• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Home is where the heart is

isax

Ten Thousand Club
Ryan sighed as she sat in the passenger seat of her uncles truck. She hated this. Sure she got in a fight on the last day of school, it didn't mean she needed to be sent to the country for the summer with her uncle. She sighed and upon arriving at his mechanic shop in the small town, she got out and slammed the door.

"Now Ryan. Don't frown. Ain't nothin wrong with the country." Her uncle Mike said and she rolled her eyes. She wore jeans, a tank top and converse. "Mind helpin with this car?" He asked and Ryan sighed as she shook her head. "You must be stupid if you think I'm touching that filthy ole car." Ryan said and her uncle laughed and shook his head. "Ya used to. I shoulda never let your mother take ya to the city." He said and Ryan rolled her eyes as she walked away. She needed to breathe. She wasn't enjoying this.

@Lexxy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple of hours later Levi came running through the door after finishing his morning chores he team up the stairs to finish clearing his room for the sudden fury. He didn't mind it though, the loft would be s fine place to stay and whoever it was he wanted them to be comfortable. When he finished he didn't bother changing, his boots dusty and his shirt somewhat stained with dirt from the hay barrels he smiled when his mother came out of the kitchen as he headed for the door. "You be nice to that girl now, you're her first impression of us don't ya dare make a dagum fool of yourself."

"Mama don't worry, I'll be a nice gentleman as promised but you know how them city folk get." He replies teasingly with a wink as his mother shook her head he headed towards the truck to pick up the visitor.

"So why can't I just stay at your house again?" Ryan asked and her uncle sighed. "No Ryan, my shop is my home. You can stay if ya like but Levis mama has a nice house that she offered to let you stay in." He said and Ryan sighed as she sat in the stool and watched her uncle. She noticed him doing something wrong and she had the urge to go and do it for him but she was a city girl and city girls don't get dirty.

When she heard the truck pull up, she sighed and looked up as she saw Levi walk out. She couldn't believe how messy he looked. "Can't find a better shirt to wear or what." She said and Mike hit her arm playfully. "Now now Ryan. Be nice. This is Levi, Shellys son." He said and Ryan just rolled her eyes. "Good to know. Can I leave back to the city now?" She asked and then screamed when she felt a bug land on her. Her uncle couldn't help but burst out laughing. "What did that mother of yours do to ya." He said and Ryan crossed her arms over her chest. She wanted to go back home where she belonged.

Levi hid his laughter with a wide pearly white smile. "It's nice to meet you too Ryan." He greets her with a tip of the hat. "And I suppose I could've changed for ya it was rude not too, my apologizes." His voice portrayed and sincere and after a short silence he spoke again. "Are ha ready to go? Mom will have supper ready soon." The mention of food made Levi's own eyes light up with as much work as he and the other farm hands did they needed and looked forward to their large good tasting meals.

Ryan was ready to go alright. Ready to go back home. "This is hell." She told her uncle then grabbed her bag and walked towards the truck. "Hurry up redneck." She called out to Levi and Mike sighed. "She'll be a handful Levi, sorry bout that." He told him and shook his head as she threw her bag in the tailgate and got in the passenger side, slamming the door shut. "I do wonda what happened to her." Mike said and sighed then heard a customer call her over.

Levi shrugged off Mike's apology. "The city has a way of changing people." He calls back before heading back towards the truck. He was honestly amused with this girl's reaction to his world, one he had always known. Hopping inside the truck he put her in gear and headed down the road back towards the ranch. "This here's Loretta, she ain't nothin' fancy but she smooth riding." Looking over to Ryan he smiled and when she just offered an annoyed look he persisted politely. "Where in the city do you come from?"

As Levi talked about his truck named Loretta, Ryan couldn't help but roll her eyes and become annoyed. Who names their trucks or cars? Rednecks. That's who. She looked out the window and then sighed as Levi persisted. "Downtown Chicago." She said simply and then looked at her phone. Barley any service and she didn't know if her boyfriend texted back or not. She sighed and just put her phone away. This was defiantly hell.

"I've never been anywhere but here but i promise it's a real pretty place you just have to give it a chance." With that silence followed the rest of the way back home. When Loretta pulled into the drive of course Shelly and Bella, Levi's younger sister came running out excitedly to greet their new guest as Levi grabbed Ryan's things and carried them upstairs to her temporary room. They lived in a small ranch house but it was home and they made the best of it. "It's nice to meet you Ryan, your Uncle Mike said you were coming and i thought maybe staying here would be a little more comfortable than that dirty old shop or his." Shelly says with a small laugh. "My name is Shelly."

"And I'm Bella!" She shouts excitedly. The nine year old's hair was braided into a single braid. The excitement of having a new person was evident. Shelly just smiled and pulled the little girl towards her hip. "Yes of course, no one can forget Bella."

