• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Hogwarts Years and the Second Voldemort War [A Potterverse RP]

WanderingJester

Cool shuppy waddling away from explosions
Under the blue sky dotted with fluffy clouds, the sunlight shone down on a bustling train platform. The day finally came that both filled parents with happy anticipation and dread: the day their kids' school year started.

On the tracks sat a bright red steam engine, with many carts pulling behind it. White smoke, not dissimilar from the clouds above, puffed out from its chimney. On the side of the engine, the Hogwarts emblem flashed with the words "Hogwarts Railway" clearly underneath. On the platform itself, the scene could best be described as a mild form of organized chaos. Children and teenage students ran back and forth from the train to their parents, perhaps going back to say goodbye once more to their loved ones, or just forgot something behind.

Danny sighed as he stepped on Platform 9 3/4 once more, and began looking for the path of least resistance through all the commotion. Behind him, his father watched with amusement the concentrated look on his son's face, while at the same time doing a quick look around the platform himself. Martin Alberton was no Mad Eye Moody when it came to paranoia, but when your significant other was almost raped in your own home in front of your eldest, it tend to leave a type of fire in your veins. One would never be able to tell from looking at his smiling wife beside him though, with one arm around her husband's waist and the other hand holding their crying daughter.

Finding what he was looking for, Danny turned back and nodded to his parents before leading them forward. Though it might have taken longer than just heading straight for the train, the Alberton did managed to skirt around most of the denser crowds as well as some... undesirables. Martin's split second glare at the back of Lucius Malfoy's head seemed ever bit as powerful to his attentive daughter as an Unforgivable, even though her eyes were still clotted with tears. Still the four made it to the side of the train by a compartment, and Danny turned around to kneel in front of his little sister, who let go of their mother's hand to throw both arms around his neck.

"I-I want to come too!" Melody Alberton sobbed into her brother's neck, "please don't leave me behind again!" Danny ran a hand up and down her back.

"Hey, it's ok Melly. You'll be fine with mom and dad and before you know it, it's next year and you'll becoming on the train with me. If you'll be a good girl I'll send you a bag full of candy from Honeydukes right after the first Hogsmeade weekend, ok?"

The girl sniffed and looked up at him, "A big bag?"

Danny couldn't help but laugh, "Sure thing."

"Promise?"

"Pink promise." They locked their pinkies, and for the first time that day Melody had a smile on her tear streaked face. She finally let go of her brother so that he could stand up and bid farewell to their parents. He had a small smile that matched his mother's sad one, and after a hug turned to his father. The man looked at him with a stony look. Martin had never been an emotional in front of his children. He left that part to Shelly, while he made sure both of them had logic and pragmatism instilled in them. Yet his eyes now gazed upon Danny with determination, saying all the words that his mouth refused to, as with both previous times he sent off his son.

Martin gave a stiff nod, held out his hand and said, "Be safe. Stay in touch."

Danny, with a fire in his own eyes, nodded back and gave his father a firm handshake, "Always." With that the third year grabbed his owl cage containing Nettle, his hawk owl, with his trunk already shrunk in his pocket. With another look and wave to his family on the platform, Danny boarded the train.

Back on the platform, while Melody was still waving frantically at her now disappeared brother, Shelly gave a smack on her husband's shoulder. In a low voice so that her daughter wouldn't hear, she hissed, "Would it kill you to show some affection to your only son?" She gave Martin a glare, which to his credit he did look a bit ashamed of himself.

"No, it's just... you know me Shelly. I'm no good at these things." Martin looked thoughtful with a frown on his face, before turning and surveying the environment as an excuse to not look at his angry wife at the moment.

Shelly was having none of that. "Well you had better start learning! It's his third year already! Before we know it he'll be graduating and moving out of the house. Don't alienate our son!" Martin sighed as they turned and began heading out of the platform to beat the rush later, passing a group of redheads that just came through with a raven haired boy. It seemed that he'll be sleeping on the couch again, at least for tonight.

