Herotales: Divided Lines

"ER! SO! Ya ARE blind!" Misty gasped, feeling bad she was sorta judging him... This WAS her first time seeing a blind hero, after all.

She was now curious as to exactly what powers this boy had. 

"Sorreh 'bout that," Misty scratched her head and fumbled her apology, embarrassed. 

Shaking her head and quick judgement of the boy from herself, she took out the obligatory giant stack of forms required for G.S.U.N registration...and then frowned immediately as they promptly do him no good... 

She was SURE in her desk she had these forms in braille...

AH! There they were!

Very bottom of the bottom drawer of her desk.

"Er, d'ya need some help with these? They in braille n' all, but..." Misty began, glad he couldn't see how unsure she looked, how she sounded, however...

Thank goodness another hero walked in at the time, allowing Misty to politely end the conversation with Dante as she could now give Radiant her full attention.

"Howdy, Radiant! How was yer first day on th' job?" Misty asked him, giggling and rolling her eyes at the new hero, "Heh, ah knows ya joined yesterday, silleh. Ah 'members. Course ah members! Ah gots a memory lahk an elephant, ah do!"

@Legostrife

@Truthblade

"Uhmm... Yeah, I'm actually blind. It's okay, most are quick to judge." Dante assures the secretary, while dismissing the fact that she hands him a bunch of forms with dots everywhere.

As Dante blankly stares at the dots with severe concentration, he has trouble comprehending the supposed "vernacular" that is the language of dots. "CURSE... THESE... DAMNED... DOTS!!!" 

As Dante helplessly flails his fingers on the dots to understand their meaning, he suddenly hears the door open behind him as he feels the presence of someone beside him.

This doesn't distract him to the fact that this secretary gave him a metaphorical bubble wrap to play with. "Ma'am, all I see is dots... I may be blind, but I'm not stupid." Dante says with slight irritation, but knows it must've been an honest mistake... Right?

@Minako

Marksman

Health: Questionable                               /100%

Sanity:                                /50%(Default) Steady.

Another day, another target eliminated. Mark had been walking for some time. Surprisingly, The cops still have no clue it was him. They didn't follow him- they probably didn't even bat an eye.

And the heroes? They are just as unresponsive as ever. Seriously, He had just assassinated a reporter and killed another 3 civilians in his get-away, yet they did not arrive to the scene.

This was why they did not show up that night- when he lost everything.When those criminals robbed him of both his possessions and his family. those cowards...

And he was making this city safe. Now it may break some laws but...he felt that he could eradicate them. All of them...

First the criminals...then the reporters and detectives on his trail...then those un-caring 'heroes'.

He cringed at the thought of them. They gave these large speeches saying how they care, protect, and secure all of us.

Funny thing is...he looked up to the heroes as a kid. But when he finally needed them...they were nowhere in sight.

He would kill every criminal in sight, if not for his financial problem. For now, he is a hired assassin, and maybe a bit crazy. He had become the very thing he had hated in his youth; a Criminal, a Villain . But he had promised himself. Once he gains enough money to sustain himself, he would go through with his revenge.

A loud rumbling gave him a bit of a heart attack. He looked up to see a news helicopter flying overhead. They were reporting on the scene.

"At least the news is responsive..." He mumbled, kicking a can at his feet with his hands in his pockets. He continued to walk down the empty sidewalk with his head down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken Asters

As Ken would be finished with his ride he decided that it would be good to have a walk once in a while. After parking within the Scenic Grove Apartment Complex Garage, he would head on out for a nice walk. Walking past a store with some cvs on display, he would see the news about a reporter and 3 civilians getting assassinated. Seeing this bit of news made him wonder why a hero didn't hurry to the scene or even the police for that matter. Then he asked himself that a sort of similar question.

'Should I have been on the outlook for criminals instead of just driving around?'

