Herotales: Divided Lines

View attachment 242165

He was so close to getting away...

As if this loss was already humiliating enough, a sharp and agonizing pain ripped from his back as he was kicked forward. For a second, he felt as if he had been cut in half. His back was bent back from the impact. The air in his lungs were pushed out almost immediately, leaving him to gasp desperately for air as he collapaed to the floor, falling flat on his face. His gun flew a bit out of his hand and landed on the floor infront of him. The marksman's body now lays lifeless on the floor.

Mark didn't know what happened. His mind seemed to just leave his body. All he could see was the blurred floor infront of him. He lifted his head slightly to see his gun in front of him. Everything hurt. He could barely move.

He squinted to focus his eyes, feeling -what he could assume to be- blood running down his nose.

After a moment of gathering energy, he lifted his arm and reached out for the gun. stretching out to reach it. His face was one of desperationand fright.

View attachment 236857.

He cannot be bested now. Not now!

@SirGrey @YoungX

As he observed the now seemingly broken man, a sly smile reached underneath his mask. He never understood why these heroes never did this, never brought finality to the madman they fought. After all, it is the only way. The old saying "An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind" can easily be answered. "You don't go after one eye". As the killer relied on the floor, his back strained if not broken, Rike approaches with his rapier sword in hand. "How like a dog you were like before this little incident and now well I see that you could with putting out of your befitting misery, allow me to do the honour as it seems I'm the only one who has the guts to do so today, but enough of my partial  as I was just talking guts" Rike says in his high class toned voice as he raised his blade ready to relieve the world of this filth existence. @YoungX @Panzer

Ken Asters

Ken was now caught within a scene of life and death as the new masked man was getting ready to swing his blade at the criminal. Out of everything he did as a person to stop crime, killing someone was... complicated. It's not that he thought killing was the worst thing someone could do but it's the act of doing it that was hard on him. He knows about how violent wars can be and how death is just standard yet he has all of these mixed feelings inside of him. They say most villains can never change and that they will stick to their ways even in death but he just can't decide to just end someone's life like that. 

It's true that most of the crime busting he did usually involved incapacitating or saving others but those never ever required killing. In fact he had let the police take them away to prison and if some escaped then well maybe by fate they'll be brought back to jail. He understood that sometimes a life has to be ended for the greater good but is this what he really wants? Was this what the hero who saved his life would do? 

"Wait you don't have to do this!" Ken shouted quite suddenly at the masked man. Even now he was questioning what he wanted and was struggling to find an answer. What the young male had done is a crime but he didn't want such life to end either. Life was precious and even if someone had done wrong onto society, he felt that taking such life is... he didn't know how he felt. 

He began to speak again. "The police are on their way so I'm sure they can just handle it from there." Ken thought that if the criminal had any powers then he would've certainly used them against him. If it's just another person then surely even the police can handle it from there. As naive as it sounds, he just didn't want to see someone die. Perhaps it's out of the fact that he too would've died if not for his hero. He knows just how precious life is and how you can never get it back after losing it.

@SirGrey @Panzer

The sirens drew closer. Around the corner revealed a few teams of officers were rushing to the scene. They sprinted to the small shop, looking around the area for the crook. another cop approached the body and examined it for possivle signs of life. He then began to speak into the radio on his chest.The poloce have arrived.

View attachment 236857

Health: 50%

Sanity: Breaking point.

He began to hear whispering above all else; The sirens, the talking, the shifting.

They all seemed quiet compared to the faint whispers in his mind. He could not understand them, yet he still felt tingly and gitty. Almost like he had heard a funny joke. 

He began to giggle, his worried expression corroding into a lighthearted smile. He felt as if he was being tickled.

Mark had no idea what he was laughting at, but it brought him humor. He liked that.

of course, the feeling of being near his doom did keep him from being too relaxed. He dropped down his tired limbs as he continued to laught. It all just seemed too funny.

Lux walked the street in his usual garb. For a split second he wondered, why didn't they panic and call the GSUN. Then he reminded himself it was because his brother was there with him. "God, I'm so bored, Nega. I swear, I need my daily dose of rubble, or I'm gonna get twitchy" He smirked. At that he threw a light dagger at a nearby window. It instantly shattered and he merely shrugged his shoulders. "Ugh. That's nothing."

