• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
MOOD: Stelling in.

OUTFIT: It's Called Fashion

basics

MENTIONS:
Lord_Boreas Lord_Boreas
tags
TL;DR
Chats with Boreas
tl;dr
Amora Bluebell

Amora adjusted in her booth leaning their back against the cool window and sprawling out her legs stifling a yawn. They spent most of last night stirring in their room unable to sleep due to anxiety, and their sister Val blasting music in their shared room as one last dig at them before they would leave. They were tired yes, but also extremely wired their brain going a thousand miles per hour. Well aware today was gonna be a rough one until they could crash in their dorm tonight.

She turned their gaze to meet the Ravenclaw boy, nodding yes when he asked their name. She watched him reach into his bag and pull out two bars of chocolate, passing one over to them. Amore couldn't help but smile at his American accent enjoying it since it was a nice break from the norm. They took the bar of chocolate. "Thank you" They said with a smile. They then sat up straight and went into their bag pulling out a bottle of soda. Holding it up to offer him the bottle. "Might have taken a beaten" She laughed. "So I'd be careful opening it up."

Amore cracked her knuckles. "So anything you're looking forward to this year?" They asked with a smile.

Hufflepuff
mood
Oh hello there!
mentions
Tilly
Nivara Marcello
The summer passed in a montage of Nivara dancing under the stars and running through fields of golden flowers after their siblings and roommate. A flash of shouting and arguments ran late into the night. She tried new things too, daring jumps from a staggering cliff that stole her breath and off bridges that made their stomach plummet. Now the crisp summer air had turned into heavy autumn air that stole their breath when they stepped outside their apartment. Now it was time for school to resume where she didn’t have to hide her magic and was able to play Quidditch again. They practiced through the summer in the dead of night when everything was still but it wasn’t enough for them. Nivara wanted to fly and feel the wing rip through their hair as they raced after the golden snitch.

She slowly blinked up at the ceiling, arms and legs sprawled out across the duvet of her bed. Sunlight poured into the small room casting it in brilliant hues of marigold and ruby, something they normally enjoyed but now something she dreaded to get rid of. Tears glistened as they slipped down their cheeks and then their jaw to land on the bed sheet. Their heart was heavy like a stone in their chest, a feeling they haven’t been able to get rid of since the last argument with their roommate and ultimately the last time they have seen her in a week. An argument that started over her finding out Nivara was a witch. She raised a hand in a weak attempt to clear the tears away, she needed to get up and get ready for the train. The last thing they needed to do was miss it.

They took a deep breath, trying to get the will to move but her limbs lay heavy at her sides. They didn’t know how much longer it was as they slipped into their thoughts before a knock on the door disrupted them. They quickly shot up, rubbing at their eyes to clear away the mascara. A small hope bloomed in her chest that it was her roommate coming to apologize. But it wasn’t. It was their little sister whose large eyes appeared in the doorway instead of golden brown ones. “Hey what’s up?” They smiled, trying to hide the disappointment that it wasn’t their roommate.

“Do you have any lipstick I can borrow for the train ride- Oh Vivi are you alright?” Those large eyes narrowed slightly as she took in Nivara’s disheveled look. “Why are you not ready to go yet? The train leaves in an hour!”

“I’m quite alright Himari. Just got mascara in my eyes is all.” She gave an uneasy laugh even though her sister saw through the lie. Himari rushed inside and bundled Nivara up in her arms. “I swear I’m quite alright. Now, what about that lipstick?”

They freed themselves of Himari and paced to the other side of the room where a rickety wooden dresser stood with some of the knobs missing. “Red Apple or Honey Chestnut? Are you trying to impress that boy from last year? If so go with Red Apple, it fits your outfit more and it's more seductive.” They wiggled their eyebrows and Himari busted out laughing.

“Maybe I am! Maybe I’m not! But I’ll take the red one. Thanks Vivi!” With a quick snatch, Himari bounced out of the room and Nivara let out a breath. Feeling a little lighter thanks to their sister and maybe she was right. She did need to get ready. They yanked open the bottom drawer of their dresser, clothing with assaulting hues of pink and orange though there were a couple of closet essentials. All the blacks, whites and creams. Those are what she went for this time.

They pulled out a black turtle neck, knowing the trip to the rain would be cold and rainy. They slipped it on over their head, followed by a half-unbuttoned white dress shirt and a large grey plaid sweater. Layers equaled warmth while still looking fashionable. She pulled on a pair of black jeans, tucking the shirts into it and stumbled into a pair of black leather boots. Once they were fully dressed, they grabbed their luggage and a frog umbrella. Nivara gave a short whistle and a sheep came barreling into their room. With a small smile, they bent down and gave the sheep a soft pat on the head. “We ready to head out Beep Bop?” The sheep baaed before bouncing out of the room, they followed suit, calling out to their sister to hurry up.

