• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern hollywood arts: main (open!!)

Characters
Here

MICHAEL K. REID​

The smile on Gen’s face said that, unsurprisingly, somewhere along the way of giving her an answer, Mike’d made some kind of fucking misstep that’d dissatisfied her just enough to piss her off. You couldn’t blame it on his pessimism assuming the worst meaning of that smile, you couldn’t blame it on the heat of the moment making it seem worse than it really was. The fact of the matter was that Mike Reid was a relative expert about pissed off Gen. The smile on her face wasn’t small, wasn’t awkward like you’d expect from someone who’d just been rejected by someone who they so obviously had some kind of feelings for.

It’d been a while since this Gen had appeared — the Gen who wore this kind of smile, the Gen who he anticipated would do nothing but be an utter bitch to him. It was that weekend, the one after the first hookup Halloween, that he’d last seen her, really. He simultaneously understood why she was coming out now — he hadn’t let her down gently — and was mildly confused.

That Gen had only ever really shown her face when things were rocky — when things were gray about whether they were friends or enemies or something entirely different — so seeing her wasn’t exactly a welcome sign.

It was just a one-eighty flip from who she was moments ago.

Great. What brand of wrath had he incurred this time? He tried to make a small gamble with himself: five bucks that she went the you’re a little bitch and it’s your privilege to be in my presence route.

“Oh Michael,” she giggled. She turned to face the mirror, her hands tracing down her sides to push down the sides of her dress before slinging the fabric across her chest and over her shoulders. “Michael, Michael, Michael.”

Little bitch route’s already in the lead.

“Here I was making a very simple offer to you out of courtesy,” she said. “School dances are meaningless, good for nothing more than a quick dance and some free entertainment. If I genuinely wanted a date from you, I would have offered to tae you somewhere a bit nicer.”

Mike raised an eyebrow, watching her as she opened a velvet case, and he glanced at his reflection in the mirror. Yeah, why didn’t he buy that, exactly?

She brushed her hair aside, clasping the jewelry around her neck. “Perhaps I would have taken you to Providence, maybe brought you along as an attractive accessory to a gala. But a school event? Seriously? That’s a low blow, even by your pitiful standards.”

Mike breathed out a sigh. Of all days for her to pull this shit, she chose right now. He didn’t get it. Not even three full minutes ago, she was asking him to the dance with what were obviously ulterior motives, and now…she was playing like he was so far below her. An accessory with “pitiful standards”. Classy.

No one was fucking buying it.

“Yeah, Gen, it’s a meaningless dance,” Mike agreed, nodding. He grinned slightly. He didn’t necessarily think that he could diffuse the situation — she seemed fucking pissed off — but he needed to avoid as much conflict as possible for once. They were about to go fucking on, and the last thing he wanted was for her to make a big deal out of her asking him to a petty fucking dance that would just be packed with acne-ridden students in desperate need of deodorant and extra-small condoms. “You blow a couple bucks, spike your punch with spirits, and hookup with someone hot enough in the backseat of a shitty clunker that makes a one-star motel’s lumpy, ancient, bedbug-ridden sack look like chiffon sheets on pillows of clouds. Far cry from, what…fucking Providence,” he laughed slightly, “but you did still ask me to it.” He shook his head slightly. “Still, you mean you thought I thought you were asking me out asking me out? You said that we were more than friends with benefits, Gen. You can say you meant something different, but I’m stupid, not an idiot — get it straight.”

That last part wasn’t going to help him get out of this situation, but it had to be fucking said.

“Are you done needing my help?” he asked as he watched her pull a shoebox out from beneath a bench. He watched in irritated, impatient silence.

Could she move any fucking slower? He knew the slow, forced indifference of her movements was all part of the facade she’d put on, but he didn’t have time for that right now — they didn’t have time for it. Maybe if he phrased it in the way of, You’re wasting your time, she’d listen.

Yadda yadda, self-absorption required particular phrasing to satisfy it, could we just skip past this situation that Mike shouldn’t’ve been in in the first place and head to the stage? Forget this shit ever happened? Just spare him one goddamn time — one time? Was that too much to fucking ask?

She lifted her dress and slipped her feet into the white, crystalloid shoes, and then she stood. He’d already had to look up to her face, but now, he had to look up a matter of several inches.

He sighed softly, poising up an eyebrow again.

“But since you brought up the topic of relationships —“

He rolled his eyes, letting out a soft sigh involuntarily.

Great. Just great. She wasn’t shutting up. Yay, lucky him, whoopty-fucking-doo.

“— I suppose I should elaborate on what I meant. I don’t blame you for not understanding, of course,” she condescended. “You don’t have any experience in people actually giving a shit about you, hmm? Always kept around for the eye candy or the sex and never because anyone ever actually gives a shit if you stay or go.” She paused, glancing over her shoulder at Mike.

Mike’s brows lowered, furrowing in frustration. “You got it, babe,” he drawled sarcastically. “Is it obvious from the way I talk or the way I stand that betrays the fact that I’m the standard high school standardless slut with issues because Mommy didn’t hug him enough?”

“Must be unfortunate to be the person no one cares about.”

Said the bitch who’d been crying over Evie and crying over how everyone hated her two weeks ago.

Damn, he should have gotten that on tape.

He should’ve felt bad for thinking that, right? Bad for thinking that he should’ve taped the girl he called his friend — the girl who he was aware that he felt some kind of way about — breaking down. But he fucking didn’t.

Because now she was pissing him off, too. He didn’t get why she was acting this fucking way. Sure, he’d rejected her harshly. Yeah, he didn’t expect her to not react — she was Gen, after all. But this shit? A sudden attempt at a full reversal of everything that she’d been saying and acting like for the past fucking two weeks?

This felt like a soap opera level overreaction. They knew each other — she knew him. Him rejecting her was just another thing — or could’ve been just another thing. They were friends (with benefits, sure, but still friends), and his rejection, though not nice, really, had been gentle enough coming from him. He got her having a reaction, but this?

This was just bullshit.

Melodrama pissed him off. She needed to knock it off. He didn’t know what she wanted to accomplish by this, but he was already sick of it.

They were friends. She could talk to him if she wanted to. This? This wasn’t fucking funny, this wasn’t fucking accomplishing anything.

“So, allow me to give you a quick lesson in emotional connection since you assumed my offer was a marriage proposal, okay?” Gen said, and she took a few casual steps towards him. She put a hand on the collar of his shirt, and he breathed in deeply, straightening his back. She adjusted his collar and nodded, then smoothed out the creases in his shirt.

Just hurry up and enlighten me, Johannes, he thought, looking forward, the look in his eyes stern though he wasn’t looking anywhere near her face. Impart your O Holy Wisdom upon the confused, sorry fucking schmuck.

She was just talking about going to the ball with him; now she was doing the patronization shit that she always did to convince herself of her superiority, and he wasn’t going to deal with this kind of shit.

“My offer was one of civility, Michael,” Gen said, “nothing else.”

“Civility?” he repeated in a steady, calm, somewhat pensive voice.

That was bullshit.

Was she going to act like it was some kind of peace treaty now? Was she going to try and play it like he was fooled and that they’d never changed the feud going between them? That he was crazy to think that she felt something towards him that she obviously fucking did?

Because he was the dumb one here. Because he was the child, desperate for attention.

Because he was crazy. Because he had it all wrong.

Gaslighting. Huzzah.

“You really aren’t the kind of person I would ever choose to associate with. I mean imagine the headlines: Genevieve Johannes Putting Out for a Charity Case and more on page 4. Imagine that, seriously, take a second to think about it.”

Don’t forget the subtitle: “HA’s Queen Bee Reveals the Secret to Taming the Fucking Bitch to Do Her Bidding!”. Apparently, that’s also part of the deal — an integral fucking section. Must’ve been in the fine print on the contract I signed by fucking you on that desk. A verbal agreement we made when we were moaning each other’s names, huh?

Gen giggled warmly, stepping past him and into the main room. Once the curtains fell, Mike stared at them for a moment, and then he reached out to pull them aside and follow after her. He spared a glance at Darrington, giving him a slight nod and sighing.

Maybe she’d finally shut up now, but probably not.

Who was he fucking kidding, the answer was absolutely not. She took every fucking opportunity she could to degrade him.

Great fucking friend she was. Just an outstanding individual. She should really be awarded Person of the Year.

“And I also don’t tend to make a habit of dating clones.” Surprise, he was right — she just kept fucking talking. “If I wanted you, there are a thousand of you out there. You are so fucking replaceable because there’s nothing unique about you. The bad guy act? Been there, seen that. The ‘pity me, Genevieve’ act? Stale, boring, overplayed. The ‘I’m better than you because I’m afraid to admit that I’m flawed’ thing? Seriously, not winning any Oscars here.”

Was that supposed to hurt? Was that supposed to sting?

Oh, I so fucking agree, Miss Genevieve. Find it in your big, warm heart to forgive this sorry fucking bottomfeeder for being a jackass like all of the other boys, won’t you? Because you’re so different. Because I couldn’t meet another rich parent-made bitch with too much emotional cargo if I walked out on the street, because your personality wasn’t ripped straight from a Gossip Girl episode.

And yeah, I agree, the act you’ve got going right now is really not fucking it. ‘I’m better than you because I’m afraid to admit that I’m flawed’…oof, yeah. Realizing you’ve got a problem is the first part to fixing the issue, so I’m glad you’re growing self-aware.

He didn’t say that aloud, though. He thought, maybe if he shut up for once, so would she. It wasn’t as much fun to kick around someone docile and quiet, and so if he let her just kick him around for a minute, maybe she’d finally fucking run out of steam or some shit.

It was wishful thinking, but fuck it. As much as he’d love to blow up, they had a show to put on. Gen knew that, so maybe things would be different for once with her.

She’d moved past him, still playing indifference, and she was now applying another coat of cherry red lipstick. “There are a thousand boys out there just like you Michael Reid, do you know that?”

He averted his eyes, looking at Darrington. “Hm?” he hummed in response to Gen’s rhetorical question, and he nodded his head in her direction. He lifted up a hand pinched his hand together, then made it look as though it was talking, trying to convey to the other boy, She won’t stop fucking nagging. He dropped his hand and looked at Gen. “A thousand boys out there, huh?” he said, his voice disinterested and dull.

It was obvious that he was sick of this.

She looked at him in the mirror, running her tongue across her teeth. “Boys with the same act, the same sob story, the same lack of emotional range, the same tendency to push people away. It’s cute, really, that you can’t just be yourself when people threaten to break through. What a shame.”

“Oh no, that factoid never occurred to me, babe.” His voice was obviously sarcastic. Thank you, Wise Whimsical Whore. Your intelligent readings rival that of the discount Hibachi food truck’s fortune cookies.

She turned on her heels, flicking her hair over her shoulder, and Mike looked at her, face stoic.

She was really fucking pissing him off.

“What?” she asked. “Don’t look at me like that, we both know that’s what you’re doing. You’re afraid of getting close, of having to drop the act, of having to finally be vulnerable. You’re so used to people even giving a fuck if you’re here or not that your itty bitty brain can’t comprehend when people care and want to keep you around.” She laughed as though she’d just said the funniest shit ever.

“You’re so funny,” he deadpanned.

“Don’t you worry, Michael,” she said, “your secret is safe with me. I don’t vouch for Mr Darrington, though. But you can’t lie to me, babe.

“Mmhm.”

He knew what she was doing — saying shit to hurt him, trying to play some mind games with him and shit.

He’d remain composed, though.

Mike was never one with much poise. Not really one for “respect” or shit like that. But for once, he was going to try and avoid this conflict.

He wasn’t about to fuck up his last Arts Fest — even if that would, apparently, satisfy Gen.

She took a few quick steps towards him. She was much taller than him, which gave her the oh-so-perfect opportunity to quite literally look down her nose at him and grin like he was some kind of fucking prey to her.

Ooh, so spooky. Was he supposed to be scared? Yeah, sure. Yeah, Gen, he was shaking in his fucking designer shoes.

Listen, all he saw was a goddamn facade. You could drop the fucking act — and you should, before he finally fucking lost his temper.

“You can pretend you don’t care, pretend you don’t want me around, but you can’t pretend you didn’t beg me to be with you.” She spoke surely, cockily. “You can’t pretend that you spent just a little bit more time with me before and after we would hook up. You can say that you don’t want me all you want —“ She looked away to laugh before meeting his eyes again. “— but just remember that you can’t unmoan my name, Michael, can’t get my name off of your lips, can’t get my touch off your skin. You were fucking addicted for someone who vowed they wouldn’t keep coming back. Hell, I bet I was even on your mind when you were all alone in your cute little bed, hmm?” She giggled, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear. “So much for no attachment. And here you are. All that effort and you’re still fucking alone.”

Anger was rising in his throat, and he could feel his body and his face growing hot.

She’s just saying this stuff to piss you off.

She wants you to react.

Don’t fucking react.

“But you know me, I’m a people pleaser. I mean, you were so pleased that you came back for seconds. And thirds. And fourths and fifths and…do I need to carry on? Right.” She moved towards the door, and she placed her hand on the doorknob. ”You want me gone Michael? Consider it done. I thought you knew better than to make an enemy of me. You could have just said no, could have admitted weakness, but alas, even you’re too pathetic to do that.”

She poised a finger towards Darrington, then grinned over at Mike. “Come now, Jared, we have a performance to do,” she said sweetly, twisting the knob. “Don’t bother tagging along, Michael. I have no interest in a fucking charity case being on my stage. Who knows? I can probably find someone just like you in the crowd. Heard carbon copies of little mewling assholes like yourself are in massive supply these days.”

She caught his eyes, and he caught it — the playful, taunting, pissed off glint.

And he finally gave her what she wanted: he laughed.

The laugh was more of a bark. It escaped him involuntarily, split the air and cut through the silence, leaving a deafening tension in its wake.

A grin spread across his face, the anger blossoming throughout his body, and he held out his hand to stop the girl from opening the door. “Genevieve Johannes,” he said, and he looked at her again, and he laughed another couple of barks. “God, the raging bitch — and you found your rival in Michael Reid, the raging asshole, huh?”

He let out a soft chuckle, and he walked a few, slow steps towards the door as he began to speak in a steady, amused voice. “I was an escape at first, wasn’t I? A…’warm body’, a toy you were going to use and discard.” He bounced air quotes on a couple of words, then used his hands to gesture to himself. “Yeah, I’m well fucking aware of what I was to you. I’m pretty sure we said that in blunt terms, several times. You were using me, just playing with me until you got bored or needed some greater escape. And I knew what I was, too.”

He chuckled again, stopping his walking. “Maybe you think I should be…” He folded his hands, looking up towards the ceiling. “…sobbing and praying at your feet in thankfulness for seeing as I got to be the Genevieve Johannes’ own personal fucktoy for…it’s been a whole fucking month, I guess.” He unfolded his hands and used them to flatten out his suit now, going quiet for a few moments before looking back over at Gen.

The toothy grin found its place on his face again, pumped full of vitriol. “You can pretend that you don’t care, Gen,” he said. “You can act like I’m really something disposable, like you can toss me aside and just fucking forget about me, but I know what we both know — you were the one who was addicted to me. I was your escapism. I was a jackass, but someone who could help you get away. Someone who made you feel like someone cared about you for a second.” The glint that Gen’d had in her eyes moments ago found itself making a home in his eyes. “You thought you had the power,” he said. “You thought you were in control. You thought, because you could have had anyone, you were the one with the upper hand. But who’s the one who’s hurt now? Who’s the one who fucked the fire, and who’s the one burning, Gen?”

He was saying what he felt, saying the truth, no matter how bad it hurt her.

She wanted him to bring the big guns? He was going to.

“When you kissed me in that photography room, it told me everything I needed to know,” he said. “About how you felt. About how you felt more. More than you should. More than you told yourself you would.” He barked a laugh, reaching up to prod his hair. “God, you had to fucking loathe yourself, I mean — Michael K. Reid?” He gestured to himself. “That pile of shit?” He dropped his hand, swaggering towards her to a slow beat as he continued. “Barely surviving from paycheck to paycheck, wears Walmart clothes, talks to girls with the express purpose of sleeping with them and never speaking to them again outside of that context? Yeah, if I ended up catching feelings for that inconsiderate asshole — quite literally the bottom of the barrel — I’d be fucking ashamed, too.”

He gave her a pitiful look, stopping a few steps away from her. “And even after that — even after you realized that — instead of pushing me away, you just tried to pull me closer. And you’ve got the balls to call me pathetic, do you?”

He glared into her eyes, shifting his focus from one eye to the next before breaking eye contact and waving a hand dismissively, making his way back over to the wall-length vanity. “But you know me,” he said, meeting his reflection’s gaze as he approached the mirror. “I’m a people-pleaser, babe. I mean, you were so pleased that you came back for seconds of the one-time angry fuck, the one who you constantly rejected, swore off sleeping with, no matter how hot he was.” He turned around and leaned his backside against the table. “Oh, and thirds, too, just like me. And fourths…” He put a finger to his chin. “Hmmm…and fifths, and then…do I need to carry on?”

He was obviously mocking her, taking her words and turning them back towards her.

He laughed, looking from the ceiling to her. “So much for no attachment. And here you are, you massive goddamn hypocrite, playing superior, trying to fuck with me mentally so you can seem so fucking right about everything.” He shook his head, chuckling. “So you can be the right one here. So you, Genevieve Johannes, the rich bitch who’s had her whole life fucking handed to her, can be in the right, once again — as always.”

