• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Hierachy (Dytopian)

Protocol

HIERARCHY
hierarchy.jpg
The great thing about the ranking system is that anyone can work their way up to the higher tiers.
Rank 24
Rank isn't just a number. It's a way of life.
Anonymous
The system keeps everyone honest. We are constantly striving for our best. We reap what we sow.
Rank 502

ConceptA dystopian world where everyone wears a metal cuff with a digital number on it. The number is their rank and it controls every aspect of their lives.

Setting

People's housing, food, education, etc. is based off their rank. Those with a better rank have better opportunities.

Cities are built in a circular pattern with five rings. The rings are labeled alphabetically, beginning with the center ring and moving outward.

A: Houses the elite, those with a ranking of 1 to 100.

B: Houses the the upper class, those ranking between 101 and 3,500.

C: Upper middle class with ranks between 3,501 and 5,000.

D: Middle class with ranks between 5,000 and 30,000.

E: Lower class with ranks between 30,001 and 50,000.

Each city only holds 50,000 people. Anyone whose rank exceeds 50,000 is thrown into the Wastelands beyond the city. People can move between cities, but their rank will need to be re-evaluated upon entrance.

Once a year is the Ranking, a week long event with tests and competitions to re-evaluate the population.

Children adopt their parent/guardian's rank until they are 12 years old and take the tests for the first time.

Rules

1. No God Modding

God mod is to take another player's character and control them.

2. No Autohit

Autohit is when one character hits another without given the other player a chance to retaliate. Ex: John twisted Andrew's neck, killing him, or John pulled Susan into a passionate kiss. A way to avoid this is to use the Attempt/Try rule instead. Ex: John attempted to break Andrew's neck or John pulled Susan close to kiss her passionately. This way the intended action is clear, but depends on the other players response.

3. No One Liners

This is a DETAILED RP that means I expect at least three paragraphs per post, preferably more.

4. No Mary Sues/Gary Stu

5. Post Often

Try to post at least once a day, if possible. If you aren't going to be available for more than a few days please notify me or mention it in the OOC.

6. No Metagaming

Metagaming is when a character uses out of character information that the character couldn't have know. For example one user posts and has their character hide in the barn. Another player can't simply have their character go straight to the barn to look for them. Please give IC reasons for a characters actions and don't use OOC information in the IC tab.

7. Be courteous.

Characters can be the biggest jerks IC, but keep the OOC friendly.

8. Follow RPN rules

You know them. Fade to black. Etc.

9. Respect Triggers

If anyone has a trigger, but would like to apply send me a pm. At the beginning of the RP I'll list what triggers are off limits. Anyone who breaks this rule will be automatically kicked out of the RP. However please keep in mind that this is a dark RP, so if you're looking for something fluffy this isn't the RP for you.

10. Be willing to plot OCC

RPs are more fun when everyone gets involved in the overall plot. However please discuss ideas OCC before adding anything game changing ex: mysterious murders, earth quakes, etc. And make sure that everyone is on board first

RP Guidelines
This is NOT first come, first serve.

I will be choosing players based off of their CS and writing sample. I'm looking for three dimensional, well developed characters. I may not accept a player because I feel that their writing style doesn't fit with the roleplay. This is not a reflection of your writing skill and please do not take it personally.

Roleplay Genre: Modern with possible futuristic elements

Type of Roleplay: Advanced Detailed

Player Limit: Six

Character Limit: Two per player. Additional characters may be allowed at a later time

Role Suggestions:

• Wasteland Leader
  • Rebel
  • Class A citizen ignorant to the suffering of others
  • Someone who has risen through the ranks
  • Class A citizen who wants things to stay EXACTLY AS THEY ARE
  • Ambitious Class B citizen
  • Judge
  • Someone just thrown into the wastelands
  • or whatever your pretty heart desires. These are only ideas to get the ball rolling.

Limits: Incest, age gaps involving a minor, death of children under two.

Triggers: If you have a trigger, but want to apply for the RP, PM me about it. At the beginning of the RP I'll state what triggers aren't allowed, but it will be anonymous. Anyone who breaks this rule is kicked out immediately. However this is a dark RP, so if you're looking for something fluffy you should find something else.

Let me know if anyone is interested

Last edited by a moderator:
Haereticus said:
I'm interested if it's not too late?
Still a little new to RP so I'll understand if that rules me out.
Nope. It isn't too late. I haven't made the thread yet, but I'll tag you when I do. Currently I'm trying to see how many people are even interested.

I really want to... i shouldn't but i really want to. What's the harm in trying?

Protocol said:
Yep. I'm not deciding until Monday. So you can submit a CS
Ah. More than six people submitting a CS, haha. Because I haven't posted my CS yet (and I won't until it's finished), lemme just tell you it's a person from the wastelands since... nobody has done it yet for some reason. Unless I missed a rule that says something like we're not allowed to have people in the wastelands.

Btw, what is a trigger?

DreamBeat said:
Ah. More than six people submitting a CS, haha. Because I haven't posted my CS yet (and I won't until it's finished), lemme just tell you it's a person from the wastelands since... nobody has done it yet for some reason. Unless I missed a rule that says something like we're not allowed to have people in the wastelands.
Btw, what is a trigger?
*shrug* only 4 people have submitted a CS so far and the RP is open for six. It is not a first come, first serve RP, anyway. I'm not limiting the number of people who can apply.

Someone from the wastelands would be awesome.

I'll send a pm to you to explain triggers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back