After a speedy walk to the train station, chortling her little sister to behave when on the train and once they got to Hogwarts. They pushed their sister through the platform wall and stumbled after Beep Bop. With a quick goodbye and kiss on the head, they left their sister in favor of getting onto the train car and hopefully getting a somewhat empty cabin. Some students called out to her and she gave a bright smile, waving to them as they wove through the crowd. Though much to their dismay as they climbed onto the train, there were not many empty train cars so they threw themselves into the closest one with only one person.

“Hello! Mind if I sit with you? I’m afraid that all the other train cars are just about full and as much as I love people I want a little bit of room ya’know? And it’s difficult to get a cabin to yourself because you have all of these first-years running through the halls like untamed hooligans. Oh, merlin! You’re not a first-year right? I apologize if you are! Oh right right, I should introduce myself. I’m Nivara and I’m a Hufflepuff or well more so the Hufflepuff.” She gave a bright, friendly smile as she sat down at the opposite end, tucking her luggage overhead and Beep Bop stomped in after her. “What’s your name?”

coded by natasha.

Alenia Lyrei
Relaxed, Anxious, Worried
Empty train car at the end of the train, Train Cooridors
Alenia sighed as she leaned back in her seat. Her ears picked up the sounds of feet and voices as everyone began to find a car to sit in. Her quiet sanctuary had yet to have a visitor, which was definitely endearing to the girl. Nia closed her book and stood up, giving a slight stretch and smiling as her back popped loudly. She gently packed away her books and gave another sigh before turning her eyes to the loyal viper around her neck. "Sssshall we meander a bit? You know it isss better for both of usss to move around." Her soft, hissing voice soothed her pet as she exited the compartment quietly.

"That sounds good. Maybe you can introduce yoursself to othersss." Rani hissed out softly, knowing the topic was a very sensitive one. Her scales brushed against the tanned skin slightly, reassuring the elf as she felt her friend's soft steps to exit the car. The viper was very much aware of her witch's past, but it was clear that she hoped that with the inheritance, Alenia would start to mingle a bit more. The last Alenia carried on her shoulders was a dark one, and one both beings weren't happy about. They much preferred their Maldive Sanctuary thank you very much. Nia wasn't proud of her history, and she partially wanted friends. She just... to put it lightly, had trust issues. She wanted to trust others, and her creature inheritance coming forward definitely didn't help the urge to protect and get to know younger years.

The light turquoise and patterned skirt swirled around long legs as Alenia strode through the now empty corridors of the train. Her fingers brushed against the walls and the windows reminiscently as she gave a rare quirk of her lips. "Rani, you know very well I am not one to sssssocialize." She hissed. Her piercing mercury silver-blue dipped gaze landed through occupied cars, noting many had everyone already sitting with someone. Nia paused when she saw a hammock set up and an elegant eyebrow raised curiously. Rani lifted her angular head to observe curiously as well. Nia glanced at her friend and shrugged. "To each, their own" Her hissing was still quiet as the duo studied the layout of the car interestedly.

coded by natasha.

Last edited:

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ left side info ------ */
mood Anxious

location Hogwarts Express

outfit Suit & Cloak [x]

tags @Lord_Boreas

jae-suk hyun

/* ------ right side ------ */
September 1st
For such an anticipated date, it seemed rather ironic how gloom painted the day, grey clouds smothering the sunlight and rain softly pelting against any surface it can. Most may take the weather to be melancholic, but for Jae-Suk it helped ease the creeping anxiety rattling his nerves. The source of which he couldn’t identify, perhaps it was the aspect of students returning for the last time and news ones stepping into a whole new world which he held responsibility to guide them through, or maybe something else entirely. Every year without fail, he always feels a little uneasy in the beginning.

Looking at a simple ticking clock on the wall, he finds there’s just enough time to double check his belongings. Looking inside the piece of luggage, spelled with inner expansion, he finds nothing missing. With a gentle sigh, he closes the leather case and removes it from where it was resting. Gripping the luggage securely, he makes his way to the front door where his adored kneazle, Nix, was waiting. Silently they both exit, an umbrella in Jae-Suk’s unoccupied hand, leaving behind their home away from Hogwarts.

———————​

Droplets of water cascade upon the opened umbrella, a delightful sound to Jae-Suk, the wetness an annoyance to Nix who was quite vocal about her discontent. “We’re here, just wait a moment and I’ll get you dry.” he says towards the kneazle, giving her a head pat and getting a glare in response. Closing the umbrella, they enter the train station and make their way to Platform 9 ¾, arriving early as usual for the pair. They’ve never been late for the train, nor ever cut close to the departure time. He liked to be punctual, with a bit of extra time if needed.

Before entering the professor's assigned train car, he wordlessly casts a drying charm on Nix, hoping to ease some of her grouchiness. It seems to work, if only just slightly. Walking through the car’s hallway, he finds an empty compartment near the front of the car and slides the door open. Nix takes the chance to jump on the left seat, closest to the window. He settles in next to her, placing the leather luggage atop his lap, the door sliding closed beside him. The window was dry, not yet touched by the weather.