He turned to face his reflection, pulling out the chair to set his elbows on it. He crossed his arms, his grin fading slightly. “I never said I wanted you gone.” His voice was more serious now — suddenly lacking the angered humor it’d had before. “All I said was that I didn’t want to go to the goddamn dance with you. This feels like such a fucking fifth grade discussion. You said it yourself — it’s a fucking meaningless dance. If it means that much to you that I said fucking no, then you’re just confirming more and more what you’re trying to deny — that you care about me. That you care about this disgusting sonuvabitch — and that you want me. And you’re feeling it, and you know it, so to make yourself feel better you’re cutting me off, making me the villain here, making me your public enemy number one because I didn’t…” He looked at her reflection in the vanity, making eye contact with her figure.

And then he asked, “Literally, what the fuck is this about, Gen?”

He turned back to her, his brows furrowed. “You said that I could’ve just said no — I did fucking say no, Gen. Maybe you misunderstood me, but I said it pretty bluntly — ’I have no interest in going with you, babe.’ Did I offend you because I thought you were joking before? Because I cracked my own jokes even once I realized you weren’t? I’m an asshole, Gen, as you said. Sorry, wrong term — little mewling asshole. What did you expect? But I just said fucking no. I could’ve been nicer, sure, that’s not a revolutionary assessment, but I didn’t say anything fucking more than no, thank you. I rejected you. I shot you down. Ouchie, I dare defy you.”

Sighing, he crossed his arms, leaning back again the vanity’s edge again. “You’re not used to hearing no, are you? Not used to people having the fucking balls to tell you that they’re not going to do exactly what you want them to do, huh? Not used to people telling you you’re not going to get your way, that not everything’s always kosher, peachy-keen, a-okay just because you want it to be? It’s big and fucking dramatic because your hot hookup said no, because no one says no to Gen — no one dares to.”

He began to walk towards her again, his steps slow. “This superiority? Yeah, I know it’s all fucking performative. You know you and I are the exact fucking same, but you’re scared to admit it.”

Breathing out another soft sigh, he said what everyone had to been afraid to fucking say in the past: “You’re such a fucking control freak.”

He met her eyes, a serious, angry expression on his face. “One thing goes awry — one person does something that you don’t want them to do, reacts in a way you don’t want them to — and it’s the end of the world. I say no, and now you jump into defense mode. Downplay me, downplay all this shit, because if you can’t control other people, then you have to force them to bow to your fucking will and when they don’t? You get scared. You go into defense mode. You try and go hard bitch, play better than. Slip into the condescension, slip into that aura, that damn lie that I’ve somehow wronged you by…reacting differently, yeah. Suddenly you don’t give a single fuck about me.”

As he continued, he pointed to himself each time he referenced himself, a slight, disbelieving smile coming across his face. “Suddenly I mean nothing. Makes sense. I’m little, I’m pitiful, I’m this and that only because I told you what you didn’t want to fucking hear. I’m your charity case, I’m the little fucking dog lucky enough to piss at your feet because I…laughed at you? Because I told you no thanks? Because you don’t want to hear my fucking rejection?” He dropped his hand, his tone becoming firmer, surer, angrier. “Because you can’t handle it. Because you can’t handle shit like that. Because your whole life, you’ve never been able to handle people disagreeing with you — because no one can tell you no. No one can not agree with you. When they do, it’s a personal affront on you, so you have to launch a personal affront on them to make them react in a way that you, in your godlike wisdom, knew that they were going to react, just so you look so much more correct in comparison. Textbook manipulation — or, I guess more accurately, textbook control freak mental crisis. Congratulations, you’re page seven-twenty-three, figure fucking one.”

He barked a laugh at his joke, and then looked towards the ceiling. “You either go that route, or suddenly you’re the victim. Suddenly you’re feeling sorry for yourself. Suddenly I’m comforting you while you fucking cry instead of working on a project my livelihood depends on because everything you thought you had under control slipped through your fingers and you can’t fucking handle losing your grip. You lost Liv, Gen. Big fucking whoop. You couldn’t control Liv, you couldn’t control how she lives — you couldn’t control that shit, and you didn’t seem to accept that, and so you flipped the fuck out on Halloween, broke down, made the mistake of banging community cesspool Reid on your office table. You lost Evie, too, same fucking shit — you thought you had control. You thought that no one would know about you and Landon — you had that shit managed. But news flash, Gen —“ He looked back at her. “— life doesn’t bend to your will, babe. Novel idea, I know. Surprise, Gen, but people? Yeah, they aren’t pawns. I let you use me, I was aware you were using me. But that doesn’t mean I don’t have a say in shit. That doesn’t mean that I don’t have the right to feel shit differently than you do, to react fucking differently than you want me to. If I want to run away, then I can fucking run away. And you can’t tell me that I can’t, and you can’t try and guilt me into apologizing for it. You got that, Gen?”

He walked up to her, looking up into her face. “Read my lips: I’m not your fucking toy, and I’m not your goddamn charity case. If you didn’t want to fucking work with me, that was a decision to make fucking months ago, Gen. I’m not going to back out of this shit and refuse to fucking go on because some attached, in-denial bitch told me not to. That stage isn’t yours, this charity case isn’t yours, this fucking project isn’t even fucking yours. I’ve got shit riding on this, too. I’ve contributed my part, Darrington’s contributed his part, you’ve contributed your part. Just because you decided you wanted to bitch and boss everyone around doesn’t mean this is yours to fucking control — Gen, you don’t have control over everything. You don’t have control over that stage, you don’t have control over this project, you don’t have control over little fucking me, and you don’t even have control over your own goddamn life.”

He laughed harshly. “Jesus, fuck, that’s right, and, ouch, ouch, ouch, Johannes, that’s got to hurt to hear, huh? I'd offer my condolences, but I'm going to pull a card from your book of tricks and pretend like I actually don't give a shit." He chuckled, smiling amusedly. "I mean, just look at you. God! The pathetic control freak’s trying to bear her claws, trying to force the boy who’s supposed to be her little pet into submission when the truth is she’s lost all grip of everything, she has no fucking claws, and all the things she ever thought that she had under control and the whole empire she thought that she'd built are all fucking crumbling beneath her...huh, really makes you think, doesn't it?”

mood
what the fuck?!

outfit
dressy

playing...
drunk face
by machine gun kelly​

mentions
liv, landon, & evie

interactions
gen & jared

tags
geminiy geminiy Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

kellian phelan

“Just, uh…be yourself?” Ronnie took a bite from her muffin and stood. “I mean, you dance all the time, Kell. How’s today any different beyond the obvious?”

The star-struck, dark-headed bundle of nerves’ eyes widened, as though her friend has just imparted some true wisdom upon her. She nodded. “Woah…smart. Yeah, I guess you’re right, Ronnie.” Sure, the stage was bigger, and there were more people, and everyone…here…would be judging her, but — but what was so different about when she’d had to perform in front of just her partner, or just Dei, or just the teacher?

Well, she could answer that — about five-hundred more seats in the crowd — but she shook her head to dismiss that thought. Of course, just dismissing it didn’t work, and her stomach flopped again as Ronnie began to divulge more wisdom to the other girl in the room, so she swallowed hard and opted for just distracting herself.

As she finished up her muffin, Kelli shuffled through her bag with her free hand, making sure she had all of the supplies that she needed to survive the day. Her sparkly water bottle? Check. She’d stuck a star-shaped sticker to the bottom and tried to write her name into it, just to be sure that it could be identified if it was lost, but she wound up just smudging the letters. You could still read the el in the middle, kinda. Her curly, purple scrunchie? Check — it matched the performance outfit perfectly, so she couldn’t forget it. Gum, Laffy Taffy, and Kool-Aid water packets for celebration? Check, check, and check.

“Speaking of which, I should probably get going.” Her blonde friend’s words of departure pulled her from her zone and back into reality.

“Oh?” Kelli asked, cocking her head. So soon? It felt like she’d only been here a matter of minutes.

“I think Avery and Casey are already at the venue,” Bella explained. “Leaving them alone is usually a bad idea, like leaving two children, oui?”

Kelli giggled. “Oh, gotcha.” She held up a thumbs up, giving her a sure nod and an encouraging smile. “Well, good luck, break a leg, and I’ll see you later, then!”

Bella waved a quick goodbye and walked out the door, which left Kelli alone with her roommate again.

Turning to her redheaded friend, Kelli smiled. “Uhm…let’s see…I’ve got all my stuff. Got my bag —“ She patted her bag, then blinked a couple of times. “Oh, wait!” she gasped when she realized what she was missing, and she stood up, rushing over to the small desk strewn with her possessions. She searched the table for a second, and then — “Aha!” Unfolding the thing she’d been looking for, Kelli turned around to Ronnie. She held them up by one earpiece — a pair of bright green sunglasses. “Can’t forget these.” She slipped them on her face, then crossed her arms before popping out a peace sign. “‘sup, I’m Kelli,” she said, deepening her voice to sound tough, and then she dissolved into laughter, pulling off the sunglasses and hooking them on the front of her shirt.

She gasped again. “Oh, right, and —“ She turned back around to her desk, this time reaching for the drawers. She opened the first, searched it for a second, then muttered, “No…” She closed it, moved down to the next one, and did the same. “No, no.” She closed that drawer, stooping to open the final drawer. “There!” she whispered.

Once again, she turned to Ronnie, but this time, she held her hand behind her back. “Alrighty.” Stepping over a her own pair of lazily discarded pajama pants, Kelli took a few steps forward. “Now…ahem.” She cleared her throat, putting on her most prim-and-proper expression with downturn lips and squinting eyes and changing her voice to have a posh British accent. “Close your eyes, my fair lady,” she requested, and then she giggled, her expression and accent dropping in favor of a smile.

She pulled it from behind her back and carefully unfolded its earpieces, then gently settled it on Ronnie’s face — a pair of pink sunglasses, with the frames shaped like two flamingos facing one another with sequined band in the middle for the bridge. “There, now you can open them.”

She clasped her hands in front of her to see Ronnie’s reaction, smiling brightly. “I thought they were cute,” she giggled. “Like, funny, you know? They’re not really to wear in public, but…anyway, little friendship sunglasses!” She gave jazz hands at the tagline for the pairs of sunglasses, and then she laughed. “They’re just kind of silly, but I thought maybe they’d give us good luck or something if we kept them on us — you know, like, not on our faces, but maybe in our bags, like a lucky charm.”

It was a kinda dumb idea the more she thought about it and not as cool as it had been in her head, but…ya know.

Laughing quietly, she shrugged and made her way back over to her backpack. “Bella had a good point — everyone’s probably waiting on us, so let’s go, go, gooo,” she said, gesturing to the open door with a bright smile.

She was as ready as she would ever be, and spending more time in here would only psych her out even more than she already had been.

Before she walked out, she had to walk over to her roommate and catch her in one last hug. "We're going to do great, Ronnie," she said surely, and then she giggled, pulling back from the hug and making her way to the door.

…………………………

The bright-eyed, bushy-tailed teenager made her way through the freaking ginormous venue, ooohing and ahhing at just about everything she saw. She’d been in bougie places before. You know, she’d been lucky enough to go into all of those fancy dance halls and ballet and opera houses across the country thanks to the fact that her dance group often traveled.

But heck, upscale places still made her eyes bug. They had chandeliers — alot of them, too, hanging from those suuuuper high ceilings that were so shiny that she could see her own shady flexing on the panels. Dude, pretty much the whole place was lit by chandeliers — you know how much that costed? …Neither did she, but she knew it was a lot.

How much had the school payed to rent this place? She felt like she should pay them back to just step foot in here!

And the paintings on the walls that weren’t from students were all of naked angel babies, a big symbol of being rich as everyone knew. She never really understood why the naked angel babies were symbols of that, but they were and the place had so many.

Not to mention, the bathrooms? They were decorated. Like, decorated bougily. Moustache-twirling, wine-swirling bougie-type decor, man! Reds and golds, lit by warm light. She felt like she would lounge in them in a fluffy bathrobe while asking a waiter to come and feed her grapes if it didn’t smell like a bathroom. Except the bathroom did smell decent because of these air freshener dispensers on the wall — those were also freaking dope.

No, seriously — this whole place was just so freaking dope, dude!

She’d been walking into this exhibit and that performance and this show and that catwalk for the past little bit, and now, she walked into yet another exhibit full of student’s artworks. She stood in the doorway for a second, starry-eyed and gasping at the sight of all of the colorful sculptures and glasswork and paintings and sketches, and then she walked a bit further in.

After carefully studying the paintings and things as she walked down the line, Kelli came to a stop at an interesting-looking display that stopped her in her tracks. She took it in with wide eyes: the countless portraits of all sorts of people. They all looked like people she knew, too, though some looked a bit more kinda-a-person-but-not-really than others. Whoever had done this had done an amazing job, and she gawked at the display as a whole for a second.

Dude, could you imagine how much freaking time and effort went into this thing? This was hella dope. It belonged in a museum — just like pretty much every project she'd seen in here so far.

She scanned the sketches, starting from the very top, very left, and as she made her way down the line, she came across a picture that stunned her for a second.

Squinting her eyes, she stepped closer to the display, and she crossed her hand over her chest to prop up her elbow. She stroked her chin with her forefinger, and finally, she whispered aloud to herself, “Is that…me?

mood
: 0

outfit
: )

playing...
dance
by foxes​

mentions
n/a

interactions
bella & ronnie

tags
geminiy geminiy hery hery

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

• how she's feeling...

Upset, Concerned, Angry

Chanel Clairmont

Visuals~ 17 ~ Actress

“Nellie, your camera is facing the wrong way.”

“Give me a second, I’ll fix it.”

“Honey, you have to click the little--”

“I know, mom. Just--”

Beep, beep.

Whatever she did, or pressed.

The call came to an end on it’s own by some ungodly force.

Great.

So, no. Chanel wasn’t great with technology. It might’ve been slightly embarrassing to know that your parents could handle computers and such better than you can.

Her phone had started to ring again and the photo of her parents popped up, with a heavy sigh the blonde swiped right to answer the facetime call and thankfully, the camera was facing the right way this time.

“You look…” Her mother started,

“What were you doing again?” Chanel’s father chimed in, turning the camera towards himself.

“It’s a scene based on Robert Frost’s poem. Death Of The Hired man? Didn’t I tell you this already?”

“Right! Right.” He said, not knowing the phone had picked up him muttering under his breath to her mother.

“What is that?”

It was humorous.

Kind of.

They were supposed to come tonight. To see Cami’s routine, Casey’s… whatever he was doing, and of course, Chanel’s rendition.

Honestly, she felt stupid. For someone who seemed to be so mature, here she was. Disappointed because her mommy and daddy weren’t here to see her perform. This was different. It wasn’t a movie premiere, or a tv show that she guest starred on, not a family thing where they all sat in the tour bus, staring up at the television.

This was on stage.

It was live. She’s never done anything live, really. Except a few improvisational classes and things. It wasn’t like they could regularly have plays while on a tour bus, different states every day kind of prevented that.

It would’ve felt nice to have a bit of similarity to her parents.

“We’re so sorry we couldn’t make it tonight, Cha-cha. You know we would’ve come if we could’ve.”

Debatable.

And she’d say that, but Chanel isn’t in the mood to strike up a heated conversation right now. She couldn’t do that when she’s about to get into character.

Her feelings would seep in.

Not a good idea.

The last thing Cappie needed was for his fictional wife to want to rip his head off.

“Make sure you tell your brother and sister that, too.”

“Mhm. Where are you guys at now?”

“We’re headed to New York, so I think we’re somewhere in… Pennsylvania right now? But we’re going into a tunnel, so I think--”

The video froze and Chanel sighed, the few beeps and the exit of facetime indicating that the call failed and the blonde pocketed her phone. Adjusting the collar of her shirt and brushing away some fly-aways with some kind of special… hair thing. It was odd, it was like mascara but clear. Hair glue, but not actually glue.

It was a good invention.

Chanel set out to find Cappie before they had to go on.

She was glad that he offered to be her partner. There wasn’t anyone else she was rather interested in performing with, nor did she have the patience to. It wasn’t like she had a long list of potential partners.

Okay, so there were a few.

But there was absolutely no way she wanted to perform with Landon. And no, it wasn’t because they dated. It was more like… She wanted a new opportunity. That isn’t sounding any better, but she can’t find the word for it at the moment.

The poem was his idea anyway, and mistakenly the gender swap was too; until Chanel had pushed the idea. It was an interesting twist on things and the scene would immediately grab more attention.

At least, to her it would.

But that’s simply because Chanel had better taste than most.

The whole… showcase thing, she had to admit was quite entertaining. Despite not having much free-time. Hollywood Arts was actually giving Chanel things to do that interested her. It wasn’t just measly auditions and filming from time to time.

It was… honing her skills, mastering her craft, showing off everything she could do with people who actually paid attention to her talent.

She didn’t like the teachers much.

In case you didn’t notice, Chanel didn’t like being told what to do. She was the one who bosses others around and gives them tips.

Not the other way around.

Even the few classes she’d taken as a child didn’t give her much constructive criticism. Possibly because they were afraid of her parents-- but her point still stood. The only person Chanel truly listened to was her aunt.

Every other teacher and fellow actor was nothing more than white noise.

Chanel was backstage, gaze roaming for a certain brown-haired farmer. She had almost passed by the set before he caught her eye and the blonde halted to a stop.

The corner of her lip almost quipped into a humorous grin, “Running lines again? I never knew your memory was so--” her slight smile instantly faded as she took in his appearance.

It was only now Chanel noticed that his shirt was unbuttoned, her gaze flickering towards the ice pack that rested on top of his shoulder and her eyebrows furrowed in concern.

Slight concern.

Don’t get excited or anything.

“What happened? Did you try to help the stage hands and pull something?” She thought he seemed a little more sturdier than that. Not that she was thinking about that in the first place, she was just making an astute observation.

Chanel, without warning removed the ice pack from his shoulder gently to reveal a heavy looking bruise. Which clearly wasn't new. Her features changed from concern, to moderate anger.