@Ayuna Kusado

Anwen and her brothers were in a group hug with her dad. "I'm going to miss you little shrimp." Cheren teased. Anwen rolled her eyes. "And you, don't disappoint me." Cheren looked at Kalorn. Kalorn glared at him. "Why would you even say that. Of course I won't. It's the shrimp you need to worry about." He glanced at Anwen. "Hey, I didn't blow up the house from messing up a spell last month." She replied. She smiled and hugged everyone one last time. Then Anwen and Kalorn grabbed their bags and owls and boarded the train.

Moving around the train, Danny looked for his friends when on of the doors ahead opened and out came a large boy dressed in Slytherin's colors. A few of his friends came out with him with a mischievous looks on their faces, as though they were going to look for trouble. Of course that meant that trouble was coming Danny's way. With a sigh, the scene unfolded as he expected. Marcus Flint saw the lone Ravenclaw, and thinking he would be easy prey, stalked up to Danny. Teddy Nott backed as his right hand man, which Danny suspected to be quite literal in that task. The Slytherin crew sneered at Danny, like Snape's own trained puppies, as Flint sized him up.

"Oh look, a first year 'claw lost on the train. Need a little help there buddy?" Sniggers came from his friends around him, while Danny rolled his eyes. The intimidation wasn't working as well as Flint would hoped. Though the boy was big from both hitting puberty early and genetics, he wasn't out sizing Danny, who was all muscle at this point. The Ravenclaw had been doing physical regiments since he started his first year at school, and under the supervision of his father, was leaned with muscles.

"Really Flint? We haven't even left the station yet and you're bugging me already? Don't you fellas have something better to do, like getting back to that circle jerk in your compartment?" No one laughed, though Danny thought it was a good one. The snakes threw a few scowls at Danny's direction now, while Flint cracked his knuckles menacingly.

"You know for a 'Claw you ain't that smart of a wanker are you Alberton? Picking a fight alone against the four of us. Hope you like soup, because you're going to be eating through a straw for the Sorting Feast tonight. He advanced with his thugs, just as Danny shifted slightly to get into a fighting stance. However, a voice called out beside him.

"How about four against two?" A boy with light brown skin walked up next to Danny with a half grin, and a nod. Danny cracked a smirk and nodded back. With that the boy looked back at Flint and the others, his followers not looking so sure now. "Doesn't seem very fair still though. Tell you what? I'll keep my right hand behind my back, and you gits can throw the first punch, on the house." With that the boy tucked his hand behind his back, and gestured with his fingers on the other hand for the Slytherins to bring it.

Danny looked around. Some other students had popped their heads out of their compartments to watch the scene unfold. No doubt the prefects would be here soon, which undoubtedly means detentions to go around, especially if "stick-up-his-ass" Weasley showed up. Knowing this could benefit them more without a fist fight, Danny looked over a Flint, who stood his ground. "You know Flint, either way, as soon as a punch is thrown this would start a blood feud between our houses. I wonder: is the Minor House Flint ready for a war against the Ancient and Noble House of Alberton with all its allies?" This gave Flint an actual pause, as his eyes showed his inner conflict. Still his pride wouldn't let him back down, and the two sides stood at a standstill glaring at each other as the Express blasted its departing horn and the train slowly departed from the station.

Kalorn and Anwen walked into the area and saw the fight starting. Kalorn was very tall and was going to graduate soon. Most of the younger class wizards listened to him. They knew he used magic out of his emotion. And when he was angered, he would often cause destruction as he had to their house. Anwen was more in control of her powers, but still needed work on the execution. She had average power, nothing impressive. Kalorn got in the middle of the boys. "You know the rules, no feuding on the train. Or do you boys want to be expelled before you even set foot inside the school?" Kalorn asked, looking down at all of them. Anwen stood beside her brother, examining the boys.

Flint looked like he was about to make a decision when one of the older students from the Snake House stepped in. The brunet looked down on all of them, but when he got to Danny, it was a look of detached indifference that came back to Kalorn. Danny's friend, Trey Summers, looked disappointed, but didn't argue. The Slytherin scowled at the older Slytherin, but knew that they couldn't fight all three and beat them in time to avoid the prefects. Flint sneered at Kalorn, grunted and jabbed a nod back. With that, the younger Slytherins retreated, and at that point in time Danny's eyes saw the third year standing next to the older student. She was easy on the eyes, with long wavy hair and blue eyes. Still, he took it that the older guy was either her brother or her boyfriend, and he wasn't in the mood for some casual flirting right now. Danny gave a slight bow to the guy who stepped in. "No trouble here, we were just heading on our way." He met the girl's eyes for a second, gave her a smile and a quick wink, before headed out with Trey.