Taking out a magical puzzle trinket, he fiddles with it to keep anxiety at bay and fill the silence the train held at the moment. It was a simple looking metal box, what it contained he was not quite sure, he’s been working on it for about a week now and has not been able to get it open. He liked the challenge though. His face was set in an expression that may look like irritation, but in reality was a product of being positively focused on working out the puzzle. Before long the train started to fill, coming to life with excitement from students and professors alike. The train itself also seemed to be livelier, as if happy to be back on the railway.

Without warning, the compartment door opened up, causing Jae-suk to snap his attention away from the box and to the figure in the doorway; the look of false irritation still in place. There stood Hogwart’s Transfiguration professor, Nathaniel Grimmrose, ever friendly in greeting and well dressed. As the other professor tossed his carry-on to the open seat, and himself following not soon after, Jae-Suk sat there blinking at the man now opposite him. Taking a moment to figure out how to respond, and clutching the metal box in his hands, he takes a silent breath.

“It’s alright, Professor Gimmrose. I am indeed doing well, I hope it is the same for you.” voice monotone, but not unfriendly. There was a hesitancy in speaking, not quite sure how to interact, but not wanting to make the atmosphere awkward. ”Yes, the start of the year is always…awaited. Much excitement and energy to be expected for the coming weeks.” With a small tilt of his head, he observes his co-worker who seems well put-together contrary to his words. He let the man be as the train started, re-focusing on the puzzle box.

———————​

The cabin was serene, filled with Nix purring softly as water ran down the window, soft clicks of metal, and the occasional sound of paper rustling. If he were an entirely different person, perhaps he would have a small smile complimenting the calmness he felt, instead there was a crease in his forehead from the way his brows were knitted. He’d had for more noisier and overwhelming journeys to the magic school, but Grimmrose was a rather pleasing companion to have, not a bother in the slightest.

In a rare occurrence, the train jerked slightly, causing him to lose grip of the object in his hands. It tumbled to the floor, knocking into black dress shoes not his own. With a small sigh he sets aside the luggage taking space on his lap, and folds his upper body as he reaches down to grab it. ”Apologies, I was not holding it tightly enough.” he says lightly, glancing at the professor hoping to not have startled him too bad. He sits up properly, cracking his knuckles without thought in a habitual way.

The closer they got to the castle, the harder it was to settle the anxiety rushing through him. Replacing the luggage to sit upon his legs, he pockets the puzzle box and runs a hand through Nix’s fur. With the serenity of the compartment already broken, he shifts in his seat, ”May I ask what you find to be the most fascinating about transfigurations?” Jae-Suk is usually not one to inquire such a question, yet the prospect of a silence befalling the cabin unsettled him.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Dianthus

As he removed his damp coat and adjusted the long sleeves of his shirt, Dianthus debated whether to lie so as to keep a good impression. While he wouldn't consider himself someone that vied for popularity, he was adverse to the idea of people seeing him in a negative light.

"No, that would be rude of me to hog all the space," he politely answered, gingerly folding his coat atop his lap. "Besides, the more the merrier."

But if people chose to skip this cabin due to the lack of visible free seats Dianthus wasn't going to be overwrought with guilt. Honestly, if someone was determined enough to sit here with them, he would move his things without kicking up a fuss. He just hoped it wouldn't come to that. The more space he had to claim as his own the better the trip would be in his opinion.

Finally, his eyes wandered back to the other occupant in the cabin. Pale blonde hair trimmed short and framing a sharp face. He also appeared to be watching him with curiosity. The smile plastered on Dianthus face shriveled.

"..You seem familiar." Which was an understatement. He would definitely remember someone from that family. Even without his own parent's insistence on getting him to learn about the other purebloods that his parents associated with, he would still have ended up remembering the people that belonged to a family that had tricked him. the grudge he continued to hold for years still remained.

"You're from the Heroux family aren't you?" for a moment, he grimaced as if he stepped on something foul before reigning in his expression and exhibiting a feeble smile. Although Dianthus considered it beneath himself to heave all the blame onto someone that hadn't been involved, it didn't make it easier for him to play nice.

He began to contemplate if It was too late to stand up and seek out another place without looking foolish. But doing so would mean sacrificing a possibility of riding a peaceful cabin; the chance of finding an unoccupied one had all but dwindled.

Letho Letho

Artemis simply tilted his head to the side in response, at the same time raising his eyebrows and - for a second or two - closing his eyes... In an expression that was just as vague of a reaction as he had intended for it to be. It soon disappeared, melting right back into a more default look on his face, as - for a moment longer - he kept watching his new companion prepare for the long journey through half-lidded eyes.

Perfect politeness was not something he had ever been overly concerned with, though he understood when it was necessary and why. Personally, he didn't think being *comfortable* would have been rude, exactly - but he supposed that was for each person to decide for themselves. He did, however, agree with the latter statement; more people definitely meant more... Entertainment.