“When exactly did this happen? Did you dislocate it?” She had done her best not to touch the bruising, instead gently pressing against the swelling with the ice pack once again.

“I’m not going to ask if you’re okay, obviously not if you failed to tell me.”

No, she didn’t ‘have’ to be told. But when you’re working with someone you’d at least expect them to have the common decency to let you know that they’re injured.

Chanel would’ve found a replacement.

Or…

Well, she would’ve done something if she had known.

God, she hated men.

Always so secretive and for what?

♡coded by uxie♡

Spencer Gray

The goal was to celebrate Maggie after her fantastic performance, but Spencer couldn’t help but feel like he was being celebrated too given Maggie’s excitement over his upcoming performance and how she would be as close to the stage as she could be and hard to miss. They were still just words but words didn’t get any realer than that.

When she gasped at the sight of the food stall and gushed about the prospect of filling her stomach, he couldn’t help but smile and laugh. Her reactions were so lively and energetic, he just found himself being dragged right into her flow.

“As someone who loves to cook hearing that always makes me smile. Guess that makes us a match in food heaven.” He quipped playfully. “I supply the food and you supply the stomach.”

Wait. She wasn’t going to misunderstand right?

Spencer kept the remnants of his smile fixed on his face but his thoughts were already drifting in a different direction.

He was used to matching the mood and energy of those he was with so he’d just gone out and said it but…

He was being paranoid wasn’t he. Argh this was getting ridiculous. Stupid yoghurt shop, stupid Ez, reminding him of that incident. They had just met, they were celebrating and there was nothing flirty about what he had said…

Was there? Oh hell who was he kidding? What did he know about flirting?

Forget it, today was a day to have fun, this moment was supposed to be a celebration, and his worrying ways was just ruining it.

Especially when Maggie just seemed to be the fun playful type.

Clear your mind, don’t overthink and just have fun. Seriously.

Beside him Maggie promised not to break the bank and he feigned a sigh of relief and wiped away the imaginary sweat on his forehead.

“Phew, thank goodness, I was worried there for a moment.” He teased. The fact that she wasn’t going to take advantage of his offer to pay was news to his ears of course, he would have paid regardless, after all he had promised to do so and well… he was done breaking promises and hurting people in the process. But putting that aside, it was nice to see her consideration, his parents were by no means poor, but they weren’t the richest of the rich or anything either and it was always good to save, especially in the case of possible emergencies like Nat’s health declining again.

As she made her order, Maggie mentioned her love of spicy food and he smiled. The last thing he wanted to do was ruin her celebration with his own personal problems.

“Yeah? Isn’t spicy food taboo for singers or something? I’m not gonna get into trouble with your manager or anything for feeding you spicy food am I?” He kept the smile on his face and his tone light and teasing to let her know he was just joking. Besides it was a celebration and he’d seen his share of singers eating spicy food before, no one would seriously get on her case for eating one spicy meal right? Well then again, you could never really say for sure.

They were given a ticket number to collect their order when it was done and the next thing Spencer knew, Maggie had grabbed onto his hand and urged him to hurry as she led him to an open spot not too far away.

She let go of his hand and he settled into the seat opposite hers. There were lots of people walking around now and he had to say they were really lucky to get a table with this crowd. Students, children, adults, families. Nat was doing fine right? If she could be here… at least she was healthy.

"So,” Spencer turned to look at Maggie as she started speaking, “you said you were in the dance dept. What style do you like most?"

“My favourite style?” He repeated, an easy smile settling onto his face as he looked up thoughtfully. “That’s a good question. I’ve always enjoyed trying the different styles but if I had to pick…” his voice trailed off as he ran the different dance styles through his head, “I’d have to say hip hop I think. It was the first style I was introduced to when I was young so I guess you could say it’s my first love in dance. That and I’ve always found it to be fun and free, like you can have elements of different styles just coming together to make something new and enjoyable.” Spencer’s eyes lit up as he spoke, the excitement in his voice growing as his hands danced in rhythm with his words.

And then his eyes fell back on Maggie and he remembered where he was and what they were doing.

“Sorry,” Spencer said sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his head, “I got a little carried away there, and I think that’s our number.” His eyes darted down to the ticket to double check and he smiled as he rose from his seat. Yep, that was the one.

“Wait here, I’ll be back in a bit with our food.”

Making his way across to the food stall, Spencer gave his head a little shake. Here they were supposed to be celebrating Maggie’s performance and he almost got carried away talking about himself and his love of dance.

An incurable disease, as Sheryl had once called it. Sheryl…

She’d suffered so much because of his love for dancing but she’d always shown up to his performances.

…Every single one but the last, and now she’d never see him perform again. Today would be the first time since her death that he performed on a stage.

Ah shit.

Spencer tilted his head to the sky as he took a breath and closed his eyes.

He’d told himself he wouldn’t go there. At least Ez wasn’t around now. His brother would no doubt recognise what he was thinking right away if he saw him right now and probably give him a good kick in the butt.

Crap.

Remember why you’re doing this Spence. Take a few breaths, clear your head, get your food, smile and focus.

He continued to mentally coach himself as he opened his eyes and resumed his walk towards the food stall, handing over the ticket as he took their orders.

Taking another deep breath, he turned and made his way back to the table. Focusing on the delicious aroma wafting up from the bowls, he managed to crack a smile as he set the tray down and distributed the bowls.

“Well if the food gets either of us into trouble at least it’ll be worth it. Smells amazing right?” He slid back into his seat as he spoke and reached over to open Maggie’s bottle of water for her. It was a habit he had picked up from looking after Nat and one that he’d tried to curb when Nat protested that she could handle such things herself. No doubt Maggie could as well but he needed to keep himself busy and distracted.

Bottle opened and returned, he cracked open his own can of soda and took a sip before setting it back down and picking up his chopsticks.

“So, continuing on from where we left off earlier, you know my favourite dance style, what about you? Are you a fan of dancing? And your music, mind if I ask what got you into it?”

He tucked into the bowl of hot noodles as he waited for Maggie’s response, hoping that this change of topics would help him switch gears fast so his mind didn’t get bogged down by depressing thoughts and he didn’t ruin Maggie’s celebration or the mood.

mood
Celebrate

outfit
Nat's Pick

playing...
WONDER

by Shawn Mendes​

mentions
Ezra

interactions
Maggie

tags
Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

º º code by ditto º º

Juliette Jameson
"Just remember I’m the one with the spotlight above me.”

@QueenJules has set their status to:
When you see me on stage, just know I’m judging you there too.

@QueenJules has set their outfit to:
A Gorgeous costume, custom made. Obvi.

@QueenJules has interacted with:
Ava

@QueenJules has mentioned:
Dorian

@QueenJules has tagged:
Winona Winona

She was glad that Ava didn’t push on her question. JJ hates when people persist about things. A no is a no. Obviously. Although if Ava pushed Jules she probably would’ve gave in, admitting that she was the slightest-- slightest bit nervous.

She barely paid attention to Ava’s fumbling and failure at tightening the straps, once JJ had felt something tighten she knew that the redhead was on the right track.

"I think it looks good just like that. Mesh skirt would've been too revealing,"

Juliette was quick to reply because she had to make her point. It’s usually what happened when someone questioned her reasoning for just about anything.

Jules always had to be right. Especially with Ava.

Always with Ava.

“Well, obviously, I meant like, adding one onto it. You know? It’s really thin material to dance in, so it isn’t like anything serious or heavy. You wouldn’t know though so I can’t really blame you. It sounded like an insult, but Jules just couldn’t help it. She was blunt.

"What'd you want from him? Did you want him to care? Get jealous or some shit? Wouldn't that of just pissed you off more than him not giving a shit?"

Tough question.

Because, she doesn’t want to be treated like she’s owned or anything, but she wants to feel like her boyfriend gives a shit if she shows a little too much ass. Y’know?

“I like a little bit of jealousy, sometimes… or possessiveness, I guess.”

But… a really small amount of it. Because if Dorian was about to be like; ‘Hey, don’t look at him.’ or ‘That’s too revealing, go change.’ She’d instantly be like, I like you and all, but fuck you, I’ll do what I want.

But if he asked nicely, it would be a different story.

Maybe.

“Pretend like you had a girlfriend or whatever. You decided to wear something super slutty and she just didn’t care. Wouldn’t that bother you a little? I don’t think I would, but I don’t really have that problem with boys. I don’t think anyone would want to see Dorian in a skirt, so.”

She wasn’t explaining it right at all.

It was a little hard to see JJ’s point of view sometimes. For other people, anyway. She had a very… certain way of thinking. And some whores just couldn’t grasp the concept.

Oh well.

Their problem.

“Okay, I guess… I’d want him to… give a shit. Or at least… pretend to? Maybe? Ugh. I don’t know. I don’t wanna think about boys. You’re gonna get me all messy.”

JJ picked up a tube of lipstick, applying with precise strokes while her mind wandered.

“I think you’ll understand when you like someone. You wouldn’t want someone you like being dressed all sexy-like for everyone else to drool over them.”

Jules lifted her shoulder, and grimaced slightly.

“They’re too tight.”

She waited for a response before glancing over at her, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion when she didn’t reply.

“Hello? Earth to Ava? They’re too tight.”
º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: command.

OUTFIT: tux

basics
MENTIONS:
Charlie, Simone
INT:
Soap Soap (Alex)
geminiy geminiy (Ezra)
qunqun qunqun (Auguste)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Chas Marino
The day was young, yet Chas' master plan had just about reached its climax. His beloved film project was gone behind a trail of breadcrumbs planted just behind tooth-puncher Charlie Howell. Oh, the joy of everything going absolutely awry... in the right way. The budding director would have liked to have at least made a good impression on his senior year's Winter Arts Festival, but the sacrifice was well-worth it.

Besides, Chas still had the safety net of being rich with a foot already in the door of the filmmaking world. He didn't need the recognition of a few hacks affiliated with some pretentious school filled with no-names to get anywhere. Alex may have, and he did feel for the poor girl, but it was out of his hands at this point. If he were to waver and surrender his vengeance for the sake of someone else... what would this all be for?

What would he have gotten brutally assaulted for?

At any rate, the panic hadn't set in yet. The most important job prior to his big acting endeavor was pretending to be completely oblivious.
“Har-har. Simone picked out the outfit for me when we were out looking for costumes. If it was my choice, I would’ve shown up in jeans," Alex replied, coming as no shock to her harshly judgmental project partner.

"You don't say," the Italian remarked, picking at his fingernails, "If you're not going to be like other girls, at least make it a point to wear a dress a few seasons out." He looked the model up and down, utilizing his extreme attention to detail to get a proper feel for the outfit she arrived in.

“But-- thank you. You clean up nice yourself, Dickens.”

"I'm aware." The reminder of his fashion prowess brought Chas' attention back to his hair, which he ran a small comb through to get that damn kink out of it once and for all. He peered at his nails once more, longing for the sweet, sandpapery caress of his nail file sitting back on his dresser.

His voice dropped below a mutter as he thought to himself. "Simone knows modern fashion..." He tugged at the fabric on Alex's dress, rubbing a section between his fingers. He then looked up at Alex with his final thoughts in order. "You, however, are not hip on the current trends. The look is cute, but so not you."

With Alex's attention suddenly turned to the event crew inquiring about their project, Chas took a step back and crossed his arms. He looked onward towards the laptop, playing his lack of innocence off as casually as he could manage. There it is. There's the laptop with the video file, he thought falsely, anticipating all sorts of adverse reactions to the empty contents of its digital storage, It should be there. I surely did nothing to tamper with it.

“A little. You aren’t? Aren’t you the slightest bit worried about what people will think?”

The tux-clad boy let out a snort. "I've already seen the film a million times over. I know it's good because that's my professional opinion. Anyone who disagrees," he explained with a nonchalant shrug, "Is cinematographically blind and should be ousted from the film world." He leaned back on the wall with crossed arms. What was taking so long to check for one stupid, missing video file? "I have people that can make that happen, you know."

“Wait. I look nervous? How do I look nervous?”

Chas glanced at Alex with a slightly taken aback smirk. His mouth hung open with unspoken words, unable to fathom just how unaware the girl was of her own visible anxiety. "Ah, well..."

“Uh, the video isn’t-- the film, it isn’t there.”

One, two, three...

"What?" Chas hissed, right on cue to the millisecond, "Wrong answer. Check again."

Alex went for the laptop, clicking and scrolling with a grave expression on her face. He didn't need verbal nor physical confirmation to know... no dice.
“Could it have been in a different folder? Did you delete it by accident?” She was on the right track, but oh-so-far. Chas stuffed a hand into his right pants pocket, which was a little tight considering the pair of tuxedo pants was tailored for his own small frame. The film was literally right there, tucked safely inside a flash drive he'd inserted days before.

"Give me that," the all-too-knowledgeable senior barked before seizing the laptop and aggressively digging through its contents. He leaned in closer, his nose mere inches from the screen as various folders and popups reflected in his glossy eyeballs. Various agitated mutterings escaped his lips as he feigned ignorance and desperation while searching the computer.

“Did we have a backup? Didn’t we? Why wouldn’t we make--”

"I don't know, Alex! Just let me think!" he snapped, absorbing deeper into the hold of the screen, almost pathetically persistent in scouring through all the files at this rate. Even the recycle bin file had been supposedly emptied... that was never a good sign.

He looked back at his project partner's despairing, panicked face, weighing it against the face of Charlie blinded by rage during that September night she humiliated him. He'd never forget that look, one that looked down on him with too much disgust and contempt for a girl who was supposed to be leagues beneath Chas' radar. She wasn't better than him. One punched-out tooth didn't mean anything. Why did everybody seem to latch onto that when he outclassed her in so many other ways?

He could end this right there. He could just pull out the flash drive and say he forgot to install it, ending this nightmare unfolding in front of them.

But he didn't. And the worst part was that there wasn't a flicker of shame or guilt inside him for it.

"It should be there, Alex, I'm telling you," he urged, unashamedly lying through his now-intact teeth, "Unless somebody deleted it to screw with me or something, the file should be right there." He pointed to the empty folder, unable to stress enough just how much it wasn't his fault. The seed was now planted. "Don't you think this is a little too deliberate?"

“I’m sorry, sorry. It’s just… It’s just not possible. I don’t get it. What the hell am I supposed to do now? Put it on as a play?”

Diiiiiing... Oh no.

“I need actors. We need actors. Who’s available in the next hour?”

"Alex, no. That's never going to work." Before he could prepare a long list why Alejandra's idea was awful and verging on suicidal, a new voice penetrated the room's air. The hairs on Chas' neck stood up as he peered into the vanity at the backstage dressing room's reflection.

You're kidding...

“Well well, if it isn’t the director and Chas, right on time I assume.”

Chas instinctively tensed up, hardening his face into an exasperated grimace the moment Ezra drew near. He let out a deep breath, his agitated act slowly becoming genuine emotion.

“Nice to see you again, Chas.”

"You can't just go barging into people's dressing room spaces. What if I was—" Actually, strike that from the record. No response to that would have been good. The artist almost seemed to gain a sick sense of satisfaction stating the obvious, familiarizing himself with Chas and Alex's problem. He nearly wanted to forfeit the plan just to whip out his USB and go "Ha! It's right here! I told you I'm competent and deserving of respect."

But, despite his wounded pride, he restrained himself.

“What can we do to help? Auguste and I are both done with our performances, so we’re at your disposal.”

“... Yeah. Whatever you need.”

"You two...?" Chas responded, allowing an extended amount of time between his next words in case either boy was to burst out laughing and admit to merely joking. However, the silence dragged on, and he looked to Alex with raised eyebrows.

"So we're really doing this?" he sighed, not hopeful on getting the answer he wanted. He was fine calling it quits, maybe just to really bask in the role of the false victim at the hand of Charlie, the supposed film thief. Then again, this pathetic excuse for a live show may have just the same effect.

"We're going to need as many props and set pieces as we can drag over here. Depending on the scale of the audience, a few mics, too." He cleared his throat, getting a little giddy at the thought of barking orders once more. Being the self-appointed head director really was the gift that kept on giving. "We're obviously going to need scripts, a new leading guy and girl, as well as a couple of the supporting characters. I'm willing to bet there's not a chance in hell Landon or Mikaela are free or willing to do this for us right now."

He made direct eye contact with Auguste, singling out the most seemingly unenthusiastic member of this impromptu damage control squad. "If we're really going to pull this off, we need to act quickly. I refuse to have my name attached to any form of performing arts train wreck around here. So, run! Go do things!" He rather ungratefully turned to Ezra and jabbed a finger into him. His firm torso almost hurt to ram an index finger into, especially for Chas' delicate, manicured hands. "No deadweight. We manage to salvage this and we'll be local legends."

With that, he turned around and cupped his hands around his mouth to amplify his speech. "You! Event techs!" he shouted, demandingly beckoning for a pair of festival crew to come closer. "There's been a change of plans. I need people. Lots of them." He pointed a finger at Ezra and Auguste. "These are my production managers. They can point you in the right direction. They'll tell you the lighting, set pieces, and props we need. Gather your best team and tell them to haul ass with every dolly they can get their hands on."

He nodded to Alex, who he ordered to calm her nerves with a stern glare. "That's my co-director-slash-stage manager. She knows where the sound files should be on my laptop. Get her in contact with whoever's in charge of programming here now. We need to change this entire space, starting with the removal of that gigantic projector screen. We won't be needing it anymore."

Satisfied with his authoritative, questionably-comprehensible tirade, Chas whipped out his cell phone and scrolled through his texts. "As for me, the heads of my new crew of twenty-five people minimum, I will be going on break to find the nearest coffee-fetching assistant..." His eyes flitted over to Auguste for half a second. "...and a week's supply of Adderall." He clasped his hands together, plastering on a fake smile. "I'll see you all in thirty!"

code by valen t.

