• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Hey, Where'd The Characters Go?

July 5th, 2015. Today, was the day. The day that gamers all over the world had been waiting for. Final Dynasty Quest, what looked to be the greatest RPG to ever hit the market was set to release. The trailers had been circulating for months, the combat looked extraordinary, the story engrossing, and the characters large, unique and diverse. Indeed, on the release day people were lined up by the thousands to obtain a copy, rushing home as soon as they picked up what was sure to be the game of the year, the century even. And, when the masses finally got their hands on the game... It was awful. At first, it had seem promising, the introductory cinematic were beautifully animated, but, when they actually game to the game-play, they would find their party empty devoid of even the main character.

As you would imagine, people were in an uproar. Boards were covered in complaints, among them there was the odd person claiming to have found a fix to the 'bug' but none of them ever turned out to any avail. Exum Entertainment, the company responsible for making the game, had no idea what had occurred, and found the issue persisted even with newly produced copies of the game. After a public apology, and a mass refund to those who had purchased the disappointment of a game, Exum soon faced closure, and the event soon faded into the obscurity of the internet.

But, as all of this occurred, something even odder seemed to be taking place. Truly, not everyone had face the bug that the masses had. Specifically, one employee of an obscure game store had decided to take a copy back home, and try out the game before release. Booting it up, he quickly found himself engrossed in the plot and setting, but as the sun creeped over the horizon he soon moved to shut it off, planning to finish it another day. But, as he leaned in to shut off the console, something strange occurred. The screen began to flash and buzz, erupting and a blinding flash of light and, as the light dimmed, the screen found itself robbed of characters. Not that he'd notice, as he was rather per-occupied with the assembly of men and women, who had been on the screen of his television only a moment ago, now standing in the middle of his living room. Indeed, the entire main cast of the game had seemingly been pulled from their world, and thrown into ours, specifically the living room of some poor chap, a tad too eager to try out the next big thing.

A Short Note:

If you haven't put it together yet, this is an RP about a cast of characters pulled from a video game, sort of like a reverse Sword Art Online. They don't have any of their magical spells or inhuman strength, and have to adapt to the modern world. Other than that, I feel it important to note that this will be primarily a fun, comedy RP, nothing too heavy in here, there may be one or two events related to the game for seriousness, but other than that this is just for fun.

Oh interest, wonderful wonderful interest~ Now, quick question, would you guys rather it whipped up some lore and stuff for the game, or would you rather make it up as you go along? Oh, and I forgot to mention this will probably be a Casual RP, there's a small chance I'll make it Detailed, but it's a comedy type thing so it's unlikely.

Organisation is always a good thing.

Also I am interested, and could see this being hilariously fun to RP in.

"Damn thee wench, I requested ale, what is this slop thou hast presented me with?!"

"Sir, that's a venti white mocha frappuccino with soy milk and a shot of espresso..."

"BEGONE WITH YOUR SPELLS!"

I am interested by this, seeing as though you have many wanting to join...I am willing to join as a normal human being who can aid in the misadventures of the characters.

Hey, pokemario, FTL opened, just letting you know if you wanna post. Sorry for hijacking your thread, person who wrote this thread.

For those interested, I'd just like to make a quick update saying I probably wont start this for around a week. Gonna be busy over the next few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back