Still, he didn't comment on the other wizard's words out loud, sticking just to his body language and expression instead. Relaxed, he leant to the side, placing his elbow and forearm on the armrest beneath the window... And fighting the urge to take it all one step further, for example by turning to put his back against that wall instead - and slip his feet onto the seat. They were certainly wide enough for that, at least.

Then again, he did recognise the feeling as simply wishing to go against polite expectations... Right then, at least. Later, he might actually do it - just to change his position.

To be honest, one part of him didn't expect the other wizard to start a conversation - which was funny, since the guy had just said that he was interested in having more company join them in the compartment, which obviously had to include at least some talking. Artemis was mildly surprised, then, when a short moment later the boy did speak, causing him to once again turn his head to glance at his companion...

Well, wasn't that an interesting look on his face.

This time it was only a single eyebrow that went up, turning Artemis' more neutral so far expression into a questioning one. Things were actually starting to get entertaining - and he couldn't help but wonder what exactly the other wizard had to be thinking about right then.

Was he jealous of something? That was one option, though the blond didn't truly think that was the case. From what he knew of the other's family, they also had status and gold, so there really wasn't much to be jealous of at first glance. Then... Perhaps he had received a reading he didn't like at some point? That was more likely, especially since Artemis' aunt, for example, had always believed that she should tell people the truth - and not what they wanted to hear... Which had made for a great spectacle once, Artemis remembered, when she had tried to have a conversation with his distant cousin about her then-fiance...

Or... Was the guy simply against divination as a whole? So many wizards still didn't believe in modern seers for some reason, despite visions and prophecies coming true left and right. Then again, Artemis supposed he could understand why; many would have preferred to remove any elements of fate from their lives, after all.

"Artemis Heroux, yes," he confirmed in the middle of his analysing... Or, well, probably overanalysing. He really couldn't help it, especially since his companion's expression had already changed into a weak attempt at a smile. Ah, yes; appearances were important... Though Artemis' own subtle, slightly amused smile was not there just for the sake of those. "And you are Dianthus Arcelium, correct? Which is, coincidentally, also my favourite flower... Well - Dianthus caryophyllus is, at least."

He wasn't even teasing right then; no, in fact, he added that last part mostly as an afterthought, the tone of his voice growing slightly absent-minded as he did so. He couldn't judge either way - and he rarely did in general.

"Is that a theme? For the names in your family." He was almost certain he had heard of at least one or two more Arceliums with names like that - which wasn't unusual among pure-bloods at all. They certainly liked their traditions... And Artemis' own family was no different in that way, of course. He had been told that his mother and her sister had almost had a fight over Apollo at one point, and that grandmother had been forced to settle it in the end... It was rather ironic how that had turned out, really.

bubbletea bubbletea

Last edited:

• Prof. Nate GrimmRose

interactions:
    Prof. Hyun

mentions:

tags:
    noxious noxious

mood:
    Intrigued

outfit:
    suit with robe

Nate looked up from his book with a shocked expression drawn across his face as the object hit his foot. His normally brown eyes gave off a yellow hue before returning to the original color, his metamorphmagus abilities activating subconsciously. “No big deal” he said correcting his facial expression. As he turned to look at the book once more he was interrupted by a question to which he smiled brightly “well you could say I was born with a natural affinity for it” he chuckled softly at his own joke, setting the book to his side “in short” he said holding his hand up in the air for the Professor to see “most already know but I am a metamorphmagus. I can transfigure parts of my body at will to assume different forms and sometimes convey emotion” he cleared his throat and looked to his hand that was taking on a more feline shape, with black hair and claws “who better to teach transfiguration than a person who can change any aspect of themselves on the drop of a hat” he stated, putting down his hand which had returned to normal.

As for the most fascinating aspect” he smiled and leaned forward “being able to alter the form of something? Changing it into something completely different and maybe even giving it a new purpose” he sat back in the seat with a small grin “well that’s what magic is for, to make things better, to create change” he finished, adding extra emphasis on the word change with a smile on his face as if he was giving a lesson to one of his students. Nate looked at his bag, silently cursing “speaking of transfiguration” he mumbled and pulled what looked to be a black smoking pipe from the bag before setting it on his lap “sorry Zaz, totally forgot you were in there” he said, pulling his wand from his pocket and waving it across the pipe on his lap. The smoking pipe’s form shimmered and it morphed into a black snake who instantly slithered up Nate’s arm and coiled around his neck like a scarf “Next time” Zaz spoke in parseltongue “jussst leave me at home Nathaniel” the snake hissed at him to which Nate just chuckled but didn’t respond. Most people knew of his ability to talk to snakes but in order to keep from getting weird looks all the time, he actively tries to keep it to himself.

He looked back up to the charms Professor “What about you? what’s it like teaching charms? I mean I was quite the duelist and spell caster back in the good old days but to actually teach charms seems like it takes a whole new level of dedication” Nate smiled, rubbing a finger on the back of Azazel’s head.

