• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy High Fantasy Concept (Dragons Included) Partner Search!

GojiBean

Your resident irradiated Kaiju King
Roleplay Type(s)
Hoyo all!

So, I've got a high fantasy concept in mind for an RP. But, before I can turn it into an actual RP I need some partners as well as a few folks who might be willing to help me brainstorm and find the most fun way to actually bring it to life!

The Concept/Story:

There are three realms of existence with each being separated in what we might call their own dimensions.

- The Higher Plane, realm of the Gods.

- The Nether Plane, realm of the Demons.

- And the Mortal Plane, realm of mortals.

The Gods and Demons are antithesis of one another, but equally "divine." Neither can be killed in the traditional sense. Their physical bodies can be wounded and destroyed. But their essence is eternal and will eventually manifest in a new form if their old one is destroyed for any reason.

Obviously, our characters must all be from the Mortal Plane as playing a God or Demon is too open to abuse and God-Modding (trust me, I've seen it time and time again despite all rules and warnings against doing so).

Now, about the Dragons.

The Dragons are sentient, and can take to both humanoid and Dragon forms. In their Dragon form they communicate with other mortal creatures via telepathy since their mouths aren't suited to humanoid speech. All Dragons are unique. But among their variations of species there are a few standouts:

Aquatic Dragons have gills in addition to lungs, so they can breathe underwater, and are the fastest aquatic creatures thanks to naturally aqua-dynamic body shapes and their scales/fins aiding their propulsion. They also can use water magic to propel themselves faster as well as reduce their body's water resistance by manipulating the water closest to them.

Fossorial Dragons (those which live most of their lives underground) have hardened scales and are physically the toughest of all Dragon species and can take the most hits before being damaged ("skin/hide like diamond" is a phrase coined because of them).

All Dragons capable of flight have lighter bones and are thus more physically frail, but are by far the fastest aerial creatures alive. If you've seen How to Train Your Dragon, remember how fast Toothless was? Basically that. They're the medieval fantasy version of fighter jets, basically.

Serpentine Dragons, aka those lacking wings as well as lacking arms/legs, are the fastest terrestrial Dragons. They are also among the most physically powerful due to their body's evolution concentrating all of their muscle into one long torso instead of distributing it between a torso and other external limbs. They're only beaten in raw strength by one species of Dragon which we'll get to shortly.

Elemental Dragons are those born with control over a particular element such as fire, water, wind, electricity, or earth. Each Dragon is born with only one element. But they wield it with lethal efficiency.

Brute Dragons are both the largest and the most physically powerful of all Dragons. At their smallest (when full-grown) they're the size of a 5-story building. The largest ever known to have existed was the size of a literal mountain, being nearly 800 feet in height at the shoulder while walking on all fours and just over 2 miles in length from nose to tail. Due to their sheer size they lack wings, and also lack any elemental abilities. But for the most part, they don't need either.

In their humanoid forms the Dragons also lose most of their Draconic features save for a few sparse scales which often are retained on the shoulders, hips, and sometimes in various regions around the face. Female Dragons will also retain their tail while in humanoid form while the males do not.

The history of their species is clouded by a longstanding war with humanoids which lasted for millennia due to the humanoids viewing them as dangerous monsters instead of intelligent and reasonable beings. As such, they have long since isolated themselves on the central continent of the world which has come to be known to the humanoids as the Dragon's Maw (the Dragons do not recognize or acknowledge this naming convention of their homeland and will react harshly if you call it that in front of them). They defend this continent's oceanic territory with intense ferocity. As a result, no mortal has so much as been able to dock a ship on its shores in over 400 years.

Over time much information about the Dragons has been lost. But a few tidbits remain common knowledge. First is that the Dragons are notoriously stubborn creatures. Once they've made up their minds about something it's all but impossible to change them. Second is that the Dragons swore to isolation, meaning the humanoids don't even know if they're aware of what's coming or if they'd take action even if they did know.

So, given all this info what's going to happen in this RP?

Well, it's a fairly typical story about trying to stop an impending apocalypse.

The Gods and Demons have been at war since time immemorial. But lately the King of Demons has set his sights on the Mortal Plane which is supposed to be neutral and not part of their conflict. With humans and certain other races being particularly susceptible to the negative influence of Demonic energy he feels they would make ideal puppets against the Gods, as they view humanoids as their children (in a manner of speaking, more on that later if I get any interest in this idea).

To test his idea he's begun having hordes of his Demonic followers use magic to weaken the Barrier Between Realms allowing the negative energy of the Nether Plane to seep into the Mortal Plane and corrupt those most sensitive to it. And the idea has seen great success. Humans especially are vulnerable to this due to the nature of the human condition, along with other races with similar conditions of greed/selfishness such as dwarves, goblins/orcs, etc. Elves and several other races like the merfolk, nymphs, faeries, and others are highly resistant to the Demonic energy. But resistant does not mean "immune."

The idea is sound, and the King of Demons is now convinced that breaking down the Barrier Between Realms and invading the Mortal Plane is going to be key to the Demons finally defeating the Gods.

