• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Honolulu's Home for Displaced Youth. (Open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Thatrpguy22

def43811f5a3b76ee53b05a2e25f5fbf.jpg

Welcome!!
Welcome to Honolulu's Home for Displaced Youth. We are excited to have you! We know you didn't ask for any of this but for one reason or another you need somewhere to go.
You need a roof over your head, clothes on your back, food in your stomach, and all the love and support you can get. We are more than happy to provide you with all of those things and more. During your stay here we want you to feel welcome and supported. Never hesitate to talk to a member of our staff about any issues you may be having.

We know you are going through a hard time right now, But just know this is not the end of your story this is but a rest stop and we will do everything in our power to make sure when you leave here that you are ready to continue your story and be the best version of you possible. We hope you will learn to enjoy your time with us and know that you will forge friendships and bonds that can last the rest of your lives.

Sincerely
Director Dr. Paul North

Hello all this Rp will be following the lives of foster kids within a group home in Honolulu Hawaii. Someone had said something in another thread of mine that made me think of it so I decided to put together an interest check for it. I do intend to have some Gm'd story moments to help keep things progressing. That being said I don't necessarily want to be the only one coming up with those moments as I would like to collaborate with the other players to come up with different story Ideas. I would like us all to have a stake in where this game goes, so everyone can get things they want out of the game.

[It was a bright and sunny morning for Honolulu as the kids of the home began to stir and begin their last week of freedom before school would beckon them away from their summer vacation. It was just past seven as the house came alive and the smell of wonderful food began to fill the house. As is usual during summer the staff had cooked up quite the assortment to satisfy any dietary needs or preferences. Today was not just any Monday though. Tonight was the night of a big end of summer party on the beach hosted by many organizations for all the teens getting ready for the coming school year and the kids of the home were pretty much forced to attend as the homes director was a sponsor of the event. I was sure to be a lot of fun for those outgoing kids who love being around others but surly a nightmare for the more Introverted type.]

Joseph
Paige
Happy/Excited
https:///www.Joseph-Paige.com/Honolulu-Home

The morning took Joseph by surprise as he woke to the sound of his hear monitor beeping loudly to notify him of his hearts rising rate. With a audible sigh he continued laying there in his bed for a few moments to take stock of how his body was reacting to the situation and to slow the rhythm. As the beeping stopped he slowly sat up placing his feet on the ground not feeling any dizziness or other signs of issues he assigned the elevated heart rate to his teenage body being its normal self. "fuck I hate hormones'." he muttered quietly to himself before starting his morning routine.

After a quick shower and throwing on some clothes Joey could no longer resist the alluring smell of breakfast that had spread through the house though he could smell hints of the greasy bacon, sausage, and a few other Items that made his stomach churn a bit he was still amped for whatever food he could partake in. He made his way through the house and to the dining room to witness the spread placed on the table. Rubbing his hands together and licking his lips he grabbed a plate. Having checked his levels after his shower like he did every morning Joey was ecstatic to see that he would be able to have at least something sugary this morning he piled his plate high with many different food items he knew he could have after placing the tower of food at his place on the table he headed back over to where the sweets were carefully surveying the selection before selecting a large chocolate covered doughnut he put it on a plate cutting it in half to offer to somebody else when they arrived then headed back to his seat and begun digging in to the now leaning tower.
coded by reveriee.

Last edited:
The sun shined brightly through the windows of Thomas' room, illuminating the interior completely. The bright light woke the sleeping 15 year old up as he sat up, yawned, and stretched his arms high above his head. It was yet another day in this home that he had arrived in just a few days prior. The boy rubbed his eyes and blinked as he looked around his room, his new room that he had been staying in for a couple of days. The brown haired boy yawned as he finally put both of his bear feet on the ground and got up out of his bed. The boy took a look at himself in the mirror on his night stand. "Jeez," he muttered softly under his breath, "what a mess," he said referring to the bed head he had noticed.

The young boy grabbed a pair of clothes and a towel and walked through the halls to the bathroom to get himself ready and all cleaned up for breakfast. After taking a nice shower and combing his hair to its neat natural look, the boy slipped on a pair of black athletic shorts and a simple maroon t-shirt. The smell of breakfast filled the air. The aroma reminded Thomas of his hunger as he felt his stomach growl. The boy followed his nose downstairs to the dining hall where breakfast was being served, looking forward to eating and getting some food into his body.

