• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern hollywood arts: main (open!!)

Characters
Here
MOOD: kill me now

OUTFIT: XoXo

basics
MENTIONS:
Cole ( sunshineysoul sunshineysoul ) Mari ( jasmyn jasmyn ) Alex ( Soap Soap )
INT:
Willow ( elaaraa elaaraa )
tags
TL;DR Mor is determined to have a good night. Maybe.
tl;dr
Morrigan Raine
Just smile and nod your head.

Just smile and nod your head, Mor told herself on the way to the fair. That was all she needed to do to make sure her friends weren’t worried about her. She could do that, right?

When they got to the fair, Morrigan stepped out of the car and took Cole’s arm once again, a shiver going through her as fall wind rushed by. She scowled, glaring at the sky as if that would change anything. In Ireland Mor had certainly been used to the cold weather, but that didn’t mean she liked it.

As they walked to where their friends were, a tiny but real smile tugged the corners of her lips up. Willow was there, and as she gladly accepted her friend’s hug, Mor’s smile grew. Only slightly, but it was a start. “I’ve been right as rain, lass,” she said softly, stepping back. “What about you, eh? How have you been?”

Morrigan was content to watch as Mari, Cole and Willow conversed, not having a real opinion on what they did. She would go with the flow of things, whether she liked it or not. Maybe she’d even make new friends. The thought was almost enough to make her snort. Mor wasn’t the kind of girl who made friends easily.

It was her own fault, she supposed. Hell, she was surprised Mor and Cole and Alex and Willow even dealt with her. She was arrogant, sensitive, selfish—all things that make for a horrible friend. Sighing, she attempted to produce one of the smiles she’d been practicing in the mirror, as she waited patiently for the others to decide what they were doing. She would have fun tonight, she decided. She would go on rides and eat shitty fair food until she was sick, and at the end of the night she would ride the Ferris wheel with her friends.

Deciding she couldn’t just stand there and not talk forever, Mor decided to pipe in with her opinion. “I don’t really mind what we do, I’m just happy to be here.”

Right, really helpful in making decisions, Morrigan. And you’re a liar.

Just smile and nod your head.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: content

OUTFIT: very simple

basics
MENTIONS: mari mor n willow

INT: jasmyn jasmyn (mari) Kio.exe Kio.exe (mor) elaaraa elaaraa (willow)
tags
TL;DR game planning what ride they're starting with at the fair.
tl;dr
cole "cj"
to all the people that were mean; he just channeled your energy

"i know, sorry bout that," he gave a cheesy smile as an apology "i was visiting everyone in texas, makin sure the ranch was taken care of and it looks like my cousins have it under control!" skipping over the real reason he was in texas longer than planned. he refused to think about it, he was determined to have fun right here, right now with his friends.
he held his smile as he watched all the girls hug, he didn't get one, but he wasn't too terribly upset. cole was raised a gentleman, he wasn't going to ask "hey where's my hug?", he wasn't going to force anything. if willow wanted to hug cole, she would've asked. he kept his arm out for mari to grab, not being surprised when mor didn't grab his other arm again.
cole's eyes were fixed on willow as she listed the activities and rides the group could do to kick off their night at the fair. the teacups, pumpkin patch, all good options. in all honesty, cole had no preference what they did first, only what they ended with.
"frankly, i don't really care what we start with. i'm down for anything; all i'm sayin is we don't go on the ferris wheel until the end of the night." he sent an innocent wink to willow as he let out a small chuckle.
code by valen t.

mood

comforted

chicken diner

outfit

song

tags

mentions: chas hery hery
interactions: nic Kio.exe Kio.exe dei fin fin amy Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

so pull me closer, and kiss me hard

Physical touch was practically Ellie's answer to everything. Be it from Dei, Nic, or punching the shit out of someone, the feeling of skin on skin grounded him. It kissed away his tears, pasted bandaids over his crumbling heart, and gave him something to smile about despite the darkness. In Nic's arms, Ellie felt like he was given the ticket to let down his guard and open his heart for the world to dissect. As long as he had Nic's hand in his, a quiet, bi-polar little shit supporting him, the world was welcome to come at him. Nic's embrace reminded him of his sister, in the platonic sense. Two conflicted souls exchanging silent secrets, their hearts beating to the rhythm of traumatic pasts. In the months that Ellie had known his best friend, he had never once seen the boy cry. And yet, he knew somewhere behind those woody brown eyes, there was pain that matched his.

At Dei's protest, Ellie had simply stuck his tongue out and joined Nic on the other side of the booth. He knew he had been unfair to Dei, inviting him then ditching his company for his affectionately Dei-named "boytoy". But, it wasn't like Ellie was fucking Nic on the table right there. He had some etiquette, after all. Plus, the amount of times that Ellie served as the charming third-wheeler for his friend (more so to ensure there weren't any gold diggers coming for his boy's wallet) justified this one instance where the roles were reversed. Pulling Nic further into his arms, he sat, relaxed, arms wrapped aroudn a reminiscent e-boy hanging off his shoulders. Well, it was as such until Ellie completely forgot a certain someone was making their way to their hiding spot.

Ellie seemed to have some sort of fog in his mind, either due to the pretty little tablets stashed into his bag or that he was occupied with taming the beating of his heart. Whenever he was around others, he enjoyed hearing and feeling the steady thump of someone else's heartbeat. However, Chas had told him that his heartbeat was always annoyingly fast, which indubitably sparked some self-consciousness on that end. It was stupid, Ellie knew, to be self conscious about something you can't change in the slightest, but for Chas he tried. For Chas, he always tried.

When Amy rounded the corner, producing one very delicious looking funnel cake before the three of them, Ellie perked up from his originally slouchy state. Loosening himself from Nic's limbs, Ellie rose mid-way to give Amy a hug. This was the girl whom Ellie had to give Dei a few stern talkings to about. Dei was possessive, chaotic in his way of pronouncing his emotions; Ellie knew he'd face some repercussions from his friend for giving Amy a hug. Broken up or not, Dei definitely exuded some heartbroken vibes. Perhaps not in the way that Ellie was currently feeling, but they existed nonetheless. When Dei shot him a look of unrestrained confusion— and a little anger, truthfully, Ellie just offered a lopsided smile and a shrug. He forgot Amy was coming when he had contacted Dei, though it could have been that he forgot Dei was coming when he contacted Amy. Either way, he simply forgot about the lover's feud going on. Lovers-ish, feud, of course.

"Amy! Oh, looking absolutely ravishing, darlin'," Ellie hummed, assessing the outfit that highlighted his, er, "newfound" friend's perfectly beautiful figure. It could use a few embellishments here and there, maybe a layered scarf or something, but it fit the girl nonetheless. "Shhh, don't worry about us. It's not like anyone here wants to live anyway." Ah, dark humor after a particularly dark argument on Twitter. Not the best move to go for, but one that came out of a drunk Ellie's mouth. He noticed the tension between Amy and Dei, an unfortunately visible, growing shadow in the empty space between the exes. His brain was on haywire at the moment and the strong emotions cascading from the two high schoolers were giving his mind a fucking nightmare playground.

He thought all would be fine and dandy until, well, Dei spoke up. Ellie thought that Amy would just be on her way since she had checked in, but it seemed that Dei had other ideas. A childish reaction bubbled to the surface of Ellie's expression, one that consisted of pressed lips and wide eyes. Oh god, here we go, I guess. He was a fighter for his friends, but considering both of them were his friends he had every excuse to stay out of this altercation. Ellie returned to his seat, pulling the funnel cake towards him and Nic as he watched the little reality drama going on before him. He was not in the right headspace to do any non-virtual confrontation, so if anything were to go down it was on Nicolas to handle it.

Lifting Nic's arm over his waist once again, he leaned back into the comfort of his friend. Dei had a weird look in his eyes, one that Ellie had never seen before. It was a mix between desperation and sorrow, but not quite one of negativity. His gaze flitted to Amy, whom he offered his version of puppy dog eyes. He hated seeing his friends fight. It was one to have Chas and Nate go against each other, but Dei and Amy had potential to reconcile. "Five bucks, they talk it out and become friends again." He mumbled softly into Nic's ear. They seemed to have agreed to some civil discussion, so hopefully Ellie would be getting some extra cash to pocket.

nine lives

- Location.
Entrance to Fair
- Mood.
Just have fun
- Tags.
Zeph ( Winona Winona ), Alex ( Soap Soap ), Stella,
-Outfit.
Casual

Naomi noticed the little jab Alex gave the tall boy beside her, though she didn't pay much mind to it. She figured it was friends joking around. She smiled instantly seeing her basically bouncing on her heels, damn she was adorable. At least that meant she really was excited to be hanging out with her right? Naomi wasn't normally the insecure type, but something about Alex made her feel a bit different then her norm. Maybe because the end game wasn't the same as her norm...well not exactly the same.

Her comment about the weather as an ice breaker...almost made her bust out laughing. Who used that? It was like something out of a sit-com and honestly Naomi was here for it, "It's beautiful, just like you. A perfect day for radishes. She joked shooting the girl a playful wink before the tall boy swooped in with an actual conversation starter. She listened to the remarks as she tapped her chin with her index finger,
"Hmmm the food. I only really come to these things for the food. While the rides are nice and all, if I wanna ride something I'd go to an actual amusement park." She shrugged finally. She didn't care what they did so long as she got to spend some time with Alex. "But I'm down for whatever honestly."

Naomi smirked at Stella's comment to The boy she called Zeph. She supposed they probably should all introduce themselves? Well they might all know each other for all she knew. She was probably the only outsider here. Not that she minded, Naomi usually was considering she kept a very small circle of friends. A few more minuets went by as they waited outside of the gate, but Naomi was growing impatient waiting on the fifth and final member of their little group to arrive. "Look, I don't mean to sound rude, but what about we just meet up with your friend inside? I'd rather not spend the majority of our time outside of the fair." If they were just gonna stand around and have small talk she could've stayed home gotten high and called Alex or invited her over and they talk. That'd be more entertaining then just standing here awkwardly twiddling their thumbs waiting. "You can always text or call her right? Let her known where to find us when she is ready." She hummed slightly back peddling slowly towards the ticket stand.

Stella nodded in agreement because let's face it she was just as impatient, and want to get inside already except she wasn't as shy about it. The moment the suggest popped up she agreed and walked to the line to buy her ticket figuring the others would follow suit regardless. Naomi appreciated the girls bold personality that's for sure, but she didn't want to seem completely insensitive to Alex since it was her friend they were moving on without.

In the end They got their tickets and finally were inside the fair grounds,
"So did we decide what we were doing first? I heard they've got some killed funnel cake. That and the apple cider seems to be what people talked the most about." She chimed. Well that and cotton candy, but that was a weird conversation including the fact that apparently there was a yellow flavor...ew.
Naomi M. Elizondo
coded by incandescent

Naomi noticed the little jab Alex gave the tall boy beside her, though she didn't pay much mind to it. She figured it was friends joking around. She smiled instantly seeing her basically bouncing on her heels, damn she was adorable. At least that meant she really was excited to be hanging out with her right? Naomi wasn't normally the insecure type, but something about Alex made her feel a bit different then her norm. Maybe because the end game wasn't the same as her norm...well not exactly the same.

Her comment about the weather as an ice breaker...almost made her bust out laughing. Who used that? It was like something out of a sit-com and honestly Naomi was here for it, "It's beautiful, just like you. A perfect day for radishes. She joked shooting the girl a playful wink before the tall boy swooped in with an actual conversation starter. She listened to the remarks as she tapped her chin with her index finger, "Hmmm the food. I only really come to these things for the food. While the rides are nice and all, if I wanna ride something I'd go to an actual amusement park." She shrugged finally. She didn't care what they did so long as she got to spend some time with Alex. "But I'm down for whatever honestly."

Naomi smirked at Stella's comment to The boy she called Zeph. She supposed they probably should all introduce themselves? Well they might all know each other for all she knew. She was probably the only outsider here. Not that she minded, Naomi usually was considering she kept a very small circle of friends. A few more minuets went by as they waited outside of the gate, but Naomi was growing impatient waiting on the fifth and final member of their little group to arrive. "Look, I don't mean to sound rude, but what about we just meet up with your friend inside? I'd rather not spend the majority of our time outside of the fair." If they were just gonna stand around and have small talk she could've stayed home gotten high and called Alex or invited her over and they talk. That'd be more entertaining then just standing here awkwardly twiddling their thumbs waiting. "You can always text or call her right? Let her known where to find us when she is ready." She hummed slightly back peddling slowly towards the ticket stand.

Stella nodded in agreement because let's face it she was just as impatient, and want to get inside already except she wasn't as shy about it. The moment the suggest popped up she agreed and walked to the line to buy her ticket figuring the others would follow suit regardless. Naomi appreciated the girls bold personality that's for sure, but she didn't want to seem completely insensitive to Alex since it was her friend they were moving on without.