Lydia Fox

Sometimes.

Sometimes she questioned herself. It was rare. A myth really, but when it came to Lindsay Kay, she had to claim insanity. A momentary lapse in judgement that lasted a couple years. It was the only explanation as to what she ever saw in him. Her brows furrowed as he dangled the half-eaten, lint-covered chocolate bar in her face.

“You’re keeping tabs?!” Did he not know her at all? Maybe the old Lydia was a little more forgiving. A little more willing to put up with his Beverly Hills Chihuahua energy. “I mean, next thing I know you’re gonna be asking for your yellow scrunchie from sophomore year.” Her face hardened and her eyes narrowed. “I loved that scrunchie you ass.” She huffed. There was something about thirty bucks, but it was irrelevant. Lin had always prided himself on being an “expert” criminal. But thirty dollars? She probably didn’t even know it was missing. Come to think of it, she doesn’t remember the last time she even carried cash.

“Chocolate, though. Hah? Haaah? It’s eateeen off of, oooooh. You could sell it to one of my stans for, like, a solid couple of bucks, if ya wanted, but I’d suggest just eating it, luhmao — c’monnn, c’mon, you know you want iiiit.”

Her face contorted as he resorted to waving the chocolate bar in her face again. “Lindsay, I swear to god they’ll have to surgically remove that piece of candy from your ass if you don’t get it out of my face.” It came off more playful than menacing. Almost reminiscent of old times when he’d piss her off and then annoy her until she forgave him.

It wasn’t working. She wouldn’t let it.

What was she doing here? They weren’t friends. She definitely had places to be. Or at least that’s what she was going to tell him. End this interaction before it goes sour. They didn’t do polite conversation. It wasn’t their style these days. She groaned as he took a bite of the chocolate bar. “Promise me you’ll rinse your mouth out with peroxide before you kiss anyone.” She was pretty sure that would be his cause of death.

Lindsay Morgan Kay. Death By Expired Chocolate.

Ironically, Lin would probably love to go out eating candy. He’d definitely be on the other side talking about how bad ass he was and that he just made three dollars and a fruit by the foot —acting like he’d won the state lottery. Maybe it was slightly amusing. Lydia would never admit it.

“You shoulda seen me, dude!” A small smile formed on her lips. This was the Lin she remembered. This was the Lin that was her friend. The Lin that was…whatever he was. It’d been so long since either of them would let themselves be instead of putting on a front. She wasn’t going to lie, it was nice. A breath of fresh.

“I was up there, and the lights were like nnts nnts nnts and I was like, Laaaaaa, and then when it ended, I did the whole Freddy Mercury power pose, luhmao, and the crowd went fucking wild — crowd was wild the whole time, though, luhmao! A lot of them were, like, screeching the lyrics and shit — it was fucking sick, dude! You should of been there!”

“Next time.” She blurted out without really thinking about it. Apparently they were getting along now and she wasn’t quite sure when or why that even happened. Yes, she cut him some slack with the interview. Saved his ass. But did that just wipe away the last six months?

“You’re doing some…” He swallowed, waving the mostly-eaten bar at her, as his brows knit together with curiosity. “Whaddo you Lit-ty kiddies even do for Arts Fests, luhmao?” He took another bite of the chocolate. “Eh, whatever. When’s that whatever-you’re-doing happening, eh?”

She rolled her eyes. “I submitted a short film.” She said confidently. She was proud of it. It was simple. Starring the one and only Dorian Harlow. Yeah, he was her ex, but they were still friendly. And he did an amazing job. She was so excited for everyone to see it. “The viewing is in an hour.” She said with a shrug. She had some time to kill. “But it doesn’t have any explosions or car chases, so I’m thinking it’s not gonna be on your Summer Blockbuster list.” She joked.

Her dads weren’t in town…again…but she was able to send them a copy. Of course they were proud. Ecstatic. Would have been nice to hear that in person, but beggars can’t be choosers. A look of confussion washed over her face as Lin searched his bag frantically. “Ayo, gimme your hand. Hold it out. Do it, do it.”

She took a deep breath and head out her hand. “If you put a half eaten piece of candy in my hand, you’re a dead man, Kay.” She watched as she placed a party-sized Twix in her hand and a small smile formed. “There. Lil’ right Twix. As thanks.” He had remembered which was probably the most shocking thing. When they were friends, he never remembered anything like that.

She looked up at him. “Now, it was all worth it.” She joked. It wasn’t. And she intended to collect. “You still owe me.” She said as she opened the piece of candy and took a bite. “But the candy might make me go a little easier on you.” She let out a small laugh. “What’s the plan for the rest of the festival?” She didn’t know why she was asking. Maybe they were cordial. But they weren’t friends. They weren’t anything. A mini-Twix and an okay conversation wasn’t going to change that.

mood
pissed

outfit
clothes duh

playing...
Kiss the Girl

by The Little Mermaid​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Lin

tags

ditto ditto
º º code by ditto º º

Lucky DuBois

It wasn’t a big deal.

Dead mom flower was just a gesture. Something to give Ash confidence. Something to keep his mind off all the bad shit. It wasn’t lost on him that restarting a tradition that died when his mother did shouldn’t provide comfort, but despite his usual stance on the issue, it did. Usually, any mention of parental figures sent him on a spiral where he fought, fucked or both— usually someone entirely inappropriate.

And he was going on a tangent he wouldn’t recover from. “Roses are cool,” Lame. He was sure she meant to say lame. Trash. Definitely the trashiest flower there is. “But like, this is…I don’t know, I’ve never gotten one of these. It’s pretty.” He smiled. “I’m glad you like it.” He said as he leaned back slightly. “It’s pretty rare. Had to scale a mountain. Fight off a hellhound. Destroy a death star.” He waved his hand. “It wasn’t a big deal.” He winked as she pulled him in a tight hug.

His arms wrapped around her. “Thank you, though. Like seriously, that’s like…one of the nicest things I think I’ve ever gotten, especially before a show.” He gave her a soft squeeze before they pulled apart. “We got up your standards, Blair.” He joked —his attempt at keeping things light.

"That's sweet, though. Like of your mom -- getting those for you." She smiled softly and, to busy her hands, she started messing around with Lucky's jacket and shirt, smoothing them down so it looked better -- not that it had looked bad in the first place. "I'll have to, like, start getting them for you when I umm... come to see your open mic nights."

“Oh yeah? You think you can take on a hellhound?” A smile formed on his lips as she fidgeted with his jacket. She was nervous. He knew she’d be nervous, but she was really fucking nervous. It astonished him. She was seasoned. She’d done this countless times before. And the most baffling part was that she was incredible. Like, seriously. Have you heard this girl sing? “Cause that is something I’d pay to see.” He smirked.

Another tug one his jacket and his eyes met hers. “You’re not gonna get too, like, hot with this on stage, right?” He shook his head no. “I’d really rather not go out there and have you just, like, collapse on stage from heat exhaustion or whatever it is.”

He mused. He could make countless jokes. Tease her incessantly. The girl did basically ask him to strip down…again. She should have paid attention to the first show. A small smile formed on his face as he stared into her eyes. “You’re nervous.” It was playful, not accusatory. Sympathetic. Anyone with eyes could tell she was panicking.

“You know we’ve got this, right?” He searched her eyes. The answer was clear as day.

She didn’t.

She had no fucking idea.

“Look..” He grabbed her hand and softly placed it on his chest directly over his heart. “…you feel that?” He looked down at her. “Steady. Cool as a cucumber one might say.” He smiled. “And you know why?” He was gonna answer regardless. “You.” He rolled his eyes at her expected look of disbelief. “Cause you wrote a banging song. You have a killer voice. And you have been carrying my ass through this entire process.” Maybe he was slightly over exaggerating that last part, but her being a nervous wreck on stage wasn’t going to be good for either of them.

“It's just like another rehearsal.” He placed his other hand on her shoulder. “Just you and me. No one else matters.” He smiled. “Pretend like they are not there. If you feel yourself getting lost, just find me. I got you.” He said as he gave her hand a gentle squeeze. Their gaze went on longer than he expected.

He cleared his throat and let go over her hand on his chest. “How was that? Did I battle off those nerves? As pep talks go, I’d give it a solid 8.5/10.” He joked as he fiddled with his jacket.

mood
restless...not nervouslocation
dressing room

outfit
looking good

playing...
Drowning

by Olivia Holt & Ross Lynch

mentions
na

interactions
Ashtags
Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

Ashton West

Instead of answering her question about whether or not the jacket would be too hot (which, also, was a valid concern and not a reason to get him to strip, because why would she want to see more of him? She could've very easily seen him in his underwear just a few minutes ago, but she'd kept her eyes covered for a good reason), he instead pointed out the obvious. Or, well, she'd thought that she was keeping her cool pretty well, but apparently she wasn't at all.

“You’re nervous.”

She glanced from the jacket to look up at his face, and a weak little smile formed on her lips. Ash let out a small, uncomfortable laugh, followed by a "Is it that obvious?"

“You know we’ve got this, right?” He asked, and when his eyes met hers, she broke the gaze and looked down towards the ground at their feet instead.

Her lips were parted to speak, but no words came out.

No, of course she didn't know, because how could she?

“Look...” He grabbed her hand and placed it so she could feel the beat of his heart underneath her fingers, which just caused her own heart to beat faster in response. “…you feel that?” He asked, and she hesitantly looked up to meet his gaze again. “Steady. Cool as a cucumber one might say. And you know why?”

Ash shook her head slightly in response. Sure, she had ideas. The main one? He'd never performed, so he had no idea of everything that could go so terribly wrong.

“You.”

Her eyebrows knitted together in confusion, because that just didn't make sense.

“Cause you wrote a banging song. You have a killer voice. And you have been carrying my ass through this entire process.”

She managed a soft, confused laugh in response.

Her song was childish, and her voice was subpar at best. Obviously, clearly to her, Lucky really had no idea what he was talking about, or he was just saying all of this to be really nice. Either way, it was appreciated, even if it didn't really do anything to help calm her frayed nerves.

“It's just like another rehearsal.” He placed his other hand on her shoulder. “Just you and me. No one else matters.” He smiled. “Pretend like they are not there. If you feel yourself getting lost, just find me. I got you.” He said as he gave her hand a gentle squeeze.

All Ash could really manage then was a little nod of her head. Their gaze stayed locked a little longer than was probably normal, but hey, Ash was trying to find some kind of relief in his gaze.

He let go of her hand on his chest and for a brief moment, she let her hand remain resting there. Calm, calm, calm. She tried to get her own pounding heart to slow down, but there was no way it was happening, and she dropped her hand away from his chest.

“How was that? Did I battle off those nerves? As pep talks go, I’d give it a solid 8.5/10.” He joked.

Ash rolled her eyes, a little smile on her lips. "Solid 6/10, at best," she joked back with a sigh as the smile faltered on her lips. She glanced down and noticed that he was also fiddling with his jacket. She looked back up at him, her head tilting slightly to the side as she studied his face.

"You're totally nervous, too," she remarked, which shouldn't've been a surprise at all -- and like, it wasn't, because who wouldn't be nervous right now? But it was sweet that he was trying to act cool and calm, as if that'd somehow make her feel better which, surprise surprise, it didn't.

She reached out and took his hand in hers, her fingers lacing through his, and she gave his hand a little squeeze as if that would somehow make him feel better. There was a calmer smile on her face, because like, it was almost nice to know that she wasn't the only one that was super nervous.

"You know, someone like... told me it's only three minutes," Ash said, repeating Trevor's words. She took in a deep breath, and exhaled slowly as she reached up and rested her other arm on his shoulder. By now, the distance between them, which had been steadily shrinking, was basically non-existent. Barely room for Jesus, as they say. "So if it goes, like... umm, like, really badly, it's only three minutes... I guess..." she shrugged.

That wasn't making her feel much better, and her stomach did a little flip. Her teeth bit into her bottom lip.

"And, like, I guess, the front row is just gonna be like... just our friends. Or, like, my friends. Like, Newt and Trevor both said they were gonna be like... right front row, so I'm going to be looking for them if it gets bad. And you've got your aunt, so like... that's good."

"But you know if, like, if you get really nervous out there, you can just find me, too," Ash pointed out. She let her hand, which had been resting on his shoulder, slide down to rest against his chest again, and her finger lightly tapped against his chest. "Like... I'll be fine after we get out there. I've done this like, umm... like so many times before, like... usually by myself, so I'll... I'll be fine." She promised.

And she did know that was true.

"Solid 10/10 pep talk, right?"

mood
great

outfit
sparkles

playing...
Drowning
by Ash and Lucky obviously​

mentions
Trevor, Newt

interactions
Lucky

tags
gh0stwriter gh0stwriter

º º code by ditto º º

Lucky DuBois

“Solid 6/10, at best.” He let out a small huff of a laugh. This girl was definitely hard to impress. Or she was sincerely lacking any amount of self-confidence. His guess was the latter. Not that he was trying to impress her. But assure her that he wasn’t the fuck up everyone thought he was. That he wasn’t just scholarship loser looking to make something of himself.

It’s what everyone thought. He wasn’t blind nor was he naive. People like him had to work one hundred times harder than those with the added benefit of being rich or having connections in the industry. Usually it was both.

His smile fell. “You’re totally nervous, too.” He gave her a confounded look. “I am not.” He said though for the first time, he wasn’t sure if it was actually true or just what he told himself so he wouldn’t focus on the huge opportunities doing well would provide him. “Cool as a cucumber.” He slapped a smile on his face. He knew she’d see right through it.

He searched her eyes for any signs that she was buying his act, but it fell the minute he felt her hand in his. Their fingers intertwined. And the gentle, reassuring squeeze. Their eyes met, a genuine smile on her face. Was she trying to comfort him now? Had the roles been reversed?

“You know, someone like…told me it’s only three minutes,” He perked up. What sage advice did she have to offer? His thumb caressing her hand as is if had a mind of its own. The non-existent distance wasn’t lost on him. “So if it goes, like…umm, like, really badly, it’s only three minutes…I guess…” A grin formed on his face as he leaned his forehead against the top of her head.

“That…is horrible advice.” He stated with a soft chuckle, his free hand coming up to rest on her waist. “Who gave this sound advice? The grim reaper of dreams?” He joked. Who sets someone up to think they are going to do poorly or not perform well. Sure, shit happens and you have to be prepared for those bad days, but…damn. Sounds like eeyore could use a happy pill.

"And, like, I guess, the front row is just gonna be like... just our friends. Or, like, my friends. Like, Newt and Trevor both said they were gonna be like... right front row, so I'm going to be looking for them if it gets bad. And you've got your aunt, so like... that's good."

Always the pessimist. He got it. He understood why she did it. If you don’t expect great things to happen to you, you will never get disappointed. He lived that life. He lived that life every day.

“But you know if, like, you get really nervous out there, you can just find me, too,” He inhaled deeply as he felt her hand slide down to rest on his chest. He could feel his heartbeat increase with every tap of her finger. Maybe he was nervous after all. He swallowed hard, her finger acting like the hands of a clock winding down until it was showtime. What show is he talking about? That remains to be seen.

“Like…I’ll be fine after we get out there. I’ve done this like, umm…like so many times before, like…usually by myself, so I’ll…I’ll be fine.” A smile graced his face. “You don’t gotta convince me, Blair. Never a doubt in my mind.” He said as he took a deep breath.

“Solid 10/10 pep talk, right?” A chuckle escaped his lips. He rolled his eyes, mirroring her previous attack on his attempt.

“It started off pretty weak, but…” He squeezed her waist gently. “…you made a decent comeback. A solid 6.5/10.” He teased as he lifted his head to catch her gaze and the obvious argument, but he spoke before she could get it out.

“You lost points with ‘the three minutes of bad thing’.” He said with a small shrug. His gaze softened. “Cause you and I both know nothing we do could be a bad thing.” He wasn’t wrong. They were both talented. They were both hot. He said it before and he’d say it again. They got this.

He cleared his throat. “So, I was thinking…”

KNOCK. KNOCK.

Lucky turned his head toward the door and felt Ash push away from him.

“You’re on in five.”

He turned his attention back to her. “Looks like it’s showtime.”

mood
restless...not nervouslocation
dressing room

outfit
looking good

playing...
Drowning

by Olivia Holt & Ross Lynch

mentions
na

interactions
Ashtags
Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

Dangerously Soft
Amethyst Jones
@If.U.Seek.Amy has set their status to:
It all comes down to this...

@If.U.Seek.Amy has set their outfit to:
Performance outfit

@If.U.Seek.Amy has set their location to:
Apartment

@If.U.Seek.Amy has mentioned:
Remi, Lin, Javi, Dei,

@If.U.Seek.Amy has interacted with:
Charlie ( geminiy geminiy )
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗
♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗ ♗

Amy did actually wish that she could just stay here and spend the day with Charlie. Who wouldn't wanna take a break and just hang out with the best friend a girl could ever ask for? Sure this year had been a lot on both of them so far and they'd had some...strained moments...but they worked through them as always and Amy liked to believe they were stronger then ever for it.

Because isn't that what friendship is? Real friendship is working through the rough patches and not giving up because you make a choice to keep fighting to keep that person in your life because of how much they mean to you. Charlie meant the absolute world to Amy and so she'd always be willing to fight to keep that.

Times like this where it was just them, and the rest of the world and it's pressures seemed so far away were the best. Just laying here on her bed giggling away with Charlie's legs across her was bliss. As Charlie began speaking and painting a wonderful picture of them damn near eloping from this whole thing Amy giggled and closed her eyes trying to imagine it.

“We hop a plane, call this whole Art Fest thing off. We buy adjoining mansions on some tropical island because why not? And then we start up a business or something, no dirty money to keep us rich and wealthy. We settle down, raise some kids, become the queens of the island. It would be awesome. No rules, no judging, no school, no societal pressures. Just you, me, Linny, some little gremlin children, and all sun and sand.”