"Damn, I was really hoping to try out that move dad taught us two weeks ago," Trey sighed. The muggleborn Ravenclaw had been Danny's friend since first year, and after Danny found out that Trey's dad served in the Special Air Service in the muggle military, he asked if Trey's dad could help them both condition physically. After his friend's dad, Kevin Summers, met up with Danny's dad, the two hit it off quite well and worked up a regiment for both the boys during vacation. Since then the boys, along with Trey's neighbor, Will, have been training together since.

"You'll get over it," Danny shrugged. "And I doubt Flint will take me strong arming him lightly. I'm sure we'll cross wands eventually, or better yet, cross fists."

Trey gave out a smirk, "Oh, I'm sure you're looking forward to 'crossing wands' with Flint. I always knew you swung for the same team Alberton."

"Bugger off, ya git." Just then they saw Will waving them over to one of the compartments, and with that the two made their way over and inside.

Will Pierce, a Slytherin, sat down on one side of the compartment while a bored looking Hufflepuff read her book opposite of him. Kathrine Banister gave the two newcomers a quick wave of her hand, without actually looking up from what she was reading. Next to her sat a blond Gryffindor by the name of Sean Crews, who grinned and fist bumped the two as they plopped down on the empty spots on the benches. Sean was a half blood, while everyone else came from a pure blood family. He also grew up in the States until his first year, when his family moved back. They had fled during the first Voldemort war. Though Kat was there, it was still what Trey and Sean referred to as a "sausage fest," as Kat's cover her small interest in boys was well enough that rumors had spread that she was a witch's witch, though no one in the compartment cared. Danny had seen through the thin cracks in her veneer though, when he caught her staring at Cedric Diggory a bit longer than she does anyone else last year though.

"Food Trolly passed yet?" Trey asked no one in particular.

"We just left the station, so of course not you idiotic git." Kat flipped a page as she answered him. She had a bit of snippy personality, but the boys were used to it by now.

Sean looked over at the two guys with a similar smirk, "so what took you two? Wanted to make a quick stop for a public restroom rendezvous with each other first before gracing us with your presence?"

Danny replied as he rolled in eyes at the same time as the Hufflepuff in the compartment, who had finally looked up, interested in the story. "Don't place your fantasies on us Sean. Don't you think it's time you came out of the closet? I'm sure we'll keep treating you like the git you are already, so there's no need to be afraid." The mock scowl on Sean's face gave Danny a slight grin. Point one: Alberton. "Anyways, Flint acted up and wanted to show off his bollocks, so he stepped up to me. Trey here backed me up then one of the older snakes broke it up."

Sean frowned thoughtfully, while Will spoke, "Who was it? Walsh? Rookwood?" He grounded one of fists on to his other hand's palm, "Man you should've gotten me. Wanted to try out that move that Mr. Summers showed us two weeks ago."

"Right? That's what I said!"

"Boys," Kat muttered to herself as she once more rolled her eyes. Danny wondered how her eyes haven't been affected given the amount of times she had done that in front of them in that past. Still Kat cared more about them than she showed, and he was used to that type treatment from his old man. The Hufflepuff then said, "Well if you brokes are done making yourself feel big and important, how've your summers been?" With that the group began trading stories over a game of exploding snaps, as the English countryside sped past their window outside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anwen sat with her brother and a few other older slytherins. Her brother started talking with them about how to rein in the younger slytherins that went around picking fights. Snape had told them to not bother with futile fighting. And that was something that they had to drill into the younger boys. As they talked, Anwen just sighed and looked out the window, at the scenery. She didn't really care about any of that, her house was Hufflepuff not Slytherin. She admired her brothers bravery, but she couldn't have stood up to anyone like that.