In the end They got their tickets and finally were inside the fair grounds, "So did we decide what we were doing first? I heard they've got some killed funnel cake. That and the apple cider seems to be what people talked the most about." She chimed. Well that and cotton candy, but that was a weird conversation including the fact that apparently there was a yellow flavor...ew.

kordei

MOOD: sincere, simp-y.
OUTFIT: xoxo
TAGS: nic Kio.exe Kio.exe , amy Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202 , ellie toucant toucant
Damn.

Amy was a bad-ass when she was heated, and Dei was turned on in more than a few ways at her berating him. Maybe it was something about how her eyes burned with a greater fire, her lips pursed into a bright pink smile, and her gaze peered directly into his eyes. For the moment you wouldn't have known that Amy was a complete geek, scenes gave Kordei the impression of a cuter Gen.

Kordei couldn't help but curl his lips once Amy huffed and turned away. He sighed down at his shoes, trying his best to conceal just how impressed he was.

But Kordei wouldn't stop though. He only continued at Amy, poking at the tiger, and honestly trying to set things aright. It was like going fishing, and with time, Amy had finally clamped down onto his hook. "Okay, fine, we can talk..." Was all that Kordei needed to hear. He had her attention now, and even if she pretended to be uninterested, her accepting his offer was her letting him speak his own case.

"Sweet." Dei grinned as Amy's sentence came to an end. She was going to comply. He flashed a wink over to Ellie seated by Nic, and softly pushed his half-eaten container of fries closer to the two of them. "Later, assholes." Kordei teased, before beckoning one of the waitresses over, and seating himself and Amy to a booth several spots down from Ellie. Somewhere some real privacy.

Dei allowed himself to sink back into his seat, and along with Amy, ordered their meal and got on with the rest of things. He twirled the straw between his fingers, sipping softly at the sprinkle-filled vanilla milkshake as he watched Amy seated across of him. Kordei's smirk had never left his face from the moment Amy had accepted his offer, till he'd got them a booth and paid the waiter before Amy could object.

His off-hand stretched onto the top of the empty seat at his side in his recline, stroking lightly at the leather seat.

"I still can't forget that time we were down in Long Beach. The girls were tryna' holler at me, and you got so sick of that shit, you made us bounce right in that moment." Dei chuckled, "Ended up at some shitty diner in Crenshaw-- somethin' like this one, but the food slapped. Freddy's In-n-Out, was it?" Dei continued his quiet laughter, and sighed softly at the memory. "This kinda' reminds me of that. Minus, y'know, us not being together now--"

"-- I feel bad. I do. You don't got to do the song with me, this is me just letting you know. I ain't feel bad then, when it happened, if I'm being honest. But I do now 'cause, well, Evie's doing something similar to me. Feels shitty being on the receiving end, now don't it, Ames?"
He'd posed it as a question to her, but in reality, Dei might've cut fairly deep into himself. The thought lingered in his mind, and for a moment he averted his gaze with Amy just to collect himself.

Fuck, he thought as he quickly regained eye contact.

code by low fidelity.

Damn.

Amy was a bad-ass when she was heated, and Dei was turned on in more than a few ways at her berating him. Maybe it was something about how her eyes burned with a greater fire, her lips pursed into a bright pink smile, and her gaze peered directly into his eyes. For the moment you wouldn't have known that Amy was a complete geek, scenes gave Kordei the impression of a cuter Gen.

Kordei couldn't help but curl his lips once Amy huffed and turned away. He sighed down at his shoes, trying his best to conceal just how impressed he was.

But Kordei wouldn't stop though. He only continued at Amy, poking at the tiger, and honestly trying to set things aright. It was like going fishing, and with time, Amy had finally clamped down onto his hook. "Okay, fine, we can talk..." Was all that Kordei needed to hear. He had her attention now, and even if she pretended to be uninterested, her accepting his offer was her letting him speak his own case.

"Sweet." Dei grinned as Amy's sentence came to an end. She was going to comply. He flashed a wink over to Ellie seated by Nic, and softly pushed his half-eaten container of fries closer to the two of them. "Later, assholes." Kordei teased, before beckoning one of the waitresses over, and seating himself and Amy to a booth several spots down from Ellie. Somewhere some real privacy.

Dei allowed himself to sink back into his seat, and along with Amy, ordered their meal and got on with the rest of things. He twirled the straw between his fingers, sipping softly at the sprinkle-filled vanilla milkshake as he watched Amy seated across of him. Kordei's smirk had never left his face from the moment Amy had accepted his offer, till he'd got them a booth and paid the waiter before Amy could object.

His off-hand stretched onto the top of the empty seat at his side in his recline, stroking lightly at the leather seat.

"I still can't forget that time we were down in Long Beach. The girls were tryna' holler at me, and you got so sick of that shit, you made us bounce right in that moment." Dei chuckled, "Ended up at some shitty diner in Crenshaw-- somethin' like this one, but the food slapped. Freddy's In-n-Out, was it?" Dei continued his quiet laughter, and sighed softly at the memory. "This kinda' reminds me of that. Minus, y'know, us not being together now--"

"-- I feel bad. I do. You don't got to do the song with me, this is me just letting you know. I ain't feel bad then, when it happened, if I'm being honest. But I do now 'cause, well, Evie's doing something similar to me. Feels shitty being on the receiving end, now don't it, Ames?"
He'd posed it as a question to her, but in reality, Dei might've cut fairly deep into himself. The thought lingered in his mind, and for a moment he averted his gaze with Amy just to collect himself.

Fuck, he thought as he quickly regained eye contact.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr IDK PMfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Ash
INTERACTIONS

Trevor

MENTIONS

Nic, Charlie, Lin, Ellie, Lucky

TAGS

ditto ditto

"Oh my god," Ash let out a small laugh, her lips forming into a faint smile as Trevor told his Ferris wheel story. She shook her head, another giggle shaking her chest before she started speaking again. "Like, I love the Ferris wheel but I couldn't imagine riding it seventeen times in a row." At least this time, her smile was genuine.

It could be easy. When one of them was talking, it was almost like that gaping tension wasn't between them. Like Ash could forget for a few seconds what had happened between them and she could just revel in their friendship -- and she wished that it could stay that simple. But this was Ashton West, and Ash wasn't good at letting things go. She wasn't good at dropping things, especially when they involved kissing, making out, feelings... all of that.

When Gen and Evie told her that she could never do hookups, it wasn't because Ash was necessarily soft or because she wouldn't know what to do or whatever. It was because Ash grew attached too fast, too quickly. Well, and the other things. But the point remained -- Ash didn't do single and Ash didn't do drop it and move on well.

So as soon as Trevor's story ended and her laughter faded, she was left with the gnawing in her mind. The thing that demanded attention -- and not because she couldn't accept that maybe Trevor didn't like her, but... because Ash didn't fully believe it. She just needed reassurance. Repeated assurance that there was nothing.

With the silence between them, the tension felt more palatable as they shuffled forward in the line. With them this close, Ash was more hyperaware of the proximity. She did her best to keep her distance -- at least a couple feet between the two of them, to avoid any kind of accidental arm brushings or anything else that might just... add fuel to the fire, so to speak.

Ash had planned to ignore her phone for the night, but with the silence between them uncomfortable and Charlie asking for her in Twitter, well... it wouldn't hurt to kill a few minutes, right? So she took her phone out, answered Charlie (who insisted on coming to the Ferris wheel, which just served in souring her mood), but that was quickly followed by Nic insisting that Ash didn't like him. Which was obviously not the truth but whatever, alright? She could just drop it.

But... he was fucked up...

And she was worried...

And like previously noted, Ash couldn't drop things. And Ash couldn't deal with the idea of someone thinking she hated them without knowing why.

"Sorry," she mumbled to Trevor. "One sec, Charlie wants to come to the Ferris wheel and..." her voice trailed off. She couldn't exactly say it was Nic since, for some reason that she didn't understand, the two boys seemed to hate each other despite never meeting.

She messaged Nic to see what the heck was up and after a little more conversation, she was able to get him to admit that he was drunk and high. Her eyes closed for a moment and she inhaled a deep breath and then exhaled slowly. Alright, so he was fucked up and insisting he could drive. Honestly, could he be any dumber? Ash had been cross faded before and she could attest to the strong inability to barely be able to walk depending on how bad it was, let alone drive.

So then she was messaging Lucky and yeah, he agreed to get Nic and keep him safe, but couldn't figure out where he was.

Ash felt like... a horrible person. She kept reminding herself that it was for Nic -- that it was to keep him safe in the end, but she still felt sick with every lie that she wove and fed to him. And her heart twisted the more that he fell for it, the more that he agreed, until she finally -- finally -- got him to agree to tell her. On three conditions.

hmmm I’ll tell you if you promise not to bring Trevor. And if you admit that our hanging out wa a date. And if you hang out with me tomorrow.

Her fingers hesitated over the phone screen. Her teeth chewed at her bottom lip as she read the words over and over and over. It was just... a lie. She could lie about the first part -- Ash wasn't actually going, of course, and the third one... yeah, of course she'd hangout with Nic! He was a really great friend and she'd had fun with him on Tuesday, so why not?

But... it was the second one...

Admit it was a date...

All she had to do was say it was...

A date...

Ash closed her eyes again. Her teeth bit further into her lip. She brought a hand and rubbed at her face, her fingers brushing against her closed eye, and then she exhaled. Swallowed the lump that was forming in her throat, tried to stop her bottom lip from trembling, tried to keep herself from pacing, or showing too many outward signs of how badly she was panicking.

Her fingers were shaking as she typed out her reply. Agreeing to what he had asked. Her heart pounded, her head started to hurt. It felt like a hand had constricted around her chest as Nic sent a message back saying where he was.

Come and see me, beautiful.

That hit hard.

Ash was a horrible person. Easily bottom of the barrel.

She messaged Lucky, letting him know where Nic was and then she dropped her hand to her side with phone still clenched. One arm wrapped across her stomach and she looked back at the Ferris wheel. She swallowed the lump in her throat again, trying so hard to push down the... the... she didn't even know what she felt anymore.

"So, wanna ride it twenty times to beat your old record, or...?" She looked up at Trevor as she spoke, a wavering smile on her face as she did her best to try and brush off what she'd just done.

But they were still messaging and eventually, Ash was drawn back to the phone. To trying to convince Nic and Ellie to stay where they were, and then to explaining to Charlie what was going on and then.

And then.

Charlie and her were arguing and yelling and Ash couldn't think clearly. She couldn't... she didn't... she didn't know what to say. Her words had been failing her all night long and here they were yet again, failing her.

One thing she knew for certain?

She didn't have feelings for Nic.

But the rest of it ended up so tangled and confusing that Ash didn't even know where to start. She just... she just... shutdown? Oh god, that wasn't even the right world. Her fingers were shaking, she opened her mouth to breathe because she wasn't getting enough oxygen in through her nose. Her lungs felt like they had stopped inflating and deflating. Her stomach hurt so much that she just wanted to sit down on the ground and cry, and she just... she just...

She wanted to curl up into a ball and disappear. Curl up into a ball and block out all the noises of the world around her and break her phone and apologize because she didn't mean what she had said but she didn't know what she had said but it wasn't what she had meant and now Charlie hated her and now Charlie thought Ash hated her and Ash didn't hate anyone and why was that hard why was that so fucking hard for people to understand and why and why and why why.

And then Nic and Ellie were messaging her.

And then they were mad at her.

And then they hated her.

And then they were saying she didn't care.

If Charlie's words had been a knife cutting through her skin, Nic and Ellie's were just salt on the wound.

Her stomach hurt. If there had been anything in her stomach, she would've been puking by now from it. Her stomach hurt. Her head hurt. Her chest felt like someone had reached around her heart and just squeezed. Her lungs weren't working -- the oxygen wasn't coming in, she wasn't breathing, why the fuck wasn't she breathing?

She pressed a hand over her mouth, just under her nose, and exhaled.

Ash was breathing. Okay. Ash was breathing. It was her mind. Her mind her mind her mind that wasn't working and telling her anything right and her mind that was yelling to her.

She turned off her phone. She pressed the power button, waited until it shut down, and slid it into her back pocket. Her hands were still trembling and she stuck them under her armpits to stop them from shaking. Ash started to pace in their spot in line a bit -- nothing major, just bouncing up and down in place, stepping forward and then backwards. Anything that could satisfy that panicking feeling in her head that said she needed to go, go, go, and just... just...

Go.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry," she repeated herself but Ash didn't notice. "I, I, I was trying to ummm... to um, deal with umm something. But it's fine, it's fine. Ferris wheel, yeah?"

She felt like she was choking on her words. As if each word that she tried to utter out was stabbing into her throat like broken glass.