"Huh, what?" Misty asked the blind Super.

What was his deal? Was he NOT blind?

"Uh, ya BLIND, ain'tcha? Wut that got's ta do wif bein' stoopid? Cain't ya not see at all? Give th' braille here, den," The red-headed receptionist continued to question the uncanny Hero-to-be-maybe, perplexed at his sudden question.

She then extended her hand to take his braille papers to give him the regular forms, trying not to give him a weird look, but most likely failing given her feeling her brows growing furrowed. After handing the odd duck his new, non-braille papers, she then turned to the other, slightly less new super.

"Eh, ya should's probably wait 'til Nega gets here, shouldn't be long now! Are ya expectin' somethin'??" Misty assured the tall, blonde-haired man.

If he had his interview yesterday, whatever he ordered for his costume was probably in his Private Quarters by now (though it was obvious, granted his family situation, he had a place to live on his own).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rosies heart flew and her tummy had butterflies in it hearing he was so close to them, and as soon as Corny approached the two, the tiny girl ran to her foster sister and sort of hid behind her shyly, not wanting this man she almost immediately had feelings for (though she didn't want to, as they had just met, however it was just something in her nature to care about people) to see her red face.

"E-e-elias...? O-oh, u-u-uh, n-n-no... We're not.."
Rosie barely manged to utter in response to him wondering if they were inviting new people over later for a welcoming.

They were completely new to the City and had no close relatives here, so the chances of that were essentially zero... But Rosie desperately wished that wasn't the case now, though.

Sadly, Rosie wasn't going to lie.

"Hmmmm..." Corny suspiciously eyed this stranger up and down for a quick moment, and then a slight look at Rosie and Corny automatically knew what was going on.

He... seemed legit...

Kinda...

Still weird how they didn't see him going up the stairs before, and then suddenly seeing him now, saving Rosie. He wasn't there before... Corny knew it to be so... So, how...?

...Though she supposed she shouldn't look a gift-horse in the mouth: She screwed up and Rosie almost paid for it had it not been for this stranger. And, most likely due to that, Rosie now had a slight crush on him. No changing that now, though. Time to do some "damage" control.

"HA! You're alright, dude. Nice to meet ya. Thanks for saving my sister, my dumb-ass was too impatient and I almost paid for it," Corny chuckled it off while fondly bringing Rosie closer to her by the shoulder, rolling her eyes as Rosie covered her face, the pony-tailed sister ignoring the soft panging of her heart telling her this man was probably not what he seemed, despite his good actions.

Corny's brain tried to occupy itself away from the logic and inconsistency of suddenly seeing this man, to an equally worrying topic of Rosie's new, sudden feelings.

"WELP, it's been cool, and it's been fun, but we gotta haul this to our apartment, so we'll catch you around! Rosie, grab the front and I'll take the back," Corny sorta ordered her small sister once she decided, Rosie nodding vehemently while scurrying to the mattress.

"Uh-uhm...B-b-bye... I-it was s-s-such a pleasure meeting you... Thank you again for saving me...!" Rosie almost said a decent goodbye to the man as she passed him, not realizing she was slightly curtsying to him and completely avoiding even looking at him, a bit relieved to be away from him, feeling she had already embarrassed herself enough.

Corny was relieved, too, but for entirely different reasons.

She hoped to a God she barely believed in he wasn't living TOO close to them...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Brother, you really must learn that patience IS a virture," Nega gently noted, rolling his eyes at his Brothers seeming lust for destruction.

It was both admirable and unsettling at the same time, so Nega was always conflicted dealing with him.

The man of shadows flinched at the unexpected notion of his light-wielding brother breaking a window, and quickly looked around, hoping nobody saw what had happened... Though it honesty went by so quickly even if there WERE passer-bys they wouldn't have been able to tell what went on.

Still, though. Nega didn't approve of the blatant and careless destruction of property.

"Lux, There is a time and place for everything, but now is not the time, and this is certainly not the place," Nega reprimanded his brother, sternly crossing his arms a moment and then picking up the pieces of broken glass, carefully putting them in the palm of his left hand, looking around for a nearby trash can to dispose of the shattered glass.