Magic is Change

♡design by yourlocal-eboyy, coded by uxie♡

scroll

Gryffindor

Alphonse

mood

Excited + Tired

outfit

The Train

interactions

Open

tags

Open

Not long after they arrived at the train station, Alphonse broke off from Amethyst. She was a strong woman, she could handle herself. Plus he was hungry and he wanted to eat something that wasn’t just from the train. He shook the rain from his outfit and jumped up and down a couple of times. The blood started to flow back through his body as he approached the small fish and chips counter. He drummed a hand on the counter as he looked up at the menu, silently debating if he should just buy the fish and chips or the sweets on the train. He could get the sweets for Otto… He glanced back towards the platform; he really needed to hurry but the call of fish and chips was one too great to ignore.

He smiled at the worker and ordered, moving to the side to allow the next person to go. He watched with interest as the person made his order, flying through the steps with grace. The worker pushed it to him and he gave a thankful nod, paying real quickly before turning around. Alphonse dragged his items behind him as he popped a chip into his mouth, running through the platform.

He was not prepared for the onslaught of voices and teary goodbyes. His lip pulled back slightly revealing sharpened canines. Alphonse adverted his eyes, quickly hurrying by. He did not need the onslaught of emotions from the sight of it. He was strong and independent. He needed to get on the train before it left. He pulled his luggage along with one hand and his fish and chips sat perched in the other. Alphonse blew the air out of his face as he surveyed the perimeter for his sister and saw her boarding with Tapioca. A sly smile on his face as he wove his way after them. He wasn’t exactly going to sit with them but he was curious to see how the long train ride would go…

He plopped down into a mainly empty compartment, facing the person he winked and gave a sharp-toothed smile. “Heya love, Ima hide out in here if that’s alright? Bit crazy down in the platforms if I do say so.” He finished off his fish and chips, closing his eyes. Nyx jumped up in his lap and purred. He stroked a hand down her fur and murmured something before he passed out. One fun train ride here he comes.

♡coded by uxie♡

(Interactions: Talathel Talathel 🌟✨)

Richard patrolled the halls for approximately an hour and a half, tugging on pant legs and jumping on trunks as students walked by. In a moment of frustration, he even hopped on a student's hair, giving the strands a gentle tug with Ratatouille in mind. When the halls quieted down, he settled down on a window ledge on an empty compartment, watching the scenery pass through the compartment's window as he fell into a light nap. A few minutes later, he shook himself awake, deciding to do one last sweep of the halls. To his surprise, he caught a lady peering into Nova's compartment, half turned away as if she was debating whether or not to ender. He squeaked to grab her attention before she moved past, scurrying over by jumping between doors. He tried to pay the viper little mind, pushing the thought of being swallowed whole away as he met her eyes. He released a single, prolonged squeak, just loud enough to hear.

Inside, Harry stirred, scrambling over to the window to tap against the glass in excitement. He squeaked louder, trying to invite her in.

Nova slept through all the noise, absorbed in the dreamland land of gingerbread.

scroll

Ravenclaw

Amethyst

mood

Excited

Platform 9 3/4

interactions

Tap

Amethyst’s lips curled into a smile as she patted her friend's arm. “I am doing well! Bit of a dispute between me and Alphie earlier but I won!” Her smile grew as she grabbed ahold of her friend’s hand, bouncing on the balls of her feet. “Of course you did! Very fashionable indeed!” She signed, tugging Tapioca to the train. She was right. They needed to get on before they were stuck with rowdy first years and any other sort of people. Maybe 8 hours of alone time with Tapioca could be good. They could talk about Quidditch or books or even their summers!

Titan followed behind her, panting and pushing people out of the way so he could stay close to Amethyst and Tapioca. He nudged her legs a couple of times and let out soft barks to which she just smiled and nodded to him. She didn’t let go of Tap’s hand as she navigated the train. Only as if to ensure her friend was still right there, safe and sound. Not being pulled away by some first years. Rain pattered softly against the windows, a calming lullaby that would have gone nice with Amethyst’s cello.

She hummed lightly, yanking Tap into the nearest empty train cart. She shut the door and sunk into the seat. Titan jumped up and lay on Tap, licking her face with a soft ‘woof’. Amethyst just laughed, shaking her head. “I always forget how much he likes you. He missed you this summer you know? You should have come and visited us in France!” She signed with a bright smile. Images of Tap riding alongside her in the countryside were enough to make her cheeks turn red but she just glanced out the window. The platforms were clearing out now but some parents still remained to see their children off. Amethyst resented them slightly for it.

They tore their gaze away and focused on Tap, a more subdued smile on their face. “What was your summer like? I wanna know everything! Did you meet anyone new and exciting?” She signed quickly, though jealousy was like a snake weaving in and out of their mind. Silently hoping that no, Tap did not meet anyone and Amethyst would remain a favorite. Her mind was busy running through everything she might need for school to distract the thoughts that bubbled up. She was going to be top of her class again this year. End on a good note and get hired somewhere with remarkable skills. Yes, that is what she should think about. Not pretty girls and who they might have met this summer.