Going for a drive was second nature to him but at the same time he decided that he would be one of those heroes that dedicated themselves to stop villains. Ever since he received that bracer on his arm, he had been questioning if he wanted to use it. It's not that he didn't want to; it was the complete opposite. It was his chance to become a real hero just like the driver that saved his life on that fateful day. Yet he had not ever had the chance to use that bracer at all even though it was given to him. He rolled up his sleeves to reveal the bracer only to pull down his sleeves again.

"Ah I'm not good with figuring these kinds of things out." Ken would keep on walking as he headed down the streets of LA.

[Open for interaction. @Panzer if you want to have some interaction.]

View attachment 242165

Marksman

Health: Questionable                               /99%

Mark looked up to the sky, his eyes squinting from the light of the sun.

He couldn't spot any Helicopters or recon aircraft. It was clear. like any day.

He chuckled, smiling with the sense of satisfaction. He actually got away with it.

Another job accomplished. Although this was not a request from another criminal or angry person - and he certainly didn't get much out of the job- The satisfaction of another problem solved was enough. That reporter had been getting on his nerves.

Mark had not been paying attention to the sidewalk, as he gazed into the sky. He ended up tripping on the can that he had been kicking earlier. He stumbled, struggling to regain his balance. Once he did, he proceeded to curse the can under his breath. He looked back at the can with an annoyed expression. He then kicked it into the street out of anger.

once he calmed, he felt around his tux pocket to make sure he still had his items. To his horror, they were missing.A feeling of dread surged through him. He looked around for them, mainly looking for his gun. Sure enough, the gun was flat on the ground,right where Mark had previously tripped. Mark stared at it, shocked that it had fallen out of his pocket. How could he have been so stupid? He looked around the area frantically , panicking with the thought of being caught. after a moment of stunned silence, he ran to the gun and picked it up. He quickly hid it in his pocket, looking around again for possible witnesses.

Hopefully no one saw it.

Hopefully...

(once again, a bit rushed. Yes, the character is open for interaction, but this post is a bit...off, due to a current "writing block" thing that I am currently in. sorry for grammar mistakes or bad quality- but I had no Idea what to post.)

@YoungX

Ken Asters

While walking down the streets, Ken would look to see a person looking around as if paranoid of something. He wondered if he was on the look out for anything since it does seem kind of weird for someone to do that for no reason. What Ken didn't know was that the male was looking around in fear that someone saw him pick up his gun. In any case he would head down the street wondering if he should just ask the person what was wrong. After all what could possibly go wrong with that? 

So he would head on down to at least talk to the person while keeping his distance. He wasn't going to just outright judge the person but he still wanted to be careful just in case. Anything could happen in a city after all.

"Hey you alright there? You look a little paranoid as if someone was after you or something. I heard that L.A had heroes and villains so I can understand why you would be paranoid. Is it that bad that people have to be on the look out for them?"

@Panzer

View attachment 242165

Marksman

Mark stood for a second. Once again, he froze. 

He thought for a moment, contemplating if he should shoot the poor stranger.

Mark decided against it, as it would draw to much unwanted attention.

"Hm?" He turned to see the stranger. "Uhhh...sure- Yeah. " He nodded in agreement. He couldn't recall any of his questions, and hoped he had answered them correctly.

"Listen- kid. I'm in a bit of a rush-" The sound of far off police sirens interrupts him. He looks to the direction of the scene.

"Shit..." He mumbles, turning back to his previous path. He quickened his pace down the sidewalk. He couldn't be around while they were investigating the scene. Although they may be far away, he still felt fear grip him when he heard the sirens.

He didn't think this through. 

(a quick reply)

Ken Asters

'...Kid?' Ken thought to himself about the fact that he was 22 meaning that he was an adult at this point. Still maybe he looked like a young adolescent but that might be a bit of an understatement. Still looks like the person was going away anyhow so he decided to drop the conversation though he was curious. 

In any case he had heard the sounds of far off police so he felt that maybe he should just skedaddle. The problem was where would he go next? Well for him it didn't matter too much so he just decided to part ways and walk another street across from the young male. 