The Mortal Plane has caught wind of this thanks to whispering from the Gods to the races most sensitive to Divine energy (such as faeries, nymphs, the high elves specifically (other elven species/races aren't as sensitive and haven't heard these whispers), etc). As such, they all know what's coming. And they also know that without the help of the Dragons they're likely going to fall prey to the schemes of the King of Demons.

Why?

Two reasons:

1) The Dragon race was created by the Dragon Goddess Sil'Eph Niir who is a bit of a unicorn amongst the Gods in that since Her Awakening (the moment She as a Goddess became conscious of Her own existence) She has been immune to Demonic energy (there are a few other Gods/Goddesses who are also immune). As such, having created the Dragons from Her own essence they are also immune, meaning they cannot be corrupted by said energy like the humanoid races can.

2) The Dragon race is vastly more powerful than any humanoid race could ever be in terms of their raw physical strength (largely due to their size) and their magical potential (which eclipses even the High Elves who have the greatest magical potential of any humanoid race).

Without the Dragons, the humanoid races have no hope of survival or victory in this impending war for their plane of existence. The Demonic forces and their corruptive dark energies are too powerful. Especially if the Barrier Between Realms breaks down completely. They need the Dragons. But it's not as simple as walking up to their door step and asking them to play along.

And... That's where I'm at.

I have most of the story down. And I know for sure that I want to include a throng of playable races for folks to choose from, as well as a deep (but still simple) magic system for those who like using magic in fantasy settings.

Where I'm stuck at, and where I need some assistance via brainstorming, is how we want to structure the relationships between the humanoid races, and how easily we want the Dragons to be convinced (or not) to help out. Like I said, they're stubborn creatures. Maybe they'll fight. Maybe they won't. Since they're immune to Demonic energy it's entirely possible that they'll remain safe and unbothered on their continent while the humanoids are all corrupted and taken to the Nether Plane to become puppets of the Demons against the Gods. With the hatred the Dragons hold against the humanoids, it's not out of the realm of imagination that this would be the case.

The initial idea I had was for a tense and uneasy truce to be called between humanoids wherein which each race would choose their representatives (our characters) to travel to the Dragon's Maw and attempt negotiations with the Dragon race. Since this is such a dangerous venture, given how fiercely the Dragons defend the waters of their territory from outside incursion, they can't ask just anyone. They had to put the word out asking for volunteers. ANYONE who fancied themselves strong enough, brave enough, diplomatic enough, etc, and who thought they could do something to help this venture succeed. Because of the urgency of the situation the humanoid races cannot afford to be picky.

This is how I had planned to keep the RP open to any playable race and any conceivable background/lifestyle so that everyone is free to create the characters they really want to play and still have a place in the RP's story without any worry of being too much of a "fish out of water."
There's literally no such thing, here. Be whatever you want!

Now, there are a few rules I had in mind for the RP, most of which are your standard run of the mill rules.

1) No God-Modding, Metagaming, or Power Playing.
2) Respect your fellow role players, and don't cause any drama either IC (unless it's planned out and approved by all parties, including me as the GM) or OOC.
3) If you have questions, ask me. Please do not assume you can do whatever you want just because I've encouraged such open creativity with characters. There is a set lore and worldbuilding rules to abide by.
I would appreciate if anyone willing to participate could try their best to be active and post at least two to three times per week. If your max is twice, that's cool. If you can't commit to at least two per week, please don't join this one. I want this RP to move relatively quickly compared to my usually more laid-back experiences.

I don't care about post length, but I do care about the quality of your writing.

Therefore, if you can't immediately identify, define, and most importantly to know how to utilize all of the following terms, then this probably isn't the RP for you:

- The difference between an Antagonist and a Villain
- Characterization
- Conflict
- Dramatic Irony
- Exposition
- Figurative Language
- The difference between a Flat, Round, Positive and Negative character
- Foreshadowing
- Imagery
- The literary meaning of Irony (the literary meaning is different from the regular day life meaning)
- Metaphor
- Motif
- Personification
- The difference between Plot and Story (they are NOT the same thing)
- Protagonist
- Rising Action and Falling Action
- Setup and Payoff
- Subplot
- Subtext
- Theme
- Tone

With that all in mind, if you're interested in this idea and don't have a problem with the above list of terms then I'd love to hear from you!!

If you have ideas for how the humanoid relationships should work, such as being typical Tolkein-esque with dwarves and elves hating each other and humans basically being selfish dicks to everyone, let me know! If you have ideas for other Dragon types, let me know! If you have ideas for any plot/story beats or mechanics which could be added to enhance the lore/worldbuilding, let me know!

If we can get the right people and all the right ideas and discussion going we can get this RP started sometime soon (though, likely not until next week at the earliest because full-time jobs are a thing)!

Cheers!

- GojiBean

I am free 24/7 to discuss ideas with you, I am not one to get heartbroken so if my ideas aren't well received well move on and I'll submit more. Regardless if I can't help too much with world building (I'll try), I can roleplay at the least if you'll have me.

Def interested!

Ditto, though this would be my first time plotting with a group. I have plotted for 1x1s before and I have a couple of ideas in mind for this concept, but I understand if you would rather have more experienced players helping. I am curious to see how your roleplay goes regardless.

How many people are you looking for?