♡coded by uxie♡

Alenia Lyrei
Relaxed, Anxious, Curious
Empty train car at the end of the train, Train Cooridors
A soft inhale of the breath escaped Alenia as she felt something brush past her legs, her piercing gaze lowering to find out what it was. Her lips twitched slightly at the sight of a pygmy puff slipping into the compartment she had been eyeing curiously. "Nia, what are you thinking?" Rani hissed warily, her head lifting as she looked at her mistress curiously.

"Oh nothing Rani, you sssaid to sssocialize, yesss?" Alenia carefully took a step forward, her eyes scanning the compartment slowly before she settled herself by a window. Her eyes glanced out the window to watch the scenery fly by. Rani hissed her gently reprimand as the boy wasn't awake, so how was it socializing? As Nia glanced around, a delicate eyebrow raised as she not only noticed the pygmy puff that had brushed by her as it entered the compartment, but there was another! The elf gently combed her fingers through her long ebony locks, gently detangling the small knots that had formed while traveling.

Rani lowered her head back onto the warm collarbones of her witch, her soft hissing soothing the parselmouth elf gently. Blue scales glittered faintly under the lights as she continued to gently calm the elf. Nia relaxed back against the window, a soft hum leaving her lips as she stretched slightly. "What a sssmart way to travel, yesss Rani?" Her soft hissing echoed around the closed compartment. "Yesss Nia, I agree." Rani hissed softly, her eyes leaving Alenia's piercing gaze to glace at the hammock where Nova chilled.

coded by natasha.

MOOD: is happy

OUTFIT: STYLING

basics
MENTIONS:
n/a

INT:
Amethyst Cello. Cello.
tags
TL;DR just talking
tl;dr
tapioca
ravenclaw seeker

Tapioca grinned, and she gave a slight nod of her head before replying, “Oh that’s good that you won!” She said hastily. Then her friend was signing that her outfit was fashionable. Yes, Tapioca is always fashionable! The seeker didn’t get a chance to think of something to say, she was already being tugged towards the train, but she did not mind. Tap was ready to settle down into a train compartment and not get swarmed by hyper first years. It could just be her and Thia in a compartment for hours.

With a firm grip on Amethyst’s hand, she followed her friend and fellow Quidditch player to the train, doing her best to keep her balance and not lose her friend in the crowd. They boarded the train, Frostine still resting snugly on Tap’s shoulder. She was finally relieved to be out of the rain and aboard the warm, dry train. And she was already being pulled into one of the empty train compartments, at least it’s empty. Of course, she wasn’t complaining, and she didn’t mind.

Tapioca had settled into her seat, and she was immediately greeted by Titan who had jumped up to lay in her lap and had started to lick her face. “Hey Titan, I missed you too!” Tapioca said with a short-lived laugh. Tap used the sleeve of her coat to wipe her face. Then she was briefly looking out the window before turning her head back to her friend. Yeah, she should have visited France indeed. “I missed Titan. But I can come to France after we get out of Hogwarts! It’s our last year after all and I wouldn’t mind visiting France once we’re out.” Tapioca suggested, yes it would be great for her to visit France. Tap could go horseback riding with Amethyst!

The seeker hummed in response, “Oh, I didn’t meet anyone new.” She replied and it was followed by a small shrug. Then she continued, “My summer was great though! I just mostly hung around the house and took long walks outside. Walks are really calming and nice if it's not raining. But you know how the weather is. Nature is pretty neat and calming. And I read a whole lot of books." Tapioca grinned a little. "What about you Thia? How was your summer? Did you meet anyone new?" Tapioca inquired out of curiosity. She looked forward to the long hour talks she and Thia could have on the train.
code by valen t.

Pending post!!! Working on it in Google Docs, we'll have it done soon, but just in case we're not done before the timeskip, we'll edit it in later!

MOOD: happy and relaxed

OUTFIT: clicky!

basics
MENTIONS:
n/a

INT:
n/a
tags
TL;DR making an announcement/welcoming everyone to Hogwarts
tl;dr
rosel
headmistress of hogwarts

Another year of being the headmistress of Hogwarts. Rosel had been the headmistress for a long time now, and she’s lost track of how many years it has been quite frankly. But she enjoyed it of course. This year, Rosel thought it would be a great idea to basically host a sleepover as a great way to relax. Students will be in the Great Hall, Professors will be in the Assembly Hall. Will she join the professors in the assembly hall for the sleepover? Rosel wasn’t sure of that yet but she’ll think it over. She might retire to her own bedroom for the night.

It was getting about time for the Hogwarts Express to be arriving soon. The rain hadn’t let up, in fact it was pouring down now. But by now, 7:00 PM was approaching and it was about time for the students and professors to be coming in soon. See, Rosel had been at Hogwarts the whole day, making sure that everything was ready for the first day.