As the trolly passed and the crew finished their first bites, Will looked up. "Hey you guys heard about this year's firsties?"

Sean shrugged, "what about them? I swear they're getting smaller every year."

"Or maybe you're just getting fatter, ever thought about that Crews?" Katy said as she observed her hand as the next round of exploding snaps began.

"D'aww love you too sweetheart." Sean blew a kiss at Kat, who flicked him off. Will ignored them both.

"Right then... about the firsties, word has it Harry Potter's one of them."

Danny looked up with an eyebrow's raised, skeptical. Trey looked genuinely interested at Will's excited face. Sean looked confused and Katy looked like she couldn't care less. The Ravenclaw in Danny was intrigued though, "You sure it's not just typical gossip hot air? I mean no one's seen the-boy-who-lived in a while." Will shrugged.

"Not sure, but we can verify."

Danny shook his head, "boy's probably swarmed with fans at this point, we wouldn't even get close. Besides, they'll announce his name like anyone else at the feast. Let's just be patient now."

Trey rolled his eyes, "yes mom."

"Watch it Summers, I'll bend you over my knee and tan your hide if you keep up that tone young man." Danny joked.

Sean laughed, "Oh yeah, and I'm the one in the closet."

Kat threw up her hands in exasperation. "That's it! I need a break from you idiots. Move, I'm heading to the loo." She all but shoved Sean out of the way as she went over to the doors and out into the corridor. After relieving herself, she passed one of the compartments with opened doors and saw Anwen, a fellow Hufflepuff. They had know of each other though not necessarily talked much the last two years. Still she looked bored sitting with a bunch of older Slytherins. Popping her head inside, Katy called out to her. "Hey Anwen, it's been a while. We should catch up. Would you like to join us in our compartment?" She gave a glance at the other Slytherins in the same room, who looked at her with a stony expressions on their faces, letting Anwen know that she would be more than fine with sitting next to a fellow Hufflepuff.

Anwen looked at her, then at her brother. "Kalorn?" She said. He looked at her and nodded. "Fine, but be back soon or I'm going to go find you. And I swear if you get near that Cedric.." He said. She nodded." I know, I know." She stood up and walked with the other girl.

Kat watched the two interact, the Anwen walked over to follow her back to their compartment. The Hufflepuff girl looked at the other and said, "Was that your boyfriend? Or brother?" She watched the other girl's reaction, trying to get to know her housemate a little better. That had always been what most of the other girls, and even some guys, in Hufflepuff criticized about Kat, though she usually just threw them the bird in response. Still, it couldn't hurt to have another girl in the group. She could only roll her eyes so much in one day. Maybe two will double the barely noticeable effect on the guys.

Anwen looked at her. "That was my brother Kalorn Walsh. He's an advisor to Snape. My oldest brother Cheren is more well known though. I don't have a boyfriend. And the Cedric comment was just anger. Our families are feuding, so I'm forbidden to even look at Cedric." She explained.

Kat looked almost impressed at the casual way Anwen said all that. "Brother huh? Fair enough. I think I've heard of a Cheren Walsh somewhere, some time. So the Walsh are feuding with the Diggories huh? What's the story behind that?" They arrived at their destination, Kat let Anwen in first before following and closing the door behind them. The newcomer attracted both Sean's and Trey's eyes immediately, while Will regarded her more calmly and Danny gave her a smile and a quick nod. Sitting down, Kat gestured at the window seat next to her, so Anwen wouldn't have to feel uncomfortable sitting next to one of the guys. "This is a friend of mine. Hufflepuff obviously. Anwen Walsh. Anwen, these are the idiots that hang around me." She began pointing them out.

Sticking a finger at Sean. "The drooling lion over there's Sean Crews. All actions and no brains. A true Gryffindor." Sean quickly composed himself before shooting a glare at Kat.

"Hey, I'll have you know I got an Exceed Expectations at Charms last year."

Rolling her eyes, Kat waved over at the Ravenclaws, "The other drooling idiot's Trey Summers. He actually has some intelligence, hence in the house of the 'Claws. You'll just be hard pressed to find a time when he actually uses it though. Next to him is Daniel Alberton. He's... tolerable."