Your concept is truly intriguing. After going through your details, several questions sparked in my mind. To proceed, it seems essential to carefully map out the vivid imagery you envision. Once that foundation is laid, the next steps would involve a systematic section-by-section expansion of the world, establishing its rules and intricacies. Crafting user-friendly lore pages and a comprehensive glossary for players to follow.

While my current commitments might prevent me from being an active participant, I'd be thrilled to contribute to the lore and world-building aspects of this project. The prospect of creating a rich, immersive world is indeed an exciting venture!

One of my first questions would be about when the truce happened. Even if the details aren't set, knowing when it happened is crucial to understanding how things are now. This is especially important because humans don't live as long, so events from only 50 years ago might mean less to them while elves and dwarves would recall in great detail.

Geography and Regions

Dragon's Maw Continent

• Are there diverse landscapes, ranging from icy tundras to lush jungles, within the Dragon's Maw continent?
  • Do specific regions of the continent have unique features, such as ancient forests, towering mountains, or mystical valleys?
Distinct Regions in the Mortal Plane
  • Are there separate regions with varying climates, ecosystems, and magical properties across the Mortal Plane?
  • How do these regions impact the lifestyles, traditions, and resources of the inhabitants?
Cities and Landmarks

Major Cities

• Do major cities in the Mortal Plane represent different races or species, each with its distinct architectural style and culture? (DnD melting pot or Tolkien we keep mostly to our own kind?)
  • Are there neutral cities where diverse races coexist, fostering trade and cultural exchange?
Landmarks and Structures
  • Are there ancient ruins or monuments scattered across the world, each holding historical or magical significance?
  • Do some structures serve as magical nexuses, influencing the surrounding areas with unique energies?
Technology(?) and Advancements

Technological Diversity

• Does the Mortal Plane exhibit a diverse range of technologies, incorporating both medieval and magical elements?
  • How has magical advancement influenced everyday life, trade, and warfare?
Magical Weapons
  • Were magical weapons developed during the war, and how have they shaped the current state of conflicts and diplomacy?
  • Are there legendary artifacts from the war that still have a profound impact on the world?

Magic System

Schools and Types

• How do different schools or types of magic manifest in the world? Are they linked to specific regions or races?
  • Are there forbidden or taboo forms of magic, and what consequences come with practicing them?
Limitations and Consequences
  • What limits the use of magic? Is there a finite source, or does it rely on the user's stamina and skill?
  • How do the consequences of magic use affect both individuals and the environment?
External vs. Internal Magic
  • Is magic drawn from external forces, such as ley lines or celestial bodies, or is it an innate power within individuals?
  • How does the source of magic impact its availability and reliability?
Economy and Resources

Trade Dynamics

• How do different races or factions engage in trade, and what resources are in high demand?
  • Are there trade routes that traverse the diverse regions, connecting disparate cultures?
Significant Resources
  • Do rare or magical resources play a crucial role in the economy? How do factions compete for control over these resources?
  • Are there neutral territories where resource-rich zones are contested by various factions

Government Forms
  • What forms of government exist in different regions or societies? Monarchies, councils, or something entirely unique?
  • How do political systems adapt to the presence of multiple races and magical influences?
Hierarchies and Structures
  • How do social hierarchies impact the distribution of power and resources among different races and classes?
  • Are there factions that challenge traditional structures, leading to social or political upheavals?

Languages and Communication

Diverse Languages

• Are there distinct languages spoken by various races or regions, and do some races have a universal tongue for diplomacy?
  • How have magical means or artifacts facilitated communication between different cultures?
Religions and Beliefs
Religious Diversity
  • What religions or belief systems exist, and how do they coexist or clash in the Mortal Plane?
  • How do beliefs shape moral values, societal norms, and interpersonal relationships?

Perks of Religion

• In a world with a clear Heaven and Hell, do practicing religions provide tangible benefits or perks?
  • How do religious institutions influence politics, wars, or alliances between factions?

Well, I don't really have any ideas on how to enhance the roleplay, but I'm definitely interested once it gets kicking.

Hoyo!

Wow. I didn't expect to see interest in this idea so soon! Lol.

So, to address the comments in order! (Also I just woke up so if there are typos I apologize ahead of time, 😅)

I am free 24/7 to discuss ideas with you, I am not one to get heartbroken so if my ideas aren't well received well move on and I'll submit more. Regardless if I can't help too much with world building (I'll try), I can roleplay at the least if you'll have me.

Def interested!

Thank ya kindly!

I'd love to hear any ideas you have, so feel free to share them with me either here or in a DM!

Ditto, though this would be my first time plotting with a group. I have plotted for 1x1s before and I have a couple of ideas in mind for this concept, but I understand if you would rather have more experienced players helping. I am curious to see how your roleplay goes regardless.

How many people are you looking for?

Hoyo!

I'm totally fine with someone experiencing their first Group RP here with me. I've been a GM for a looooooong time and have done my fair share of mentoring when and where necessary. So if you ever need any help with anything from character creation to figuring out how to put together your next post once the RP starts, hit me up!

I'm looking for anywhere between 2-4 people. So, technically, we already have what I'm looking for in those who've responded already. Lol.