Students and Professors soon poured into the Great Hall and it was time to sort the first years into their houses before the feast could begin. And after that, Rosel could make her announcement about the sleepover. The Sorting Ceremony begun with the first years being sorted into their houses and going to their respective tables.

Now that it was over with, Rosel stood up.

“Welcome, everyone!” Rosel spoke once it had started to quiet down then she continued, “It’s a new year at Hogwarts, or your first year at Hogwarts, and we’re very happy to have you here. Now, I have a special treat for everyone.” Rosel paused for a moment. “After the feast is over with, I have decided that it would be great to have a sleepover. Just to relax before classes begin tomorrow, now students will remain here in the Great Hall, while professors will head to the Assembly Hall.” The headmistress announced gleefully, “Everything will be cleared out and I ask that you go and get anything you wish to bring with you before returning to your respective location.”

And with that, the headmistress was silent for a moment to catch her breath.

“I will be joining the professors in the Assembly Hall. And try not to stay up too late tonight, classes do begin tomorrow and we don’t want anyone to be late to class. Now that I’ve covered that, the feast may begin now!”

That was it. Rosel could go and sit back down.

———————————————————

The feast was over now and it was time for the sleepover to begin. The tables were cleared out of the Great Hall to accompany all of the students and everyone was starting to make their way to their respective locations whilst getting whatever they wanted to bring with them. Books, Pillows, Blankets, that sort of thing.
code by valen t.

The rest of the journey had been... Well, relatively silent, mostly. It hadn't taken Artemis long to figure out that his companion was not all that interested in conversing, but at the same time polite enough to still respond, and while subtly tormenting him in that way had been mildly amusing for a moment, the blond wasn't cruel... And so he had left the other wizard alone relatively fast - excluding an occasional short remark about something or someone interesting behind the window or out in the corridor.

Other than that, it had really been the usual: hours of reading, some sketching, a bit of petting the cat... A short break when the food trolley had arrived, because that was always a great opportunity to gather a small hoard for the future. Not that Artemis ate a lot of sweets in general; he was very picky about that, and rarely in the mood... But emergency supplies were an important thing to own, even if the castle's house elves could technically be asked for nearly anything at any moment.

And then the time had come to change into the school robes - and prepare to finally leave the train.

As far as Artemis could tell, the weather hadn't really changed much during the journey despite the distance they had travelled - or if it had, then definitely not for the better. At least this time he didn't need to keep up the appearances for any Muggles and could simply form a magical cover with his wand instead of using a physical umbrella... Which was definitely more comfortable.

To be fair, it wasn't like he had to stay out in the rain for long, either; he managed to find himself a spot in one of the carriages fast enough, and soon he was on his way to the castle, mostly dry and very glad that he wasn't one of the first years about to experience the traditional trip in the boats over the lake.

Then again, the water did look rather lovely reflecting the lights like that - with the heavy drops of rain disturbing its surface.

Something to recreate later, perhaps.

With his main luggage already taken to the Ravenclaw Tower, Artemis only had his bag and cat with him as he finally entered the Great Hall. The ceiling, of course, resembled the situation outside - but it was much easier and more pleasant to admire it when one didn't need to worry about getting completely soaked, and so the blond spent a couple of seconds with his head tilted back, simply enjoying the view. Dark? Yes. Possibly depressing? Maybe. But also definitely very atmospheric.

But, of course, he didn't want to block the way for everyone else - and so relatively quickly he found his way to his table, taking a seat near one of its ends and allowing Nyx to curl up in his lap for the time being like a giant, fluffy pillow. Maybe she was a bit heavy, but also really warm.

All the tables slowly filled with students as more and more people arrived - and soon the Sorting Ceremony could begin. To be honest, Artemis wasn't personally too interested in it; he didn't know any of the first years, and so for him it was just a matter of seeing the new people joining his house that year. The split was usually relatively even, at least from what he had seen so far... But he still clapped a bit for the kids, most of them visibly nervous, excited, or both.

And once the last first year had been sorted, many sets of eyes all around the room turned towards the headmistress, Artemis' own pair included. It was, after all, another little tradition for a speech to happen at that point... And then the actual feast could begin.

With polite interest and a slightly tilted head, the blond listened to the standard welcoming message... And the less typical announcement that came afterwards. A sleepover? Well, that was... An idea, for sure. He supposed that integration was an important part of the school experience, even if it stood in direct contrast to the existence of houses and the rivalry between them...

He just really couldn't imagine it being very comfortable - or relaxing.

With a sigh, he allowed his gaze to wander, eventually ending up on Nyx - even before the headmistress was done talking. He could deal with this. Who knew, with everyone gathered in one place, maybe he would even overhear something new and interesting? And, worst case scenario, he was really good at tuning out the world and focusing on his own thing - so he should be able to entertain himself.

