• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Historical and Apocalpytic plots inside. Some with supernatural twists. Probably some others...just

The Nerevarine

Not Currently starting anymore rps

Hello all! I'm looking to get about two rps up right now, have a few ideas that I want to do, and am always open to some if you feel they fit the tone of what I have up. I'll be adding new ideas over time.

A bit about me first: I don't have any rules, I'm pretty lax. I typically don't curse in my writing, but i don't care if you do. I would say my writing is average. I wont be giving you any one liners, but I'm no pro when it comes to my skills. More importantly, the frequency of my posting can and will be erratic. I can be and often am as slow as once a week if i'm in a writing rut or busy with schoolwork, but my goal is to get a post every two days(trying to do once a day). In turn, I don't care much or how well you write or post(within reason). 

Most of my plots have a lot of action, and many usually include supernatural elements of some sort. I like a lot of historical settings, typically the early 1900's.

Here are some of my current ideas:

The Land of Gods

Historical, Fantasy, War, Multi-Character

The year is 1922. A private expedition is sent out on two ships to a previously unknown land. A diverse team of mercenaries, soldiers, archaeologists, and scientists work together to subdue this savage land. But the inhabitants will not go quietly. And darker things than the local tribes and kingdoms, this is not called The Land of Gods without reason.

The Void

Post-Apocalyptic, Dark, Supernatural, Multi-Character

A small settlement has managed to thrive in a harsh post apocalyptic world. But times lately have become rough, with increased dust storms and incursions by tribals killing and looting. But now a deadly disease has spread among the settlement's crops, brought in by the bad conditions. Soon the whole town may fall apart at it's seams. 

Their only hope is to send a small team out into what is known as The Void to find a cure, or some new way to survive. But the journey will be dangerous, they will face sandstorms, radiation, mutants, hostile tribals, cannibals, hunger, thirst, and exhaustion. But these are only the least of their worries, as many things far more dangerous and mysterious await in the Void. 

Into the Deep

Historical, Fantasy

In 1928, an American joint Scientific-Military expedition is sent to discover a hidden underwater civilization. Upon arrival to this fabled underwater civilization, they discover many marvels. But the city is on a fault line, and the arrival of the expedition just might create an unexpected rupture in their society, as they soon learn everyone has their own agenda.

The Way of the Dragon

Historical, War

In a fictional world, the year is 1869. The country is an island nation in chaos. Competing claims for power, combined with the arrival of the white men with their powerful weaponry has created a tense situation in the land. Two foreign officers from the Federated States arrive to help a regional warlord modernize his army. When war breaks out, they will be unlikely leaders for these men, in an unfamiliar country, fighting an unfamiliar war.

Red and White

Historical, War

In a fictional land, two peasants are forced into a factional army after a communist revolution topples the Monarchy. They could care less about reds or whites, and go through the war, changing sides whenever defeat is brought, just trying to survive.

I'm also open to other stories in this setting. let me know if you want to hear other plots for this, or have one yourself.

Out From the Walls

Post-Apocalyptic, Dark, Supernatural

Two unaware inhabitants of an advanced society ruled by a mysterious government have their world shattered when unknown forces come from outside the walls and kidnap them. Outside they are thrust into a world they never knew existed. A dark, dreary, destroyed world, filled with mutants, cannibals, radiation, and other dark forces, all to complete a mission they know nothing about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh. Oh, I like your mind, I do.  I'm ... semi-interested in some of your plots, but would you be open to tweaking anything or perhaps coming up with something historical we can both squeal like little dorks over?  I'm up for quite a bit of stuff from the 1900s-early 1950s.  I've never done anything re: Communists that got off the ground, but might be interested in giving that a go, and your underwater idea's pretty tempting.  The Land of Gods one's allllmost there for me. 

Archaeology in the 1920s/30s is always a draw for me, although I'm a little less for things similar to Lovecraft than I am things which are -slightly- lighter in tone.  (Not saying you're letting loose the Lovecraft, just a bit of a nod toward my preferences)

I'd love to try that Way of the Dragon plot, I've been studying the Boshin War recently, and I think it sounds rather similar. Are you still interested in that plot?

@CastoffCaptain I'm totally open to working with you on a plot. We can discuss in PM =). And yes some of my plots, especially stuff set in the 1920's have Lovecraft inspirations. What's interesting about Land of Gods is that I came up with the idea in my Archaeology class a few days ago, so most of the inspiration for that comes from Archaeology, as well as a recycled idea I had that took inspiration from Morrowind/Skyrim. The expedition itself takes a bit of inspiration from the latest King Kong movie and game that were set in the 1930s. Anyways Pm me and we can talk about what type of RP you want, as well as time period.

@Fog Fleet Captain It is indeed based off of the Boshin war, I also came up with this plot a few days ago in my Asia Since 1800 class at school. I can set up the OOC so we can discuss some stuff if you want to do it. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back