Your concept is truly intriguing. After going through your details, several questions sparked in my mind. To proceed, it seems essential to carefully map out the vivid imagery you envision. Once that foundation is laid, the next steps would involve a systematic section-by-section expansion of the world, establishing its rules and intricacies. Crafting user-friendly lore pages and a comprehensive glossary for players to follow.

While my current commitments might prevent me from being an active participant, I'd be thrilled to contribute to the lore and world-building aspects of this project. The prospect of creating a rich, immersive world is indeed an exciting venture!

One of my first questions would be about when the truce happened. Even if the details aren't set, knowing when it happened is crucial to understanding how things are now. This is especially important because humans don't live as long, so events from only 50 years ago might mean less to them while elves and dwarves would recall in great detail.

Geography and Regions

Dragon's Maw Continent
  • Are there diverse landscapes, ranging from icy tundras to lush jungles, within the Dragon's Maw continent?
  • Do specific regions of the continent have unique features, such as ancient forests, towering mountains, or mystical valleys?
Distinct Regions in the Mortal Plane
  • Are there separate regions with varying climates, ecosystems, and magical properties across the Mortal Plane?
  • How do these regions impact the lifestyles, traditions, and resources of the inhabitants?
Cities and Landmarks

Major Cities

• Do major cities in the Mortal Plane represent different races or species, each with its distinct architectural style and culture? (DnD melting pot or Tolkien we keep mostly to our own kind?)
  • Are there neutral cities where diverse races coexist, fostering trade and cultural exchange?
Landmarks and Structures
  • Are there ancient ruins or monuments scattered across the world, each holding historical or magical significance?
  • Do some structures serve as magical nexuses, influencing the surrounding areas with unique energies?
Technology(?) and Advancements

Technological Diversity

• Does the Mortal Plane exhibit a diverse range of technologies, incorporating both medieval and magical elements?
  • How has magical advancement influenced everyday life, trade, and warfare?
Magical Weapons
  • Were magical weapons developed during the war, and how have they shaped the current state of conflicts and diplomacy?
  • Are there legendary artifacts from the war that still have a profound impact on the world?

Magic System

Schools and Types

• How do different schools or types of magic manifest in the world? Are they linked to specific regions or races?
  • Are there forbidden or taboo forms of magic, and what consequences come with practicing them?
Limitations and Consequences
  • What limits the use of magic? Is there a finite source, or does it rely on the user's stamina and skill?
  • How do the consequences of magic use affect both individuals and the environment?
External vs. Internal Magic
  • Is magic drawn from external forces, such as ley lines or celestial bodies, or is it an innate power within individuals?
  • How does the source of magic impact its availability and reliability?
Economy and Resources

Trade Dynamics

• How do different races or factions engage in trade, and what resources are in high demand?
  • Are there trade routes that traverse the diverse regions, connecting disparate cultures?
Significant Resources
  • Do rare or magical resources play a crucial role in the economy? How do factions compete for control over these resources?
  • Are there neutral territories where resource-rich zones are contested by various factions

Government Forms
  • What forms of government exist in different regions or societies? Monarchies, councils, or something entirely unique?
  • How do political systems adapt to the presence of multiple races and magical influences?
Hierarchies and Structures
  • How do social hierarchies impact the distribution of power and resources among different races and classes?
  • Are there factions that challenge traditional structures, leading to social or political upheavals?

Languages and Communication

Diverse Languages

• Are there distinct languages spoken by various races or regions, and do some races have a universal tongue for diplomacy?
  • How have magical means or artifacts facilitated communication between different cultures?
Religions and Beliefs
Religious Diversity
  • What religions or belief systems exist, and how do they coexist or clash in the Mortal Plane?
  • How do beliefs shape moral values, societal norms, and interpersonal relationships?

Perks of Religion
  • In a world with a clear Heaven and Hell, do practicing religions provide tangible benefits or perks?
  • How do religious institutions influence politics, wars, or alliances between factions?

Hoyo Manic!

Goodness. I've known about your detailed responses. But I didn't expect one to pop up in one of my threads. XD

Anywhoosle, let's see what I can and cannot answer at the moment and we can absolutely brainstorm what the RP is lacking!

I do have a world map in mind for the RP, complete with countries names and their borders drawn in by yours truly with a legend for which colors represent which races. It makes more sense when you see it. And, if any questions about the map arise, I'll be happy to share more info! I'll provide the map in an appropriate lore page, of which there will be several. As always, when the lore pages go up if you see anything that's obviously missing or which might warrant further explanation feel free to point them out to me for discussion!

• See "My Answers"

PHEW!!!

Well, that took me a while. I wasn't awake enough for a lot of this so if anything didn't make sense I blame it on my sleepiness. Lol.

Thanks again everyone so much for checking in with this RP idea!

I'll try to get to work on the OOC and Lore pages today so we can chat more about it and so you can see a more thorough display of worldbuilding information and other important deets you'll need to conceptualize your characters!

Cheers!

- GojiBean

Thank ya kindly!

I'd love to hear any ideas you have, so feel free to share them with me either here or in a DM!