While Trey humph in mocked annoyance, crossing his arms, Danny gave Kat a smile. "Aww, that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me. You aren't going soft on me are you Kat?"

Kat ignored the comment, turning to Will. "The snake over there's Will Pierce. Don't let his frosty side intimate you. Show him a little skin and he folds over faster than a house of cards. He's alright for a Slytherin." Will gave a curt nod at Anwen. Kat then turned back to Anwen, "so what's the story with your family and Diggory?" At the question, Will and Sean both looked more attentive, while Danny kept an ear out, but not overtly interested.

Anwen sat beside her and sighed.

"Well. Our mother was killed by he who shall not be named. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Cedric's parents were there and apparently could've done something to save her. Or that's what my father tells me. And they just stood by watching. So after my mother died, my father started the family feud between our families. And since then, I'm not allowed to even look at Cedric. His family isn't as insistent on the feud as mine is though. Cheren and Kalorn don't even speak Cedric's name very often. And when they do, there is a definite anger in their tone. I personally think it's rather idiotic, seeing as how Cedric had absolutely nothing to do with it." She spoke clearly and slowly. She didn't go too fast as she didn't want to lose anyone.

At Anwen's tale, several reactions to it came up. Kat, surprising even herself, wrapped an arm around Anwen and gave her a hug. Will had a thoughtful expression on his face, while Trey and Sean both scowled at the thought of You-Know-Who and his Death Eaters. Danny however, looked directly at Anwen now, and asked the question that he and Will unknowingly shared.

"So why doesn't your father or one of your brothers just challenged Cedric or his father to an honor duel? Seemed pointless to have something like this drag on for years, especially if it was something so severe as to your mother dying." Kat shot a glare at Danny for being an insensitive jerk, but the young Ravenclaw ignored it. He knew how close it was for him to be orphaned or straight out killed himself, along with the rest of the family, and this line of thought just intrigued him. Will nodded as well, indicating that he too was interested at the answer.

Anwen looked at them. "My father does hate Cedric's family, but he isn't the type of person to use magic for that purpose. Cheren doesn't particularly hate them. He feels that since our father started it, he should be the one to end it. Kalorn is bound by Snapes request to not fight over futile matters. " She wasn't sad in the slightest about her mothers passing. Her family had its time to heal, and she hadn't really known her mother as she was a baby when it happened.

Danny frowned, "I see. Well please forgive me for prying into your family business; my apologies." He gave a bow from where he sat, and grabbed one of the Honeyduke's best chocolate bars before holding it out to Anwen. "Considered this a token of welcome from us. It's nice to meet you Anwen." He said with a smile, still ignoring Kat's glare.

Will at the same time looked out of their window and said, "Looks like we're getting close, better get changed into uniform now." He got up, followed by the other guys. "Ladies first." They exited the car and closed the door behind them, while Kat grabbed her set of uniform and changed. After they switched and everyone was in the proper school clothing again, Kat looked over at Anwen, now with a smile, "So how was your summer Anwen?"

Anwen hadn't taken the candy from him as she loathed candy. She turned to Kat. " Nothing very exciting happened. I studied a lot. I did learn quite a few new things." She said quietly as she looked out the window. Kalorn entered and looked at Anwen. "Anwen, you must come back to your seat now. You need your things when we get off of the train." He glanced at everyone and nodded at Will. He was in his uniform that matched with Will's. Anwen smiled at everyone. Something she rarely did was smile. "I have to go with my brother. Please excuse me." She walked out with Kalorn and went back to sitting with the older males from Slytherin.

Will gave another nod back to Kalorn, and the group watched as Anwen left with her brother, but not before smiling at everyone. Sean, Trey and even Kat smiled back at her, while Danny just stared at the older Slytherin student. The group went back to chatting amongst themselves again, and before long the Express pulled into Hogsmeade station. A quick carriage ride later, Danny found himself sitting at the Ravenclaw table with Trey as they watched the Sorting take place in front of them. He could see from his peripheries Kat had sat next to Anwen at the 'Puff's table next to them. It was nice to see Kat actually having some friends outside of the guys, especially now that someone could take care of her in their common room.

