• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Home is where the heart is

Brett shook his head as he tensed up when she grabbed him. "She should be dead." He whispers as he over came his anger. Even though his evident he knew if Ryan ever saw her Ryan would be more dangerous than Brett.

"I know but stop please." Ryan whispered as she looked at her husband. "This is what she wants. She wants us to get upset and angry. Don't let her win." She added, trying to be as calm as she could be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brett sighed and nodded. "Alright." He says looking over to his wife with a smile. "But i hope for her sake she doesn't show her face around here." There was s like of people here who would take care of her.

"I know my love." Ryan whispered as she smiled and then kissed him softly. "We'll be okay. I promise." She added and then yawned softly yet again.

Brett nodded and walked with his wife back to the house. In the weeks following one day while the kids were t school snd Ryan at work Brett was out wandering the fields by himself while on horseback he was caught off guard whw hen his horse reached the ridge and bucked him off the side when a gun shot was heard. When Brett reached the bottom he felt bones break and blood start oozing from his head due to the impact. When he looked up he saw none other then Stella and cursed under his breath. "You're such s bitch." She took out his friend and it would take everything in him not not let her make his fate too.

Ryan was at work when she recieved an emergency call for a person who was brought in, though when she saw Bella and Shelly in the waiting room crying, her heart sank. She didn't even go to talk to them, she ran straight to the back and at the sight of her husband being hooked to machines and the blood everywhere, her stomach churned. She fell to her knees and one of the other nurses came to calm her. "Shhh." She told her and Ryan didn't stop crying. "Don't let him leave us too Levi." She thought as the tears continued to fall. She couldn't lose yet another person. She wouldn't live if she did. She wouldn't survive this one.

Brett had lost consciousness and even quit breathing, hence why he was being hooked up to a breathing machine but through all this he tried with everything he had to let his wife know he would be alright but he just couldn't. He knew what this would do to her and he had to pull through for her, for all of them.

Ryan couldn't do this. When the doctors said there wasn't anything else they could do but wait, they took Brett to ICU and Ryan laid in bed with him. She hugged him close and cried into his shoulder. She couldn't afford to lose him too. Her hand holding his free one and tight. "Brett please, please don't leave." She whispered and got no sleep. She wanted him awake and alive.

In the two days following he still hadn't woken but he heard and felt her presence. He was still hanging on. In the morning when she came to check on him before she went to work he felt her hand in his own and he lightly squeezes it with the strength he had.

When Ryan felt him squeeze her hand, that alone gave her hope. She kissed him softly as her tears fell into his cheeks. "I love you. You can let go if you can't fight my love." She whispered but the sadness lurked in her voice. The hurt was evident.

On the end of the fourth day when Ryan came home from work, Bentley ran up to hug his mother. He was worried for his father, he never spent s day in his life without him it seemed and he was starting to get frightened. Eventually he started crying into his mom's chest when she hugged him.

"Shh my love." Ryan said as she hugged Bentley close to her chest and ran her hand through his hair. She didn't like when he cried and him crying made Ryan want to cry. "Do you want to see him? Will that help?" She asked. She knew the condition Brett was in but if these were his final moments of life, she wanted Bentley to spend at least a few hours with him.

Bentley wiped his tears and nodded and followed his mother out to the truck. When he saw his father in the condition he was in he wanted to cry again but he didn't for the sake of his mother. Bentley laid next to Brett and slept with him, like he did when he was little for comfort. The next day when Bentley and his mom came home Bentley pointed out Stella on Ron and Shelly's porch.

Ryan sighed at the sight and sat on the couch as she watched the two all night and when Ryan saw Stella on the porch, her heart pounded against her chest. She walked up behind her and grabbed her from the back of her shirt and pulled her back to where she fell in the ground. "You're a damn idiot for showing your face here after what you did. I know you're the one that hurt Brett and I swear on my life, if he dies, I will come after you."

Ron came running wen he saw the two girls interacting and pulled Ryan away from her. "Ryan stop." He says sternly as she tried to fight him. "She isn't worth it, she's not with it." He repeated in a whisper as Bella called the police before Ryan lost her temper.

"Let me go! She deserves everything coming to her Ron! She killed Levi and I swear if I lose Brett..." Ryan said as she tried her hardest to pull away from Ron and Bentley went over with his grandma in fear. His mom never acted this way but Ryan was losing her temper very quickly.

Ron shook his head. "Don't let her win, you have children who need you." Shelly picked Bentley up and carried him inside while they waited for the police to show up.

Ryan continued to try and pull away and when she did, a gun shot was heard and Ryan covered her shoulder with her hand and fell to the floor. Bella ran out and quickly went over to Ryan then looked at Stella. "You son of a bitch!" Bella exclaimed and then looked at Bentley who witnessed it all because he ran back outside.

Just then the police app areas and took Stella away. Luckily the bullet just grazed Ryan's shoulder. When she was finished Lisa came into the room and smiled. "Your Prince Charming is awake."

At those words, Ryan stood up quickly and ran over to his room in the ICU. The bandages on her shoulder making it noticeable something happened. She laid next to him and cried as she held his hand. "I'm so happy you're awake."

When she laid beside him he winced, everything hurt but he smiled at the thought of her next to her. "Me too." He whispers coughing from his just being able to breathe on his own. He was weak and exhausted and started to feel the aching from all his broken bones.

"She's gone. She's locked up. She isn't going to bother us again." Ryan whispered as she continued to cry and stayed curled up next to him. These past days were a living hell for her.

"Shh, it's alright." Brett whispered before he began to cough again. Brett couldn't believe he let this woman do this to him, she was something like he hadn't seen before.

Ryan stopped crying and stayed there with her husband, curled up close and their hands holding each other. Ryan was exhausted so she fell asleep next to him. He pulled through. He was safe.

Brett arched his wife fall asleep before he began to fall asleep from hoe exhausted he was. He just wanted to go home, he hated hospitals since they reminded him of death. But he knew for right now joke was out of the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back