Awesome, I love working on lore, let me brainstorm some stuff and I'll hit you in the dm's

After thoroughly reviewing the content, I've developed some ideas inspired by the concepts. I appreciate your understanding that constructive input is welcome. Please feel free to redirect my focus as needed. The challenges with the map art, while unfortunate, it does provide an opportunity to refine your vision. If any of these ideas below resonate with you, kindly guide me on where to concentrate my efforts, and I'll promptly get to work. I decided to put this all here as to not clutter up your beautiful new OOC area. Plus, I figure as other worldbuilders on-board, they may want to see what ideas are being covered.

Naming Ideas for the War:​

• Dracoquell War
  • Clash of the Claws
  • Draconic Confluence
  • The Dragon War

The Elves of Eldertree: A Tale of Devastation and Scarcity​

Standard Elves: Guardians of Eldertree​

• The Standard Elves, also known as the Elves of Eldertree, were the venerable guardians of the sacred Eldertree Forest. Their existence was intertwined with the natural magic flowing through the ancient forest, creating a harmonious relationship between elves and the enchanted land.
  • Tragedy struck as enemies, driven by a relentless desire to exterminate elvenkind, descended upon Eldertree with an unquenchable thirst for revenge. The once-verdant forest, a sanctuary of life, became a battleground for survival. The dragons, wielding their destructive power, unleashed havoc upon Eldertree, leaving behind smoldering ruins. The Eldertree itself, once symbolizing life and abundance, lay shattered and lifeless. Standard Elves valiantly defended their homeland, but the devastation scarred both land and people. The land now stands abandoned. Where parts of the land have been retaken by the now haunting silver barked trees the forest now remains silenced.

Dark Elves: Scattered Tunnels and Underground Networks​

• In the aftermath of the Dragon Wars, the Dark Elves, sought refuge in scattered tunnels across the world. With a subterranean existence, they utilized bioluminescent flora and Luxionite: The Amplifying Crystal to create illuminated havens in the depths. Luxionite, a mystical crystal, amplified and harnessed magical energies, providing both light and profit to the Dark Elves.
  • Formidable sorcerers, the Dark Elves built their communities around these crystals, creating a network of interconnected tunnels. The crystals, embedded in cavern walls, emitted a soft glow, casting an ethereal ambiance. The scattered tunnels became a testament to Dark Elven resilience and adaptation to a world.

High Elves: Arcane Mastery and Retreat​

• High Elves, the rarest among their kin, once stewarded arcane knowledge and magic from their hidden sanctuaries in the Spire Mountains. Their mastery of magical arts, characterized by silvery hair and slender forms, shaped history. However, their exceptional magical potential became a curse during the Dragon Wars, leading to persecution and extinction fears.
  • Retreating into seclusion, High Elves abandoned their home lands and realms. Now their dwindling sanctuaries protected by powerful enchantments. Today, they remain a mysterious and reclusive race, their once-majestic presence dwindling into near myth.

The Sundering of Eldertree: Devastation Unveiled​

• The Eldertree Forest, once a bastion of natural magic and elven heritage, faced devastation during the Dragon Wars. Dragons, driven by vengeance, sought to exterminate elvenkind. The Eldertree, the heart of elven existence, shattered under the onslaught. Standard Elves fought valiantly, but the scars of war ran deep.

The Scarcity of Elves: A Fading Legacy​

• The Dragon Wars exacted a heavy toll on elven populations. Standard Elves, once numerous, faced a precipitous decline. Vibrant communities turned into scattered enclaves, struggling amidst ruins. The loss of Eldertree's magic diminished their apparent unending longevity and severed their connection to magical currents fed by leylines that fed the Eldertree.
  • In hidden sanctuaries and struggling in foreign cities, survivors grappled with the aftermath, their cities echoing silence. Elves, now scarce, embodied resilience, carrying the weight of history. As the truce unfolded, they became a beacon of hope and wisdom, striving to rebuild fractured communities and ensure the enduring legacy of Elvenkind in a changing world.

Luxionite: The Amplifying Crystal​

Prized:​

• Hidden in deep caverns and mines, luxionite is an exceedingly rare resource, coveted by magic users across the realms. Dark Elves, Fossorial Dragons, and Dwarves, dwelling underground, are known to possess majority access to both Luxionite and Armagia, adorning their tunnels with radiant Luxionite lanterns.

Attunement Process:​

• The process of attuning to luxionite is deceptively simple. Individuals blessed with mana capabilities inhale the radiant purple hues emanating from the crystal. This amplification persists only as long as the mage can maintain the enchanted breath. While exhaling doesn't lead to a complete loss, the potency rapidly dwindles after just a few breaths. Unseasoned mages, enticed by the simplicity of luxionite's usage during wars, often confronted its negative consequences, underestimating the profound effects of its amplification. The seemingly uncomplicated process belies the intricate nature of harnessing Luxionite's power, catching many unprepared practitioners off guard.
  • Luxionite is used in the beginning process of mastering magic in tiny doses to prevent new mages from doing anything too destructive but assist them in finding their specialty.

Limitations:​

• Luxionite's enhancement of magic is impartial to benevolent or malevolent forces. Mages wielding luxionite must exercise caution to prevent unintended consequences or an overwhelming surge of power.
  • How long can you hold your breath? Time can be such a b****.

Harvesting Challenges:​

• Extracting luxionite is a delicate endeavor, demanding precision to avoid disrupting the crystal's magical essence. Skilled miners, often accompanied by mages, carefully extract luxionite to preserve its amplifying properties.