Ryan looked at the small ranch and sighed. This was where she was staying. Unbelievable. She got out of the truck and couldn't help but become startled by Shelly and Bella. Ryan simply smiled at the two. "It's nice to meet you Shelly and Bella." Ryan said as she smiled at the youngest. Ryan squatted down and motioned Bella to come over, and when she did, she handed her a little journal and pen from her purse. "Here. You have this. Draw whatever you want and maybe one day, I'll draw something with you." Ryan said as she saw the youngest light up. Ryan always had a soft spot for little kids. They were probably the only ones who brought out the real her. She then stood up and smiled at Shelly.

"Levi mentioned something about dinner. Did you need any help preparing for it?" She asked. It was as if Ryan was a whole new person. Don't get her wrong, she hated being here but she thought she might as well make the best of it.

Shelly aimed Ryan'x change in attitude and shook her head. "Not to night but you're more than welcome to help with breakfast on the morin'. Come on, let's show you around the house." Heading towards the inside Shelly showed Er where everything important was. Lastly she took her up to where she would be staying, a cleaned room totally vacant. "I'm sure you've had a long day , feel free to shower and I'll have dinner brought up to you for tonight."

Before Levi could sit down for dinner him and his father had to get cleaned up. It was a rule he grew up with his whole life. Going up to his new bedroom he stripped out of his work clothes and changed into a nice flannel shirt and darkly colored jeans. Running a brush through his hair he removed the dusty boots and headed for the second bathroom where he washed his face and hands. Finally ready he made a jump for the table but before he could start digging in his mother shook her head and blocked his path. "You take this up to Ryan snd make sure she's comfortable." Levi sighed but nodded and took the breakfast tray of dinner up to his room and knocked on the door. The bathroom across the hall was releasing steam so he knew she had just gotten out of the shower. He impatiently waited for her to open the door the smell of her own dinner reminding him of his own.

Ryan smiled and nodded at Shelly as she went to the room they prepared for her and then went to shower. She could use a shower. She walked in and began to wash up as she hummed a soft tune then when she finished, walked back to the room and got dressed.

She couldn't help but admire the view of the country from her window. Wait, what was she thinking? She was a city girl. The country was just hell. She sighed as she got dressed into some track pants and a long sleeve shirt and let her hair down and natural. She was drying it off when she heard the knock. She walked over and opened the door while the towel rested around her neck. She smelled the wonderful dinner and smiled. "Here I got it." She told him then took the tray from him and placed it over on the bed and put the drink on the floor. "Thanks." She told him simply then went over and checked her phone. Still no signal. She groaned and unlocked it as she began to look for something to do on it and finally she just decided to put her headphones in and listen to music.

Levi seeing that she was too preoccupied with her phone let her to her dinner, not bothering to ask if she needed anything else. Jumping back to the table he began to dig into his own supper. When supper was over he retreated to his new room to grab sweatpants before he himself went to shower. The warm water of course helped relieve the tension from his muscles after w long day's work and feeling refreshed after he washed the dirt and grime from his hair he headed to bed, as always it was an early morning.

Ryan would regret staying up practically all night. She didn't get any sleep and when she decided to go to sleep, was at five in the morning. She heard movement at six in the morning and she rolled around trying to get comfortable for sleep. She put a pillow over her face and sighed. Why couldn't country people learn to sleep in?! Finally she heard a chime from her phone but she didn't bother to go check it. It wasn't the person she wanted to talk to. Why couldn't she get any signal out here? Soon she heard voices and that made her sigh again. Couldn't they just go back to sleep.

Downstairs was beautiful chaos as Shelly called it. Every morning before work began around the ranch she and Bella took on the task of feeding all the ranch hands, boys that are like they were bottomless pits but Shelly didn't mind she loved it. Levi did as he had before and brought breakfast to the door for Ryan. This time he knocked and left it on the end table next to his door in the hallway. Ryan for the most part didn't leak his interest she was just the girl occupying his childhood bedroom who managed to silently amuse him with her city ways. It was hard to believe she was ever from the country, if Mike hadn't told him he wouldn't have believed it.

Ryan finally gave up on sleeping and she got up to get her breakfast. She ate it slowly as she had music playing from her phone. It was soft but it was country music. That was the only thing country about her. She never met her father and her mother was the city girl so she assumed her dad was country if her mom moved from here after they separated. She sat there and ate then got dressed.

Mike showed up and smiled at the lovely family doing normal activities. "She awake yet Shelly? I need her help back at the shop if ya don't mind me takin her." He said and when Ryan heard she screamed into the pillow to muffle it. She hated it here. She got dressed and put on her jeans and was in the process of putting in her shirt when she saw a spider on her wall. Se screamed as loud as she could and Mike couldn't help but sigh and shake his head at his niece. "Can ya check on her Levi. Its probably another one of them bugs again." He said and Ryan stayed in the corner. The spider was a medium sized spider and spider were always a fear of Ryan's. She hadn't had the chance to finish putting her shirt on due to how scared she was.

