• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Historical RP Ideas (Always Open)

SandraDeelightful

Look at me, I’m Sandra Dee

ABOUT ME

I've been role-playing for about a year and a half, and almost a year on this site. My favorite genre is history, and all of these plots are historical (though some do have some fantasy elements). I'll play anything from medieval to the 1960's. I am 19, and, due to personal reasons, I am not attending school. I am on most days from 9/10-12/1 CST. I don't have a post length requirement, but I'd prefer a decent sized paragraph, at least. But I can do multiple paragraphs. Just let me know your average post length and I'll match.

The Captain's Son

(1700's)

Lavinia Forester (my character) is the daughter of a naval commador. One night, she is kidnapped by pirates. While being held captive, she becomes friends with the captain's son, and soon they fall in love.

You'll Be My Queen

(Medieval)

Faye Coyle (my character) is a servant for the prince (your character). They were friends as children, as her mother was a servant before her. They have been in love for some time. When they confess their feelings, they begin a secret relationship. It is threatened when he becomes engaged.

Seven Year Itch

(1950's)

(Your Character) has been married for seven years and they have been slowly drifting apart. As his wife goes away for the summer, Jayne Morris (my character), moves into the apartement next to his. As time goes by, the two begin to fall for each other.

The Astronaut's Wife

(1960's)

Vivian (my character) is married to (your character). The Race to Space is on, trying to beat the Russian's to the moon. Vivian hates living in constant fear for her husband's safety. Now, they must try to make their marriage work.

Stage Mother

(1930's)

Florence Hardy (my character) is a famous actress, controlled by her mother. On her new movie, she meets a set worker (your character) and the two become good friends, and soon they fall in love. But Florence's mother thinks that she should be focusing on her work and the two begin to see each other secretly.

Beauty and the Beast

(Medieval)

Adele Babineaux (my character) goes to a dark castle to rescue her father. Upon finding out that is occupied by a beast (your character), who has a fowl temper, Adele offers to exchange her life for his. As time grows by, the beauty and the beast fall in love.

The Fortune Hunter

(1910's)

Lady Imogen George (my character) is the naive daughter of an earl. She meets a duke and they become close friends and they fall in love. But she doesn't know that he wants to marry her so he can save his home. When Imogen finds this out and seh feels betrayed and he has to prove his feelings for her.

Poor You

(1910's)

Margaux Buxton has had little time for other people's problem's, but after the death of her husband and loses her fortune, and the only one to take pity on her is her husband's brother. As time goes by, they begin to fall in love.

You'll Be My King

(Medieval)

Princess Elise (my character) goes into the villiage one day and runs into some trouble. She is saved by a man (your character) who is a peasant. She continues going out to meet him and the two soon fall in love. It goes wrong when Elise's parents find out and confine her to the castle.

The Refugee

(1910's)

Ekatarina 'Katya' Alexandrovna Pelevina (my character) has escaped Russia after the Revolution and goes to England. Her and her family are poor, a different life from the opulant one she used to live. She has known very little kindness since escaping and she meets one man (your character) who shows her kindness and the two become close friends, eventually falling in love.

Suffragette

(1910's)

Rosalind Atwell (my character) comes from an old fashioned family, yet she has more modern beliefs, fighting for women's rights. She meets a man (your character) who is as old fashioned as her family. They are immediately at odds with each other, but find they can't keep away until they end up falling in love.

A Heart Like A Stone

(1910s)

(Your Character) is a cold man. Everyone believes his heart is made of stone. When his father's friend and his wife die, he takes in their daughter, Madge Lytton (My Character). Her cheerful personality once her mourning is over, eventually wins him over.

The Unfit Princess

(1950s)

Roslyn Cobb (My Character) meets a man (Your Character). She later finds out that he is a prince. He has already fallen in love with her and she with him when she finds out. He proposes and she accepts. But the nation and his family disapproves and they have to find a way to be together.

From Paris

(1900s)

Juliette Compandeau (My Character) has just moved to the United States from Paris. She has immediately attracted man men due to her looks. Only one man (Your Character) has caught her attention and he thinks that Juliette would make a lovely heroine for his novel and gets to know her, eventually falling in love.

Cinderella

(Medieval)

Ella's (my character) parents have died, leaving her in the care of her evil stepmother and two step-sisters. She meets a prince (your character) while running errands for her "family." The only thing is, the prince is disguised as a peasant. The two grow closer and fall in love.

The Journalist

(1950s)

Sabrina Kent (my character) is the world's most famous actress. (Your character) is a journalist hired to get close to her so she can reveal all his secrets to him. When he learns of what a hard life she has really had, he feels bad for her and eventually falls in love with her. When she learns of what he is doing, she feels betrayed, like she has been all of her life. Now he must try to prove his love to her.

Heiress

(1910s)

Archie Colt was orphaned young and sent to live with his aunt, uncle and cousin, Viola Greene (my character). Upon returning from World War I, Archie finds oh his uncle plans on leaving everything to Viola. In order to get the money, he hires a friend of his (your character) to kill Viola. As time goes by, they grow closer and fall in love.

A Heart Divided

(1920's)

Rose Caretti (my character) is the daughter of a mob boss, though she is completely ignorant to the ways of the mob. She meets a man (your character) who is the son of a rival mob. Without knowing who the other is, they become close friends, and soon fall in love.

The King's Advisor

(Medieval)

Princess Evangeline (my character) has been friends with the son of her father's advisor (your character) since they were little and are now secretly in love. What Evangeline doesn't know, is that his father is planning on taking over the kingdom. One night, Evengeline is awoken from her sleep and arrested. He goes to see her every day and try to comfort her. When her execution is ordered, he must find a way to help her escape.

Cash For Class

(1870's)

Adelaide Findlay (my character) is the daughter of an American family who has been snubbed by new your society for being new money. Her parents have taken her to England in hopes of meeting a man with a title, in hopes of having the doors open. Adelaide meets a man (your character) who is the younger son of a duke, and they fall in love. However, his parents disapprove as she is an untitled American woman, and hers disapprove because he is the younger son and will not inherit a title.

A Hollywood Cinderella

(1920's)

Olympia Collins (my character) is the orphaned daughter of a famous film studio executive and a famed actress, and she has always dreamed of being an actress. Her mother died before her father and he remarried a woman who aspired for her daughters to be actresses. After her fathers death, she took control of her studio, and began putting her daughters into films, and making her daughter do odd jobs around the studio. While working at the studio, she meets one of the most famous actors in Hollywood (your character) and they begin to fall in love.

Between The States

(Civil War)

Daisy Howell (my character) would be a Southern Belle who is helping slaves escape to freedom. She finds a Union soldier wounded in battle (your character). She takes him back to her home and hides him, while nursing him back to health, and they fall in love.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Well modern time and rather then a prince you have a wealthy business man but happily ever after isn't as easily gotten in the movies.

hey! i would be interested in:

1. cinderella

2. the unfit princess - the only thing with this one is that i'm not very familiar with role playing in the 1950s

I like both Heiress and The Journalist, but I feel my knowledge about those time frames may be lacking too severely to play them out appropriately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back