Netherdragon Netherdragon
The J The J
Truthblade Truthblade
Legostrife Legostrife

Last edited:
"Well keep it in my head. By the way next right is the Police station. Once we are there I'll give you control of these guys and you bring them in. I'll wait for you once we are there. Any objections kid or do we have a deal?"

Assailant Assailant

"See that's the problem playing hero. You never get to fully cut loose like I can. The only time you get to is when I decide to have fun and you have to stop me. Don't try to deny you enjoy using powers as much as I do." Lux said. "Honestly. I'm the only one keeping things from being too quiet around here." Lux sighed as he took off in the air and flew around the city to burn off some excess energy. "How is nothing happening! God how boring."

Max nodded. "I don't think so. Everything sounds fine, I think." He thought for a moment. It would be dangerous, going in alone, but the men were unarmed and they need to cover the exits. "Alright, yeah, sounds good."

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

"It's not a problem, and actually I find it qui--" Nega began, and then stopped as Lux zoomed off for a moment, returning from his "trip" in a split second, his brother returning to his side to find yet another disapproving stare from him.

Moments like this were why he was unsettled by Lux's impulsive nature. It simply wasn't, he believed, how to get things done. Things had to be planned out, carefully calculated. Not simply done on impulse.

That wasn't how this world worked.

"IF YOU COULD CONTAIN YOURSELF A MOMENT," Nega began very strictly when he had Lux's attention again, "I am appreciative of the opportunities for "cutting loose" that you give me, but lets not go overboard, Lux."

He didn't want to admit to this Brother that denying it was exactly was he was doing to himself, mostly because he'd never hear the end of it from Lux... but also because it was a hard truth to cope with.

He did like using his powers. But not like Lux.

He didn't like to just use them aimlessly.

He liked to use it with purpose.

He even liked to use it to benefit others...

"I, you--" Nega was on the verge of scolding Lux, then stopped, "I'm sure you can think of something... Why don't you go destroy something? We aren't in the best part of the city, I'm sure plenty of buildings are marked for demolition."

"Relax Nega. You get too tense like this. I suppose that's one advantage I have over you. Collateral damage is of no concern to my AS, whereas it's one of your top priorities to contain it. Anyway, would you like me to bring my generals along and make it a big deal or should we just keep this between us?" Lux offers. "I could also use my power to switch our appearances so you can destroy some stuff."

As he kept the sword above Mark's broken body, he heard the yelling of the man who seemed to be taking care of the killer before Rike showed up. "No I don't have to do it, but I want to do it is the thing," the master thief says sarcastically. "Let those stuff shirted pigs 'handle it', you mean throw him a cell for a little but before he gets let out again, or maybe they'll kill him in which case I'm just saving resources," he says sardonically as he readies the blade. Yet as he ready his killing blow, Rike heard a noise from the killer. Laughter. A dark soul piercing laugh, a laugh with no direction or meaning besides madness. A laugh that caused Rike to shake with his blade. YoungX YoungX Panzer Panzer

"I don't see it as an advantage at all, and it's a good thing I took the role I did, because clearly only ONE of us practices self-restraint," Nega grumbled rather disgruntled, subconsciously trying to prove Lux RIGHT, apparently, and tensing himself up to the point his head was almost buried in his shoulders.

Nega's stomach nearly lurched at the mention of his generals. He may have grown accustomed to his brothers ways, but the same could not really be said of the company he chooses. Though it was sort of a "relief" he genuinely cared about people other than those who shared his blood, but... who he chose...

He shook his head, a definite no. The last thing Nega wanted was to be okay with his generals and his destruction. Though he was certain his role held no true merit in his heart, he was in his role now, and he was going to play so now.

The offer was kind... in Lux's own way of being "kind" to his brother, and Nega knew it... but that still didn't make him feel any less vexed deep down.

"Mmm, no. I can't. Too high a risk for a few moments of freedom... Thank you for the offer, brother, but I'll pass," Nega sort of slightly raised his hand in a "Stop" motion as he gently turned down the "generous" offer.

He would find some other, more CONSTRUCTIVE way to let loose his powers.

He wasn't exactly like Lux when it came to using his powers. Though he did yearn from some more freedom, which is why he donned his cloak and hood, it wasn't like some caged animal begging and pleading to be unleashed like Lux's desires seemed to be.

