even just a little. "Thomas.. from Denver.." she softly says - with an emphasis on the syllable 'Tuh' instead of "Tawh', "Well! Maybe we'll both get lucky and stumble across one." She tilts her head slightly - a random habit of hers that visibly translated her happiness. "If we ever do, I'd love to skate with you." she blurts. Jane's cheeks turn slightly rosy, "I mean, if you wouldn't mind. I won't bother you if you're practicing of course." Nothing annoyed her more than being unsure of boundaries in a conversation - especially around new people. She hoped he wouldn't feel like she was smothering him with her companionship.

♡coded by uxie♡

"Y- yea, Denver," he said nodding his head. He blushed as she suggested they find and ice rink and skate together. "S- sure, n- not at all," the boy said not wanting to be rude. Not only was he trying to be polite, but he didn't think he would mind the company on the ice as he shot some pucks into the net. He fiddled around with the hockey stick awkwardly, hoping he wasn't making a fool of himself. "I hope we find a rink somewhere."

scroll
Jane

interactions

tags

"Same here." she exhales, "Well... do you have any plans for the rest of today?" She chewed on her lip for a split second, "It's such a pretty day out--I really hate how late I tend to wake up."

♡coded by uxie♡

The boy just simply shrugged his shoulders. He really hadn't thought of doing anything else today and hadn't really planned out the day. The question made him ponder a bit. "I dunno," said Thomas casually, "haven't really thought about that to be honest." He looked around awkwardly for a bit, wondering what he should do the rest of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back