• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Historical RP-- Medieval England (Ignore Prefix!)

Lyraen

feelsmaster
Hello friends! I'm looking for a partner to RP the medieval period with me. I've just finished reading Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott and I'd forgotten how much I love medieval England. I would prefer to set RP around the time of the Crusades and the reign of King Richard the Lionheart and possibly his imprisonment in Austria because the social climate at that time has so much tension. I want it to be somewhat historically accurate, but because I'm not a scholar nor have I researched the period in detail you don't need to have perfect knowledge of it either-- just have some general knowledge about medieval England and if you don't know much about King Richard's reign, I can help you out with what general knowledge I have myself! I would love for romance to be involved, and I would prefer to play female in MxF. There are a few themes I think might be interesting to employ that go along with the time period:
  • Tension between the Normans and Saxons
  • Anti-Semitism
  • Corruption of the clergy and/or certain preceptories of the Knights Templar
  • Class divisions
  • Robin Hood (not really a theme but I would loveee doing something with this legend)
  • All the classic medieval tropes and such are also open for discussion
There's just so much that can be done with this period-- let me know with a PM or message below if you're interested and we can talk about a plot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back