• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Holy Grail War Rp (interest check)

Would you rather be a master or a servant

• Master

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Servant

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Enolx

Time to murder the English language.
(This Rp some of the same ideas as the Fate/stay series. I guess you could say its fandom but I don't know enough to actually follow the real plot, so I'm making up parts to meet my needs. Now to business)

Plot

Long ago in the distant past three great mages created an item that could grant any desire. The mages did not use it for personal gain but instead used its power to bring prosperity to all they could. When the final mage was on his death bed he devised a way to insure that the item would not fall into the wrong hands. He made it so that the item would only appear when man needed it most. To further try to keep it out of wrong hands, the mage made it to where the item would select people it believed where worthy of wielding it's power to reveal it's location to. The last protective measure was making it so that the item would disappear after it granted on wish. With these measures set in place he banished the item into another plane where it waited to be brought back in time of need.This is the story of the Holy Grail.

Now the world finds itself regularly in danger, in an a greedy attempt by few to summon the grail. Unfortunately, the tragic acts are sometimes enough to bring out the grail and it's summoning leads to the Holy Grail War. When the grail makes itself know it bestows some mages with a mark. This lets them know they are chosen and tells them they are not only strong enough to seek the grail but, also strong enough to summon a servant. Servants are heroes from the past that have become unforgettable legend through their actions and deeds. The grail allows for those with the mark to make a master servant contract with those heroes. It is with these servants that the mages fight each other and determine who will get the grail.

About the story and roles

There are two roles master Mage and summoned servant. I hope to have an even number of both and then through semi-random chance the master mages will be assigned their servant. After that the masters will uses their servants and try to defeat the other masters servants. So as a master you will try to out smart the other masters and out your servant in a position to kill another masters servant, thus taking them out of the war. As a servant your job is to follow orders and try to out fight and kill who you were ordered to.(the servants write back and forth each giving a chance to respond and counter. If one can not counter a post for some reason or another he is wooded/killed based on what happened) Winner is the last man standing.

Masters

-have the final say over actions their servant make. (Servants can advise but if the master says go, they go)

- have one utility minor magic and one minor magic based on their servants powers.

- supply power(mana) to heir servants if they run out their servant can't use powers.

- gain more mana from defeating other masters

Servants

-must follow all orders of their master

- have a strong weapon or item that is connected to their legend. (Ex. Excalibur for king Arthur)

Have

-have an ability that is derived from their legend

-gain abilities when they defeat another servant.

Closing

This Rp is just a fantasy slice of life until someone makes a move on another person. During that time you post are just living life and getting to know you new partner. Who knows there might not even be any fighting, humans are peaceful right........ (Shadily shifts eyes back and forth)

I will play a servant so you don't have to worry about me starting the fighting, that decision falls to the masters. For a max number of pairs, lets say 6 pairs although if this happens to be really popular I can add more. That's it if your interested tell me and post what role you want, if you have questions or ideas post as well.

good what role would you guys like, so i have an idea what we have. Also any ideas for the story from any of you.

you would have to explain what that is because like i said I just started watching so i know very little about fate/.

Extra was a Fate game for the psp that took place in the future of the world, so to speak. Instead of taking place in a real world, it takes place in a reality marble (sort of like a pocket universe) where your identities are wiped and you are put in a 'school' with model people (think NPC's). In it, hundreds of potential masters are chosen. The 1st trial is to figure out that you are in the marble in 7 'days' in the marble. You find out by noticing things like, you don't know where your house is, etc, things that the weak in magic would not do. Then, you are tested to see if you can control a mock servant to fight an enemy one on one. 
Failure to do so results in death

so it's along the lines of what I had already planned but with more required set up before you get an actual servant.

alright then I will create the rp so we can start working on characters while we wait for others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back