The feast went fast after that, ending before Artemis knew it. As always, the food was delicious, and varied enough that even he could find something he enjoyed - and a couple of things Nyx could safely eat, too... But the blond was distracted the whole time, still not really looking forward to what was coming - and trying to plan for it.

He didn't need much from the Ravenclaw Tower; he mostly went there with everyone else heading that way to leave Nyx on his bed. While he would have preferred to keep her with him as another source of distraction, he knew that she deserved to get some rest after the long journey... And he didn't only think of himself all the time.

Everything else - he could just conjure.

By the time he arrived back, the Great Hall had been cleared out of tables, leaving a lot of empty space in their stead. While some people were already claiming their spots, it was still relatively easy for him to find a nice one by the wall - not too far away from the fireplace... And there he set to work.

He wasn't planning on going too grand; he doubted that was the point and he could wait one more night for a bed... But he still wanted to be comfortable, and he had high standards for that. A thick, soft mattress came first - while a black silky sheet, pillow, and duvet followed, all of them neatly placed in the right ways and spots on top of Artemis' first creation. He was confident that they would easily survive until morning - and he could just remove them then.

All right; he could live with this.

He was not at all interested in wearing his usual sleep clothes around so many people, and so - for the time being - the robes it was. He would probably take them off later to stay in the attire he had underneath them, perhaps even transfigurate the latter into something more comfortable... But right there and then, he simply set his bag on the mattress and sat down on it himself, resting his back against the wall and keeping his legs straight, one crossed over the other at the ankles.

As he listened and - out of the corner of his eye - watched more people settle down in the Hall, many of them already in groups bigger and smaller, he took out his sketchbook. Working with just a pencil right then was easier than doing colours... But still a pleasant way to pass the time. Turning to a new page, the blond slowly began to place the first lines, not fully committed to any particular idea yet - and not completely focused, either. He wanted to see if anything interesting happened first.

MOOD: a lot

OUTFIT: clicky!

basics
MENTIONS:
n/a

INT:
Alphie Cello. Cello.
tags
TL;DR hiiiii Alphie!
tl;dr
otto
slytherin prefect

The rest of the trip to Hogwarts had been great. Otto had bought some sweets off of the trolley and he had snacked on them during the train ride. He had let Mallomar out of her carrier as well and he just overall enjoyed the train ride. The ride to Hogwarts seemed to go by faster than expected, because it was soon time to change into his school robes, get his things, and step off of the train.

The train came to a halt and Otto began to step off with the others. It was still pouring down rain, and as much as Otto loved the rain, he really wanted to hurry up and get inside the castle right now where it was warm and dry.

Once everyone was starting to gather into Hogwarts, Otto was making his way to the Great Hall.

Otto found his way towards the Slytherin table, taking a seat. The Sorting Ceremony began and the first years were being sorted into their houses, and it didn’t take long for the usual welcome announcement from the Headmistress to begin. But then the Headmistress said something that, quite frankly, caught Otto by surprise.

A sleepover? That sounded great! Otto liked the idea of having a sleepover, honestly. He wondered what he could do during the sleepover. Probably just talk to others, have a pillow fight, that sort of stuff. Now he was waiting for the feast to be over.

The feast was over, and Otto was eager to change into warm pajamas and find a spot in the Great Hall to settle down for the night. As always, Otto wanted to hang around people that he knew well rather than strangers. The prefect left the Great Hall in favor of grabbing some pajamas before going to one of the bathrooms to change. Otto changed into his pajamas before going out to grab some pillows and blankets, as well as his stuffed otter from his luggage.

Mallomar was close to Otto, following him around and staying up against his leg. When he entered the Great Hall once more, everything had been cleared out for everyone and people were starting to settle down. There was someone in particular that Otto was looking for, a certain Gryffindor Chaser.

Alphonse.

Okay, Otto has a crush on Alphonse. And he has been crushing on the Gryffindor for a while, though Otto is shy about it and he’s not going to be saying anything about it anytime soon. As much as he’s hyper and rambles a lot, his crush on Alphie is something he’s keeping quiet about. Besides, Otto doesn’t care that they’re in two different houses. Plus, there’s the fact that Otto wasn’t sure of how Alphie would react to the prefect having a crush on him. And that made Otto nervous. The prefect shook his hand. This was supposed to be a fun sleepover. Let him enjoy it! Holding his stuffed otter close, he began to look around in hopes of seeing Alphie so that they could spend time together.

It didn’t take long for Otto to spot the Gryffindor chaser and a grin spread across his mouth. The prefect began to make his way through the Great Hall and over to Alphie with Mallomar following close behind him. “Hey Alphie!” Otto called out cheerfully, briefly adjusting his glasses. “Do you want to hang out for the sleepover? Well, sit on the floor together? I prefer to hang out with someone I know well, you know.” Otto rambled out to the Gryffindor.

Yeah, just two friends hanging out during the sleepover! Otto wasn’t sure what they were going to talk about though. “Come on Alphie, let’s go sit down somewhere.” The prefect piped up cheerfully.

code by valen t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back