@Panzer [Open for Interaction]

View attachment 242165

Radiant was about to correct Misty until she stated that she remembered that he was new. "Yeah, but, is there anything I should do today as a member?' Radiant asked. He was not expecting to be sent on any missions or anything, but he found it likely he would be training here today. Or maybe the his new helm arrived, though he doubted it would have been made so fast.  Though he was hoping that it didn't turn out to be cheesy or anything. But only time would tell.

@Minako

The man looked around when he heard a voice in his head. It was a first and had taken him by a surprise. While he still was keeping them in line it was enough to cause a little burst of Electricity. Not enough for a shot but enough to show the powers were unstable clearly going off when he was startled. "Where on earth?!"

@Assailant

"Woah!" Max yelled aloud as the electricity discharged. "It's me!" He yelled aloud. He didn't mean to scare the guy: he didn't think he would react so wildly.  Max waved his hands. "I'm a psychic! I didn't mean to startle you!"

@Baku

Ah, so they're new here. Makes sense, what with them hauling the mattress up the stairs Elias thought to himself, before speaking aloud "Ah, you're just moving in now are you? Welcome, I suppose."

He said all of this more to the girl down the stairs than to the one he'd saved. First of all, the girl he'd saved was close enough to hear him anyway but the other one might not if he didn't direct it at her. The real reason was that he rather liked the look of her, and so he subconsciously accommodated her a little more, though he wouldn't be overt about it.

"So are you two having any sort of housewarming? Oh, where are my manners - I'm Elias, I live just down the hall here" he said, gesturing behind himself.

View attachment 242165Marksman

While not on his todo list, He could use the extra money for ammo and such. He entered a store on his left that was bit to far from the Strangers location. Once he entered the shop, nothing seemed to happen for the first few seconds. But as they passed:

Bang-bang-bang!

Three loud gunshots were heard from within. Screaming ensued.

A lady ran out of the store as quick as she could. Mark then left the store as well in pursuit. He hastfully stuffed money in his pants pocket as he held his machine gun by the top.

He scrambled to the trigger, aiming and firing a few unguided shots at the fleeing civilian.  She lurked forward from the impact of a bullet and crashed down into the street. Mark was not far behind, running to the corpse and snatching the

stylish purse that she had dropped. He gave a warm smile as he stood above the corpse.

"Thanks!" he nodded, slinging the purse under his arm.

He knew that the cops would give chase if he was spotted, so he began to sprint in the other direction. The street had curved to the right, leaving a building between the cops and Mark.But from his memory, he remembered that the stranger had walked this way. a lone stranger can't be as harmfull as the police. Right?

(still rushed. just wanted something to give away that Mark is a villian to the other character.Im not usually this bad with my posts but Im tired...)

@YoungX

Ken Asters

As Ken was walking down the street, he looked around the place to see what was there. It was only perhaps a day or so since his move-in so he felt that it was a pretty good idea to get his bearings for the place. There wasn't much available but that was alright. In any case he would keep on walking though unbeknownst to him, the young male he met before would be heading this way.

@Panzer [Its' ok. It's not easy making great posts especially when tired.]

William Rike/ Phantom

@YoungX @Panzer (Hope you don't mind if I join in)

Taking a brief reprieve from his rooftop running, the thief took his time to look over the gather loot for the day.  The Eye of Edfu glistened like a butterflies wings in the sunlight sky. The necklace gold laced inscriptions hinted at its now long forgotten origin.  However as his mind raced through the past, he was brought screeching ahead with the sound of gunfire. "Give this town one point in its favour it's never boring, though that seems to come at the expense of personal safety" he mutters running over to the scene. The sound seemed to have originated at a shop. Running out of it was a woman and someone who seemed to be the gunman. Following as the marksman gave chase, he saw that the man seemed perturbed by loose ends. Now while Rike is no saint, a gunman who goes around killing people isn't exactly going to get a Christmas card from him. Then again he won't stop them either, own skin and all that. Deciding to see how things played out, Rike followed from the rooftops. The gunman was seemingly trying to find a getaway from this situation. "Why you always plan your escape" Rike muttered as continued to watch like a hawk, as another man seemed to approach as well. "Poor fellow". 