"Fuck," the boy thought to himself as he remembered something. Tonight was the night of the big end of summer party. This meant lots of people and lots of social interaction. Thomas hated parties and just general social interactions. He sighed sadly as he went and got himself a plate of pancakes which he smothered with some syrup. He sat down in a seat secluded in the corner of the dining hall alone, preferring to keep to himself. The young boy licked his lips as he began digging into his meal.

Joseph
Paige
Happy/Excited

Joey surveyed the room as others from the house began filtering in for breakfast, some ready for the day others looking as if they just rolled out of bed, they probably had. Then Joey noticed a face he didn't really recognize having been gone the last couple of days since early in the morning to late at night dealing with a some doctors appointments he had his usual monthly checkup but then had several others on top of it. It seemed as though in his absence the home gained a new resident one he didn't know and that simply wouldn't do.

Joey stood up from his usual place in the hall grabbing both of his plates he focused his eyes on where the new kid had sat. Weaving his way through the groggy and hungry crowd of teens Joey made hi way over plopping his plates in the spot across from the new kid. moments later plopping himself in his chair. Than began stuffing his face yet again in-between bites he pushed the plate with the cut in half donut in the boy's direction. " Want half?" he looked up at the boy as he spoke waiting a moment for an answer before returning to the food on his plate. " I can't eat all of it." he added after another bite.
coded by reveriee.

Thomas began eating his meal on his own, alone and quietly. He quite enjoyed it as pancakes with syrup was a favorite meal of his.

The boy's eyes widened as he heard a voice and looked up to see someone he had never seen before. He raised an eyebrow up above the other in confusion, eyes still wide. Thomas struggled to speak, "I uhh..." he swallowed some of his food, "N- no... I- I'm good... thanks...." he said softly looking down and away from the boy as he continued eating his meal, hoping that maybe the boy would get the hint and go find someone else to sit with. Thomas' slow and small bites were contrasted with Joesph's fast and sloppy eating.

Joseph
Paige
Happy/Excited

Joseph couldn't help but smile at the boys nervous answer. Not realizing the boy just didn't want to talk with him Joey Pushed on. " sooo... you must be new here? Haven't seen you before." Joey took another bite of food before adding "oh I'm Joseph... but my friends call me Joey nice to meet you" he extended his hand to Thomas. As another boy walked past he called out to Joey " hey yo Jo that half still up for grabs?" Joey pushed the plate in the boys direction. "Sure is he doesn't want it and I dont think I want to take the chance of going back to the hospital today. Got enough of that place the last few for sure." He joked with the teen his accent making a full appearance the longer he spoke as he took the other half of the donut and continued on his way.

Joey Hadn't realized how little he had really eaten the last couple of days basically the bare minimum he needed to stay healthy. all the tests and such made it hard for him to really eat but as he dove further into his plate his hunger became very apparent.
coded by reveriee.

"Y- yea, j- just moved in," he said timidly as he continued eating, looking down at his plate.

Thomas looked up from his food and swallowed the remaining food he had in his mouth the boy sitting in front of him extended out a friendly hand. He nervously sat there as the other boy talked to Joey for a second. Thomas felt like an alien on a different planet, not knowing anyone having just moved in a few days ago. Thomas wondered what the boy had meant when he had made the joke about the hospital, as he did not yet know of Joesph's condition.

"I- I'm Thomas," the boy nervously stuttered after some time went by. Thomas continued eating some more of his pancakes.

Joseph
Paige
Happy/Excited

Joey chuckled "dude loosen up... I'm not gonna hurt ya or anything." Having finally finished his main plate Joey slid it aside before moving the half donut directly in front of him. He licked his lips as he prepared to eat his sweet treat looking up at Thomas he Realized he was eating pancakes with what looked like a considerable about of syrup smothering them. The thought soon came to mind that he had never tried syrup all he knew was it was very sweet.

Joey scratched the back of his head asking "hey...this might seem like a weird question but what does syrup taste like? I've never had it before" Joey felt dumb for asking such a question but he was truly curious. Not enough to give up his donut to try it but still curious. Joey then retuned to his donut while he awaited a response. He bit into the donut closing his eyes to savor the taste. It wasn't like he never had sweets but he learned to savor it every time.
coded by reveriee.