At least the line had moved forward quite a bit, so it wasn't long after this disaster that it ended up being their turn to get onto the Ferris wheel. Ash got onto the little cart first, sliding into the seat. Her hands slid into her pockets and she leaned against the back of the seat and sank down as far as she could go, tilting her head back so that she was looking up.

So she could get a good look of the stars when the Ferris wheel put them up there.

Her teeth bit into her bottom lip, her mind still working a million miles a minute as it tried to sort through the events of the last literal like maybe ten fucking minutes.

In ten fucking minutes, Ash had managed to ruin whatever this patchwork of a date was and piss off three of her friends.

She'd say record, but Ash had done worse in far less time.

Maybe her mom was right. All she was really good at was fucking things up for everyone, right?

code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

Last edited:
MOOD: calmmmmm...ish

OUTFIT: clothes

basics
MENTIONS:
too much work

INT:
LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki (Chase)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Javier Cervantes
"I'm sorry!" Javi exclaimed through his boisterous laughter, "You've just got such a cute little butt. She got a name?" He tilted his head to the side and raised a mischievous eyebrow. The move had been forward even for Javi's standards, but Chase seemed receptive to his brand of fooling around and hadn't stopped him yet. His uncertainties for Chase's comfort faded away when the boy grabbed his hand. He squeezed Chase's hand back harder and ended his noisy laughing fit with a soft chuckle.

"Then the ferris wheel we shall ride, my prince," Javi cooed, shaking Chase gently. He gave Chase a knowing glance to signify that he was aware the boy was withholding information, however he didn't press for any answers. Javi was never one to pry into those matters, considering he could get just as good of a read on someone by analyzing their words and actions rather than hearing their life stories. It probably also helped that Chase had unknowingly admitted to harboring feelings for Javi in their DMs, but right now wasn't the best time for Javi to make it known that he knew all along.

If he played his cards right, Chase could stick around a lot longer. Javi wasn't at all in the market for a relationship or anything serious, but he had to admit this softer side of Chase was endearing. Out of curiosity and blatant lust, he vowed to get closer to the shorter boy and get to know him better. After all, what kind of hookup would Javi be if he didn't give his partners both physical and emotional support? He'd become an expert in the field of getting to know others, all while revealing very little about himself. And as long as things stayed casual, he'd like to keep it that way. Commitments are a drag, am I right?

The walk to the ferris wheel was mostly silent, aside from Javi and Chase's occasional bout of bickering and crude flirting. Javi was keen on enjoying the moment, taking in his surroundings and reminding himself of the fact that it was a good night and that he was happy. Was part of it from his high? Maybe, but he'd like to think he still would have been pretty content regardless. Chase could have a good time, even if he pretended he didn't want to.

Once they were in line, Javi looked down at Chase and planted a kiss right on the center on his smooth, pale cheek. The curly-haired boy pulled his date in closer to his chest. The weed always had a way of softening up the typically hot-headed and emotionally volatile skater boy that was Javier Cervantes. As crass and sensual as he already was, Javi was even more touchy when high. Not so much in a sexual way, but more so because the feeling of warmth radiating off of Chase and their closeness brought him comfort. "So you like the ferris wheel the best, eh? I was always more of a roller coaster kind of guy myself." He winked, as if a preference for thill rides was supposed to be enticing. "Shocking, right?"
code by valen t.

basics

idk

mentions

nate Winona Winona
interactions
Evelyn Sinclaire
evie ~ eighteen ~ senior ~ plastics; fashion

Evie rolled her eyes playfully as Nate backtracked and said that his idea probably wasn’t as unique as he’d said it was. She didn’t believe him. Being that she’d seen his work before, Evelyn knew how talented he was so she had no doubt that whatever he came up with would be amazing. But your...face will be the focus. The comment was followed by the sound of him clearing his throat and while it could’ve been awkward, it made her smirk. “Guess I better bring my A-game then, huh?” she joked, taking another bite of her food before deciding that she was full and wrapping it back up in the foil.

When he asked about her fashion show idea, she perked up a bit and gave a quick nod. "Yeah, I have been working on designs since the last show actually. I have a few done but I will need to fix them based on everyone's measurements," she explained. Given that Adriane and Gus had agreed to model for her along with Dei, Nate, and even Minnie, she needed to figure out who and what she was gonna use. It would be a shit show otherwise and she needed this to be a success.

“Surprisingly a few people said they’d model for me. I’m pretty sure Dei only did because he likes the spotlight so I’m not sure if it was a serious offer,” she shrugged. "I know you said you'd help but you don't have to. I mean, you have the face and body for it but I know it's not your thing," she laughed a little as she said it. Evie didn't want him to be uncomfortable on the stage but at the same time, she did think he'd be perfect as she actually wouldn't hate working with him. "Of course, I'd love for you to be in it but it's totally up to you," she added.

Evelyn opened her mouth to ask if they should go try out some rides or games, get into the actual fall festival thing and all. Before she could though, her phone started to vibrate on the table in front of her and a name she recognized flashed across the screen. It was that of the designer she'd worked with last year and Evie was hopeful that she was calling about the designs the girl had submitted a few weeks prior. “Shit, it's Diane Wells. That designer I told you about a while back. Give me a minute? I am gonna find somewhere quiet. I'll be back," she said, jumping up from the table and answering the call.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillersdlerfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillderfillerfilr
... trevor callaghan ...
MOOD

fairgrounds

TAGS

ash Winona Winona

Perhaps things were going well for Trevor and Ash now. His story had gotten a smile and a soft laugh from her, and a light blush came onto his cheek without him realizing it. Temporarily— momentarily— he had felt as if he had patched over that pothole in their road with a newer, much stronger substance. Sure, it wasn’t exactly concrete, but it was built to last. If things continued like this, then the date would go off without a hitch. His trap would keep shut, and the half-dead, rabies-ridden possum inside wouldn’t crawl out and sink its rotting, crooked teeth into her. The night would end with him alone in his room or out on the balcony, blowing smoke until he reached beyond oblivion, and in the morning, he’d have no memory of what happened tonight because it would all be pressed from his mind. He’d do with tonight what he had told himself that he would do with homecoming night— he would say fuck it, push any sentiment he had about it to the back of his brain, and force himself to build a bridge and get over it.

His feelings, after the night was over, were leaving his brain. He wasn’t going to think about them anymore. They belonged in his heart, caged up beneath heavy blankets until they suffocated or starved. There was no point in thinking about them, as he saw it. Thinking about them had gotten him this far in the date. Thinking about his feelings had made everything so awkward before. ow that things were going well, he was pushing them back. He wasn’t going to think again. He wasn’t going to consider confessing again. Hell, he wasn’t even going to allow himself to lust after her any longer. He was going to tone down the Ash bone, shove it back in his pocket, and ignore it like it never existed or make himself find some girl who was close enough that was satisfy his desires.

He could do that after tonight. After this great display of how strong their friendship was and how not-awkward they could be, he knew that that was the best course of action: doing what he hadn’t done since a few months ago and sleeping around again. Once a great past time of his, thanks to all of this, he hadn’t been able to get her out of his mind. Like he’d told Nate, it was like something inside of him wouldn’t let him.

But eh. After tonight, any blonde girl would work, right? They would…aaaaaall be the same, right? All just girls who he felt no feelings for whatsoever.

Things were looking up. Hurrah.

(All of this cognation happened within the few short seconds that her smile lasted.)

Her smile faded, and the silence seeped back in.

No. No, no. Things were looking up, he said. Pessimism was one of his vices on that list that his O Great Author had written down in the expansive book of his miserable persona, so this uncharacteristic optimism had to be genuine, right? There had to be some truth behind it, right? Right?

His plan could still remain. That hole in his and Ash’s road was still patched up. The rabid possum within his chest was still caged, though a bit stirred, and everything was fine— fine. Absolutely fine. Just like tonight was supposed to be.

Fine. Great. Grand.

He was having such a grand old time.

His eyes noticed her pulling something from her pocket, and a glow lit up her face.

Shite. Shite. Shite. Shite.

No. No, girls got on their phones on dates. That was a normal thing. In the routine, awkward, still silences that fell over the two lovers— who weren’t even lovers, in this case— it was typical for the girl to pull out her phone to avoid speaking.

Shite. She was doing that to avoid talking to him.

Shite. Shite.

Things had been going great. And then he’d paused for a moment and then it had fallen down again.

It was like back at the table, when she’d brought up homecoming. He felt that same panic, that same need but inability to fill the silence, and he didn’t even open his lips to stammer and stutter to try to stir up the dust within his void brain. He just stood there, staring at the wheel, letting his feet move him forward as his hot face grew sweaty, his hands grew clammy, his throat grew dry, and a familiar, tight headache wrapped around his brain. He clenched his jaw in pain.

Feck. Feck. He was cursing himself. Speaking was so easy. Why had he let the silence fall over the— why hadn’tt he snatched it up before it settled. Now it was awkward and he was getting that feeling again—

That feeling that he should confess.

If he confessed, then it would all be over. If he confessed, then he could stop sweating and they could stop ignoring the pothole. Sure, then he’d be knocking down the whole road— he’d be taking out an entire street, and that would take out an intersection, which would take out the entire city— but the hastily-applied, now-molded bandaid would be ripped off of the gaping, infected wound. If he confessed, then this would get this whole thing over with. They could leave his friendship behind, and he didn’t even care about salvaging it.

He wanted this to be over. He wanted this to be over.

He fucking hated himself. He didn’t have any balls. He didn’t have any balls, he didn’t have any balls, he didn’t have any balls. He didn’t have the balls to look at Ash and shoot himself in the foot. He didn’t have the balls to smile in Ash’s face as he jumped backwards off a building with a rope tied to his waste but not to the ledge. He didn’t have the balls to ruin this.

He didn’t have the balls to ruin her. He didn’t have the balls to…

He didn’t have the balls to say that he’d been lying this whole time to her. He didn’t have the balls to admit that he’d been holding them back, that this was all his fault, and that...

That he felt things for her. That he didn’t know what he felt, but it wasn’t just him wanted to spend a night or two in his bed with her. Sure, it had been that at first, but it had grown from that— and he didn’t like that. He didn’t want to say that. He didn’t have those kinds of balls.

He knew how he was. He knew what would happen if she did actually reciprocate.

But his thoughts were running wild past his growing layer of sweat.

”So, wanna ride it twenty times to beat your old record, or...?"

He looked down at her, his eyes meeting hers. Her hazel eyes stilled his heart—

And then he felt a pang.

Something was wrong.

Her smile was wobbly— but not in the awkward way. In the hurt way.

Her eyes went back to her phone, and he continued to look down at her for a moment before realizing what he was doing and looking away.

Something was the matter with her. He didn’t know what, but he was pretty sure that there was.

Why did he care, though? He didn’t need to. It was none of his business. None of his business. None of his business whatsoever. Friends could be concerned, but they still had to stay in their lane. Dates could be concerned, but it was none of their business what the other person got up to.

But why did he have such a bad feeling about this?

She looked so pale and hurt inside.

Was she okay? Did she feel like she was going to puke? Had someone slipped something into the—

None of his busine—

Was it a text on her phone? Was it Twitter again?

Had there just been some bad news or something?

What did that expression mean?

He shouldn’t’ve cared. It was none of his concern. None of his business.

He was fine.

Their hole was patched, he was fine, and he didn’t care about what what happening with her because it was a personal problem. Not because he was a dick, but because it was none of his business.

Not because he was trying his fiercest to seem like he didn’t care. Not because he was trying to act like it hadn’t physically pained him to see that look in her eyes.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry.”

He looked down at her again. She wasn’t looking up at him this time. Her voice felt weaker than usual. Less heavy, more…emotional. Through her repetitive words, he tried to listen for what was really going on.

Because something was.

“I, I, I was trying to ummm... to um, deal with umm something. But it's fine, it's fine. Ferris wheel, yeah?"

Something was very wrong.

As they stepped into the cart and her eyes turned away from him, he could feel that it was in a different way than before.

She wasn’t looking away because it was awkward.

She was looking away because she didn’t want to see anyone else. She was looking away because of what she had seen on her phone.

She was looking away because she wanted to get away.

She was hurting.

She was hurting.

She was hurting, and he was sitting idly by, acting like he didn’t care.

Which was the righ—

No, it fucking wasn’t. He shook his head at himself, huffing a sigh and turning towards Ash.

She was hurting, and it was none of his business.

But she was hurting, and he could help.

The panic that he had felt still pounded in the back of his head, sure. His head still ached to all hell. His throat was dry, his face was hot, and he was sweating.

But their predicament wasn’t important right now. Their relationship or not-relationship or whatever the hell it was was not a factor.

In the moment, in this instant that Trevor opened his mouth, he wasn’t speaking as her friend or her date or an acquaintance or a boy who wanted to get in her pants or a boy who had a crush on her.