It was a tempting offer. Other then the forever 3rd wheeling and babysitting gig at least. "We'd have to bring Remi along too because I love you and Lin but being a 3rd wheel for life isn't a good look." She giggled. And she did. Imagining a life like that? Having everything they could ever want? Having her favorite humans all together in one place? Cute tiny tots that were miniature them's running around? Sounded amazing right now. That felt like she made it.

It wasn't too unrealistic right? They were both planning on being a hit in the music industry which could totally help supply that money bit of things, as well as starting private business on the side for extra money. Lin apparently was already on board because of course he was. Remi had already even mentioned wanting a future together...mind you he was apparently drunk as hell while sending the message, but didn't that just mean he really meant it?! Love, Life, Family...a dream come true.

A dream she definitely wanted to make a reality, "I like it though. Let's do it! Just...not now." She chimed grinning because there was no way to do all of that right now, and it was of course just wishful procrastinating ramblings at the moment.

“Ugh, fine. I guess the plan can wait. I guesssssssssssss we can make it through Art Fest first.”

She giggled at her friends antics that never seemed to get boring. Including but not limited to the girl popping up to browse her closest like it was her own. Charlie never really seemed to grasp personal space, but Amy didn't mind. Charlie was the first super close female friend She'd ever had so at this point she thought that was normal.

Sure she had some good friends in middle school, but they didn't even talk anymore. She wondered from time to time how any of them were doing. If they were ok. Especially the one she was closest too. He had a rough family life and the meanest older brother imaginable. She hoped by now he'd found a way away from it all. Sometimes she felt bad for not keeping in touch like she should've but there was nothing that could be done about it now.

“Meh, I’m just there because I have to be. I’d much rather be touring somewhere, livin’ life, forgetting about all the stupid high school shit, ya know? But who knows? Maybe we’ll find ourselves some next tier managers and move on up in the world. Oooooh, what about a reality TV show? Like The Kardashians meets Golden Girls. Picture it: Howell and Jones: Hit the Road. Dude, we’d be legends!”

Another thing to admire about Charlie? Her limitless creative imagination. "Hit the road huh?." She smiled taping her finger against her cheek in thought. "I don't know if I have enough sass for reality shows, but maybe we could do something like that. A road trip I mean! If we don't wind up touring this summer or something we should go on a road trip vacation together. We can record and stuff ourselves honestly." She chimed thinking that'd actually make a pretty cool music video or something, but more then anything it just sounded fun.

Charlie eventually put the coat back and Amy giggled shaking her head, "I don't know what you're talking about you look super cute and trendy in anything." She still never understood Charlies claim at Amy's hotness or goddess like beauty. Ok maybe she was exaggerating...but was she? Have you heard how much and how often Charlie talks her up?

Did Amy think she was ugly? Of course not.

Did she think she was a drop dead gorgeous goddess who could rock whatever whenever and had quote 'half the school' wanting her? Absolutely not.

Amy didn't see herself as hot or sexy. She was cute, adorable, pretty, and beautiful...but hot and sexy? Not so much. Those were adjectives people used to describe people like Gen or Evie most of the time, not her. Also if half the school wanted her why did she only have two previous boyfriend both of which choose not to be with her? Ok, she dumped Dei but let's be real, he'd have dumped her soon anyways if she was pathetic enough to try and stay with him after being caught cheating red handed.

Point was guys didn't really want her like that. She was friendly and kind so sure a lot of people in general liked being around her, but that's different then them wanting to be with her. She was rarely flirted with like most girls around here she knew, except the playful antics of guys like Javi from time to time. Even that wasn't anything meaningful. He just liked joking around with her and they were friends (well she thought so she wasn't sure if he felt the same). It's why Remi's confession was such a shock.

Amy bit her lip lightly and shrugged bashfully as Charlie looked at her in that signature pose saying her whole name before busting out laughing at the name she'd given her closest. It was a cute name not gonna lie and if Amy ever opened a boutique chain she'd consider it. Hey it could be the business she was talking about opening earlier. She knew nothing about running a boutique, but hey she knew nothing about being a singer 3 years ago and look were she is now? Three years from now? Who knows.

Luckily Charlie saw things her was since Amy wasn't going to just accept a "you're beautiful in everything you wear so whatever" type shtick. Amy waited as Charlie looked over the two options trying to gauge her reaction upon laying eyes on each one.

"I think you’d look great in both but let’s be real here, I think you’d look great in literally anything. I’m thinking garbage bag chique next performance, eh? Really hit em with the Glad Forceflex, ya know?”

Amy rolled her eyes playfully, "Not helping Char. Though I have heard about ABC parties where you wear outfits made of anything that's not clothes like caution tape or curtains, and stuff. A show based on that would be funny right? I mean if they can do it on...what's that show?" She snapped her fingers a few times trying to remember since it wasn't something she watched often, "Project runway! They do that kinda stuff! We can too." She hummed actually falling for the slight side track.

“I’d go for the original. There’s extra spice in that one, it would match your song better. Now,”

She knew she should've just listened to her gut instinct from the get go since it was made before any performance day panic set in. Amy grinned and quickly put the second option back in her closest for another day and came back to Charlie sitting in her desk chair.

“you gotta help me with the hair sitch. The ol’ manager wants it up for added sex appeal because, you know, a sixteen year old needs sex appeal apparently, but I’m kinda feeling it down. Thoughts from the Amy House of Cosmetology? Wait, lemme just…”

Before Amy could say a thing she'd dipped out of the room. Using this brief bit of time Amy started getting dressed herself in her outfit since they really should be getting out of here soon if they are going to not only make their performances but be able to catch a few of their friends too. In what felt like a blink of an eye she'd come back posing like a god damn super model for her.

Charlie was seriously an amazing individual and Amy was in awe of her every day. Her quick changes just being another thing to be amazed by since Amy was still putting on her pants when she popped in. Charlie sat back down in the same chair so Amy finished buttoning up her bottoms to take a good look at her. "Hmmmm." She hummed a bit before grabbing her shirt to toss on before walking back over to Charlie and resting her chin on the top of her head.

"They are crazy because you are dripping with all the sex appeal we need at 16. Plus isn't down sexier? Little wave in it? I always feel up... with the exception of pony-tails, felt more...mature but not necessarily sexy." She stood back up straight.

"If you really wanna kinda appease them we could do a half up half down so your face is framed as if your hair is up, but you still get to show off your length." She smirked twirling a few of Charlies golden strands of hair around her finger tips, "However if we don't give a damn about that stuff ole manager of yours I vote down. We could straighten it so it's still different then your every day look and face frame it, and make your make-up pop." She explained herself, "Plus with this hood if you take it on and off getting into the groove an up style might get messed up in the process." She added in taking into account her outfit.

It was weird being able to talk like this now. If you'd asked the same question three years ago before coming to this school her answer would've been a shrug and pointing at her own everyday messy pony-tail. She knew nothing about being stylish, or what the public liked or wanted. She had no idea that different hair styles looked better on certain facial structures.

She looked in the mirror now and sometimes she really didn't recognize the girl looking back at her and she wasn't sure yet if she was ok with that or not. She wasn't sure if she was growing up, or just growing apart. Not that today of all days was a day to dwell on that.

Once Charlie made her choice Amy went to work and the two girls finished getting dressed together. Amy went ahead as they were finishing up and ordered an Uber to come get them since Trevor was clearly already gone. They had a little bit of time to spare it seemed before getting there. She grinned looking over at Charlie, "We look amazing Char! We have to get a picture!"
º º code by ditto º º

LINDSAY MORGAN KAY

Listen, Lindsay Kay had unlocked the secrets to the universe — yes, all of them.

Duh. Obviously, luhmao — Lin was a god amongst men, didn’t you know? Ess-em-aych, get your facts straight.

And aight, okay, just ‘cuz you were listening to him right now, he would impart some of his godlike wisdom on you.

Aight, so first things first, jelly on toast does stick to bald dudes’ heads when thrown at a distance. Trust him.

Second things second, if you were gonna lick an outlet, you had to do it with stealth.

And finally — the biggest secret of all — candy always made things better.

You were sad? Eat candy. You were mad? Eat candy. You were down bad? Eat candy.

You were living your best life? Duh, you were eating candy.

And you wanted someone to be happy or happy with you? Give them some candy.

It was a foolproof plan. Obviously. ‘Cuz it was a secret of the universe. Duhhh.

If it didn’t work on you, shrug. He didn’t know. Sounded like a you problem — suck his butt, luhmao.

Lydia looked up at Lin. “Now, it was all worth it.” ‘course, she sounded like she was joking, but Lin knew the truth — obviously his universe brain god knowledge of the secrets of the world and his gift of the Twix had worked on her — ess-em-aych, just listen to her. “You still owe me,” she said, opening the candy and taking a bite, “but the candy might make me go a little easier on you.” She laughed a small laugh, and he chuckled, his grip slipping back to its usual toothy, playful state and out of the softness for a moment before he frowned dramatically, slumping his shoulders.

“Ess-em-ayyyyych,” he huffed. “Ess-em-aych-ess-em-aych-ess-em-ayyyyyych, Lydieeee, just follow the will of Almighty Twix and pardonne-moi d-e-b-t, p-l-z, oooooh.” He wiggled his fingers, as if he were trying to hypnotize her with their movement, feigning seriousness. He broke the disappointed character for a moment to cackle quickly, and then he resumed the same, dramatic, sagging posture. “You know you waaaaant toooooooo, ess-em-aych-ch-ch-ch-ch…” The end of his chhing trailed off as Lin grew tired of this strain of taunting, his slumped shoulders raising back to their usual, peppy position.

“I got s’more candy, if you want it.” He shrugged, and he turned to the side to open his satchel’s flap again. When he whipped back around to face Lydia, there were a couple of Ziplock bags of gummy worms between his fingers. “I’m fully stocked, luhmao — can’t come unprepared, ya know.”

“What’s the plan for the rest of the festival?” Lydia asked as he pocketed one of the bags in his pants and shoved the last of the chocolate bar in his mouth.

He crumpled the wrapper in his hand, chewing the big mouthful with a rather blank expression on his face. He dropped the wrapper into his satchel as he swallowed the bite. He raised his eyebrows at her, cocking his head slightly and holding up a finger to signal hold up a sec as he ran his tongue along his teeth to get out the bits of chocolate.

Once he decided he'd sufficiently cleaned out his chompers, Lin dropped his hand, and then paused a couple of beats. It was almost as though you could see the cogs turning in his head as he tried to remember Lydia’s question, and then, when he finally did, he laughed. “You know that Zeph dude? Big tall guy, kinda doesn’t talk much and kinda seems to not talk to many people? Yeah, that dude — dancer guy? Aussie, mate?” He put on an accent for the last bit of information, and then he nodded to himself. “Uh-huh, that guy and me are big buds now — eh, I’m kinda his mentor, sensei, teacher, ya know, showing him the ropes of being dope, getting him as gnarly as me and Charlie, giving him a lick at being sick, luhmaooo. ”

He shrugged again. “Yeah, me and him are besties for the resties, and I’m teaching him how to be just like me. Mini-Lin. Mini Linny, luhmaooo. ‘cept not really a clone of me. Like, a Zeph version. Like, I’m just giving him some tips. Bringing him into his own, luhmao. Helping him blossom, like a Lindsay Kay-shaped flower.”

Obviously he had to flex. Duhhhhh.

He grinned for a moment, and then he said, “How ‘bout yours, huh? Probably nothing cool like mine, but whatcha doiiin’, huh, huh?”

mood
flexing

outfit
feesh

playing...
voldemort
by lindsay kay​

mentions
zeph & charlie

interactions
lydia

tags
gh0stwriter gh0stwriter

º º code by ditto º º

Elizabeth Sterling

Oh my god.

Beth knew that she shouldn't have been so overly annoyed by her sister, but she was. She couldn't help it -- her sister was just too much sometimes, and right now was one of those times. Like, there were just times where she tended to get so underneath Beth's skin that she couldn't handle it.

So, she was still staring down her sister, her arms crossed over her chest, her eyes narrowed. Her jaw was tightly clenched and she was pressing her tongue against the front of her teeth, as if that might somehow keep her from snapping at her sister -- obviously it wouldn't, but one could hope.

“You don’t have to worry about it, Lizzie,” she said. “He’ll show up right on time, so just suck it up and shut it up.”

Doubt it, Beth thought, but she didn't say it aloud. See? She could be so thoughtful and good to her sister, such as now when she was keeping her harsh opinions to herself. It would've been so easy for her to spit out just how she felt but no, she'd kept it to herself.

Clearly, she was the better of the Sterling siblings simply because she was putting poor Tori's feelings above her own harshly felt opinions about their father.

“He’ll be here any minute,” Tori continued and to Beth, her tone reminded her of some little kid that was, like, waiting for a parent to return home -- like one that had left to buy milk, and then just never walked back through the doors.

Beth almost pitied her older sister.

“I told him to meet us here, too, so… I think he said he was bringing gifts for us, or at least for me. Senior year, you know.”

"Is it really? I had no idea," she replied, her gaze narrowing.

Honestly, she could care less if her dad brought her a gift or not -- it was what it was, and she was fifteen now (almost sixteen), so like... she was a little too old for gifts, anyway. Like, gift giving was for children, and for childish people like Tori who, for some reason, actually liked getting gifts or whatever.

Nope, she wasn't hurt at all.

“Jeez, there are so many people.” Tori sighed, and then she started like, bitching about how their parents would probably find each other first, and then that would turn into a fight, and blah, blah, blah...

Beth had really stopped listening at some point and kind of just spaced out, plus there was a woman walking through the crowd that looked familiar. She couldn't quite tell yet if that was in fact their mother, so Beth kept staring, her eyebrows drawn together as she studied the figure... and then she turned just enough for Beth to recognize her. Her eyes lit up, and she looked towards Tori -- who was still droning on -- with a smug smile.

"Look," she said and pointed across the way at their mother. "See that's what it means to actually be on time." And then, super, super maturely, Beth stuck her tongue out at her sister, and then she took off across the theater floor, weaving her way through the other people until she got to their mother.

After a couple minutes of exchanged hugs and greetings that Beth's roleplayer simply doesn't feel like typing out, Beth led her mother back over to Tori.

"Tori," their mother greeted with a smile, and then she pulled her oldest daughter into a tight hug.

See how nice this was? And Tori wanted to ruin it by inviting their dad.

mood
ugh

outfit
classy

playing...
It's Still Cool If You Don't
by Briston Maroney​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Tori

tags
ditto ditto

º º code by ditto º º

• how she's feeling...

over it

STASSI

Junior(18)- Model - Golden Goddess

She could probably grab a rock, throw it and hit someone who was associated with one of her issues. As those hazel green eyes cut through the darkness of her room, pupils fixated on a single part of the ceiling. She was sober. Something she hadn’t been doing a lot lately. There was a lot going on and as much she wanted to lie and say that she needed more percs for her knee pain. It just wasn’t true.

Besides, the effort she had to put in to get high off percs at this point wasn’t worth it. Her tolerance had built up when she was using it when she actually needed it and plateaued when she started to use it recreationally. So the harder stuff came in the form in a few lines, a couple of bumps. If she was going to get back to competitive skating she was going to have to lay off. They tested.

Her phone vibrated on her stomach and normally in this situation it would have caused her to jump, but she was hyper focused on that special part of the ceiling that actually didn’t have anything special about it. So instead of being startled and having her body jerk, she slowly slid her hands from their resting place on her chest to her stomach. Raising her arms slowly lifting her phone and letting it hover above her face.

Yeah, today wasn’t the day she was going to get sober. You ever have one of those days when you know you had something to deal with that you just did not want to? So you avoid it and don’t think about it, but you know at some point it is an inevitability that you would have to face it? That’s what a message from her sister signaled. That it was time to deal with the giant, putrid elephant in the room.

It wasn’t Katya that was the issue. She wasn’t Stassi’s favorite person in the world, maybe not even top one million, but it wasn’t her that caused her issues. It was her parents. They were the cause for almost all the negative things in Anastasia’s life, save her injury. It wasn’t Katya’s fault she was adopted. In all honesty, it probably saved Katya’s life. Still – she was the one that replaced her. So accountable or not, she was a source of Stassi’s unhappiness.

She wasn’t alone in her disdain for her parents though. Her uncle, who had basically become her father, never liked his brother-in-law. Not even back in their time together on the same SPETSNAZ unit. Which was how he met his sister anyways. He had always thought he was a snake, just he would also do anything for his younger sister. Even if it meant taking a life. It was part of why he joined the KGB so he could spend as much time out of reach from Ilya as possible. Though, despite the nice payday, it was kind of Ilya’s fault that he had to move to America in the first place.

Her messages with Katya went just about as they normally did. She cancelled plans with her or ghosted her, depending on what they were supposed to do. This time it was going to see her little sister perform. Which, no thanks. She wasn’t a fan of her music and she was tired of hearing her all of the time in the home that they shared. She tried to bribe her by getting her out of dinner with the family, but that didn’t work so….she could suck it.

Oh, right. Her exchange with Jace. He could suck it too. He was one of her other issues, but she was just going to mute him which she ended up doing just minutes later. Yeah, she was stressed she needed something to take off the edge. So guess who got her next message? None other than javi, but he was busy. Something she’d join, but she wouldn’t make it in time, so maybe later.

Still. She needed to get to the Arts Fest anyways. She had to at least show face with her father so she could continue to get the checks from him. She had her own money, but believe it or not…figure skating wasn’t lucrative when you weren’t actually skating. Her sponsors wouldn’t pay again until she skated another event and so long story short. She needed the money from her father for the moment.

