• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Home is where the heart is

The next morning, Ryan was the last to wake up and when the doctors came in to check on Brett, she moved out of the bed but held his hand. She stayed quiet because she knew it was hard for him to breathe. She just stayed there with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brett honestly didn't want anyone to see him like this but he knew his wife wasn't going to leave. Really, all he wanted to do was sleep so he wouldn't feel the aching from everything that was broken and he had become aware of the stitches in the back of his heads he probably looked like s hot mess.

"Sleep love. You'll be okay." Ryan whispered with a smiled as she kissed his cheek then got up because work needed her. She gave his hand one last squeeze before walking out to go work. She should check on Bentley tonight too.

Things were looking up for Brett until he started vouching up blood. Because IG how bad things are getting they had to preform surgery to clear his chest cavity and putting him on oxygen since breathing was a difficult task.

Ryan wasn't notified of this until the day after at work. She sighed and walked into his room and smiled at the sight of him sleeping. She sat there and just watched her husband sleep. This didn't deserve to happen. She held his hand tight and rested her head on the side of his bed as she too began to fall asleep.

Lia found the two and sighed with a shake of her head before she covered Ryan with a blanket. She hoped for after everything Ryan had been through on these last couple days Brett would pull through because it only looked like things were getting worse for him.

Ryan couldn't afford to lose her husband. She wasn't going to last if she did. While in her sleep, she tried her hardest to get Levi to show up. She wanted to talk to him. She was bracing herself incase she lost Brett.

The next day Lisa didn't allow her to come to work. She needed to spend some time with her children. They needed their mother more tan Eve right now, Bentley looked up to Brett and Matthew didn't know what was going on grandma just told him his daddy was sick. While they were out at linch Matt looked up to his mom with curious eyes. "Mommy, when is daddy coming home?"

Ryan smiled softly at her youngest and held his hand tight. "I'm not sure love but hopefully soon." She whispered and then looked at Bentley who barely touched his food. "Bentley, my love eat some of your food. I don't want you to get sick." She whispered and watched Bentley sigh and eat barley anything. Ryan smiled and then watched her kids slowly eat.

In a few days following Brett slowly began to gain control of his own breathing but he still felt completely out of it. The days seemed to pass rather quickly when all he had done was sleep. For the first time since he woke from his fall he was showing signs of improvement and it lifted everyone's spirits since they had sympathy for Ryan it was hard enough to lose one husband, it must have been more than hell to have to live with the possibility of losing another.

Ryan hated the look of sympathy everyone gave her. She knew living knowing she may have to lose yet another husband was hell but she had to stay strong for their kids. Ryan hadn't stopped by to see her husband because she was trying to keep herself occupied. When she went in, she smiled at her husband. "Hey there." She whispered but told him not to talk.

If anyone felt horrible for seeing Ryan go through this it was Brett. He saw what it had done to her the first time and he hated seeing her out on s strong face for the kids when he knew she just wanted to cry. He was really trying with all his strength to make it through this m. When he saw her he smiled and took her hand in his own.

Ryan smiled when he took her hand in his and she smiled softly. "I love you." She whispered and kissed his hand then yawned. She was exhausted and now that she was with Brett, she broke down and cried. She had been holding it in for so long through all of this. He was the only one she could break with.

Brett looked at her with hurt in his eyes and held out his one good arm and took her into a half hug. He kissed her cheek and wiped away her tears with a smile. "I love you." He whispers.

"I love you too." Ryan whispered as she sighed and then looked at Brett with hurt in her eyes. "I love you Brett. You know I'll be okay if you can't make it out of this." She whispered.

"Oh stop it, I'll be just fine." He was already starting to feel on the upside. He was needed herds and he knew that, he needed to be here for his wife and kids, especially for Bentley who had already suffered enough loss for as young as he was.

Ryan nodded and sighed softly but never left his side. She stayed with him all day and at night, she slept on the couch. To her surprise, Bella brought Bentley and he ran over the minute he saw Brett awake. Tears were in his eyes. "Daddy." He said as he cried.

Brett smiled at Bentley and held him close once he climbed gently into the bed. "Shhh, everything's alright." His father reassured him and ran his fingers through his hair.

Bentley continued to cry and eventually fell asleep in his fathers arms. He was so scared he was going to lose Brett too.

Brett held Bentley close even after he fell asleep. It was starting to sink in that he wasn't supposed to make it out of this and he wasn't supposed to be holding their oldest son but he wasn't going anywhere. He refused to let Stella win twice.

Ryan stayed asleep in the chair and stayed asleep all night. When morning fell, Bentley was the first to be awake with his father before he left for school. When Ryan woke up, she saw her husband looking at her. "Hello handsome." She whispered with a smile.

Brett smiled when hi wife noticed him looking at her and nodded. "Morning." He whispers, the color slowly replenishing in his face. The soreness now set in his bones and wasn't going to away but all that mattered to Brett was that he was still here. He just wanted to get well enough to go home and sleep in his own bed and as it began to set in for him what happened he refused to believe he allowed such a coward to cause him this much physical harm. "How are you?"

"I've had better days." Ryan whispered as she looked at Brett and smiled softly. "I love you Brett Adams." She whispered as her eyes never left her husbands. She was so lucky to still have Brett here with her. He shouldn't have survived.

"I'm sorry love." Her husband says in a whisper as he looked up to the ceiling and back at her again. "Things will be better soon." The next day Brett laughed when his wife walked in snd became protective over him as he winced when the doctor had him sit up. "It's alright love." He says. No matter who attempted to move him it would still hurt.

Ryan sighed as she looked at her husband and nodded. She laid on the couch and slowly began to fall asleep. The doctor looked at Ryan then at Brett and smiled. "You got the perfect girl to be your wife. She's strong you know." He said as she remembered how strong Ryan was during the critical condition of her husband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back