He was speaking to her as Trevor, a nobody. Trevor, an entity.

Trevor, someone who cared, period.

“Ash, tell me what’s wrong.”

His voice was firmer than he had expected it to be, but he didn’t rescind it. Even though his body wished for him to recoil and everything in his brain screamed at him to shut up, his pounding heart told him:

“Something is the matter. Tell me. What just happened?” His full attention was on her, his eyes focused on her. His heart pounded in his chest, and his tongue felt heavy on his mouth, but he was acting on some odd, protective instinct that he didn't understand. "Don't say that it's nothing. I need ta know. You can tell me."

jordan

MOOD: nervous but excited.
TAGS: juliette Soap Soap , ava Winona Winona
As much as Jordan had wanted to stay mad, it was difficult to do so at the fall fair. The aura of games, sweets, and fall had been far too enticing. After Kai had so abruptly ditched him, Jordan was hit with the sudden realization that after this entire affair, he'd still be tossed back into school with the rivaling Gen and JJ. He may as well enjoy the little peace of mind he had before the inevitable came to pass.

In a short period of time, Jordan had beaten this year's corn maze on his own (and devoured a giant stick of corn as his prize), absolutely killed the balloon dart throw, and was walking down the fairgrounds with a bright, unicorn plush-toy tucked under his arm pit, and a stick of candy apple in the other when he knocked into a crying child.

His eyes thinned down onto the teary kid, and then up at its mother. He rose his stuffed unicorn to the mother to make sure speaking to her son was fine, which was followed by a grateful smile that quickly intoxicated Jordan and left him smiling too.

"Hey, lil' man, what's the problem?" Jordan inquired, and dropped to one knee.

"She-- she took the blue beaaaar." The child cried his words out, sniffing and huffing, and occasionally wiping at his nose. The fall fair was a time to enjoy, especially for the kids, and yet someone had ruined this kid's day? Jordan wasn't going to have it, especially if it meant further distracting himself from his drama at school.

"Woah, woah, she? Who was the meanie?" Jordan inquired with furrowed brows. "I.. I dunno' but she had really, really red hair. Like Meredith in Brave."

If this were a cartoon, a floating light bulb would've illuminated over Jordan's head as he'd put two and two together. Ava was the meanie! And if Ava was at the fair, that also meant that JJ would be here too.

"Well that sucks. I hope you win somethin' else." Jordan shrugged, rose up to his feet, and skipped away with his unicorn in hand.

If he hadn't been so distracted with the idea of seeing JJ maybe he might've offered his own stuffed animal... Who the hell was he kidding? There was no way that Jordan was going to give some stranger his hard earned toy. Everybody knew that the balloon dart was the most rigged fair-game, and yet he'd came up victorious with the most vied for prized. If the fair was set up like last year, Ava's blue bear wouldn't compare to the pink mane, and golden horn of his white-furred unicorn!

Jordan's inclinations proved themselves correct as he came up from behind JJ and Ava, just in time it seemed as Ava had the blue bear in question stretched out over to JJ. He, and Ava had this little game running where they tried to one up each other on what they could do for JJ. It was lots of fun really, and Jordan loved the idea of Ava encouraging him to do more for JJ. What a wholesome bestie.

"I really wonder when you guys started leaving crying kids in your wake." Jordan teased, bouncing ahead of the two. He walked backwards in front of them, as they continued ahead, and stretched out his unicorn over to JJ. Partially as a "sorry" for how things had been left off on the roof, and partially because he just wanted to impress the girl that he liked.

"Don't worry, you can keep yours, Ava!" Jordan smiled at his act of generosity. "I got JJ a bigger one. Do you like it?" His brown eyes settled over JJ's there and then. Maybe he was a little nervous at how she'd react, but shying away only seemed counter-intuitive. Plus, along with his initial plan to find Ava and JJ, Jordan had something even bigger planned up his sleeve.

code by low fidelity.

As much as Jordan had wanted to stay mad, it was difficult to do so at the fall fair. The aura of games, sweets, and fall had been far too enticing. After Kai had so abruptly ditched him, Jordan was hit with the sudden realization that after this entire affair, he'd still be tossed back into school with the rivaling Gen and JJ. He may as well enjoy the little peace of mind he had before the inevitable came to pass.

In a short period of time, Jordan had beaten this year's corn maze on his own (and devoured a giant stick of corn as his prize), absolutely killed the balloon dart throw, and was walking down the fairgrounds with a bright, unicorn plush-toy tucked under his arm pit, and a stick of candy apple in the other when he knocked into a crying child.

His eyes thinned down onto the teary kid, and then up at its mother. He rose his stuffed unicorn to the mother to make sure speaking to her son was fine, which was followed by a grateful smile that quickly intoxicated Jordan and left him smiling too.

"Hey, lil' man, what's the problem?" Jordan inquired, and dropped to one knee.

"She-- she took the blue beaaaar." The child cried his words out, sniffing and huffing, and occasionally wiping at his nose. The fall fair was a time to enjoy, especially for the kids, and yet someone had ruined this kid's day? Jordan wasn't going to have it, especially if it meant further distracting himself from his drama at school.

"Woah, woah, she? Who was the meanie?" Jordan inquired with furrowed brows. "I.. I dunno' but she had really, really red hair. Like Meredith in Brave."

If this were a cartoon, a floating light bulb would've illuminated over Jordan's head as he'd put two and two together. Ava was the meanie! And if Ava was at the fair, that also meant that JJ would be here too.

"Well that sucks. I hope you win somethin' else." Jordan shrugged, rose up to his feet, and skipped away with his unicorn in hand.

If he hadn't been so distracted with the idea of seeing JJ maybe he might've offered his own stuffed animal... Who the hell was he kidding? There was no way that Jordan was going to give some stranger his hard earned toy. Everybody knew that the balloon dart was the most rigged fair-game, and yet he'd came up victorious with the most vied for prized. If the fair was set up like last year, Ava's blue bear wouldn't compare to the pink mane, and golden horn of his white-furred unicorn!

Jordan's inclinations proved themselves correct as he came up from behind JJ and Ava, just in time it seemed as Ava had the blue bear in question stretched out over to JJ. He, and Ava had this little game running where they tried to one up each other on what they could do for JJ. It was lots of fun really, and Jordan loved the idea of Ava encouraging him to do more for JJ. What a wholesome bestie.

"I really wonder when you guys started leaving crying kids in your wake." Jordan teased, bouncing ahead of the two. He walked backwards in front of them, as they continued ahead, and stretched out his unicorn over to JJ. Partially as a "sorry" for how things had been left off on the roof, and partially because he just wanted to impress the girl that he liked.

"Don't worry, you can keep yours, Ava!" Jordan smiled at his act of generosity. "I got JJ a bigger one. Do you like it?" His brown eyes settled over JJ's there and then. Maybe he was a little nervous at how she'd react, but shying away only seemed counter-intuitive. Plus, along with his initial plan to find Ava and JJ, Jordan had something even bigger planned up his sleeve.

Charlie Howell
Charlie couldn’t help but burst into laughter as Lin approached, raving about Puerto Rico and his three ex-wives and hallucinogens. As soon as Lin started laughing himself, Charlie only grew louder and more uncontrolled with her laughing, dissolving into a fit of giggles as her cheeks ached with her smile and her abdomen burned with the endless chuckling. Of course, what else was expected with Charlie and Lin together. If they weren’t cracking jokes and laughing until they cried, they were likely in a competition of some sort.

That’s how things always were with them. Some would call it predictable. But for Charlie? It was the best thing in her world.

“Charlie-Lite? Nah, I’m like fun-sized. You know, like how those tiny chocolate bars you get on Halloween are called fun-sized.” Charlie joked, leaning back to rest against the picnic table behind her. “Though, I don’t really know why they call them fun-sized. What’s fun about getting less candy?”

George the Rasta Banana was taken from her grasp, leaving Charlie to dramatically cross her arms over her chest. Throwing on her best fake scowl, she watched as Lin hoisted the oversized stuffed fruit out in front of him. He looked as if he was some sort of proud parent, watching as his kid trotted off to school for the first time. Hell, if you took a picture of the two and cropped it at Lin’s elbows, it would probably make for a damn good inspirational poster about being proud of your family. But, in a rather odd and unexpected turn of events, Lin was handing George the Rasta Banana back to Charlie.

“Aw I can’t take both of them. You worked so hard for him!” Charlie said, holding them back out in front of her. But she could tell from the look on Lin’s face that he was not about to take them back. Instead, Charlie handed him back the stuffed llama that had been earned from her points. “Here. Take Sir Vergil. We’ll have like joint custody or whatever. Besides, if I take George and you take Vergil, we both won each other prizes to remember this date by. You can hold Vergil tight, he’ll totally take away your nightmares and stuff. Very soothing, he’s truly a magical llama, man.”

Charlie followed Lin’s lead, laughing as she struggled around with George in her grasp, walking beside him as they weaved through the fair. She couldn’t quite shake the feeling that the two of them just hanging out felt so… Natural. Nothing was forced, even though it had technically begun as a blind date. But, the nervousness had left Charlie as soon as she took the banana and ran off with it as if the wind had carried it off with each running step. Everything felt so genuine, so natural, as if they had been joking around at fairs together for years.

“You didn’t win shit!” Charlie giggled, playfully bumping her hip into Lin’s as they walked. “I totally won that race. AND I also won George’s heart so HA! Also, George is not my ‘side-hoe’. He’s clearly my main squeeze. You, Lin, you are my side-hoe. Duh.”

The next thing Charlie knew, Lin was saying something about corndogs and running off with his wallet in hand and Vergil the llama under his arm, dragging Charlie along behind him. To be honest, Charlie had absolutely no clue what was going on. Were they even going to have time to eat before Lin was rushing them off to the next exciting thing? Probably not. Charlie doubted that anything could top corndogs in Lin’s mind. Food acquired, the two found a table and grabbed a seat, having barely sat down before Lin was devouring his meal. Without waiting for Lin to say anything, Charlie reached across the table and snagged one of the corndogs for herself, digging in with a small smile on her face.

“I am convinced these things have to be like the number one contributor to clogged arteries. They’re so greasy but damn, they’re so good.” Charlie speculated as she danced around a little bit in her seat, a satisfied smile on her face at the taste of the sickeningly bad-for-her carnival food. What was a carnival without the horrible junk food and stomach aches anyways?

“I didn’t realize until, like, a month ago, that they’re called corndogs because of the cornbread stuff around them— I thought that they were called corndogs because the pigs were Southern.”

Charlie looked up from her food, a look of pure confusion on her face. Her eyes scanned Lin’s face, narrowing as she attempted to figure out if Lin was joking or if he was serious. To be honest, Charlie really couldn’t tell. So, she simply laughed, crossing her legs underneath her on the bench.

“Ah yes. Genuine southern hog right here. Nothing to do with the breading, noooo, not at all. Yeehaws only.” Charlie teased as she cleaned the last bit of the corndog off the stick, placing it carefully down inside the cardboard box it had come in. “I don’t know if they are, but you should totally enter if they do. It is truly impressive how much you can eat and I’ve heard the prizes are really good. I think the nausea is totally worth like a hundred bucks or something. You could totally do it too. Lindsay Kay, champion corndog eater!”

After the pair were done eating, and one apple cider break later, Charlie sat quietly for a moment, listening to the sounds of the fair, taking in as many sights as she could and ignoring the fact that she was somehow always drawn back to Lin. If she was really dumb or really bad at flirting, Charlie would have probably said something along the lines of ‘the fair is cool and all but not as cool as you’ or something really dumb. How absolutely corny would that be? Luckily, Charlie had better game than that.

“You wanna go puke on the twirly arm ride thingy?” She asked as she leaned forward, wiggling her eyebrows playfully. Standing up and disposing of their garbage, Charlie held her hand out, nodding to the large purple ride in the distance. “Come on, I’ve heard it's extra unsafe this year. Ten bucks says some kid gets launched from it or something.”

Grabbing Lin’s hand, Charlie pulled him off the bench of the picnic table. Normally, she would have let go as soon as he was up. But blind dates weren’t their normal, no matter how natural it felt. So, instead of letting go, Charlie simply readjusted her hand’s position to firmly grasp onto Lin’s hand, her fingers lacing with his as she pulled him along behind her to the ride. Fuck it! That’s what dates were for, right? Might as well make the best of it.

✩══════════════════✩​

After multiple rides and a few different carnival games, Charlie found herself tuckered out from the adrenaline and in desperate need of a chill down moment. Sure, she loved the thrill as much as the next person, but her poor aching head needed a break from all the twirls and all the loop-de-loops and all the drops. More than anything, she needed a moment to collect herself and her thoughts.