Trade and Commerce:​

• Luxionite trade forms a lucrative industry, attracting powerful mages in search of high-quality crystals. Cities blessed with abundant luxionite mines emerge as vital hubs for magical research, education, and commerce, shaping the destiny of realms intertwined with this enchanted resource.

Forbidden Weapons of Mass Destruction From the War:​

• Eclipse Blade: A colossal sword forged from the essence of a dark star. Swinging the blade creates a zone of absolute darkness, draining the life force from any living being caught within its shadow.
  • Pandemonium Casket: An ancient chest containing imprisoned chaotic entities.(Demons???) When opened, the entities are unleashed, causing pandemonium and destruction on a massive scale, with reality itself warping in the wake of their release.
  • Disruptor: (needs a way cooler name) An artifact designed to disrupt the natural balance of magic in an area. When activated, it causes wild and uncontrollable surges of magical energy, leading to unpredictable and catastrophic results.
  • Infernal Eclipsar: A staff that, when raised towards the sky during a solar eclipse, can channel the dark energies of the celestial event. The unleashed power manifests as a devastating magical wave, corrupting and annihilating all in its path.
Magical Landmarks

The Crystal Cascade:
  • A breathtaking waterfall that descends from a cliff made of pure crystal. The leylines here manifest in the flowing waters, creating a cascade that shimmers with magical brilliance. Those who approach can feel the resonance of the mana leylines, invigorating both body and spirit.

The Echoing Caverns:
  • Vast underground caverns where the leylines resonate in harmonious echoes. The walls seem to hum with magical vibrations, and the air is charged with a gentle, soothing energy. These caverns are a refuge for those seeking to attune themselves to the underlying rhythms of the world.

The Frostspire Summit:
  • A towering peak perpetually covered in ice and snow. The leylines here are attuned to the elemental forces of frost and cold. Ice mages pilgrimage to this summit to draw power from the leylines, turning the area into a frozen testament to the magic of the north. *Totally Elsa’s Castle up there.

The Resonant Oasis:
  • An oasis in the midst of a vast desert, where the leylines converge to create a pool of pure clear water. The water is said to have healing properties, and the oasis serves as a sanctuary for travelers and mages seeking rejuvenation.

The Silent Sands:
  • A vast desert where the winds carry the echoes of long-forgotten battles. The mana in the Silent Sands was siphoned off during the wars, leaving behind a landscape of shifting dunes and eerie, unnatural stillness. No plant or creature has managed to reclaim this desiccated expanse.

The Crystalline Scar:
  • A once-lush forest now reduced to a landscape of crystalline shards. The mana was so thoroughly drained that the remaining magical residue crystallized the vegetation. The ground is treacherous, with sharp crystalline growths piercing the scarred land.

Hoyo!

I'm totally fine with someone experiencing their first Group RP here with me. I've been a GM for a looooooong time and have done my fair share of mentoring when and where necessary. So if you ever need any help with anything from character creation to figuring out how to put together your next post once the RP starts, hit me up!

I'm looking for anywhere between 2-4 people. So, technically, we already have what I'm looking for in those who've responded already. Lol.

Indeed. It's not that I haven't joined group RPs before, it's just that I haven't been directly involved with worldbuilding for any of them lol. You won't have to worry much about me, I just don't want to be holding onto a spot if a more creative writer in tune with your vision is also interested.

Either way, thank you for considering me so far! I'll pop into OOC with ideas for the tribal races at some point, and I definitely want to see if I can piggyback off of ManicMuse's musings as well. However, I wanted to put some questions here first since I don't know how relevant they would be to what you're looking for. Some of them venture into territory you probably already have planned out and the answers might be better unsaid at the moment to avoid meta-gaming, so just let me know if I'm overstepping any boundaries here lol.

Since trade is difficult in some areas due to high tensions, would there also be a higher incentive for piracy and contraband there?

- Would it be faster to smuggle goods through enemy territory unnoticed or would it usually be a high-risk, low-reward situation?​

If dragons are immune to demonic influence, strong enough to go toe to toe with demons and have a burning hatred for humanoids, are there any objective incentives for dragons to help save the humanoid races from corruption? If the barrier is broken completely, would the demonic influence affect the continent's land itself or would the dragons' mana be enough to keep their home thriving?

- On the chance dragons decide not to help at all, is there even a slim chance for the humanoid races to fight back?

- If the corruption gets bad enough to the point where a truce is no longer viable, would some dragons go as far as to strive for humanoid extinction? How would the dragon race as a whole feel about these extremists? What about the Dragon God?
The Gods would probably be heartbroken if the mortal plane fell, but in the grand scheme of things, is the mortal plane transferring into the nether plane a genuine threat to the Gods considering they can't die?

- Would the Demons want the gods to forfeit their essence or just their physical forms? If they're only after the bodies, then do the Demons intend to defend the heavens from any resurrecting gods?

- Do the Gods remember their creations once they reawaken?

- Is there anything other than the barrier keeping the Gods from directly intervening?

- Where did the barrier come from?​

How does stamina work, mechanics-wise?

Indeed. It's not that I haven't joined group RPs before, it's just that I haven't been directly involved with worldbuilding for any of them lol. You won't have to worry much about me, I just don't want to be holding onto a spot if a more creative writer in tune with your vision is also interested.