So up she got, out of her bed and on to her feet before sashaying across the room into her bathroom. A shower, sometime in the mirror for makeup, and some more time in the mirror for her hair. Both were very time-consuming tasks, but the results were always worth it.

There was a moment where she moved through the room again to her closet, skipping a little bit as she opened the door and stepped in. She surveyed the closet, looking for the right balance to wear to the arts fest. When she found it, she put it on and slid her boots on and then headed out to meet the driver, a short ride later and she was at the arts fest. Her third time around, but first where she wasn’t participating. Injury and all that.

When she got there, she tipped the driver and slid out the car and started to move amongst the crowd to no where in particular. She didn’t have a destination, and no where particular to be and nothing really interested her.

♡coded by uxie♡

Casey Clairmont

Huh? His injuries at the trampoline world? Why did Avery wanna know all about that? That was boring with a capital B. B-b-boring.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Casey said with a dismissive wave of his hand. "I gotta a real hard head," he explained and reached up, knocking his knuckles against his head for emphasis, and then he reached forward and knocked his knuckles against Avery's forehead with a laugh. "Ya probably know that, though, huh? 'Cause we went all," he leaned forward, pretending to bounce his head off of Avery's again, and then let out a chuckle.

"Anyway, yeah, yeah, I was all alright. And then there was this real pretty worker that came over and she took care of me, so it was all win-win." He explained with a nod of his head. "And then she was all omg you're Casey Clairmont, and I was all, omg I am, and then she was all can I take a picture with you? And I was all sure, so that's out there somewhere. She probably posted it somewhere with a caption like 'omg saved Casey Clairmont's gorgeous face today.'" He let out another laugh, 'cause there was no way that that had happened.

.... Probably.

Listen, Casey may've had a bit of an ego, but it was a well-earned ego at this point.

He was about to launch into another random story about his journeys of being such an amazing young rockstar (not popstar), but then walking up to them came... dun dun dun.

Drumroll, please.

Badumdumdumdum.

Bella! Woo!

"Bonjour mes partenaires.” Bella greeted, and she even smiled at them. “I am sorry for being so late.”

"Bella!" Casey greeted with a wide smile. He reached forward to try and give her a hug, but then he thought better of it and instead, he leaned back on his heels, and held out his fist for a friendly fist bump instead. And naturally, after she would've fistbumped him, he pulled his fist back into the little explosion hand gesture and added a quiet little explosion sound, because this was a place where he was supposed to be somewhat mature.

Somewhat.

Mature and business like.

Quiet explosions only.

"Are ya ready?" He asked, and Casey, who had rocked onto the back of his heels, now rocked forward to the balls of his feet and started bouncing up and down a tiny bit. "I am so ready. I've been practicing this all the time -- just ask Cami and Nellie. They're all omg Casey stopppp singingggg and I was all sorry can't, the music's in me and then I launched into that song. Like ya know, the one that's all I got the music in me, but don't worry, I ain't gonna do that today. Nope, sirree, not on this stage, I'll be keeping myself together for this one."

As if to prove his point, he gave an aggressive nod of his head, and then he did a little bounce past his companions.

"Ya guys ready? Ready to go in? We gotta sign in or something, I think. Ya both gonna be up there with me, yeah? Like backstage? Or are ya guys sitting in the audience?" As he realized that he wasn't really sure where they were going (and the idea that he wasn't going to have anybody backstage for once, when he was used to his whole family back there to support him), Casey seemed to deflate.

Just a tiny bit, and he kept that smile on his face.

Always grinning. That was Casey's motto.

mood
hypeeee

outfit
Cami said no band shirts

playing...
Valentine
by Casey Clairmont​

mentions
Cami, Nellie

interactions
Avery, Bella

tags
Xed Xed geminiy geminiy

º º code by ditto º º

Ashton West

No, no, no.

No, no.

No.

This was... this was wrong. Ash knew it was wrong, because at some point, it had changed from two friends comforting each other to something more. Not, not... not something more, and they were still just friends, but her breath was catching in her chest, and her heart was thrumming, and her stomach was doing flips.

His thumb brushing against her hand brought her back to reality, and then he leaned forward, his forehead pressing against hers. Her heart beat faster, her breathing was coming in shaky gasps, but for different reasons than before. He was so close, and this was so wrong.

Stop, stop, stop.

Pull away.

“That…is horrible advice.” Lucky said, and then his hand moved down to rest on her waist, and she felt frozen right here, in this spot practically pressed against him.

She was horrible, she sucked. This shouldn't be happening, she'd promised Trevor that anything like this wouldn't be happening, and she'd basically lied to him, and she... she... she sucked. Like he was supposed to take her on a date later, and she was still looking forward to that and yeah, as great as Lucky was or whatever, she still would've rather been in this position with Trevor. Like, not even rather.

Should've.

Like that was the only guy that should've been holding her like this, right?

Right.

Sorry, sorry, sorry.

“Who gave this sound advice? The grim reaper of dreams?”

No, no, my boyfriend.

Fuck.

Her mouth felt dry.

“It started off pretty weak, but…” He squeezed her waist gently, which just served as a guilty reminder of how close they were. “…you made a decent comeback. A solid 6.5/10.”

He lifted his head away from hers and caught her gaze. Her breath caught in her throat, and she found herself glancing at his lips before

“You lost points with ‘the three minutes of bad thing’.” He said. “Cause you and I both know nothing we do could be a bad thing.”

Well that was a damn lie. Exhibit A? Right fucking now, because this was a bad, bad, bad thing. The worst thing that she could've done. The guilt settled in the pit of her stomach like a rock, and she broke eye contact with him for a moment to look down, but just like... like seeing the lack of distance between the two of them? It just made the guilt heavier, so she lifted her gaze back up to Lucky's.

He cleared his throat. “So, I was thinking…”

There was a knock on the door, and the moment--

Not a moment, the mistake, the... the... the... whatever the hell had just been happening snapped. It shattered like glass, and Ash pulled quickly away from Lucky. Her breath, that she'd been unknowingly holding, escape in a quiet sigh, and she sucked in a deep breath of air.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

“You’re on in five.” Said the voice on the other side of the door.

"Okay, thanks," she called back, her voice wavering a bit.

Lucky looked back towards her. “Looks like it’s showtime.”

She couldn't do this, but now it was for different reasons than before.

But she couldn't back out, so she gave a smile and nodded her head.

"Give me, like, one minute," she said, and held up a finger.

Ash walked back over to the little vanity mirror and leaned forward to check her makeup. At least the makeup still looked decent, although her gaze caught on the flower that Lucky had gifted her for a moment, and the guilt in the pit of her stomach just started to churn more. She brought a hand up to mess with her hair, pulling some of it over her shoulders, her finger brushing through it, until she felt satisfied with how she looked, and then she straightened up, brushed down the fabric of her shirt, and then she turned towards Lucky with a small smile.

"Ready," she said with a shaky breath, and then she crossed through the room to the door of the dressing room. "Come on -- you remember, like, everything, right?" She asked as she pulled open the door of the dressing room and stepped out into the hall, where it was easier to not make any mistakes.

"I mean, like... like that's dumb, like..." Ash gave a little shake of her head as they started walking towards the backstage area. "Like of course you do, sorry... I'm just, just, like... still kind of nervous or whatever."

And guilty.

mood
guilty

outfit
sparkles

playing...
Drowning
by Ash and Lucky obviously​

mentions
Trevor

interactions
Lucky

tags
gh0stwriter gh0stwriter

º º code by ditto º º

Tilly Phoenix

Oh my god, did I just bow?

Damn it! Tilly promised herself the only person she'd ever bow for in any situation was her grandmother. She made this decision not because she didn't think it wasn't a respectful thing to do. Of course, with her mother and her mother's mother upbringing being very traditional and some of those values had been drilled into poor Tilly's head, she did it with the utmost respect. And because she was the one who didn't see where they were going and bonked her hard head with Bailey's equally sturdy one, it was the respectful thing to do.

But she knew how she got when she bowed for anyone who didn't know her, let alone someone who literally didn't know her.

Even now, she was cursing herself internally, looking only at Bailey's shoes, choosing to focus on them for the time being.

As she contemplated exactly how everything went wrong, Tilly honestly wasn't in a good place. She was stressed about her performance. She was stressed about the fact that her Obachan was here tonight. She was stressed that she might mess her performance up and embarrass herself. Stressed about how her parents were here, too and how they hadn't seen her in person since her second year at Hollywood Arts started.

And now she was in the embarrassing intermission period after bowing to a complete stranger and not at all sure if they thought she was weird--

Oh, who am I kidding? Of course they think I'm weird. I hit them with my head and I'm bowing.

"yeahhhh... it's cool... bro."

When Tilly hard Bailey speak, albeit what felt like the longest sequence of words ever, she immediately propped up, that expression of sincerity on Tilly's face. She wanted to smile but the only thing that she could muster was probably the real life representation of the pleading face emoji right down to the way the eyes looked as if they were watery.

"Sorry about your head."

Oh.

Wait, they're sorry?

Tilly brought her hands up, closing her eyes and smiling as she shook her head for a solid four seconds.

Yes. For four seconds.

"Oh no! It's not your fault at all! I wasn't, uhm..." Eyes opened and Tilly laughed nervously. "I wasn't watching where I was going and I guess the Universe decided today was the day I'd get bonked..."

Oh, God did you really just say bonked out loud? Now Bailey is gonna totally think you're weirder than before. Nobody says bonked in person.

"Where were you heading in a rush?"

Oh! That's right, Tilly was going somewhere.

"That's right!" She made a rather screechy "a-ha"-like sound as her mouth went open into an almost perfect o-shape. "My performance! I'm supposed to go on soon!" And there came more stress that she had nearly forgotten. How could something so important slip Tilly's mind?

"OH! And you were right! My name is Tilly!"

Yeah, talk about a really delayed response. So late that she was left standing after the bus came and went.

mood
I'm so sorry!

outfit
*smiles softly*

playing...
Heavy
by Linkin Park​

mentions
Bailey

interactions
Bailey

tags
qunqun qunqun

º º code by ditto º º

• how she's feeling...

the usual, depressed, but elated to see liv

Kaash

depression

She had not gotten a wink of sleep. The fact that she could even stand was a miracle. She had another show the night before, thanks to the newfound success of an old single. Thank You, Tik Tok. And while making money and building up her reputation even more was a huge plus, it was not what she wanted right now. She just wanted to sleep and work on music. You know what she couldn’t do if she was performing? You guessed it!

She had a stone look on her face as she stared off into the distance as she slowly lowered her behind onto one of her many stools at the bar in her kitchen. A brown hand slowly reached out towards a silver and blue aluminum can that she slowly raised to her lips.

SLURP. GULP

The sounds of her drinking were unusually loud- or maybe her loft was just unusually quiet. There wa something going in the background most of the time to dull out her overactive brain. She hadn’t got dressed yet, wearing nothing but a black sports bra and black compression shorts letting her curls fall wherever they felt like they should. She knew at some point she had to get a move on it, to see Liv’s show, but for now she was content just sitting with her thoughts.

Her hands ran across the bar, the ends of her digits feeling for something. When they bumped into something metal that made a clanging noise, a relived sigh escaped her barely ajar mouth. Those same hands grabbed the metal apparatus, a sailor moon themed rolling tray, sliding it to her before her fingers went to work.

Splitting. Gutting. Packing. Rolling and she had finished the task she had started. All that was left was the sailor moon themed lighter that she gripped with her hand. She raised the results of her work to her lips, and brought the lighter up and flicked it. The flame erupted and set a blaze the end of her treasure, as smoke slowly filled her lungs.

It was probably a mistake. It was indica dominant, it would make her sleepier, but…it would calm her nerves. So that was a risk she was willing to take.

After spending a few moments rising, she moved to her closet. She debated whether or not she should put on something more comfortable since she didn’t perform until later, and eventually the comfortable side won. She slid on a shirt and matching shorts, before some cool looking socks, and white air force ones. She moved to the bathroom to put on some very light makeup, and slide her grill in. Of course she moved back to the closet to put on a hat and shades, before texting her ‘assistant’

Outfit for the performance laid out on my bed. I’ll give you a temp key code and you come pick it up and put it in my dressing room for my art fest show.

She nodded to herself as she grabbed her car keys and headed to the elevator. She was excited and nervous. Her date with Liv had been everything. She hadn’t felt like that for anyone in a minute and she was excited to get to spend more time with her, even if it was backstage. But she was also nervous, she had not felt like that for anyone in a minute and she was concerned that it would end up badly. She and Newt worked hard on their song, coming up with the right balance between their two styles to make a cross-genre song. And they were going to live loop it! That was going to be awesome. Even if the words were inspired by Liv…she didn’t have to know that, right?

The ding of the elevator snapped her out of her thoughts as she moved towards her car. She supposed at this point she would need to add a more subtle car to her fleet since she was getting more recognition. That would wait though. For now, back in the loud old school was the music on blast. A zoot zoot, zoom zoom, and she was at the fest parked up.

Maybe hiring a driver would be appropriate soon. Either way, she moved through the crowds of people and then pass security before finally getting backstage to where Liv was. She slowly approached her, but halted when she started to mention she was getting dressed.

Then she retracted her statement then went on a bit of rambling. Kayla looked her over (having long before removed the shades) and mentally frowned. She looked drained. They matched in that regards, because Kayla couldn’t really hide hers either. Externally though, Kayla offered a large smile and moved closer towards her,
“It’s ok. I get it, my brain turns into mush when I think of you …”
Her words trailed off a bit as she glanced to the side, a bit embarrassed by her confession before she lifted her eyes back up,
” You look beautiful as always, but are you ok?”

♡coded by uxie♡

victoria shantel sterling​

Tori shifted her hands from her hips to cross across her chest, breathing out a deep sigh and sucking in her cheeks as she looked at her sister. “Beth, are you even listening to me?” She knew the answer already: ”hell no, Tori, I never listen to you, even though you always know better than me”. Rather than respond, Beth continued to look at some random spot in the crowd, as if she were in some sort of trance.

Yes, Tori had mostly been talking to herself with her little worrisome monologue, but she expected her sister to give at least some sort of comment on what she was saying. Plus, what if Tori had been talking about something important then? No, she hadn’t actually said anything important then, but her point still remained — what if she had? In that hypothetical situation, Beth would have completely missed it, and then — then — she’d whine about how Tori never told her whatever it was, like it was her fault that Beth hadn’t listened.

Ugh, see? See, so it was better to just always listen to Tori when she spoke — both out of, you know, common courtesy and also out of the fact that if you listened to her, she wouldn’t have to repeat what she said if it was important. But Beth didn’t seem to get that.

Not surprising. Beth didn’t seem to get most basic concepts.

The elder sister threw her hands in front of her, looking to the ceiling in frustration. “You’re the literal worst,” she muttered beneath her breath.

Look.”

Tori glanced back at her sister to see her smiling smugly and pointing across the way — at the approaching figure of Judy Sterling.

And listen, as much as she’d bitched about seeing her mother because of all of the issues that she knew it was going to cause, and even though she did still maintain everything that she’d said — you know, that Beth shouldn’t’ve invited her in the first place — Tori felt a soft, warm swell in her chest that made her smile slightly.

Because her mom was basically an adult version of her brat sister, but…well, fine, she’d admit that she loved her brat sister and her mom, too, she guessed.

“See that’s what it means to actually be on time,” said Beth, and then, proving Tori’s immature little brat point yet again, she stuck her tongue out at her, and Tori scoffed softly, rolling her eyes. Before she could say anything, the younger girl took off towards their mother, and Tori watched after her, her smile pressing into a flat line.

She glanced around at the passersby that Beth had shoved, many of which shot a glare back at the older girl, and Tori put a hand to her forehead, breathing out a sigh. Don’t look at me. I don’t claim her — I don’t even know her.

A small bundle of nerves tangled in her stomach now that the initial wave of warmth about her mother’s arrival had passed — emphasis on small, because Tori always had herself under control. Maybe there was a little bit of dread mixed in there, too, actually. Like, she hadn’t seen her mom in months, and…well, soon their dad would be joining them, and it was just…

Listen, it was nothing really to note, because it was nothing that Tori hadn’t dealt with before.

(Or so she could keep telling herself. It made her feel a little bit better, at least.)

Tori breathed out a sigh, tapping a heel and folding her hands in front of herself. She gnawed on the inside of her lower lip for a moment, and then she breathed out a soft sigh, beginning to recite her mantra beneath her breath, her lips just barely moving and her eyes looking around to make sure that no one was staring at her as she did: “You’ve got this…it’s going to be okay, you’ve got this…you can handle this, Tori, it’s nothing new…”

“Tori,” came her mother’s voice, and the girl turned just in time to catch a glimpse of the smiling woman before she was tugged into a tight hug.

A smile spread across Tori’s face, even though she struggled slightly to breathe. If there was one thing that she’d inherited from her mom, it was her hugging abilities. “Mom,” she said in a warm, friendly voice, wrapping her arms around her mom and nestling her chin in her shoulder for a moment, patting her back, “hey.”

I totally wasn’t bitching about you a few minutes ago — why would you think such a thing?

She pulled away from her mom, the corners of her lips still upturned. “Jeez, I’ve missed you,” she said, taking ahold of her mom’s hands. “Thank you so much for coming. Like, I’m dead serious — it means so much that you came here.” She smiled, then turned around to the table, letting go of her mom’s hands. “Uhm…well, I think that…” She faced her mom again and held out the book. “This is yours, Mom. The first copy of Voracious, the Sterling sister’s 2020 anthology. We saved it just for you, as thanks for, ya know, coming to see us.” She nodded at Beth, trying to get her sister to agree or at least go along with it.

Tori was talking on the fly — she hadn’t said a true word yet. She hadn’t really missed her, she wasn’t really thankful that she was here (even if she was glad to see her), and that book was the third one that they’d given out, actually.