Things were beginning to feel out of her control, though perhaps not in a bad way. Charlie was having fun, genuinely having fun. For the first time since school started, her smiles were full and bright and shining with the light of life that had dulled within her. Her laughs bubbled from her chest, her jokes rolling off her tongue like a language she had studied for years. But, even despite the comfort of everything between her and Lin feeling so natural to her, Charlie was still struggling to get a grip on everything that was happening. One minute, she was forgetting they were technically on a date. The next, she was forgetting that the date had been blind and not set up by her or Lin. The next, she was forgetting that the two of them were not already dating and that technically, this was their first date. Ultimately, Charlie had given up on pretending to understand her racing thoughts and palpitating heart. If she was meant to understand it, she would. For that moment, she just needed to be and to enjoy herself. Charlie thought deserved that much.

“Hey, can you hold onto George for me? I’m gonna run to the bathroom while we’re by an actual building and not one of those nasty ass portapotties.” Charlie asked, handing George over to Lin. “I won’t be long. Meet you back out here in a few.”

Charlie dipped into the building through a set of large doors and further into the bathroom on her right. The place was, surprisingly, empty. After making sure she was genuinely alone, Charlie walked herself to the sink. Placing her phone on the counter beside her, screen facing up towards the ceiling, before bracing herself on the edge of the sink to peer into the polished mirror.

“Well, what a turn of events this was, huh?” Charlie giggled to herself, fixing up her hair as she collected her thoughts.

Taking the moment to breathe and simply relax was proving beneficial, her thoughts organizing themselves as she fixed herself up. Sufficiently fixed up, Charlie closed her eyes as she stood by the sink, focusing on her breathing. Everything was going to be okay. For the first time since the whole blind fair date thing got brought up, Charlie believed that.

It was going well. It was going to be okay…

BUZZ BUZZ.

Charlie’s eyes slowly fluttered open, looking down at her screen. Twitter. Of course it was. What a damn surprise that people couldn’t stay out of drama for two and a half minutes to actually enjoy the fair. Charlie’s face scrunched up. Would it be hypocritical to actually check her messages? Probably. Was she going to do it anyways? Definitely.

She should never have flicked that screen alive, never clicked into the Blue Bird of Death and Destruction. If she had played dumb, if she had just minded her own business for once, nothing would have happened. Charlie would have walked out to Lin, still full of smiles and confidence. Their date would have continued on like the world wasn’t burning around them. Ignorance would have been bliss.

Oh hush up. You don’t know anything.

The first blow, delivered by an intoxicated Nic. The words knocked the breath from Charlie’s chest, her thumbs hovering over the keyboard.

I told you you didn’t know anything, and you don’t. Not about what I’m going through right now.

Of course she didn’t. Charlie absolutely did not have a clue about what had set Nic off or why she was suddenly his public enemy number one. But her confusion did little to dull the ache in her chest.

Sorry that we're not doing things exactly how you envisioned.

Nic, Charlie understood. But Ash? Had she really fucked up that much? What had she done? Everything Charlie did was to make them happy, two people she valued more than herself. They deserved all the happiness in the world. Had she truly brought them agony?

But go ahead, keep putting words in my mouth. Whatever makes you feel better.

Whatever makes you feel better.

Whatever makes you feel better.

Charlie kept reading over that last sentence. ‘Whatever makes you feel better’. It was not phrased as a question, more a statement, yet Charlie still asked herself the question. What was going to make her feel better? Was anything going to make her feel better at that point? After she ruined everything, turning what was supposed to be a joyous occasion for everyone into a pit of fire fanned by her own hands? Charlie had lied to everyone. She promised happiness and comfort and light in a time that otherwise seemed stressful and dark. Yet she was the main vehicle for the discomfort, for the sadness. For the hatred. Charlie’s breath refused to enter her chest, tears flowing openly down her cheeks. They hated her. They all hated her. As they should. Who would want to be around someone that brought nothing but pain with them?

So, what would make her feel better?

Charlie thought back to that morning. To her bed and the sinking feeling of dread that ate away at the core of her stomach, leaving her abdomen hollow and her fingers cold. To the night before when she had cried into her pillow, the disgust in herself boiling over the edge of the pot that was her mind. To the weekend before when her control abandoned her in a fit of rage that was proving to become a defining factor of who she was as a person.

It hurt. Everything hurt.

Charlie’s fingers typed but her mind was elsewhere, a voice echoing around inside her head. The words that had dug deep gashes into her skin reverberating around inside of her hollow skull. They were right. They had to be right. First, people Charlie disliked told her. Now, some of her closest friends were confirming thoughts she had attempted to convince herself weren’t true. She was a bad person. She was a bad friend. She had no purpose but to hurt people around her.

Gasps for breath were met with a stabbing pain in Charlie’s chest as she braced herself on the wall for comfort. The edges of her vision were falling blurry in cohorts with the tears that flowed freely down her face. Her hands shook, her knees wobbling and threatening to give out. What if she fell? If she fell, she could leave. Maybe she’d hit her head, pass out, rest her excruciating thoughts that sat behind her and tormented her with each sharp hiss of reality.

Lin.

Oh fuck. She was still on her date.

Charlie had to collect herself. She had to get Lin away from her. She was blowing up, crumbling apart, shattering like a vase having been pushed from a table to the floor. No amount of delicate Kintsugi would repair her, to make her an ounce of desirable to any desperate individual. Lin had to go, he had to leave her alone, he had to enjoy his time. He deserved better. Though, Charlie didn’t have to be mid panic attack to know that. Lin deserved a world of opportunity she couldn’t give to him.

But no amount of pleading or begging could get Lin to budge. He seemed certain that he wasn’t going anywhere. Charlie couldn’t understand why. No amount of logic could allow her to understand why he wasn’t leaving. It wasn’t abandonment. Charlie was asking him to go, to just leave her to implode upon herself. But there he was, steadfast in his decision. Even through her blurred vision and the thumping pain inside her head, she knew that there was no changing his mind.

Fuck it. If he wasn’t leaving, Charlie couldn’t make him. The few minutes she had allotted herself to pick up her broken pieces was far from enough. Sure, she didn’t look horrible, but the expression that refused to leave her face and the sag in her shoulders spoke volumes over any amount of makeup she could apply. Why was she bothering? Was he not just going to leave anyways?

Charlie exited the building, keeping her eyes to the ground. Looking up as she was outside the doors, her heart crumbled as she saw Lin once again. Keeping herself together was fucking useless. He had just told her to let it happen, to just let herself feel. So, without much of another thought, Charlie practically ran up to Lin, throwing herself into his chest as her arms snaked around his waist, pulling him as close as she could to her.

Charlie couldn’t speak. Her voice felt as if it was going to shatter if she used it, a burn at the back of her throat spurring her silence. She had expected to start crying again. But no tears ever came. Charlie could feel her breath slowing, the pain of every comment receding. She felt safe.

“I…” Charlie eventually tried to manage, still nestled into Lin’s chest. “I ruined everything. Fuck it, I ruined everything.” The silence returned as Charlie slowly looked up at Lin, her chin resting on his chest as her face softened. “Well, almost everything. I hope I didn’t ruin this too. Us, I mean. I don’t know what I’d do if I lost you today too. I’m so sorry giving you one of the shittiest first worst dates in the history of shitty first dates. I’ve really outdone myself this time.”

the fair

mood

'it isn't too late to give up, is it?'

outfit

autumn vibes

tags

lin ditto ditto
ash (twitter) Winona Winona
nic (twitter) Kio.exe Kio.exe
coded by natasha.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr IDK PMfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Ash
INTERACTIONS

Trevor

MENTIONS

Nic, Charlie, Lin, Ellie, Lucky

TAGS

ditto ditto

“Ash, tell me what’s wrong.”

Nothing was wrong, but everything was wrong. But it was nothing -- it was... it would be... nothing. She just needed some time to relax, some time to let the stress that was squeezing her chest release its bitter hold, and Ash would be fine and this, just like everything else in her life that left her feeling utterly helpless, would fade.

“Something is the matter. Tell me. What just happened?”

Her lips parted to form the words that she had grown far too familiar with. Words designed to brush people off, to release them from the feeling that they needed to ask.

"Don't say that it's nothing. I need ta know. You can tell me."

No words trickled out of her mouth. How did Trevor know exactly what she was going to say? Because of course, of course, she was going to say "It's nothing." It's nothing. It's fine. Phrases designed to quell people's worries so they could get on with the finer things in life, the things that mattered more because, as her mother had drilled into her brain from a young age...

People didn't care.

Letting them care, venting to them and pouring out your heart, was the best way to end up alone. It was a formality -- asking how someone was doing, asking if they were okay, was all a formality. People didn't want an actual answer, because people didn't care.

She closed her lips and chewed at the inside of her lip. No words poured out yet as the Ferris wheel started to shift, moving them forward a bit. All Ash could see at the moment was slivers of the sky through the other carts and the framework of the wheel. Her eyes tried to make out familiar constellations, but she couldn't with so little sky visible.

Ash tore her eyes away from the slivers of sky to turn her head to face Trevor. Her eyes searched his face for a moment, trying to figure out if he was... serious. If he wanted her to talk, or if it was just a formality.

She couldn't see any lie on his face, so her eyes locked with his.

"Everything," Ash whispered. She swallowed the lump in her throat. "I just... I didn't want Nic to get hurt, so I just... I told him some stuff. Promised him some things so he'd tell me where he was and I could tell Lucky. Well I didn't think he'd go on public Twitter and just start... start telling everyone that I was ditching you to go see him, right? And I just..."

She needed to stop talking. Needed to stop explaining things to someone that could care less. After this night, they weren't going to talk again. After this night, whatever was between them would be no more. It would be done. Over. So spilling these thoughts, these worries, to Trevor would just cement the fact that she was an overemotional bitch.

But she didn't stop.

"So I messaged Charlie to tell her what was happening so she wouldn't get mad at me again for 'not giving the date with Trevor a fair try,'" Ash turned her face away from Trevor as the Ferris wheel shifted again and now, now, she could see the stars. That at least helped her calm down. "So she asks me if I like Nic, which I don't, which then always -- always -- turns into her pushing me about you. 'Just tell Trevor you like him.' 'You're going to hurt Trevor if you keep leading him on.' 'Trevor likes you but he won't admit it.'"

Ash hesitated. She. Needed. To. Stop. Her chest felt like it had caved in.

"Everything goes back to you. Charlie gets pissed at me about us not dating. Eli tells me you're running. Nic whines about me liking you. Lin says they picked the perfect guy and we were going to fuck in a Porta-Potty. And I..." her voice trailed off. She chewed on her lip for a moment.

"Everyone is so wrapped up in this idea that you like me and that I'm going to hurt you that no one will shut up and listen when I tell them that we talked about it and you just want to be friends. No one cares, and I'm so... tired of everyone being more worried about how you're feeling and how you might get hurt that no one is asking how I feel, and no one is listening when I tell them what you said, and... and..."

"I don't know what to do."

MOOD: why

OUTFIT: Black sweatpants and white jean jacket

basics
MENTIONS:
NA
INT:
Casey ( fin fin )
tags
TL;DR Oli is going fucking insane.
tl;dr
Oliver James
Crash, shhh.

Crash, shhh

Oli didn’t want to go to the fair, and yet here he was, in a car on his way there. Casey, of course, true to her nature, had dragged him there, and now sat with a self satisfied grin in his passenger seat, her feet propped up on the dash.

He’d only agreed to go so he wouldn’t have to sit in their apartment alone, memories of Rosalie threatening to crush him. The first anniversary of her death was in three days, and for the past week he’d felt like dull knives were being driven into his chest. Oliver supposed this was Casey’s way of trying to cheer him up. Not that it would work.

Crash, shh.

At her comment about his driving, he merely frowned in her direction, not bothering to respond. Talking felt like too much work anyways. Hell, even driving felt like too much energy and yet here he was, his white knuckles gripping the steering wheel of his “Karen-mobile”, as his uncle called it. It was a navy blue Ford Escape, and while most guys boast about their cars being their pride and joy, Oliver didn’t care much. He didn’t care much about anything.

He hadn’t in 362 days.

Crash, shh.

It was a weird thing, suddenly feeling nothing. One day the world had been full of color and sound. Now? Nothing remained but a howling void of memories and whispered “what ifs”. He didn’t know which end of the spectrum broke his heart more.

Out the window of the car, Hollywood Beach was visible, the fall weather coloring it grey and dismal. Oliver looked away quickly, rolling up his window. He hated the sound of the waves hitting the shore, the squeaking of sea birds. A long sigh escapes him as his grip tightened on the steering wheel.

Crash, shh.