( xD )

Levi sighed to himself but nodded and headed up to the room. Knocking on the door before he entered he walked over to the wall where the spider was and directed him towards the window. Once the spider was outside he turned towards Ryan but quickly turned away when he saw she wasn't fully dressed. "The critters round here won't hurt you, they're just looking for food. Leave them be and they won't bother you."

Ryan just scoffed and rolled her eyes and realized she had no shirt on. She quickly put it on and sighed. "Yeah sure. The critters round here want me dead." She told him and then walked over to her phone and just turned it off. There was no point in having it if she had no signal. "Man, Scott sure is going to be mad at me..." She mumbled to herself and sighed again as she looked at Levi. "Oh look, you're clean for once." She bit her lip at what she said but let her guilt roll off. She was a city girl, she didn't belong here.

Levi couldn't help but laugh at her commentary of his personal hygiene. "For now I suppose." He flashed her another smile. "Your uncle is waiting for you downstairs. You should go easy on him he's a real nice fella."

"A real nice fella wouldn't make me stay in this hell." She told him but couldn't help and admire his smile. It was a pretty smile. She sat on the bed and began to put on her converse when she saw her boots down at the bottom of her bag. No. Her mom must have packed them. She was not wearing those. She stood up and left her hair down. "Well, you have fun rollin in dirt or doin whatever it is you do." She told Levi, her southern accent slightly showing. She heard it and walked off quickly before he commented on it.

"Ah there she is." Mike said as Ryan walked over and Ryan rolled her eyes. "Well, let's get goin. We got work to do." Mike said and told everyone bye as he walked out and Ryan followed. Why did she have to help at the shop exactly? "Might wanna put your hair up." Mike said and looked at her shoes, "And maybe wear some better shoes." Ryan laughed and looked at him, "Oh like boots? You're funny. Boots don't go with everything." She stated and Mike couldn't help but laugh. "They actually do."

[media]

[/media]
Levi shook his head at her when she told him to have fun rolling in the dirt. She had no clue what he did and he could bet she didn't care either. He caught on to her thin accent but watched her walk away quickly, shaking his head again. After he left he headed back down the stairs. "Ma I don't know how you're going to put up with that."

Shelly glared at her son. "You know we show hospitality in this house to everyone despite where they come from."

"Oh ma I know, she's just, a handful.

Shelly shook her head at her son. "Give it time Levi, you'll see." His mother says with a smile. "Now get goin' before your daddy starts hollerin' you know you're the best out there they got."

(It's perf[emoji7])

"Now, change that oil in that car for me please." Mike said and Ryan sighed as she looked at the old car. "You're really asking me to get dirty and fix that car." She said and Mike laughed. "Dear lord, I hope that city side of you leaves." Mike said and drove off to go buy something he needed. Ryan sighed as she sat in the shop and stared at the car. It was just an oil change that it needed.

She went and threw on some beige overalls and out her hair up as she turned on the old looking radio and left it on whatever station her uncle had it on. Country of course. She walked over and looked around the shop, looking for the oil. Nobody was around so nobody would see her. Maybe just this once she could help her uncle out.

(That's where the idea came from.)

Levi went off of doing his own work, lifting hay barrels, checking in on the cattle. Anything that needed to be done he was out there doing it. It was a strenuousJon bit it was one he had grown used to. He had been doing it for as long as he could remember.

(Yessss I love it. Haha)

Ryan felt the familiarness of doing what her uncle asked. She loved working on cars. That was a side of her she always would have but ever since the big move to the city, it's been locked away. When she finished the oil change, she heard a car pull up. She was assuming another customer. "Can I help ya?" She asked, her accent still slightly there. "Yeah, are you sure my niece is there." Mike said and Ryan shook her head. "Nobody finds out about this." She said and went to wipe the grim off her hands and face.

As morning turned into afternoon the heat only worsened, causing Levi to constantly wipe the sweat from his body. Eventually he gave up and threw the shirt to the side. His dad hollered to him that a calf was missing and he didn't hesitant to mount his horse and go on a search looking for her. If he didn't find her before dark she could become prey for the wild animals in the woods if she wandered too far.

By the afternoon, Ryan was actually working up a sweat with her uncle. They had gotten some people who need their cars fixed and Ryan was actually enjoying herself for once. She would wipe her sweat away, but only to get grime along where she wiped. All in all, the day wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. She couldn't help but smile and laugh with her uncle. She heard the phone ring and decided to answer it, and she was happy she did.

"Hello?" She asked, her accent still there.

"Ew love. What kind of accent is that?" Zach asked and Ryan laughed as she chewed herself out mentally.

"I was just messing around. I miss you." Ryan said as she heard a laugh.

"I miss you too babe. How's being in hell going?"

"Terrible. I just want to kill myself at this point. You don't understand how many rednecks who don't bathe are here." She stated and she noticed her uncle looking at her and shaking his head. Ryan sighed and continued to talk with Zach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back