There were quite a bit of murmuring when Harry Potter's name was announced, though Danny just observed. The raven haired boy looked scrawny, as though he hadn't eaten enough in a while. His face looked shy and embarrassed with all the attention. Surely someone as famous as him would used to all the attention by now? Trey leaned over and whispered to Danny, "Doesn't look like much does he?"

Danny replied without looking at his friend to give away the conversation, "Neither did us our first year. Appearances are often deceitful." When he got sorted to Gryffindor, many of his housemate's groans were drowned out by the lions' cheer from their table. Trey pulled out a flask and took a sip, before handing it to Danny, who also drank the lime flavored Gatorade within. The sorting finished with a boy named Blaise Zabini, who went to Slytherin. The headmaster stood up and gave his usual introduction speech.

"Welcome! Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you!" While the hall clapped and cheered, Danny took another sip of the Gatorade. The feast began, and the two Ravenclaw boys ate their filled, before Trey turned to Danny.

"Morning workout tomorrow?" Danny nodded as he swallowed a bite of his sandwich and taking a drink of orange juice; he never really got into pumpkin.

"Every weekday." He looked over at Sean at the Gryffindor table as well as Will at Slytherin's and Kat at Hufflepuff's. "You invited the others?"

Trey ripped a piece of chicken apart, before finishing the bite, "Yup, Kat said she'll join us by Wednesday. Got some remnant issues from her cycle. Will and Sean are in, though I can't see Sean keeping up with our run. Bet you a gallon he's been sitting on his butt and looking at naughty witches magazine all summer."

Danny laughed, "That or pictures of Bell." Trey joined him in laughter. It wasn't a secret that their friend was quite taken with the second year Katie Bell, and though Sean hasn't committed any actions yet, it was kind of an open secret in the group. "Five gallons say he won't be able to keep up until Halloween."

"Deal."

With that the feast ended. Dumbledore gave another typical return to school announcements, though something else had came up.

"Ahem - just a few more words now that we are all fed and watered. I have a few start-of-term notices to give you. First years should notethat the forest on the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well." He gave a subtle glance at the Weasley twins at the Gryffindor table. "I have also been asked by Mr. Filch, the caretaker, to remind you all that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors. Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of the term. Anyone interested in playing for their House teams should contact Madam Hooch. And finally, I must tell you that this year, the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a very painful death."

Danny frown, this was something new. Usually it was something about the new Defense Teacher, but an entire courted off corridor?

"And now, before we go to bed, let us sing the school song!"

After a horrible crime against humanity that was the singing of Hogwarts' school song, Danny met up with the others to confirm tomorrow's workout. He looked over at Anwen, whom Kat had more or less dragged over to meet them. "Anwen, we like to stay in shape by working out in the morning during weekdays, would you like to join us tomorrow?"

Anwen shook her head. "I'm sorry, I cannot. I have other things to attend to for the headmaster. I've been asked to not tell you what it is. " She looked at Cedric who was talking to his friends. "I really don't understand what could be so bad about him." She said quietly, before looking back at them. "I should probably go. I've been asked to show around a group of first years that are joining Gryffindor as their guide is attending to other things." She nodded at them before going to lead a group that was full of young students, among them was Harry Potter.

Danny nodded, understanding her loyalty to her duties. It seemed that she was one of Dumbledore's pawns. A pity. Still he smiled and nodded before getting the answers from the others. They were as expected. Soon the group departed and the two headed up to Ravenclaw's common room, or "the raven's nest." Along the way, Danny noticed Trey's looks at Cho Chang, and chuckled. He really needed to get in control of his hormones, especially before they really kick in. With a quick detour to bathroom to brush his teeth, Danny slumped into bed and slept fitfully.

Just before dawn, two boys headed down to the entrance hall where they met the other two members of their group. Sean was bleary eyed and yawning, while Will looked like he had just crawled out of bed. Still, Danny supposed that he and Trey only looked slightly better, so it was a good thing none of them ever considered their physical appearances to be that big of a deal. Together they went out to the grounds and began their laps around the lake. After slowing down multiple times for Sean to catch up, they went to one of the banks and stretched before moving on to hand to hand combat exercises with one another.