“We’re almost there,” he mumbled, the sound of his own voice sounding strange and foreign. The sounds of the ocean could still be heard despite the closed windows. His hand shaking, he reached for the knob to turn up the volume of the radio, not particularly caring what was on, as long as it drowned out the sounds of the water.
The “crash, shhhh,” of the waves was ringing in his ears, in his memories, however and no matter how loud the music got it wouldn’t stop. It would never stop, would it?

Crash, shh.

Please stop.

Crash—

Is it over?

Shh.

code by valen t.

Last edited:

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfilslsderlerfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfisdsdllerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
... michael reid ...
MOOD

fucking done.

fairgrounds

TAGS

ronnie hery hery nate Winona Winona

Michael could really do without the patronization of the broken condom. He knew that the confidence and teasing was all parroted, but what a little bitch she was. With her wide eyes and bent lips, she looked more in pain than flirtatious or innocent. “Chicken?” He grinned at her as they were ushered inside of the place, holding back his anger. “Who’re you calling a chicken, babe?” He put his hands beneath his armpits and gave his bent elbows a wiggle with a chuckle. “Or, perhaps I should say, banty chick.”

Target on my temple. You’ve got your finger on the great big trigger in the sky.

Pull it.

He set his eyes ahead, assuring himself that, if he stared straight ahead and didn’t look at anything around him, he could tune Ronnie out and ignore her clutching to him. He drew in deep breaths. As the lanky boy began to walk away from them, he knew that they were approaching the place where it all—

SHIT.

When he saw the décor of the room in the low light, something triggered in his head that made him want to vomit. He was queasy. His mouth filled with saliva, and his stomach grew hot, a surefire sign that he was on the edge of vomiting. His chest felt tighten, and his hands began to shake.

He hated these things. He hated these things. He hated the stench of sweat that always hung within them. He hated all of the people dressed up just to scare the shit out of people because they delighted in whatever the fuck that could be considered. He hated the blood and the gore and the guts of it all. There was nothing fun about them. There was nothing fun about playing pretend that you were in a living hell or whatever the fuck.

There was no point in letting yourself be scared shitless by dumb fucking props.

The panic had set in, and now his shoulders heaved breaths as he walked, straight-backed, ignoring Ronnie’s screeching and struggling to keep his head straightforward. He squeezed his eyes shut so tightly that he saw purple spots. His own lips didn’t open with screams; his jaw was, instead, clenched tightly. The bitch behind him kept grabbing at his side, at his back, at his butt— at he hoped that it was her, for once, and not someone else— and that made matters so much fucking worse.

In his panic, he had no idea what was happening. All that he knew was that there were too many loud noises around, there was too much to stop his heart when he opened his eyes, and there was too much reaction coming from Ronnie. She was faking it. He could tell. She wasn’t scared. This had all been some kind of elaborate ploy to get him to have sympathy for her.

He was done with that. He was done with sympathizing with her.

This was fucking torture. He’d said that before, but, in this mock hell, he really felt it.

Ronnie delighted in seeing him suffer. The little bitch was some kind of sadist, and this whole time, he had just been a dog for her entertainment. Sure, she was dumb, but she knew how to play him to feel just bad enough.

But now, he didn’t feel sorry for her at all.

"Oh, nooooo, Mikey! Go check what's ahead first!"

He opened his eyes at the variation of cries, just to be thrust in a random direction.

He stood for a moment, disoriented. His breath quickened again. They were in a bloodied room, in a space between the large clusters of scary things. He looked back at Ronnie, trying not to make his disdain for her obvious.

He looked away from her, closing his eyes again, and he turned the corner ahead of her.

His eyes burned with light, and he opened them in confusion.

He’d just walked out of the exit.

“What's ahead?” The girl’s voice was still inside, and, as far as he could tell, relatively far away.

His heart thudded in his chest, and he stood still for a moment.

“I-is it safe?" Her voice was getting closer.

He put a had to his chest, heaving a deep breath in and out. The nausea, throughout the travel through the attraction, had waned, and now, he was left with resentment diluted with a bit of leftover panic.

Little Simp had made him endure a haunted house just so that she could pretend to be afraid and have him sympathize for her. She had expected that to bring them closer— her faking her screaming and—

Sure, he had told her that, but it was a lie— a do this only if you’re dumb enough to think that I’m being serious. She’d done it, though. She’d clutched at him and screamed and pretended to be frightened while he was fearing for his life, just so that she could have the pleasure of…what? Him comforting her?

He spat at the ground, and he glanced back at the exit.

In there, she was still thinking that she had him wrapped around her little finger. In there, she was still believing that he was around the corner ready to protect her, eager, caring— which had all been a lie from the start.

Now, he had no reason to lie. Fuck his guilt— her petty, grade school version of manipulation was good enough to just throw that out to the wind.

He was done.

Now, he had no reason to stay, either.

Raising his middle finger at the exit for a moment before turning away again, Michael stormed off in a random direction, hoping that that would take him to the fair exit.

Left, right, left, left, right…

Nope. He had no idea where he was going. He cursed at himself for caring enough to come in the first place. He cursed himself for having a fucking conscience.

This was the last time he cared about how anyone felt in any way. This was the last. Fucking. Time.

He turned another corner, and his eyes latched onto a familiar face.

He felt a release of sorts upon seeing him. His face relaxed, though is anger did not leave him, and he walked up to the table. “Bartender,” he joked, patting his palm on the table in front of the other boy, “pour me a round.” He cracked a grin at him, and he laughed genuinely for the first time tonight. When he realized that that was the first genuine laugh of the night, he sighed. “Ah, fuck. Nate. Man, you don’t know how glad I am to see you.” He stood back upright and mimed that he was playing a saxophone. “Didn’t bring the sexy sax tonight, brother. Sorry about that. I was a bit preoccupied with one of our wannabe groupies.” He rolled his eyes, and he shook his head dismissively. “I was actually just about to head out. Had all that I could take of the little bitch. How are you?”

MOOD: shit talkin

OUTFIT: clothes

basics
MENTIONS:
too much work

INT:
Winona Winona (Jace)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Callum Richards
Way too piercing blue eyes. Flat, blondeish hair. Too short. Nothing like Oat. Callum pursed his lips at the sound of Jace's underwhelmingly awkward greeting. You're real fun. Callum looked the boy up and down, his resting face giving off a judgmental vibe as always. And this time, he actually was judging just a tad bit. Way quieter in person. I was right.

Jace had actually gotten off lucky. He'd only received about a quarter of the amount of judgment Cal usually dished out to new acquaintances. The guy didn't even realize how grateful he should have been, which was apparent by how dramatically and painstakingly long he allowed their staring contest to draw out.

"Right... Jace. It's nice to meet you in person," Callum addressed the stuttering boy, the corner of his lips turning up ever so slightly to paint a subtle smile on his otherwise impassive face. Come to think of it, the two had probably already met in the past two years, maybe even more than once. Cal had a poor memory as is, but he also didn't place much value into recalling the intricacies of distant relationships with people he was hardly familiar with. Even so, he could faintly trace a memory of Jace and Ash together once, although Ash seemed to be doing most of the talking while Jace stared at the floor. That probably didn't help Jace burrow into Callum's long-term memory.

What was memorable, however, was the onslaught of Twitter arguments earlier in the day revolving around Callum and Jace. And that was only a fraction of the drama that had went on over the Internet. Not that Cal could verify the amount of petty arguing going on over Twitter; he generally kept off the website for his own sake. It wasn't only mentally draining keeping up with ten people relentlessly calling him a shitty person, but it did a number on his poor, fatigued fingers as well. Typing's hard, especially at 100wpm.

Believe it or not, Callum was grateful to be forced to talk to someone, even over the phone. After losing Oates and Ash all in the span of a week, Callum felt more alone than he had in years. Jace seemed to share many of his opinions on the social environment at H.A. and, as an added bonus, fucking hated Ash. How could one get any better than that? At least on Callum's end, he felt an incredible camaraderie between them and found it easier to organize his thoughts and problems with Jace justifying and validating all of the negative emotions festering inside of him. It was much better than Gen and Ellie, who continued to insist that Callum just forget and move on, even going so far as to insinuate that he was to blame for all of his failing relationships.

"Well, if you could spare me some time, I just wanted to talk to you." He forced a wider smile, which turned into more of a creepy, toothy grin. "It's just that... I kinda have no friends or anything right now, so I was wondering if you could hear me out for a bit. I, uh, don't know if anyone else would understand." The tall boy let out a nervous chuckle, realizing how desperate he must have sounded. Callum hated being in positions like this, practically begging for someone else to humor him. "I just really need to talk about your sister. Everyone's so far up her ass, you're the only one I really trust to talk to her seriously about."

Callum gave Jace a moment, his eyes darting around and unable to meet the blonde boy's eyes directly. "I know we talked about her being all selfish and stuff already over DMs, but I need to talk about it again. She hurt me fucking bad and I don't know what to do about it." What was Jace supposed to do? Magically solve his problems? Callum began to regret ever approaching this guy as he realized how futile it would be in his efforts to not feel like shit to rehash all of the reasons why Ash was a terrible person.

code by valen t.

OUTFIT: xxx
basics

kai

mentions
interactions
Mariana Mendes
mari ~ seventeen ~ junior ~ visuals; acting
A frown replaced her normally cheery expression for a brief moment when Mariana heard Cole mention his recent time spent at home. It felt like there was something Cole was keeping to himself about going back to Texas and it bothered her. Normally whenever one of them went home, they invited the other along. This time he had kinda just left without really saying anything. Plus, his texts had been shorter and less cheerful than normal while he was gone. It just struck her as weird but when she had asked he said it was a last-minute thing and she left it at that. Mari still felt something was off but she’d find out in time.

Instead, she decided to focus on the conversation at hand. Where to go first? Everyone seemed content on just doing whatever and Mari realized that no one else was going to make a choice so she'd have to do it. Not that she was any good with choices but Willow's comment on the boys with bats made it easier. “Do you really think they will do that? We should go before they smash up all the good pumpkins! I really wanted to get one. Do you guys mind?" she asked, her puppy dog eyes in full effect.

"Come on! We gotta hurry!" she chirped after sending a quick text to let Kai know where they were going just in case he wanted to meet. The girl motioned for her friends to follow as she made her way towards the pumpkin patch. Of course, Mari had never been to this fair so she had no idea where it was but luckily there were signs set up to point out the way. "Ooooh, there!" she called out excitedly whenever she saw the small fenced-in area. "Mor, help me pick one out," she said, looping her arm with the other girl's and dragging her along.
code by valen t.

HAND OVER HAND

Alright, a competition was certainly not what Seb had been suggesting, but after the way that Chas leaned into him, he wasn't going to say no. Plus, the idea seemed to instantly lift Chas' mood, and after the whole itinerary incident, Seb wasn't keen on dampening it a bit. Seb had never been competitive; far from it, but he knew that Chas was. "I'll try," he promised as Chas pulled him. As hard as Chas was tugging on his wrist, Seb's height allowed him to keep up pretty easily, but he definitely relished in the contact, so he let Chas believe that it was helping.

Seb couldn't remember the last time he'd played the squirt gun game at a fair. He wasn't sure if he ever had. Maybe his family had gone a couple times back when his mother was still alive and his older sister was still around, but Seb couldn't really remember. Still, upon arrival, he knew it was going to be pretty easy, considering it was, really, a child's game. And as much as Seb really didn't care if he won or lost... he really wanted that funnel cake.

He paid for the both of them to play before Chas got a chance to, since Seb was determined to contribute to the date somehow. Shooting Chas a wink, Seb stepped behind his own station and grabbed his water pistol, finger ready on the trigger. With one more glance at Chas, Seb grinned and whispered, "I'm winning that purple monster," nodding towards said plush toy inside the booth. Once the woman running the game told them to go, Seb pressed down on the trigger and kept his aim as steady as possible, following the target. And, look, at the beginning, he really was going to try properly, because he wanted that toy and the funnel cake. But he thought about how Chas' night had already been 'ruined' by the loss of the itinerary and really, Chas would feel so much better about winning than Seb would.

So, at the end, Seb threw the game, subtly missing the target just enough until he was sure that Chas had more than him. Sure enough, when the booth-keeper announced that Chas won, Seb pretended to be disappointed. "Shit," he sighed half-heartedly, but he was still smiling as he took a step back while the woman asked Chas which prize he wanted.
Sebastian
MOOD: this game is for children

OUTFIT: thx tou

INTERACTIONS: hery hery

code by valen t.

MOOD: Conflicted

OUTFIT: Whatever the fuck I put for him before

basics
MENTIONS:
NA
INT:
Lucky
tags
TL;DR Danny is scared of both brisket and Lucky.
tl;dr
Daniel Cooper
Please no brisket.