Thomas' eyes widened as he just stared back at Joey awkwardly without saying anything.

Thomas continued eating his meal and looked down at his plate. Maybe this boy would buzz off and leave him. alone, he thought. But he was wrong.

Thomas looked up at him when he asked the question, looking at Joesph like he had 4 heads. "S- syrup?" he asked. He couldn't believe Joey had never tasted syrup before. Thomas considered it a delicacy on his pancakes. Thomas thought for a while, "Tastes uhh.... sweet," he told him as he took another small bite of his food.

Joseph
Paige
Happy/Excited

Joey looked at the Thomas as he answered carefully observing his expressions. Yeah he thinks i’m an idiot for asking. He thought as he shook his head annoyed with himself. He then came to another realization. “ you dont want to talk to me.” This statement was just that a statement Joey realized he was right and there wasn’t a doubt in his mind he looked down at his plate clearly annoyed with him not noticing sooner how uncomfortable his presence was making the new kid.

“Ya could have just said something and i would have left you alone... just thought i would try making you feel welcome I remember what its like to be new” he stated plainly not upset in any way just making his intentions known “well if you ever do want to talk come find me” he added with a grin as he prepared to leave Thomas in peace.
coded by reveriee.

Elpis had woken up early today, her hair messy and tangled. She got up immediately went to the bathroom, standing in front of the mirror she grabbed her purple hairbrush and started to handle it. It took about thirty minutes of tangling with her tangles. Once it was satisfactory, she went to her closet and grabbed her black dress and shoes. She slipped it on and sat at her desk, grabbing her sketchbook, she decided to draw some mythical creatures. Lost in her art, she suddenly smelt a delicious smell. Her nose guided her to the dining hall

She quickly walked down the hallway. Her black dress flowed behind her as she put her long white hair into a ponytail. "Smells good in here." she said stopping in the doorway. She looked at who was there. she slightly smiled and grabbed herself a plate of pancakes and poured an absurd amount of syrup on it. She grabbed her fork and cut each pancake into fourths and brought it to her mouth.

Joseph
Paige
Happy/Excited

Joey looked at the Thomas as he answered carefully observing his expressions. Yeah he thinks i’m an idiot for asking. He thought as he shook his head annoyed with himself. He then came to another realization. “ you dont want to talk to me.” This statement was just that a statement Joey realized he was right and there wasn’t a doubt in his mind he looked down at his plate clearly annoyed with him not noticing sooner how uncomfortable his presence was making the new kid.

“Ya could have just said something and i would have left you alone... just thought i would try making you feel welcome I remember what its like to be new” he stated plainly not upset in any way just making his intentions known “well if you ever do want to talk come find me” he added with a grin as he prepared to leave Thomas in peace.
coded by reveriee.
Thomas looked up surprised. He was too frozen and speechless to answer. Yes, part of him was glad to have the unwanted visitor leave him in peace, but the other part of him couldn't help but feel bad for the kid. Maybe he was being a jerk. Well it was too late anyways, Thomas had no time to respond or think on it as Joey left him in peace. Yes maybe it was what Thomas wanted, but he couldn't help but have a sinking feeling. He decided to brush it off, being the lone wolf that he was, and finished eating his breakfast.

Elpis looked across the table at the boy quickly eating his food. She gave a slight nod and went back to eating, looking over her sketchbook, drawings of monsters, mermaids, animals, and people. She had drawn ever since she was a child, it was her passion. She got up and grabbed a glass of milk. She sat back down and ate very quickly, she wanted to get back to her room before the sun got too bright. She didn't like the sun, it made her paper white skin go an ugly shade of pink.

The young boy just looked down at his plate as he finished, making sure no eye contact was made with any of the many kids around his vicinity. His goal was to finish eating as quickly as possible. Maybe he could go outside and play some sports alone to clear his mind. HE was still nervous, this being one of his first days in the home.

He tried not to dwell too much on his earlier encounter with Joesph. Maybe he wouldn't veer have to see him again, he thought, knowing that was probably impossible. Either way, Thomas finished his meal and went to put his plates away for the staff to wash.