Either way, thank you for considering me so far! I'll pop into OOC with ideas for the tribal races at some point, and I definitely want to see if I can piggyback off of ManicMuse's musings as well. However, I wanted to put some questions here first since I don't know how relevant they would be to what you're looking for. Some of them venture into territory you probably already have planned out and the answers might be better unsaid at the moment to avoid meta-gaming, so just let me know if I'm overstepping any boundaries here lol.

Since trade is difficult in some areas due to high tensions, would there also be a higher incentive for piracy and contraband there?

- Would it be faster to smuggle goods through enemy territory unnoticed or would it usually be a high-risk, low-reward situation?​

If dragons are immune to demonic influence, strong enough to go toe to toe with demons and have a burning hatred for humanoids, are there any objective incentives for dragons to help save the humanoid races from corruption? If the barrier is broken completely, would the demonic influence affect the continent's land itself or would the dragons' mana be enough to keep their home thriving?

- On the chance dragons decide not to help at all, is there even a slim chance for the humanoid races to fight back?​
- If the corruption gets bad enough to the point where a truce is no longer viable, would some dragons go as far as to strive for humanoid extinction? How would the dragon race as a whole feel about these extremists? What about the Dragon God?​
The Gods would probably be heartbroken if the mortal plane fell, but in the grand scheme of things, is the mortal plane transferring into the nether plane a genuine threat to the Gods considering they can't die?

- Would the Demons want the gods to forfeit their essence or just their physical forms? If they're only after the bodies, then do the Demons intend to defend the heavens from any resurrecting gods?​
- Do the Gods remember their creations once they reawaken?​
- Is there anything other than the barrier keeping the Gods from directly intervening?​
- Where did the barrier come from?​

How does stamina work, mechanics-wise?

Hoyo!

I'm happy to answer those questions!

1) Since trade is difficult in some areas due to high tensions, would there also be a higher incentive for piracy and contraband there?

Yes. Circumventing restrictive circumstances is always going to lead to piracy/contraband movements and chains. In areas with heavy socio-political tension where trade is tight or non-existent, you can bet there's an underground black market for the goods they're missing out on.

2) If dragons are immune to demonic influence, strong enough to go toe to toe with demons and have a burning hatred for humanoids, are there any objective incentives for dragons to help save the humanoid races from corruption? If the barrier is broken completely, would the demonic influence affect the continent's land itself or would the dragons' mana be enough to keep their home thriving?

Good questions. At present, there's no objective incentive for the Dragons to help the humanoids since it's the humanoids, specifically, that the Demons want. And as far as anyone knows the King of Demons wants to use them against the Gods, meaning whether or not he would bother trying to destroy or in any way violate the Mortal Plane itself is open to speculation.

The corruptive nature of the Demon's energy isn't one which affects the world itself. It's a miasma of sorts which, when absorbed by the humanoid body, will target and heighten all negative thoughts, emotions, desires, and tendencies and basically bring out the worst of the worst in each and every one of them. People who are otherwise very sweet, kind hearted, compassionate and empathetic would turn 180 degrees into vicious, hate-fueled, apathetic and murderous monsters in heart and mind. It doesn't change them into Demons or anything. But they may as well have become Demons in spirit, if you will.

Given this, any damage to the world itself would happen from the humanoid conflict with the Demons and the typical damages that war brings. But if that's all there is then the world has every chance to heal meaning the Dragons, so long as they're left alone, would likely never notice what was happening out in the world beyond their borders unless it came to their doorstep.

If the Dragons don't help, the humanoids are done. Why? I can't say as it would be spoilers. But there's a reason that recruiting the Dragons is seen as a must-accomplish objective for the humanoids right now. Also, this must be accomplished before the barrier goes down. Right now it's in the process of being weakened. So there's time. But not much of it.

As for the Dragon Goddess?... That would be spoilers as well.

3) The Gods would probably be heartbroken if the mortal plane fell, but in the grand scheme of things, is the mortal plane transferring into the nether plane a genuine threat to the Gods considering they can't die?

Yes, it is a genuine threat. I'll explain why in a moment.

First, the barrier.

The Barrier Between Realms is something which has existed since before the Gods and Demons Awoke. Who put it there is a mystery even to them. But they've always understood what it is and how it separates each Plane of existence. Whereas the Gods were happy to leave it like this and simply use their power to influence the creation of life in the Mortal Plane, the Demons have never been satisfied as it's in their nature to forever seek more power and pursue all things chaos. Thus, we have our conflict.

Back to the conflict itself.

While it's true that immortal beings cannot "die" in the same way mortals can, when their physical bodies are destroyed their essence is all that remains. You can think of their essence as the core of their spirit. The heart of who they are as Gods/Goddesses. While in this state they have no power and are not conscious. Over time, and if left undisturbed, their essence would draw upon the Heavenly energy of the Higher Plane until they gained enough power to Re-Awaken to a physical form and thus return to their former glory.

If the Demons are able to utilize the mortals against the Gods and prevail, the Gods' physical bodies will all be destroyed and their essences captured and transported to the Nether Realm. Once there, they may as well be dead. The Nether Realm does not contain Heavenly energy. Thus, the Gods would never be able to Re-Awaken to a physical form or regain their power.