Warning: These awful pictures were chosen my Love Gem. I certainly have better taste than that. ❤

Danny shoved the final bites of his gyro into his mouth as he something fell to the table in front of him, dusting his shirt in sticky syrup and preserved sugar. His wide green eyes rose to meet those of the person in front of him, and Danny almost choked as he realized who it was. Lucky. Ex best friend who he had almost kissed all those years ago Lucky. The Lucky that he’d been avoiding these past years not because he didn’t like the boy, but because he hated himself for breaking off their friendship.

“Sorry, I wasn’t watching where I was going.”

Danny cleared his throat and brushed some of the mess off of his shirt before replying. “I...it’s okay, Lucky,” he murmured, his face heating and surely turning red. “I’ve kinda been wanting to take off this shirt anyways and now I have an excuse to,” he added, fidgeting with the buttons but not moving to take off his shirt just yet. Lucky had certainly never judged him as kids for being half naked all the time, but Danny didn’t want to scare him off just yet. He had to apologize first, at least. If Lucky wanted to spit in his face and tell him to fuck off after that, so be it.

“So...have you seen any brisket around? I’ve kind of been avoiding it cuz Nate said it would bite.”

Fuck, Daniel that was not an apology.

Danny winced before trying again, a weary sigh escaping him. “Lucky…” he began, not knowing where to begin. How do you apologize for completely shutting out the only person in your life who cared about you for years? He figured a regular ol’ sorry was a good place to start, at least.

“I’m so sorry, Lucky, truly. For everything. I know you probably don’t want to hear it, but I am,” he said, his green eyes meeting Lucky’s once more. “I miss you, you know. Every day, and I know it’s my fault, so I’ve never said anything. I was a coward and I’m so, so sorry.”

Danny’s fingers were still fidgeting with his shirt buttons, and his shoulders slumped as the words fell out of his mouth. He was ready, for Lucky to scoff, or to yell and tell Daniel to fuck off. Hell, he was even ready to get punched. It was the least he deserved. The very least he deserved.

His focus was centered on his ex best friend, and the sounds of the fair became hushed, like they were underwater, as he waited for Lucky to say something—anything. As he waited for the feeling of a hard fist against his face.

The waiting was worse than the thoughts of death-by-brisket that still stream through the back of his mind. So much worse.
code by valen t.

Last edited:

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerflelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilrfillerfilr
... lindsay kay ...
MOOD

: )

fairgrounds

TAGS

charlie geminiy geminiy

Something that Lindsay always enjoyed was the delectable taste of corndogs. Ah, corndogs, present throughout the freezer aisles of his childhood. Corndogs, the honorary sixth food group. Corndogs, the godsend food for this long-forsaken world.

Oh, and another thing that he always enjoyed? Time with Charlie.

So fuck yeah! Two for one!

“Yeehogs,” Lin agreed with a wide grin, taking out half of his final corndog with a single bite and swallowing the big bite in the next instant. He took another chunk from it, and the little bit that was left clung on for dear life, jiggling as he responded with his mouth full. “Helllllll yeah! Lindsay Korn, dawg. I could get one of those fancy little hats that they give the hotdog vendors— the ones with the weenies on the front— and a big, lightweight, plastic, saran-wrapped medal because they didn’t care to get an actual gold medallll.” He swallowed his bite and focused his eyes lovingly at the final corndog chunk, as if it were the love of his life. “Word.” He chomped the last bit off of his stick and threw it into his corndog box, his bright eyes going back up to Charlie.

The pure joy in his blue eyes said exactly what he was thinking in the moment:

Damn, this was fun.

As he’d guzzled his cider and been jokingly chastised by Charlie, he’d thought this to himself. Like, Lindsay’d never disliked Charlie. From the second that he’d met her, he’d been challenging her to dumb competitions. Let him think…what had it been—

Oh, yeah! Charlie and he had had Phys Ed together. Lindsay, with his Justin Bieber cut and a cocky smile, had waltzed right up to her after not speaking to her all semester. Luhmao, King Charles, yeah? He’d pointed to the timer at the front of the gym. Wanna race?

Literally from the moment he had first spoken to her, he and she had been rivals, and, up until…well, he hadn’t ever really thought of them as being anything more. Everything that Lin did, he did to be better than someone, but, at some point, that someone had grown to be specifically Charlie, and then that doing something to be better than Charlie had shifted to doing stuff with Charlie that he always proved to be better at in his head. He didn’t really notice when these shifts had happened, ‘cuz he didn’t really like to think about relationships or other people. They kinda didn’t really matter in the long run, right? He would leave them all behind at some point, and they’d all be eating his dust. There wasn’t really much reason to put the effort that could go into that into thinking about feelings instead

But, ya know, when he thought about it— which he guessed was right now, in this moment, unless he’d just forgotten about thinking about it— he realized that he liked her a lot more than a rival, or than a friend, or anything like that, which was really funny. ‘Cuz how wild was that? He had cared in some capacity about Charlie— which he kinda knew, ‘cuz he’d figured out that he cared about her right there on the bench with her back at the start of this whole debacle— and it wasn’t even hard. It didn’t even take much effort. He was on a date, and he didn’t have to worry about steps or procedures that he’d ignore anyway. He could just grin and not have to think about anything whatsoever.

Not that he’d really planned to put any effort into the date in the first place. Psht, you think that he wanted to lose this fair date thing?

And good luck having him make the first moves on her! Just ‘cuz he’d pretty much confessed to her and just ‘cuz they’d shared a squishy-squishy moment didn’t mean that he was just going to forfeit his righteous win! She was going to be the one trying to get with him by the time that the night was through, which would mean that he was going to win.

…but she was cute. And he did kinda want to kiss her.

Just as a lil’ thing. Would a lil’ peck count?

Psht. Nah. Not worth it. He wasn’t losing.

Nyah. She was going to bow down and wash his dishes at the end of this. Hahahaaa!

“You wanna go puke on the twirly arm ride thingy? Come on, I’ve heard it's extra unsafe this year. Ten bucks says some kid gets launched from it or something.”

He grinned at her. “Me? Puke? With my guts of steel? Psht, you wish— you’re confusing me with you again, Charles,” he laughed.

She tugged him up, and he let out a soft chuckle as her hand intertwined with his.

Smirking outwardly and grinning inwardly, he had two thoughts:

1 ) He had this in the bag

2 ) He might actually lose.

wow we’re actually fully clothed this short time lapse shockerrrr didn’t expect that from ditto now did you •​

After all of those rides and all of those games, Lindsay was fucking hype. The sugar from the Fruit Roll-Ups® had probably worn off, but he couldn’t tell at this point. If it had worn off, then his shared cone of pink cotton candy had picked up its slack, and, if that had worn off, then he had that gigantic Pixie Stick® to thank for his utter amount of energy.

Lin was just as carefree and unthinking as ever. The thoughts of the bet were far from his mind, replaced by the short-term goals of beating Charlie’s ass at whatever game they happened to be playing at the moment. When he didn’t, he demanded a rematch, and, when he did, he would take a tiny prize, shove it in his large, already-overflowing pockets, and lace his hand with Charlie’s to skip off to the next thing to do, sight to see, or ride to ride. It felt natural— the way that her hand settled in his, the way that their fingers fit together— and he didn’t even think about it as he did it. His eyes were bright, and his grin was wide.

He was having the time of his life, and here Charlie was with him.

Hella dope!

“Hey, can you hold onto George for me? I’m gonna run to the bathroom while we’re by an actual building and not one of those nasty ass portapotties,” Charlie asked him, handing George over to him. “I won’t be long. Meet you back out here in a few.”

“Yeah,” Lin agreed, grinning at her as she walked away and retrieving Vergil from his armpit to hold him up beside George and admire the two together.

Hell yeah! He’d won the first game of the night, he recalled with a grin, and his streak hadn’t lasted all that long. He wasn’t really salty— actually, no times that Charlie had beaten him today had he been genuinely upset— but it was kinda funny to think about that, too. Why didn’t it upset him to lose to Charlie? Why didn’t her gloating get his goat?

Pfft, there he went, thinking about the situation again. He grinned at himself. “You dolt,” he muttered, shaking his head as he eyed George. “You gave her one of your prizes, too— and you’ve always wanted a Jamaican banana…” He laughed softly to himself.

He felt his face heating up a bit, and he giggled to himself again.

He felt giddy— even more kiddish than before— and he threw himself back on the bench with the banana seated to his right and the llama seated to his left. He bounced in his place, humming a song to himself as he grabbed his phone out to scroll on it.

Twitter was popping, as per usual, and Jah-vee-hair Cervix was on. ‘Course, when he’d called him Cervix, he got all pissy and threatened to behead him or whatever, but pfft. All was fair in love and war or whatever.

But damn, that guy was a dick. Kinda made him angry. Kinda ruffled his feathers in the not-so-good way.

He clicked off his phone again, bouncing in his seat as he began to whistle to himself again to calm down.

It was nice outside. Kinda chilly, but it was nothing compared to back home, so he could deal with that. The banana beside him and the llama to his other side were doing great jobs of standing up on their own.

As a breeze blew through, he watched a leaf tumble across the ground with a soft scraping that could be heard over the soft bustle of the fair crowd and the flushing of toilets.

Hmph. Now he was bored.

He folded his hands, staring at his thumbs as he twiddled them back and forth. Thumbs were weird, weren’t they? They were, like, tiny tentacles, too, if you thought about it. Tiny, wrinkly, human-flesh-covered tentacles without suction cups, plus some bones, but they were still tentacles. Tongues were the closest things to tentacles on the body, right, but thumbs could count, too.

He bounced his fingers up and down. “One, two, three, four, I de-clare a thumb war,” he muttered to himself, and he commenced to have a battle of his own two thumbs. In this corner, he had Leftie Loosey. Weight: 5 grams. Height: 3.24”. Real name: Hernando Jackson. In the other corner, he had Righty Tighty. Weight: 5 grams. Height: 3.24”. Real name: Herman Jackson.

They were twin brothers. Born at the same exact time. God. Use your context clues.

Leftie feigned right, leaving Righty to jump to get him, allowing in a swift takedown of— but wait, Righty got up at the last second! And here went the crowd with their oohs and aahs as Leftie and Righty circled around the ring, glaring at each other with their numbs of faces, until, finally, Righty took a dive at Lefty, who dodged in just enough to to see Righty fall to the ground. The takedown, from there, was easy. One, two, three, KO, and Leftie had won.

Lin whipped the ring that he wore on his left pinky off of it. “Leftie. Good job. My money was on you, buddy,” he laughed to himself, setting his ring atop his thumb as if it were a belt.

With a soft grin on his face, he stared at the thing, and then he gave a soft sigh and took his ring off of his finger and shoved it back onto his pinky.

What was taking her so long? Not that he couldn’t wait, but—

He felt his phone buzz, and curiously, he tugged it back out from his pocket.

His mouth grew dry as he began to read the message.

are you still here?

Shit. Had something happened?

yo lmao

somn up?

you been pissin a long time

His answer came shortly, and he didn’t fucking like it. As he read it, he felt his heart racing with a mix of emotions, all sympathetic towards Charlie.

She was telling herself, again, that she didn’t deserve to have fun. She was telling herself, again, that she was hated by everyone.

She was lying to herself again.

She needed to just let go.

As he typed out his messages with a stubborn, unwavering sentiment of I’m not leaving and you can’t make me and read back more messages that sent more pangs to his heart, Lin’s eyes shot up to the bathroom door, praying that she would come out every time.

Seconds passed. Minutes passed.

He had told her to go ahead and cry if she needed to. He hoped that she was if she was going to.

Another minute.

Was she—

The doors flung open, and he stood up automatically, opening his mouth to speak, his brows knit.

Before he could say anything, Charlie threw herself into his chest, wrapping her arms around his waist, tugging him close and holding him tight.

His heart throbbed. He could feel it palpating, as if it were going to jump from his chest.

His arms slowly went around her, and he leaned his head down to rest on hers as he held her tightly.

She was small compared to him. He knew that she could hear his heart beating out of his chest.

He didn’t speak, though he could have. He didn’t want to step on her thoughts.

“I…I ruined everything. Fuck it, I ruined everything.”

He felt her head move, and he straightened up. He met her eyes, and his face crumbled sympathetically.

“Well, almost everything. I hope I didn’t ruin this too. Us, I mean. I don’t know what I’d do if I lost you today too. I’m so sorry giving you one of the shittiest first worst dates in the history of shitty first dates. I’ve really outdone myself this time.”

After a long moment of staring into her eyes, Lindsay found himself unable to find his words.

So he didn’t find them. He just let them come from his mouth without thinking.

“Why the fuck would you have ruined us?” he chuckled. “This is one of the best damn first dates in the history of best damn first dates.” He faked a scoff and an eyeroll. “Even if you say you won’t fuck me on a Ferris wheel,” he laughed. “I’ll forgive you for that sin…”

He grew quiet for a moment, lost in her eyes again.

He wanted to kiss her right now.