Of course, this was natural to her — lying — and she hardly realized that she was doing.

Within the purse at her side, Tori’s phone began to buzz wildly. Her expression froze on her face for a second before she realized what was happening. Pulling her phone from her purse, she smiled at her mother. She looked down at the caller ID quickly.

Dad.

Wait, Dad?

“One sec, Mom,” she said quickly, and she glanced at her sister. “Beth, don’t run off,” she instructed. “I’ve got to take this call.”

Briskly, she walked towards an isolated enough bench some yards away and slid her thumb across the screen to answer the call.

“Dad?” She pressed the phone to her ear, putting her middle finger in her other ear.

It was hard to make out the voice on the other end when it answered: “Hey, Victoria.”

“Hey.” Her brows knit with worry. “Do you…need something?”

“Well, maybe.” There was a soft sigh, and she could hear a bumble of voices behind him. “I’ve got some good news and some bad news.”

“Good news first.”

“I’m here.”

“Oh!” Her face lit up, the worry leaving her brows for a moment. It quickly returned when she remembered that there was bad news. “What else is there, then?”

“I, uh, think I may be very lost.”

She breathed out a laugh. “Oh. Well, where are you?”

“That’s the issue — I don’t really know.”

Tori laughed again. “Just…stay still, remain calm, and try and tell me about it so I can come and find you.”

After breathing out a soft sigh, the renowned journalist Keith Sterling began to delve into several vague details about the area around him. Yeah, apparently specific details were reserved for articles and articles alone. Tori glanced back at the booth, straining her neck and looking around some bodies to catch sight of her mom and sister again. She waved a hand in the air to catch Beth’s attention, mouthed, “Be right back,” pointed a few, exaggerated times to the phone, and then turned on her heels and started tramping in the direction that she kind of thought he was in.

She turned this way, and then she turned that way, and then…

This…way…? Uhm, maybe that way…

As time went on — yeah, several minutes passed, it was a whole thing — Tori found herself growing increasingly frustrated, and finally, she huffed a sigh, dropping back against a wall and whining, “Oh my God, Dad, I give up. There’s no way I can find you in this —“

“Gigantic, crowded, over-decorated maze of a theater?” finished a deep voice beside her.

She nearly jumped out of her skin, letting out a dramatic gasp as her eyes widened in shock, her heart jumping in her throat.

And then she realized.

“Jesus, Dad!” She clicked the button to hang up with a shaky finger, then pressed a hand to her chest, gasping for air as though she’d just ran a marathon.

Her dad chuckled, reaching out to give her a hug, and she rolled her eyes, feigning reluctance and hugging him as she tried to suppress a smile.

“Way to greet me,” she said sarcastically, laughing slightly as she let the warm smile overtake her face.

God, she missed him so much that she almost — almost — got a little teary-eyed hugging him.

After a few moments catching up in the spot that they were in — and several hugs, mostly from Tori — the girl started to lead him back towards her booth. For the time being, she’d pressed the fact that her mother was present from her mind, but as they grew closer, she felt that bundle of nerves and dread from earlier coming back — with a vengeance.

As they chattered and walked, Tori debated internally: should she warn him so he could mentally prepare, or should she just let him find out when they got there? It was like that question of if it was better to know how you’d die before you died or live your life ignorant of it — a question for the ages.

She was doing fine, he was doing great, life was going swimmingly. His job was going well, her school was going well. Should I tell him about Mom? He had a gift for her in his vehicle — he didn’t want Beth to see and get jealous, oh that was nice of him. Mom or no? Yadda yadda, blah blah…

Fine.

By the time she’d concluded to warn him, the booth was already coming into sight.

“Hey, Dad,” she said, trying to pull his attention from the view in front of them. It worked: he looked down at her, which meant that he wasn’t looking at the booth. She spared a glance at it before she looked back at her dad. “You know…I think this year is a…uhm, going to be a little different than last year.”

He raised an eyebrow. “Meaning…?”

She grimaced for a moment, and then pressed her smile back on her face, shrugging. “Just…just prepare yourself for the unexpected.”

“Oookay, then...?" He chuckled. "Consider me prepared." He gave her a smile and another laugh, and he looked up just as they reached the booth.

And his eyes immediately caught on her mother's.

In an instant, Tori felt the tension. Just seeing the smile on his face immediately fall, watching him stare in complete, stunned silence, and then seeing his smile back, tight-lipped and forced…yeah.

It was fucking palpable.

God, she hated it. She hated it already.

Fuck you for inviting her. She looked at her sister, catching her eyes and glaring at her. Seriously, fuck you, Beth.

She cleared her throat, breaking eye contact with her sister, smiling, and saying a quick, “Sorry, had to run and get Dad. He got lost.” She laughed lightly and between her mom and her sister before looking back up to her dad’s face.

Her father glanced down at her, and then slowly at Tori's mom, and then, as if he didn't even want to acknowledge the woman, his eyes darted to Beth. When he saw her, his smile softened slightly. “Liz!” he said with enthusiasm, and he held his arms out for her, obviously expecting her to hug him back.

In the meantime, Tori looked at her mom, the barely-managed smile falling off of her face. She felt herself growing pallid, and she felt a sudden hitch in her throat.

God, this sucked. This already really, really fucking sucked.

She wanted to close her eyes and just...disappear.

mood
fuck

outfit
dressy

playing...
be nice to me
by the front bottoms​

mentions
n/a

interactions
beth

tags
Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:
MOOD: Help????

OUTFIT: Something workable

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Tilly natsukashii natsukashii
tags
TL;DR Wut.
tl;dr
Bailey

Bailey was still staring at the bow with a level of uncomfortable incredulity that they hadn’t felt since their brother once tried putting a frog in their hair when they were five.

She’s been bowing for an awfully long time... Should she be… all that blood rushing to her head is probably killing off all the brain cells she has left. Is she alright?

Bailey watched as Tilly slowly shook her head. The seconds dragging out for an eternity. They were going to get grey hairs from this. Was she stuck? Was this like… a computer thing? Hit to restart?

Oh and she was talking - was her name Tilly? That question was ignored. That was a bit annoying. Bailey tried to keep their ire down, though. Obviously a concussion. Or maybe it knocked the sense out of her.

A little wince at the loud and sudden screech. Her performance was soon? What was she doing standing around talking to them!

“Shouldn’t you be… going to that?” Bailey asked, a little nervous laugh coming out as they looked at the direction where Tilly was going.

Oh. Her name was actually Tilly. Bailey suppressed the rising tide of smugness from knowing her name. It was the least that they could do in politeness.
code by valen t.

MOOD: art hoe

OUTFIT: clothes

basics
MENTIONS:
Stella, Zeph

INT:
ditto ditto (Kelli)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Angel Cervantes
Angel felt a little silly loitering around his art display while all of his friends went around sampling the school's various student performances. It just felt like the thing to do, as though his artwork needed him to stay and protect it from critics. And, as ashamed as he was to admit it, he was really proud of the way his portraits turned out. It wasn't too conceited to not-so-subtly seek out recognition, right?

His heart skipped a beat as a girl he knew as Kelli approached his wall of portraits, seemingly admiring them. His heart began to beat faster, simultaneously swelling with happiness while observing the stars in her eyes. Angel's instinct was to turn toward the portraits as though he was a random passerby viewing the artwork. His eyes fixed themselves onto the piece he'd done of Stella based on Zeph's own verbal translation of his girlfriend's looks and, as Angel described it, her spiritual essence.

The artist snapped out of his trance, his wandering mind focusing on a voice to his side. “Is that… me?" He turned towards Kelli with a nervous smile, but wiped it off and replaced it with a more giddy expression. He was already pleasantly surprised to have someone appreciating his work, so getting to talk about it? It was almost like he was dreaming. In fact, he was pretty sure he'd had a dream similar to this in the nights leading up to the Winter Arts Fest, except with less real people and more fancy cats walking on their hind legs.

Angel's contemplative, brown eyes traveled to the portrait in question, and he began to nod. "Yeah, it is," he confirmed, scratching at the back of his head awkwardly. Last time he'd tried to explain a drawing he'd done of someone else, he'd been verbally abused by a spiteful model. Even though he loosely knew Kelli to be a kindly girl, he still felt the need to tread lightly.

"Yours is a bit more abstract," he stated with a smile, remembering the evening he'd spent on his drawing tablet outlining Kelli's face, "Going for a more whimsical vibe felt like the thing to do, and the vibe I got from you was very..." He tapped his chin. "... pink clouds. And lots of light. Like some Cupid-heaven dimension, I guess?"

In truth, there was no explaining the way Angel's mind worked. Even when managing to whip up something half-normal (as half-normal as surrealism gets), the daydreamer of a boy often elected to illustrate the first peculiar thing that came to mind. It was an arduous feat attempting to rationalize and explain the way he drew people and things, as randomly-fabricated as they seemed.

"Oh, I'm the one who drew all these, by the way," he added, always forgetting to say the most important parts first, "This year's project was all about drawing people based on verbal descriptions. I just sorta got the general vibes from people and translated that onto faces." The digital artist was beginning to think he'd never escape having to explain his project over and over, and each time he did it felt like his explanations were doing his own concept a disservice. But Kelli got the general idea, right? Maybe he'd even interviewed her. Who was to say? Angel had gone through a lot of people to make as many portraits as he did.

He looked back at the portraits, unable to conceal his pride. "Who do you think gave me your description?" he queried, slipping his hands into his pocket, "Do you think they know you pretty well? Unless it's my fault and I captured your image totally inaccurately." He chuckled anxiously, fighting to shove his self-consciousness into the back of his head. "Either way, I won't be offended. All perspectives are valuable to the project!"

But if Kelli did say the drawing was horribly inaccurate, Angel was more than ready to blame his black eye for hindering his creative process.
code by valen t.

• how he's feeling...

feeling anxious but good

REMI

QB1(#12) - Junior- Handsome - Actor

Forget about it? Sure why not?

Well, that was settled, wasn’t it? It wasn’t as if he had an issue with Hunter. He didn’t know who he was other than the two facts:1. Nikcie’s Ex. 2. The guy from twitter. At current neither of those were showstoppers for him and honestly they never were. Remi wasn’t exactly the type to hold a grudge against anyone. Most people were just currency to him in the first place. Some people were worth more than others to him, but almost everyone had some value. Even if it was miniscule, their worth to him was decided by detriment vs benefit. And to be frank? Being cool with Hunter was probably a larger benefit than a detriment. He seemed cool so far, so…

Fuck her, right?

He couldn’t help but chuckle at his comment. Nickie was a lot of things for him, some that weren’t the most of pleasant things but some that were. She was supportive of him when he had a lot on his plate, and all she asked him for was to continue to be the good boyfriend that he had been. Instead when it got rough for him he kind of just ghosted. That was not okay and he knew that now. He was older. He had been to therapy. He knew how to hold himself accountable.

Maybe this wasn’t the best place to start thinking about his mistakes from his past relationship. Or maybe it was the exact place he should.

He stole a glance at the stage and a smile spread across his face. He was going to do everything right with Amy. When times got rough he was going to do his best and work it out with her, and at worse he would consider therapy and counseling. Even at this young age he was serious about her, and he wouldn’t want to hurt her anymore than she already had been. He was going to be happy and forever with her.

I mean, hey she burned us both. Not sure about you but I’m pretty sure I have second-degree burns. The only cure for that is maybe someone who isn’t her, ya know

Remi diverted his attention back from the stage to look at Hunter in the face. A few thoughts bounded around his head. He and Amy weren’t official yet, though they hadn’t exactly been hiding their feelings for each other. Still….

“She has burned us, and to be honest I don’t think she’s done. She’s a little vindictive,”
he trailed off for a second before shrugging his shoulders,
”I’ve extended an olive branch, but I can’t focus on her. I got to keep my eyes forward. I have someone else to give my energy to.”

It felt good to say that. It felt good to be genuinely in….love. He could only chuckle.

But it’s all good man, right? She’s not in our lives anymore and whatever poor asswipe catches her eye is gonna be in for a world of disappointment.

“It’s all good indeed man. We just have to focus on our lives,”
he leaned forward tapped him gently on the shoulder,
”Besides, we’re pretty awesome ourselves, right?”

♡coded by uxie♡

Charming as the Devil
Jared Darrington
@He.went.2.Jared has set their status to:
It's supposed to be showtime

@He.went.2.Jared has set their outfit to:
Outfit for project

@He.went.2.Jared has set their location to:
Backstage

@He.went.2.Jared has mentioned:
Evie, Landon

@He.went.2.Jared has interacted with:
Gen( geminiy geminiy ) Mike ( ditto ditto )
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

Just as he suspected they were gone longer then just ten seconds. He wasn't too worried about it however since he thought there was no way they'd be in there long enough to make them late with how stern Gen was being on them. However what came out of the room eventually was not what he was expecting. Which is saying something because it wasn't often Jared was thrown off or surprised by things around here.

The white hot rage in Gen's eyes was easy to see even in her calm cool demeanor. Their was a aura about her that wasn't there earlier, and judging by the words she was casually throwing out as she re-entered the room Mike had finally done it. He'd finally lost that apparently fragile favor he had with her. For her to be continuing whatever argument this was outside of the privacy of the room and in front of him no less, meant she didn't care at all about who was listening in.

She was largely ignoring Jared's presence as she walked around still getting ready as she spoke, so Jared remained in his seat waiting for her to finish. He knew better then to say anything while she was going on and on like this. Plus it served as an excellent opportunity to take some mental notes on the situation. He had been a little curious and wanted to piece together the puzzle of Mike's fall from her grace in such a short time period. After all they weren't gone ten seconds, but it hadn't been ten minuets either.

So he sat in front of the mirror pretending to still pay them no mind, even catching glances of Mikes facial expressions at him from the mirror the whole while. He seemed to be trying to do the same. Trying to let her get it all out with minimal input so not to irritate things even further, and try to stay...well he supposed as civil as a conversation like this could be.

As he listened some things became apparent like, apparently he was right about the whole 'bad boy' image. That's one check for Jared. She expressed how unoriginal he was to which he completely agreed. He'd honestly been wondering for a while now why he was seen as so special around here? To even be here and around the company he kept? It was nice to at least hear Gen finally saw it too. Would it stick, or would they find some weird route to redemption? Who knows. He hoped not, this seemed like a pointless lesson to need to learn twice.

If that wasn't enough ladies and gentlemen, she went deeper. Going for the fragile heart that he guessed Mike had. Of course he'd have to deny it right now in order to save face, which of course he did like clock work. Because once again predictable. To be fair this whole scene felt like it was bound to happen eventually. He was just waiting to hear what was the straw that broke the camels back. This was why he had hoped she hadn't actually gotten invested in a guy like Mike because he could see this being the conclusion a mile away. He supposed she didn't, or did and chose to ignore it.

However after seeing her breaking down at Halloween, and slight emotional fits on Twitter...

Seeing Gen finally stepping into this glory was quite the sight. He relished a bit in it because THIS was the Gen he knew was inside her all along. Some might say she is being cruel, scary, or whatever other weak minded adjective those who couldn't possible stand in her wake of would say for the way she was ripping into him in the most poetic way possible. A vision of beauty that honestly reminded him a lot of his own mother. The calm ferocity, the class, the epitome of power. This way of speaking both with her words, actions, posture was something he understood better then anything else he'd witnessed this whole time being here. Intimidation without being a thug about it was his father's bread and butter and a tactic he'd used on people (including his kids) for as long as Jared could remember.

This is the Gen he'd be willing to bet on and proudly walk down the runway or anywhere with. A runways that was now desperately calling their names. He glanced down at his watch again realizing they were quickly running out of time for all this nonsense. There was a real show that needed to go on not this side show. As nice as it was to see, he was kinda over it in favor of actually getting this whole show over with.

It was a little odd hearing her call him 'Mr. Darrington' but she was in a flow of formality it seemed so he'd let it slide this time since he hoped it meant she was coming to a close. With that hope in mind he finally stood up and smoothed out any wrinkles that bunched up from him sitting and turned to the mirror one last time for a good once over while Gen continued her bloody conquest of this mans pride and ego.

She beckoned him and he inwardly sighed with relief that this was finally over, so he started walking over, but of course it wasn't over. Nope why in the world would the universe make things that simple for him? He wondered if he just dipped would they even notice. To bad he needed them as well since this was majority their ideas. Since Gen had gotten to do her whole song and dance, Mike felt the need to have his as well after he'd so patiently waited out hers. Was it because she clearly stuck a nerve or two? Probably. Did Jared care? No he wanted to leave.

This could be hashed out somewhere else and some other time where they weren't wasting his time. He'd already heard what he needed to know and extra that he REALLY didn't. Jared liked to have information in his back pocket on people at all times, but the details of their sex lives was not one of them.

His brow rose slightly as the other boy had the audacity to stop her from opening the door so they could just get the hell out of doge. He instinctively took a step between them feeling the boys rage was peeking and there were a lot of dastardly things about Jared's moral compass and character, but there were some hard no-goes. He never paid enough attention to Mike to know if those were the same kind of lines he'd never cross, but in this case? Better safe then sorry.

Not that he stayed there long. As he began his own daunting retaliation he walked back and forth from the mirror explaining his points and side of the story too. Also in the same fashion as Gen of giving way more then he wanted or needed to hear. It was only made less tolerable because at least Gen's voice was sexy...Mike made it sound a thousand percent less interesting, especially most of it being a second go round in just a mocking tone.

He couldn't deny that some of the guys points were thoughts that Jared himself had over the past month since Halloween and especially the whole blow up with Evie and Landon drama. He didn't actively talk or engage any of the parties involved about it, but he knew what happened. Everyone who was anyone seemed to. So yah reluctantly there were some agreements that he kept locked away in his head refusing to show any acknowledgement of them in his face or demeanor.