Elpis finished her food just as the sun started getting annoying. "No no no no" she muttered to herself the got up and put her plate and cup away. She scouted out for a place away from the sun where she can sit. She didn't feel like going up to her room anymore. Her pale eyes stopped on a little space in the area next to the dining room. It had a couch, a bookshelf, and a fireplace. This was her favorite place to hide from the rest of the world. She walked over and sat down on the squishy couch. She sighed in contentment. "Great" she mumbled to herself.

Thomas placed his plates away for cleaning and cautiously looked around the dining hall making sure no one was looking at him or following him. Once the coast was clear in his eyes, he slipped out of the room quietly.

The brown haired boy went up to his room quickly, went in and closed the door shut behind him quietly. A mostly successful breakfast, he thought to himself. It was a nice sunny day outside he saw as he slowly walked over to his window and looked down at the courtyard. He figured he'd grab his goal post, a stick and a puck, and go outside down on the concrete basketball court and shoot some pucks into the net since no one was using the court this early. The boy loved being outside, but usually he was used to being outside in the cold. This new hot weather was a big change for him.

The boy grabbed his small little hockey goal post, a stick, and a puck quickly exited his room. He made his way downstairs and to the back door so he could get out and go to the courtyard where the basketball court was.

Elpis sighed and grabbed her sketchbook and her favorite pencil. She decided she would draw a siren, those were her favorite to draw. The sound of her pencil dragging against the rough paper filled the room. Suddenly, all of her senses heightened, she could hear the crackling of the fireplace, feel the couch against her legs, smell the delicious scent of pancakes, and the sight of her creation come to life. She imagined it like a scene from Frankenstein "It's alive, it's alive!" she thought to herself chuckling. She looked at her drawing, still in progress. She smiled to herself, this will end up a great drawing.

The coast was clear, the boy slipped out of the home and into the back area. He dragged along his equipment onto the basketball court. He double checked that no one had followed him, and once he saw that the coast was clear, he went to one end of the court and set up his goal posts. He then went to about half court and started working on his shot, shooting pucks into the net, going to fish them out from the net, and then going back to half court and shooting the puck again. He kept repeating this process.

Elpis looked out the window, she decided unruly pink skin was worth it, it was a really beautiful day outside. She got up and walked out the door and turned her face up to the sun. She took out a bottle of sunscreen, she will definitely need it today. She sat on the ground and rubbed it onto her arms, legs, and face. She got up and sighed. "It's so nice out here" she muttered to herself. She started walking randomly around, looking for something to do.

The boy wiped a bead of sweat off of his forehead. "Man it's hot out here," he thought to himself. The boy kept shooting pucks into the net, some going in, some clanging loudly off the goal post. The boy cleared his mind of all his stressful thoughts as he continued shooting outside alone, glad no one was there to disturb him and that he could be left to his own thoughts. It was a beautiful sunny day, but quiet and peaceful, just the way Thomas liked.

Elpis found a bench and sat down on it. The hot sun beating down on her. She leaned back and looked out across the landscape. Her pale eyes swept across the land. "It's so pretty." she thought to herself. It was here that she finally understood the difference between silence and quiet.

Thomas began to sweat a bit more, continuously exerting himself physically out in the hot sun. He felt his mouth go dry. He was beginning to get thirsty. The boy panted as he put down his hockey stick on the ground and went inside to get himself a cold glass of water.

The boy went to the dining hall, grabbed himself a cup, filled it with ice and went to a dispenser to pour himself some cold water to take back outside with him.

Elpis sighed and closed her eyes. Basking in the warmth and light. She took deep breaths before opening her sketchbook and flipping to her newest drawing. She needed to make some adjustments to it before it was perfect. She took another glance across the land and buried her head in her sketchbook. She loved getting lost in her art.

The boy went outside, walking fairly slowly as to not spill any of his water, which he had filled to the top so he wouldn't have to keeping going in and outside to refill his water. He found a small table to set his glass of water down on. He took a sip before placing it down on the table. He shielded his eyes and looked up at the soon. "Jeez, hot one today," he said to himself in his head.

The boy walked back into the middle of the empty basketball court and pick up his stick. It was a bit warm to the touch as he had left it out in the blistering heat on the concrete for a little while. He clutched it in his hands for a little while, waiting for himself to become adjusted to its warm touch. He then got back to work, and fished his puck he had left in the net out, and placed it right in the middle of the basketball court. He then continued with his shooting, shooting one in after another, most making their way into the net, a few ringing off the post loudly. The boy was in his happy place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back