Additionally, while this is not known to the characters in-world I may as well give you this tidbit as well. The only reason the Nether Realm isn't going to destroy the Mortal Plane outright is because they need the mortals against the Gods for this fight. If they prevail, they'll have no more use for the Mortal Plane and they'll be free to slaughter every last mortal and then destroy the Plane itself and claim full dominion over all that remains.

Now, for stamina.

Stamina is exactly as it is in real life. When you use magic it's akin to a stamina draining activity such as jogging/sprinting, doing martial arts, swimming, row boating, etc. The more magic you use the more it drains your stamina as if you just endured an intense workout for a sport.

Depending on how well conditioned the mage is, their body's stamina might drain before their Mana does. A mage who is physically exhausted to the point of not being able to move and fighting for consciousness might still have enough Mana to battle, but without the physical ability to get up or perform their incantation/kinetic/galdrar they're useless until they get their wind back enough to try.

If Mana runs out before stamina does, then the mage can still fight physically if they've been taught how to. Most Magical Schools will at least teach the bare basics of self defense. Those who train with a kinetic form of magical casting as their focus will learn martial arts and are inarguably the most physically capable mages out there. In fact there are those among their ranks who are capable enough in combat to not have to rely on their magic unless it's an extreme emergency.

So, there's room to find your sweet spot as a magic-using character if that's what you were concerned about! :D

Cheers!

Bump!

This idea is still open!

Lore is being worked on, and idea submissions are currently being read/considered/implemented!

If you wanna get in on this either just to contribute to the lore/worldbuilding, or to participate, come join us in the OOC Discussion Page or send me a DM!

Cheers!

- GojiBean

I wanted to toss my interest in for the future roleplay. I enjoyed Impossible Victory while it lasted and would like to rp with you again Goji. I'm not as good at world building, but I'll keep an eye on the pages and ask questions as they come.

I have to admit, your literary terms list is a bit much though. If I hadn't rped with you before, I'd assume you were a jerk. No offense.

I wanted to toss my interest in for the future roleplay. I enjoyed Impossible Victory while it lasted and would like to rp with you again Goji. I'm not as good at world building, but I'll keep an eye on the pages and ask questions as they come.

I have to admit, your literary terms list is a bit much though. If I hadn't rped with you before, I'd assume you were a jerk. No offense.

Lol.

No worries, Lost. Sorry I'm just now getting to this. It's been one helluva week for me with illness and other IRL drama happening around me.

Anywhoosle, I've gotten most of that garbage cleared up so I'm going to be more active this week.

And yeah. I can see what you mean by the list making me sound a bit jerkish. And, honestly, that was kinda the point. I like to be welcoming to newcomers and younger/less experienced roleplayers for most of my RP's. But this time around the RP is near and dear to my heart as a longstanding story obsession of mine, so I can't lower my standards for who I want to let in on this one. The list was basically my way of trying to, as nicely as possible, filter those who know how to write from those who do more casual roleplay and don't put as much thought into their content.

Cheers!

Lol.

No worries, Lost. Sorry I'm just now getting to this. It's been one helluva week for me with illness and other IRL drama happening around me.

Anywhoosle, I've gotten most of that garbage cleared up so I'm going to be more active this week.

And yeah. I can see what you mean by the list making me sound a bit jerkish. And, honestly, that was kinda the point. I like to be welcoming to newcomers and younger/less experienced roleplayers for most of my RP's. But this time around the RP is near and dear to my heart as a longstanding story obsession of mine, so I can't lower my standards for who I want to let in on this one. The list was basically my way of trying to, as nicely as possible, filter those who know how to write from those who do more casual roleplay and don't put as much thought into their content.

Cheers!
I hope you finish feeling better quickly! You have a great idea here: I'm glad you're opening it up for people to help with it. But take care of yourself first.

Also, asking for a written sample is more traditional, and probably more effective. Education and intelligence aren't always the same thing, you know?

This idea seems fantastic! (tho I am a sucker for any dragon/high fantasy literature. especially at the moment due to my personal writing project haha.) I'd be super keen on joining! and more than willing to help things along with brainstorming where I can! :bishiesparklesl: :bishiesparklesl:

Education and intelligence aren't always the same thing, you know?

Oooohhh, I'm very well aware and acquainted with this reality, sadly.

But some people don't take kindly to writing prompt requests. So, I settled for this. Lol

This idea seems fantastic! (tho I am a sucker for any dragon/high fantasy literature. especially at the moment due to my personal writing project haha.) I'd be super keen on joining! and more than willing to help things along with brainstorming where I can! :bishiesparklesl: :bishiesparklesl:

Hoyo!

In hindsight, I should have responded to you in the same message as I did Lost Echo. My bad.

Do as I say, not as I do! Lol.

Anywhoosle, I'm more than happy to welcome you to the RP! Go ahead and check the link for the OOC Discussion page and say "Hi" to the others who are lurking! There's a fair amount of info that's been shared there as well which isn't on the Lore Pages, so it'd be good for you to read through them to see what info has already been added. That way when you do brainstorming you don't accidentally suggest something that's already come up, ya know?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back