His heart was beating out of his chest.

“Charlie, tonight’s been one of the best nights of my life…and you know what? It’s thanks to you.” He smiled down at her softly. “Ya know, come to think of it, I don’t know of anyone else who I’d rather have come with. I should think some more, huh? Then I’d’ve asked you a lot sooner.” He moved one of his hands up to brush a stray hair from Charlie’s face. “I wouldn’t have it any other way, either.” He put his arm back around her, pulling her close to his body. “Me and you…I think we have something,” he said with a soft laugh. “Whatever it is, I hope we can figure it out. Even if it’s just me and you against the world…”

He went quiet, staring into her face for a moment.

He smiled brightly again and laughed slightly. “Hey, so what’s the rule on…”

Kissing…?

He leaned his face close to hers, and his eyes fluttered shut.

Wait—

He couldn’t lose the bet.

Scheisse.

With a soft laugh, he pulled back again. “We gonna find our way to a Portapotty now?” he teased with a grin, hugging her tightly. “My prediction says that some guy’s gonna get some pussy in one of the yellow wonder booths— am I the lucky guy behind door number four?”

basics

none yet

interactions
tags
Josephine Bennett
josie, jojo, jo ~ sixteen ~ junior ~ visuals; photo
Josie couldn't help but smile just a little at his use of the nickname, watching as he walked over to her and reached for her hand. She allowed him to lead her to a more secluded spot so that they could talk away from prying eyes or any eavesdropping. She was honestly just glad that he'd dropped the anger for the moment and decided to actually talk to her. It was obvious that he needed a friend to open up to and she wasn't sure why none of his so-called friends had yet to realize that.

Either way, Josie was determined to help, so here she was ready to let him talk. And damn did he spill his guts. As soon as the boy opened his mouth it was like a waterfall of emotions pouring out of him. He had so much to say and she almost couldn't keep up with it all. From his shitty parents who Josie honestly thought he was better off without to Kane and his other friends, he was drowning in his own thoughts of loneliness.

No one deserved to feel like they weren't good enough and it was breaking her heart to see him like this, grasping for the right words and feelings to explain. Jo's arms wrapped around him without a second thought as he struggled to hold back his tears. "Gus, hey! You are worth so much more than you are letting people are making you feel like you are. You're one of the best people I know. I am your friend. I care about you," she started before realizing how much he was struggling. I can't do this anymore.

"I'm here, okay? I am here. Listen to me. Can you hear the sound of my voice? I need you to focus on it, yeah?" she said softly, stepping back and taking his hands into hers. She had no idea how to handle a panic attack or this breakdown but she damn sure was gonna try. "Do me a favor and try to focus on the sounds around us. Tell me. What are three things you can hear right now?" she spoke, trying to get him to focus on something other than his breathing. Maybe if she could calm him down then she could actually have a coherent conversation with him.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: Affectionate

OUTFIT: XoXo

basics
MENTIONS:
N/a
INT:
Ellie ( toucant toucant )
tags
TL;DR Nic is really happy.
tl;dr
Nic Thompson
This is so, so good.

Nic frowned as Ellie left his embrace to hug Amy, the lack of contact leaving him cold and sad. As his friend got up, his bag fell over and a small baggy of pills fell out. Was this what he was on? Nic stopped down and picked it up without Ellie realizing and popped them in his mouth, swallowing. Maybe that would lighten the mood a bit.

Soon enough, however, Ellie plopped back down beside him and wrapped Nic’s arms around his body. Ellie’s heartbeat could be both heard and felt, a fast but steady rhythm that killed Nic into placidity as the drug took over his mind. Nic picked idly at the funnel cake, not really hungry but eating all the same. His thoughts felt like molasses, moving slowly and full of sweet ideas.

At some point in the few minutes after, Ellie ended up in Nic’s lap, a welcome weight that was both warm and comforting and he hummed happily against the crook of Ellie’s smooth neck, content to place small kisses along his collarbone until his phone started to buzz, notifications from the Twitter chat.

People were arguing, but all Nic could focus on was Ash. She was so beautiful, wasn’t she? Too bad she was on a date with Trevor. About to go on the Ferris wheel with him, the staple of any fair date.

Lmaooo Ash hates me, he typed into the chat, mostly joking. Mostly.

Almost immediately, she DM’d him, demanding to know why he thought that, just as he thought she would. He had an answer to that, of course, but certainly not one he would tell her. Instead, they bantered for a few minutes before he accidentally admitted he was cross faded. After calling her beautiful. As they talked, a lazy grin spread across his face. She was leaving Trevor to come see him! And she’d admitted that Tuesday had, in fact, been a date. For some reason, however, at the back of his drug addled brain, warning bells were going off, telling him with everything they had not to listen to the small blonde who captivated him so.

Soon, however, the feeling was gone, and Nic told Ash where they were, excited. He texted Charlie, sure she’d be happy for him. She was his best friend, after all.

Ash is coming to see me. That means I’m better than Trevor!

Shutting his phone off with a click, Nic pulled Ellie closer to him (if that was even possible) and began tracing the contour of his lips with a finger, gentle and light. His finger moved, with an almost childlike gentleness to the corners of Ellie’s mouth and up along his nose. Over each eyelid, and across one cheek, along to the sharp line of his jaw. Then, gently, Nic took Ellie’s face in both his hands, not moving to do anything other than that, his eyes taking in Ellie’s every feature.

“You’re so pretty, baby,” he purred as his phone buzzed once again, a response from Charlie at last. And not at all what he’d been expecting. He certainly never meant to insult Trevor, he was just excited and Nic told Charlie so, apologizing profusely. As she yelled at him, he could tell something else was up, even in the state he was in. With one hand entertained with Ellie’s and the other typing he formulated his response, making sure she knew she was important to him. That he cared about her.

After pressing send he set his phone down again, and with both hands free he drew idle shapes on Ellie’s skin, wherever they landed. His face, his neck, his arms, his thighs, his chest. Anxiety and exhaustion still pulsed at the back of his mind, but it was easier to ignore now. Besides, there was nothing to be worried about. He had Ellie right here in his arms, and Ash on her way. What more could he ask for?

Not much, Nic decided as he shoved the last piece of funnel cake into his mouth before starting in on the french fries. Not much at all.

Finally having had enough with idle hand holding and cuddling, Nic turned to Ellie, raising his hands to Ellie’s face once more, this time closing the distance between the two and placing a gentle, reverent kiss on his lips. “You’re so, so pretty Ellie baby,” he murmured against his lips, pressing his forehead against Ellie’s. “And so, so sweet to me,” he added, pressing another kiss to the corner of Ellie’s mouth, and then to the other. Nic traces the same path his fingers had taken earlier before placing one final kiss on Ellie’s soft lips, smiling.

But what was taking Ash so long?

code by valen t.

Last edited:
bend over backwards

Rome really could never resist Oates. He hadn't been planning on going to the fair, especially after everything that everyone was saying about him as of... recent events, but he'd decided to maybe pop in since Ellie asked him. Even then, by the time he was dressed, he was pretty sure he was actually going to cancel. Then, his best friend Oat called him up and asked if they could get ready together at his apartment. Rome could never say no to his friend, so, that was how he found himself staring at the mirror in Oates’ bathroom, holding up an eyeliner pencil and contemplating whether to put it on or not.

Should I eyeliner?” He asked Oates, turning the pencil in his hand for absolutely no reason. With a frustrated sigh, he dropped the pencil onto the bathroom counter. “What is point? Everyone hate me now anyway,” he grumbles, dropping himself down to sit on the edge of the bath, crossing his arms over his chest petulantly.
romir
MOOD: down in the dumps

OUTFIT: a hot fit

INTERACTIONS: mogy mogy

code by valen t.

Last edited:
AFFLUENZA

Chase scowled at Javi as he joked about the smaller boy’s backside, but in all honesty, he wasn’t bothered by it. Maybe even a little flattered - not that he’d admit it. The PDA, on the other hand, Chase could admit that he was enjoying that way more than he ever thought he would. Javi made it feel casual but still meaningful enough that it wasn’t just about sex. Not that Chase really cared either way... but it was nice change in pace to what he was used to.

He scrunched his nose up instinctively as Javi kissed his cheek, but he couldn’t fight the small smile that formed on his face. Despite being one hundred percent sober, he was reaching Javi-levels of calm, finding the other boy’s energy contagious. As Javi pulled him closer, Chase wrapped an arm around his waist until his hand was resting on the back of Javi’s shoulder.

He snorted and shook his head, watching the line in front of them. “Knowing how you feel about riding, it’s not surprising at all,” he teased, shooting Javi a look. Chase went quiet a few moments, then, keeping his eyes straight ahead, spoke again. “I like to people-watch on the ferris wheel. When it stops at the top. Me and my old friend, sometimes we’d run away from home and go to any fairs that were on. And when we stopped at the top, we’d choose like a couple or two people, and we’d pretend like we knew what they were saying and talking about, and act it out.” Chase cleared his throat and shrugged, trying not to pull away from Javi despite how much he wanted to, feeling a little vulnerable. “I haven’t done it for a few years.

Chase
MOOD: uwu

OUTFIT: x

INTERACTIONS: hery hery

code by valen t.

Last edited:
fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 7:45 AM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Adriane
INTERACTIONS

Nickie

MENTIONS

[insert a yikes gif]

TAGS

ditto ditto

"I love JJ," Adriane admitted. "But she'll literally bend over backwards for any guy that shows her an ounce of attention. It's so pathetic. And then she's got that weird friend, Ava, and invites her over to our place sometimes and like, I'm sorry but I don't want a serial killer in the making in my apartment."

"Lin literally has to be one of the most disgusting pieces of human filth that they let into this school. Really just goes to show how low the school's standards are when accepting students." Adriane said. Honestly, when she moved here from her home in Florida, she had expected to move to a school with standards. That was what she had been promised, after all, but it appeared that had all be in a lie. If it was up to Adriane, half of these talentless idiots wouldn't be walking the halls with her.

"Don't even get me started on Charlie. She starts fights on Twitter and just everywhere by sticking her nose where it doesn't belong, and then she plays the victim and acts like everyone is bullying her? Bitch, please. If you're going to get involved in other people's shit, don't whine and act like you're the one that's really hurt when they turn on you. Either deal with it like an adult, or mind your own fucking business." Adriane hated that little blonde bimbo, especially after what she had done to Chas.

Although, it was funny to listen to him talk now.

"Speaking of Charlie, she used to be friends with that Eli guy but I never see them talking anymore." Adriane broke off a piece of her pretzel, but then she dropped it back into the paper container. Pretzels were fattening and she'd already eaten way too much. "Which, like, I don't blame her. I think there's something wrong with Eli. Like, he's got to be faking the whole soft uwu boy thing, right? Like there's no way you could be related to Gen and not be a bit of an ass."

"Like, maybe grow a backbone and stop letting your sister do all of your fighting for you."

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 7:45 AM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Nate
INTERACTIONS

Evie, Mike

MENTIONS

N/A

This whole thing with Evie was going well. Nate had to admit that, even if he was still reeling from admittances to Trevor that sober Nate wasn't fully willing to admit to himself. Well, except that he already had. Nate had come to terms with it. Nate had looked in the mirror this morning and all he could see was a sucker that had fallen for his hookup.

Nate was a hypocrite, really. He always preached that hookups were just hookups, nothing more, and that you never caught feelings where hookups were concerned, and yet here he was. A perfect, shining example of how even the simplest of hookups could dissolve into so much fucking more. The perfect example of fucking everything up, really.

Evie excused herself for some kind of work call, and Nate was content to just sit at the table and wait for her. However, the whole sitting alone thing didn't last super long before someone was coming up to the table.

"Damn, I was already to start screaming, too. Could've given this whole fair an impromptu Karma's Touch concert." Nate said with a chuckle. Kidding, of course, and he was praying to god that Mike was also kidding. Nate was a quiet soul -- not the type of guy to get up and talk in front of others, let alone get up and start screaming his lungs out. If Nate was to be part of a band, it'd be to make the cover art and that was about it. Yep. Only thing he was really good at.

"Wannabe groupies..." Nate echoed, eyebrows drawing together for a moment before it clicked. He'd seen it mentioned on Twitter, anyway. "Oh right, you got stuck taking that Ronnie chick on a pity charity date. Dude, you're basically doing a community service. Occupying her for the night so the rest of us can have a single night of peace from clinging little self."

Respect. Nate had respect for Mike in this whole dealing with that Ronnie simp ordeal.

"Doing better than you, man." Nate cracked a grin. "I'm here with Evie but she had to take a business call. I don't know, emergency about some fashion shit. Some model probably sobbing because she ate one crumb too many and can't fit into her fucking dress or some shit."

"Sucks that your whole night was ruined by that cockblocking simp, though."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back