"Oh god have you been going through my head? What do you know? How much have you seen?!?" The man still startled accidentally said his name " Come on Jack just stay calm. It's just a guy who can read... Oh dammit!"  The electric super was successfully calming down then responded "Jack."

@Assailant

"You can speak in your mind, I can hear it," Max said. He smiled, although he supposed Jack wouldn't know that. "And don't worry, I don't just go digging around in people's heads. I can only hear what you're thinking."

@Baku

View attachment 242165

Marksman

The crazed assassin sprinted away from the scene, ducking his head down from the fear of being caught.

It didn't do much, but at this point he did not care. He was on the run.

Mark  looked back to the scene to see if anyone was following him. While he did not see anyone behind him, he knew the police force was already on their way.

While looking back at the scene, he failed to see the person in front of him. He collided into the stranger, shoving him out of the way. This also caused the criminal to stumble forward. He once again scrambled to regain his balance.

Ken Asters

As Ken was walking he would immediately be collided with someone as well as shoved. Almost tripping but regaining his balance, Ken would look to see the same male he saw before scrambling to regain his balance as he stumbled forward. 

"Hey at least an apology would be-," he was about to give the male a bit of his mind then saw the purse slinging around his arm. It was there that his look changed to a more calm yet serious demeanor as his mind had put some logic together. The most logical explanation his mind came up with was that this man was obviously a thief, a purse snatcher to be specific. To him it had made way too much sense with the way the guy was acting all paranoid earlier. This must've also meant that he had to have stolen something else prior and was now on a stealing spree. Sure maybe it was just a random guess but the evidence and the male's behavior was pretty much setting him up to be a thief.

"You stole that purse didn't you? The way you were acting paranoid back there means... your on a stealing spree! I'm afraid your gonna have to give it back to whomever you stole it from." Ken wasn't sure if the young male was armed but he had to be careful. He also knew that he had the bracer on his arm but he had never used it before and wasn't sure what it would do. Furthermore if the male was armed then that would leave Ken at a huge disadvantage. Still he wanted to be a hero so he had to stand his ground. He would proceed to take a few steps forward and was prepared to run just in case. 

@SirGrey @Panzer

View attachment 242165

Health: 98%

Sanity: Questionable.

While he did manage to regain his balance, The situation he was in seemed a bit worse than before. He looked back at the stranger with an even more agrivated look than before.

But after the stranger demanded Mark to return the purse, He began to laugh.

This 'Heroic' speech was laughable. It seems like another person wants to be A Hero. 

"Oh! you mean the dead woman back there? Riiight...." He rolled his eyes at the hero wannabe. What was he going to get out of this? reputation? This stranger was more simple minded than he had originally thought.

"Anyways, I would love to stay and chat-but..."Mark began to step backwards, Gradually speeding up his steps." I have Money to steal, Heads to explode, and some justice to serve!" Mark shouted back in a more heroic mocking tone.

@YoungX @SirGrey

Ken Asters

Upon hearing the fact that the purse's owner is dead as well as him stepping backwards, Ken wasted no time in immediately running. He would leap a bit and would successfully pull off a spinning right kick which was aimed towards Mark's head. At this point there was no turning back as Ken was in one of his 'Fine-Tuned' moments. For him, he wanted to be just like the person that saved his life. Even though the stranger didn't know him at all, he had gone out of his way to fight some dangerous men and save Ken's life. That was something that would resonate with him to this day and now he felt that it was his turn to be someone who risked his life for the greater good. 

@Panzer @SirGrey

View attachment 242165

Of course, the slower option seemed stupid to take. But the full sight on the stranger helped him dodge the kick. He ducked his head back away from the attack. Mark barely dodged it, leaving him a bit dazed from the closeness of the kick. It seemed just inches away from His face. It almost gave him a heart attack!

He began to panic. This Hero wannabe was also dangerous?  This had caught him by surprise.

