• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Hogwarts Years and the Second Voldemort War [A Potterverse RP]

She shrugged. "If you'd really like to. But I wouldn't ask you to do that for me. After all, it's not your feud. I should probably go." She smiled at him then left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Danny smiled back, then called out after her. "Well it seemed like you have it under control. Let me know about what you want to do before the two weeks are up, ya?" When she disappeared, he turned to find Trey grinning at him like an idiot. "What?"

Trey looked at Danny. "You like her don't you?"

Danny rolled his eyes. "I'm just doing what I would do for any of my mates, nothing more."

"You didn't answer my question."

"How observant of you."

"And you call me a git."

With that a few more days passed, and Danny finally found his first token. It had been a piece of bark from a tree. He stored it in a pouch after informing the others. Within the next day, Sean and Kat both got their first token as well. Danny had sat with Anwen in the classes they shared as well as during meal times, but other than that had no significant social interactions outside of that.

Anwen walked through the Hall way to the Ravenclaw room and went to the head of their house. She handed them a very very large stack of paper.

Danny finished up his work in the library. He had been there for a few hours, completing assignments for his various classes. Now he was done and so he packed his stuff and went back to the Raven's Nest to grab a nap.

Danny sighed inwardly at the regular interaction with Anwen, but other than that just nodded back with his own small smile, before heading inside the Raven's Nest and getting some rest. He had collected a few more tokens since his first and it took a bit out of him.

She walked back to Hufflepuff and started studying. She figured she should learn all she can for the new school. She had no idea how to be a prefect and she wasn't looking forward to it. She would be busy all the time and have virtually no social life. And though she didn't really consider herself a people person, she knew she'd get lonely if she was constantly busy and alone.

With flying colors a few more days passed in a whirlwind of classes, training and meditation. Before Danny knew it it was close to when Anwen had to leave. At dinner on night he sought her out and sat next to her again, before asking in a low tone of voice so that only she could hear him, "Hey, you never answered my question from before. You wanna do anything special before you transfer school?"

Danny regarded her for a moment, then shrugged himself. "Fair enough, let me know if that changes." He went and helped himself to some pot roast, as well as a salisbury steak on the side.

She nodded and then left the hall. She sighed and kept walking, roaming the halls. I guess you could say she was just anticipating her leaving. It was inevitable. She was going to be gone in a couple of days. It really upset her. So she kind of wanted to be alone for a little while. She was always surrounded by people. So she never had the chance to fully think over what's happening while alone. She just walked around the halls looking at what she would be missing in a couple of days.

Despite his instincts, Danny got up and followed Anwen out, if nothing more than to make sure she's ok. She seemed contemplative as she observed the school around her. The Ravenclaw just looked around for any possible threats to him or her, as well. He kind of wanted to talk to her some more, but decided to respect her need to be alone at the moment.

She just sighed and finished looking around. Then she went back to her house room and started writing something. It was just her writing out her feelings. She did that a lot when her head felt jumbled and she couldn't otherwise tell what her feelings were. She sat there writing for a while as she had a lot of thoughts and feelings.

When Anwen arrived back at the Badger's Retreat, Danny went back to the Raven's Nest to hang out with Trey. They hung out, joking around about the others before heading to the library for an evening session together with the crew to study or get some work done. Overall the year's been quiet so far, but with a teacher like Qurrell they did all the self learning they could on the DADA subject through books from the library and the ones from Danny and Will's private tutors.

Anwen walked to the library to return the book she had before she left. She turned the book in then also handed in her library pass as she wasn't going to need it anymore. She then turned around and left the library. She walked down the hall and just leaned against the wall for a while. Cheren walked up to her and smiled. "Hello Anwen. Are you all packed?" He asked. She sighed." Why?" She asked. "Because we're leaving tomorrow." He replied simply. Anwen looked at him, slightly shocked. "Tomorrow?" She asked. Cheren nodded. "We have to go tomorrow because of a schedule complication. I'd thought I'd told you." He looked at her with a serious expression. She shook her head. "I believe you failed to mention that it was moved up." She looked away from him. Cheren shrugged and walked into the library to return his teachers books he borrowed as prefect. He walked over to the group. "I'm sorry I must've forgotten to tell you all and Anwen that she is leaving tomorrow. I apologize for not notifying you sooner." With that he left the library and passed Anwen again on his way out.

Kat, hearing the news, scowled at Cheren before rushing over and hugging Anwen in a surprising display of physical affection. The other expressions around the table ranged from sadness to disappointment to well wishes. Kat finally let go and held Anwen at arms length before asking her, "You'll write often right? We'll miss you." Behind her Danny just nodded his agreement, but kept his eyes on her in an unreadable gaze.

Anwen hesitated. "I'm going to be a prefect. I don't know how much extra time I'll have. But I will try." She looked at them with a slightly sad expression but she didn't look devastated. But that's because Anwen doesn't really show her emotion through her facial expression. She was devastated inside.

One by one, the group offered their own versions of goodbyes. Will had penned her a heartfelt letter to keep, while Sean suddenly pulled out a stuffed lion and handed it to her. Trey got her a dica-quill as well as a note, while Danny walked over. He stared at her in the eyes before asking, "Do you want to come somewhere more private so we can talk?"

She thanked them all, and lightly hugged each of them. Then when Danny walked over and asked her the question, she nodded. "Of course if that would make you more comfortable." She followed him to wherever he wanted to go for them to be in private. She had no idea what it would be about, but it was unusual for him to want to speak with her in private. Usually anything that he had to say to her he could say in front of his friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Danny walked over a few shelves to the unvisited sections of the stacks in the library, before turning to Anwen. He stared into her eyes for a moment, then took a deep breath. Channeling his inner Gryffindor, in one swift motion he brushed her hair behind her ear, cupped her cheek and brushed his lips softly against hers. The act was quick enough that it couldn't be registered by anyone outside of Danny. Then he pulled back and stared at her again, a bit apologetic, "Sorry, but I couldn't let you go without doing that, thinking about what it might have been like. Go ahead and glare at me or hit me if you like."

Anwen just nodded and looked at the floor. "It's alright. I understand. I'm not going to hit you." She stood there awkwardly just staring at the floor. She didn't feel like making eye contact after that. Now she understood why he'd pulled her into a private area. She could only imagine the reaction the others would have.

Danny knew there wasn't really anything else he could say without making things more awkward, so he nodded, more to himself, and straightened up before moving to head back to the others. "Well, thank you then. I've said my piece. Like Kat said, I hope you'll write us often from there." He gave her a sad smile.

Anwen smiled back at him then hugged him like she had all of the others. Then she thanked everyone and walked out of the library. She walked back to her room and packed all of her things. She read the letters she was written. (Letting you tell what they say.)

When Anwen looked at her gifts, she would find that they were monetarily cheap, but the group had obviously put in effort into getting them for her. Will's letter went on about how her quiet presence always exalted a strength that he had came to respect, and that she didn't wielded that strength with the recklessness of a Gryffindor was something of a marvel. Sean's toy lion acted as Anwen's tiny protector, often purring as it rubbed up against her whether it's in her hands or on her bed. Trey's dicta-quill's note explained that it not only take notes for her in class automatically, but can hear even low volume conversation in the hallway, letting her gain information she should let it write in her bag or something.

Anwen smiled at everything and packed them all in a very safe place in her luggage. She brought her suitcase to her brothers room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back