By the time Kat came down to check up on them, the sound of clanging could be heard. The boys had transfigured weapons from nearby sticks and were sparring with them. Danny had a long sword against Trey's long daggers, while Will used his shield against Sean's mace. Magical combat nowadays often under utilize close quarters, and Danny's been taught to use every advantage he could get. So as the Hufflepuff stretched out her muscles, weapons slammed against each other even as other students were only just waking up.

Anwen walked by Cedric who was studying something she didn't know what was. She was carrying papers that dumbledore had given her, to the head of the Hufflepuff house. It had been pretty hard to avoid him as they were sorted into the same house. But she was putting an effort towards trying to stay away from him. She didn't want to anger her brother who seemed to find out about everything she did one way or another. Of course, because the floor had just been mopped, she slipped and fell, scattering the papers. She was fine, but she had to pick up the papers before anyone else read them. They were about the blocked off areas in the school. Informing the head of each house about how to handle students who disobey and go into the forbidden areas and such were contained in the papers. She was highly focused on picking up the papers, ignoring the students that had passed her. They were all wondering what could be written on so many papers.

Finishing the training, the group dispersed at the entrance hall. Kat had saw Anwen picking up a bunch of fallen paper on the way back to their dorm, and went over to help. The others, not seeing anything, went back to shower and change before grabbing breakfast. Danny came down with Trey and they both started to on the first meal of the day, when the owl post came. An owl dropped down in front of Danny and held out the paper tied to its leg, which the young 'Claw soon paid for and untied. Reading the headlines, he frown and prodded Trey on the side, getting his attention.

"Someone tried to break in to Gringotts." Trey raised his eyebrows and finished the mouthful of food he had.

"So what? I bet they have a break-in every other weekend." Danny looked closely at the paper.

"No bodies." That got Trey's attention.

"Really? They stole from Gringotts?"

"Nah, vault got emptied earlier in the day apparently. Can you imagined the rush if it was though?"

Trey scowled, "I don't trust the goblins as far as I can throw them. You would think people would learn from all the Goblin rebellions that have happened in the past."

"Well people are idiots Trey, you should know that by now." Sean came over and sat next to them. The rule was that students only had to sit at their house's table at the sorting and leaving feast, and could sit anywhere they wanted any other time of the year. As such the crew usually converge on the Ravenclaw's table. "That's why my parents have a vault with the Dwarves out in Alps. They might be as greedy as the goblins, but they've never broken their word or honor."

Danny looked over at Sean, "huh, you guys too? We opened up our account with the Bank Under the Mountain right after our first year." Sean cocked his head at the sentiment.

"Most secure underground fortress in the world. Beautiful architecture too."

Trey looked sheepish as he grabbed a quill, his ink bottle and some paper. "I guess I should write to my mum and dad then..." He began drafting out a letter while the other two boys looked on in amusement.

After a while, Anwen walked into the dinning area with Kat. She handed her brother another large stack of paper that was almost identical to the one she had dropped. Since Kalorn was directly under snape, he could give snape the instructions from Dumbledore that she had given the head of her house. After that, she went to Dumbledores office and after turning in her findings on her task, was done doing his bidding. She then sat next to a random person, not looking to see who it was. It ended up being Danny. She looked over and noticed it was him. "I'm done doing things for the headmaster now. He had just needed me for the orientation work. Now that that's over, I'm done." She sighed and then looked at the rest of the group.

Danny arched an eyebrow at the girl, "Forgive my prying again, but why would the headmaster asking you to be doing something for him? Surely he has others who can complete tasks on his behalf, should he need them to. Why bother a student in the middle of a school year? You're a bit young to be a prefect and I don't see a badge on you anywhere." He gave her a quick look down in order confirm that statement.

Danny made a face, "huh, I see. Well we work out every morning, so you're more than welcome to join us." He gave her a polite smile, before snatching the Daily Prophet out of Trey's hand and showing her the headline. "You heard about the break in at Gringotts? Looks like their security's been lapsing recently."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back