Mark quickly dug into his tux pocket and retreived the compact machine gun from within. It only had a few more rounds in it from today's little spree, but the stranger probably didn't know that.

He aimed it for the guy, stepping back at a quicker pace. He knew he could not stay around for much longer, and having this dumbass chase him wouldn't help. He glared at the guy with a dense and frustrated stare. He was at his wits end. His face grew red with anger. 

"Fine! have the Fucking purse!" He cursed, his voice filled with a angered and stubborn tone. He swung the purse off his arm and tossed it at him, keeping the gun aimed at his direction. He stepped back againt to gain a bit of distance between them.

He didn't need the purse. He had the rest of the money in his pocket. He could still get out of this with some money in-hand. But unknown to mark, the money was actually in the purse...

All of it.

In a time of panic, he forgot the earlier events, and assumed the rest of the money was in the pocket. A mistake that would later haunt him. 

@YoungX (sorry for the dodge, didn't want to get caught this early :)  you still win though.) (also, It's a bit late for me so expect some delays or mistakes.)

Ken Asters

Ken would let the purse land safely on the ground as he would look at the young male. He didn't want to leave his fingerprints after all. Since he had a gun, Ken couldn't really do a thing at the moment. Even if the bracer did something, how fast would it work before bullets come raining on him? Also if the bracer did something then what good is it to have something like that revealed to a criminal? It just wouldn't play out very well.

Unfortunatly it seems that he'll have to let the thief go... for now. Though he has a feeling that if this happens again then it'll go way differently. The male had an idea of how capable Ken was at close range hand to hand combat. Plus Ken doesn't have any actual weapons so it really would be to the male's advantage.

He was still in his 'Fine-Tuned' state so he wasn't really much of a talker. Still he was faced with an armed person so he had to reslly be careful. He didn't like that he couldn't do much but at least he had the courage to face the male head-on. 

Though the fact remains that the owner of the purse is dead. For him this was more of a loss than anything since a life was lost. It was a hollow victory knowing a life means much more than some purse.

@SirGrey @Panzer [No worries man. It makes sense for the dodge to occur given the conditions. Anyways I'll wait till Sirgrey gets to post so yeah don't worry about delays. It's all good.]

William Rike

Rike, watching the interaction between the killer and the hero, he felt his blood boil. At first, he thought that Ken would be just another number in the marksman body count. Seems that Ken, however, was smarter and stronger than both the thief and killer had given him credit for. Not only did he deduce what the killer had done but was also able to rather competently fight him. Still, Rike was a bit confused, I mean Mark could just have a different fashion sense. Still speaking Mark, he seemed rather cocky as well as containing an amazing lack of morals and care for his fellow man. Still, he seemed to be a capable killer and have enough forethought to know when he is beaten. As he gave up, Rike prepared to run after all Ken would call the police or something. Hell, maybe he will give a more permanent solution be a bit more effective than the other so called heroes. No, no of these things happened. The killer seemed to still have a trick up his sleeve or rather a gun.  "Time to play my hand" Rike muttered in as he fires his grappling hook from his umbrella. The masked thief swung down aiming to kick the criminal in the back. If it worked the suited criminal would telling the grappling hook, before pulling out the sword kept inside the umbrella. "Sorry to butt in but I couldn't help but see you haven't dealt with this twat yet, allow me to do it for you". @YoungX @Panzer

Ken Asters

As Ken felt that he had no choice but to let the criminal go, a new person would appear as he was in the midst of a swing kick sort of like Ken did. It was something that he had not expected; after all a masked person just appeared with a sort of grappling hook or something getting ready to deliver a spin kick. Shortly after regaining his composure he prepared to move toward cover just in case the criminal would fire his gun. 

His thought processes was going wild as he thought of the possibility that if the hit landed, the criminal might fire his gun in retaliation. If the criminal did fire his gun in retaliation, then the recoil from both the midst of being kicked and the gun might accidentally spray itself everywhere within a cone radius. He had to make sure his life was covered for something like that. All he really could do was hope a bullet doesn't go right between his eyes. 

@SirGrey @Panzer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back