If he believed telling Gen all that would do any good he would have a long time ago. Nope this was just poking the bear and venting his frustrations trying to hit her where it hurt like she'd done to him. A simple tit-for-tat game that Jared suddenly lost all interest in especially the moment for the second time the dance was brought up.

So that really was the spark of this deadly forest fire that was now threatening to ruin weeks worth of effort? As Gen pointed out earlier their reputations as well if they didn't get their asses out of this room. Was he in the middle of a soap opera right now? Was he being punk'd? Mike laughed and declined to go to a dance and now they were both enraged? Was that supposed to be what he got from this? Wasn't Gen the one who told him not to let his pride get in the way of today not 15 minuets ago?

Of all the petty melo-drama he'd seen at this school that had to take the fucking cake.

This whole time he'd kept himself positioned beside Gen and in some cases when Mike got too close slightly in front of her between them because he did not want to deal with either of them snapping and ruining this project. Mike was right about one thing, they'd all worked too damn hard for this to be how it crashes and burns. With that Jared was over it. Gen had made her point, Mike had made his point, this did not need to be a back and forth conversation they needed to get out of this room NOW.

He finally turned to Gen completely facing her and thanks to those damn heels she was in he was basically looking her eye to eye, but maybe that was for the best. He needed her complete focus on him right now, and to block out the urge for her to give Mike any more of her attention.

He spoke calmly yet firmly so she understood he was taking this seriously, "Gen. Listen to me. You've made your point, and like you said we have a show to do. Don't let this waste any more of your time. Let's go, we're about to be late." He gestured a hand out towards the door and then opened it up for her to walk through.

To be honest he should've done this the moment Mike walked away from the door the first time and just interrupted him. However he figured Mike wasn't going to take that and the last thing he needed was for Mike to follow them still arguing. He didn't know about Mike's image since being a rage fueled sex addict wasn't something to be admired as a reputation, but Gen and especially Jared did. Especially in front of all these potential future clients, scouts, and opportunities. Even if this wasn't the realm he planned on staying in, he knew it's value, and this was Gen's chosen career so he wasn't going to do something that might fuck that up.

Neither would calm down or really think this was over any time soon, but if he could use this slight wedge in time to move them along despite it then that's what he would do. This was the best way to de-escalate this heated situation and get them all back on track. Mike could walk out the door to follow behind them (hopefully from a distance) or not to come on the runway with them, but that wasn't his concern. Getting gen out of this room before her pride, rage, and admittedly lack of impulse control ruined anything else for her right now.
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:
Genevieve Johannes
@genjohanne has set their status to:
fucking with me is bad for your health, darling

@genjohanne has set their outfit to:
glam

@genjohanne has set their location to:
front row by the music stage

@genjohanne has mentioned:
n/a

@genjohanne has interacted with:
Mike, Jared, Trevor

@genjohanne has tagged:
ditto ditto & Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202
Seeing red isn’t simply an expression. When someone pushes the right buttons, puts someone in just the right position, says just the right things, the vision goes tunnelled and the edges turn scarlet.

As far as Gen was concerned, Jared wasn’t in the room, he wasn’t witnessing any of this. Gen couldn’t even focus on the dressing room that still surrounded her: not the clothes racks pushed up against the back wall, the brilliantly lit mirrors reflecting her angered expressions right back at her, the smell of rose and vanilla coming from the perfume she had sprayed a few moments earlier, the rising heat. None of it mattered.

All Gen could see was Mike.

She was going to fucking ruin him and that was a promise.

Mike didn’t say anything that was a lie, all of his words were laced with truth spoken with a tongue covered in thorns and venom. Gen was never someone who pretended to be someone she was not, never lowering her standards or softening her blows. While that made her powerful, that also made her vulnerable with no place or version of herself to run back to to hide. What Mike had said was blatantly obvious to anyone that had met Gen outside of a professional setting.

She was cold, manipulative, lonely, fearful, critical. There was no denying those things.

Gen had previously made the decision to try and stop that side of her from rearing its head. But now? Fuck it, if she was all of those things, she was damn well sure that the lovely Michael Reid was going to feel every ounce. Her smile never faltered, her eyes never watered, her condescending demeanour never wavering. Within seconds of Mike’s final words, Gen thought up a plan. It was risky, it could take her down with him, but none of it mattered. That was the fun part about Gen’s current situation: she had nothing to lose and a predator with nothing to lose is the most dangerous creature alive.

Jared’s voice pulled Gen from her thoughts, grounding her to the floor beneath her heeled feet.

"Gen. Listen to me. You've made your point, and like you said we have a show to do. Don't let this waste any more of your time. Let's go, we're about to be late."

He was on her side. Gen, for once in her most recent life, was not alone.

Michael Reid was fucking done.

Gen loosened her grip on the doorknob, wincing slightly as she forced herself to release it. Four lines carved into her palm, the skin turning a similar shade of red to her lipstick though she hadn’t quite broken skin.

There wasn’t anything left to say to Mike. Gen had anticipated that anger and loss of friendship was how that conversation was going to go. They could have been great together, even as nothing more than a public duo and not a couple, but the pathetic little boy in front of her made it clear he didn’t want the world Gen could have offered him, the empire they could have built. Though it hurt to hear him turn around so quickly, Gen understood why. Mike believed no one cared, Mike believed that he wasn’t worth anything. Unlike Elias, Gen couldn’t even begin to give a shit about his little sob story. She had to move on, had to adapt, had to stop trying. He didn’t want her help? That was fine, more energy for her and Jared.

Gen stepped out of the room, lacing her arm around Jared’s as they stepped out into the hall, partially for comfort but partially to pull him close so she could speak without Mike hearing.

“You’re taking over my section of the performance.” Gen spoke quietly, though her face never faltered. To anyone besides Jared, Gen was simply talking to her partner and having a lovely conversation. “My cues, my spots, they’re all yours. Just give me some space, okay? I promise everything’s gonna work out just fine for us, darling.”

“Genevieve Johannes, Michael Reid, Jarred Darrington to stage door five please.” Gen looked up at the speaker built into the wall as if to silently thank the announcer for her assistance.

Pulling up beside the stage door, Gen could hear the crowd on the other side, the announcer explaining what they were about to see. Patting Jared’s arm, Gen raised a finger in pause and abandoned his side, effortlessly slipping into the crowd of stage crew and artists crowding the door. Down a narrow hallway she went, pushing through a small door at the very end.

“Change of plan,” Gen began as she smoothed out her dress, “we’re using Set 2.”

The man sitting at the light booth swivelled around, pride written all over his aged face. Jim Merriweather, one of the many people that Gen had come to develop a professional relationship with over the years, grinned and crossed his hands over his stomach. Gen had known him for years, Jim having first worked with her father years ago on a shoot before going on to be one of the best lighting directors in Los Angeles. Hollywood Arts really went all out on their staff this year. It was a coincidence that Jim had been asked to do the lighting for the plastics but it had been a gift in disguise.

Changing your entire set last minute was usually frowned upon, just not when your father’s best friend is the lighting director.

“Which one of them fell through?” Jim asked with a toothy grin.

“Michael Reid,” Gen spat back.

An understanding nod and a few minutes later, the entire set had changed. Different music, different cues, different projections. The only thing that remained the same as the original were Gen’s cues. She had spent hours adjusting the performance in case Jared or Mike had fallen through, Gen was never unprepared. She never thought she’d have to use the backup, especially not in this way, but Gen didn’t care. She and Jared would be fine. Michael, however, had fucked with Gen for the last time.

With a quick thank you and a generous smile, Gen turned tail and returned to Jared and, unfortunately, Mike.

“Sorry about that, I had to use the restroom.” Gen apologized sweetly. “How about it, boys? The show must go on.”

Nodding to the sound technicians, the different music started up. Gen moved to Jared’s side, giving his hand a quick reassuring squeeze. “Remember what I said: you’re doing my cues. I’ll handle the rest.”

The lights were blinding, far different from the set that Gen had worked with Mike on. She didn’t need to see the look on his face to know that her point was very well made: never fuck with Genevieve Johannes.

Cameras flashed as she stepped out into what should have been Mike’s cue, a brilliant smile on her face as the gems on her white gown sparkled in response to the light. Adrenaline pumped through Gen’s veins as she made her way down the runway, people cheering as Jared stepped out onto the runway behind her as her original cues demanded, followed shortly after by Mike.

There were no cues for the person who had just fucked her over, no spot for him to stand. Jared caught on quickly, taking over her parts of the performance as Gen juggled the extra cues. Neither Mike or Jared had known this was an option but at least Jared had been given instructions.

Mike, however, was a fucking fool on the stage.

Wherever he was supposed to be in the original performance, Gen was already there, flipping around and splaying her dress to catch the projections that danced along the fabric. She was radiant, in control, and showed up Michael Reid every second she could while making it look like it was his fault. Genevieve and Jared were the stars of this show, as they would have been regardless.

The final notes of the song were pulling near. There was just one more thing Gen wanted to do, just one last hurrah that she needed to flex, just one more middle finger in Mike’s direction. Gen grabbed Jared’s hand elegantly, walking side by side with him down the runway until they were at the edge.

“Turn around.” Gen spoke over the music, just loud enough for Jared to hear.

With the taller boy turned, a scene was projected onto their outfits, earning them cheers and hollers from the crowd. Gen reached a hand to turn Jared’s face towards her so that the cameras could get their shot, surely a picture of two powerful people that would grace the headlines later on that day. They were in charge, they were powerful, they were beautiful.

Michael Reid, however, was nowhere to be seen, blocked by the two taller people.

With Jared exiting first, Gen flashed a final smile and a flip of her hair before making her way back down the runway and out of sight.

Gen didn’t bother to acknowledge Mike in any way. No, she only had time for her true partners, not backstabbing assholes who pretended to be there for her just to push her away when she needed them. Not for people who acted like they cared but had really only used her for exposure and a warm body. Gen’s feelings towards Mike had been crystal clear, as they had been in reverse, but Mike made it clear that he wanted nothing to do with her. Who was Gen to deny him of that?

“You did amazing, Jare!” Gen chirped as she wrapped the boy now close to equal in her height into a quick hug. “Phenomenal, really. We’re going to be all over the headlines, as we really should be.”

Releasing Jared, Gen turned to Mike.

“Oh, what’s wrong? You look upset.” Gen laughed darkly, pushing her hair over her shoulder. “You pretend you don’t care even though you do, you use people because you can’t really feel anything. How does this feel? The humiliation, the vulnerability, the forced exposure? Hmm? I told you, you said you wanted nothing to do with me and I was going to give you that, now and forever. But just a friendly reminder,” Gen continued with a flicker in her eyes, “I do control everything I want to, I am someone who will follow through on her promises, I am the person that will fucking ruin you if you try to toy with me again. Don’t fuck with me, Michael Reid, because I will make sure every agent from here to Alaska blacklists your fucking name.”

Gen kissed her fingers and pressed them to Mike’s lips gently, throwing him a wink before turning around and patting Jared’s shoulder as she passed.

“Great work, boys, we should do this again sometime!”

No, they absolutely shouldn’t.

──────────── ❖ ────────────​

Gen had considered hiding in her dressing room when a family friend had approached her asking to do an interview. Several interviews and photos and autographs later, Gen had completely forgotten about the fiasco that had taken place just twenty minutes earlier.

It wasn’t until her phone buzzed with a reminder that Ash was about to go on that she pulled herself from the attention.

Still donning her gown, Genevieve went across the stadium to where the music performances were being held. With a quick flash of her student ID, Gen made her way into the stadium and right towards the front. Unsurprisingly, the seats were filled to the brim with people enjoying the endless concert that had just barely begun. Without a thought, Gen found a person who seemed to be sitting alone and pulled a fifty dollar bill from her wallet.

“Go buy yourself something nice, darling.” Gen requested sweetly. The girl whom she had given the money to didn’t think much of the request, staring down at the bill before getting up and leaving. Gen slid into the seat carefully, smoothing the white gown out underneath her.

The boy beside her looked familiar. Travis, was it? Tyler? Timothy? No no, that was Ashton’s friend, that’s who it was, the little Irish one who always smelled of weed. Gen found herself breathing deeply. Turns out concerts are an exception to his smell.

“Enjoying the show, Mr Callaghan?” Gen asked politely, not bothering to look at the boy sitting next to her, her dark eyes glued to the stage.

º º code by ditto º º

Alejandra Cortez
"I know, I know, the siren sound.”

@Realex has set their status to:
Prayers needed. Thanks.

@Realex has set their outfit to:
Laney vibes

@Realex has interacted with:
Chas, Auguste, Ezra

@Realex has mentioned:
Landon, Mikaela, Evie, Simone.

@Realex has tagged:
hery hery geminiy geminiy

“Alex, that’s never going to work.”

Wrong answer.

You see, Alejandra was a very stubborn ambitious girl. Nobody was ever allowed to tell her ‘no’ when it came to something she was passionate about doing.

She completely glazed over the fact that he had said anything, instead, Alex was moving her lips with no audible words, mumbling every minor thought that was going on in her head.

She reached for her phone off the vanity, scrolling through her contacts as Ezra and Auguste had walked in.

“Don’t tell me that’s your film.”

“Did you try the backup?” Ezra asked, and Alex glanced up for a moment, merely blinking.

Apparently the backup was in the same folder because that was the smart thing to do.

She should’ve just handled it on her own.

‘If you want something done right, do it yourself.’

Her mother’s words were playing in repeat in her head, scolding herself in some way.

“I’ll take a guess here and say that you don’t have a backup. Wonderful.”

Alex redirected her attention back to her phone and dialed Mikaela. Throwing Ezra a grateful look at his next words.

“Auguste and I are both done with our performances, so we’re at your disposal.”

Auguste agreed and a bit of weight was lifted off the playwright’s chest.

Three rings went on before the line connected.

“Hey…”

Alejandra explained the situation, and of course, Satan’s plan continued to spew and Mikaela couldn’t make it in the next hour. She couldn’t have blamed her though. She had other places to be. Alex needed help. But she didn't expect everyone to drop everything for her.

Chas, Ez, and Auguste were talking and Alejandra heard nothing but her own thoughts, talking to nobody but herself as she paced around the room on her phone.

Landon wasn’t answering.

Straight to voicemail.

Over, and over again.

Stella didn’t have time to memorize lines, everyone capable and able of acting was performing their own scenes, their own routines, songs, whatever the hell that they had planned because their showcase wasn’t derailed completely.

How was she going to pull this off?

She couldn’t just…

Well.

While Chas was ordering everyone around, Alex quickly intervened when he pushed Ezra and Auguste to get a move on.

"If we're really going to pull this off, we need to act quickly. I refuse to have my name attached to any form of performing arts train wreck around here. So, run! Go do things!”

“Don’t run.” She said, looking up from her phone with newfound, terrible ideas that were bound to end up in a disaster.

"No deadweight. We manage to salvage this and we'll be local legends."

Alex made a point to ignore him there too, completely talking over him.

“Ezra. You’re now Vito. You know the lines, if not? You’re the smartest guy in the room who can memorize them fast enough.”

Alex turned to Auguste, the boy she didn’t know extremely well and from time to time, he looked like a deer in headlights, but he said he was willing to help, so. “Auguste. You’re his partner who connects the dots and warns Laney. Easy work, boys.”

Incredibly easy.

All of this was completely in the bag.

Alex clenched her fists to calm her nerves, and for a moment it felt like she punctured the skin on her palms. Chas glared towards Alex and it was enough for her to realize she didn’t really have a lot of time to worry.

"That's my co-director-slash-stage manager. She knows where the sound files should be on my laptop. Get her in contact with whoever's in charge of programming here now. We need to change this entire space, starting with the removal of that gigantic projector screen. We won't be needing it anymore."

For a second, Alex shifted to move but halted as soon as Chas continued.

"As for me, the heads of my new crew of twenty-five people minimum, I will be going on break to find the nearest coffee-fetching assistant..." His eyes flitted over to Auguste for half a second. "...and a week's supply of Adderall." He placed two hands together, a singular clap, he was ready and almost out the door.

"I'll see you all in thirty!"

Alex placed a hand against his chest to keep him from moving.

“Not so fast. You can have a coffee break when we’re done. You’re in charge of sound files, props, and whatever else that has to be done, I need to find Evie and pray an outfit isn’t too short for me—”

If she hadn’t been so stressed about the play, she would’ve been more nervous about playing Laney.

Oh.

Did she forget to mention that?

Ha, imagine playing the character that you wrote with zero acting experience.

Imagine kissing someone you barely know on stage.

Couldn’t be Alex.

“... And I’m gonna need another breath mint.”

“You’re on in five!”

Fuck.

Shit.

Joder.

Mierda.

Alejandra was about to run her hands through her hair but hesitated, instead placing them against her sides.

She’d enlisted Simone’s help for hair and makeup— because she was available, and mostly because the woman was a godness, she was a plastic for a reason.

Simone knew what she was doing.

Alex?

Not so much.

She knew the lines by heart.

Alex knew the play like the back of her hand.

Laney was her creation and Alejandra was so afraid she wouldn’t be able to play the character that she made right.

The props that they had were mediocre, the costumes fit... decently, Evie had adjusted Alex’s dress, Ezra and Auguste’s suits were pinned in the matter of seconds.

If anything, Alex’s showcase would be fine, considering on paper all she was doing was set and costume design.

But she didn’t give a shit about plastics right now.

Alex took her place on stage, the curtains were shut, lights were off, and panic mode was on.

The playwright took one last deep breath in a futile attempt to calm her nerves.

Okay Alex.

Laney.

Okay, Laney.

She had to get out of her head.

She couldn’t worry anymore.

It was showtime.
º º code by ditto º º

Users who are viewing this thread

Back