Lux shrugged. "They're actually really nice girls when you get to know them. They care about each other a whole lot and they make a great team. It's rather impressive, I must say." Lux sighed. He flew up and formed 5 rather large swords of light. With a swipe of his hand, they fired away, and pierced through multiple buildings causing them to collapse. After a few moments, he heard a man scream. "Where's the GSUN!"

Lux looked down with a smirk. "Hey, bro. Your fans want you." He said before going to survey his work. Who knows, maybe there was a hero patrolling who he can spar with. That could be fun, he thought.

Minako Minako SkycoderCrota SkycoderCrota

[border]

Ken Asters
Ken had heard it. A maddening laugh that made even the most hardy of men alert. It was dark, cold, void of care or emotion. He felt a sharp tingle down his body, as if the fear of death was creeping up the area.

He stood there, frozen, as he stared at the laughing male. Everywhere else felt quiet, too quiet. It was almoat as if time itself was frozen and the only thing to be heard was that laugh. Despite the situation, the male was laughing which made Ken really on edge. No ordinary crimimal would laugh like that, especially when the scenario is so stacked against him. What was going to happen next?

Panzer Panzer SirGrey SirGrey

[/border]

Julien Arseneaux
"That, That, dude looks like a lady! That, that, dude looks like a lady!" Julien sang as he walked down the street, playing air guitar with his earbuds in his ears. Lately, he was on a rock music kick-- which gave him some awesome new songs to use, should the need arrives. The ending of the rather famous Aerosmith song was interrupted by people screaming at the destruction happening. He took his earbuds out quickly, eyes widened as he looked to the carnage. "No...no no no, who would do this??" He said and looked to the villain, causing the carnage on the street. Julien's expression hardened into a serious one before he smirked. "Go time..." He said.

"~So put, your rose colored glasses on... and party on~!" He sang, and changed into his hero attire. He wore a slick, black suit, orange lines going down his coat and glowing as he smirked and tipped his top hat. The silver bass cleff that was sewn into his tie glared for a moment, there was no time to waist. He knew he'd be using energy to quick change, bit it was a rather small amount compared to what he'd use for fighting. He ran into the fray, stopping a bit away from the villain. "HEY! BAD GUY! ...STOP IT!" He said and got ready to fight.

tumblr_static_tumblr_mihtnkshed1rtv3rjo2_500.gif

Lux smirked. "Rather flashy entrance you've got there." He said before another empty building crumbled beside him. "Whoops, butterfingers." Lux smiles. "So, what's your power? And more importantly, have you come to impede on my fun? I don't take that sort of thing lightly." He said as he twirled a light dagger in his hand while still standing in front of the boy he presumed to be a "hero."

Last edited:
He looked to the building before back to the person in front of him. "Well i don't take endangering people's lives lightly! so..yeah, guess your fun is coming to an end." He said and folded his arms. "My power? Oh, you're asking for it! I've been waiting to use this one." He said and snapped his fingers, causing rock music to start playing. "Sweet, Sweet Adrenaline!" He said with a smirk before beginning the attack. The song of choice made him much faster than normal, sort of a speedster, if you will.

"~Gimme the wheel
So we can move a little faster
I make it real
I'm not a glorious disaster!~"

He sings and starts to run fast around the villain in an attempt to be unpredictable as he tried to confuse him.

"~What part of living says you gotta die?
I plan on burning through another nine lies!
One more for measure,
That's ten for the soul...
That never sleeps
So are you ready to go?!~

Bloodshot against the clear blue sky
Tick tock I think the wells run dry
My my, I can't lie
I need a shot again
That sweet adrenaline
Dead scared because I'm fearless in the head
Band band cause the needles in the red
My my, I can't lie
I need a shot again
That sweet adrenaline!"

He started to build up more and more speed until he attempted to attack him from every angle possible.

Lux looked down at the boy somewhat bewildered. He didn't see what the super was trying as Lux was clearly out of reach. "So singing gives you strength? Apparently, that doesn't translate to mental strength. Otherwise, you'd probably sing a flight song and actually try to fight me." Lux chuckled. He then caused a hard light pole to appear that spanned across the street at a height that would trip the super. SkycoderCrota SkycoderCrota

The broken body refused to move. He just sat there...laughing.
The police looked to the vigilantes with suspicion, as they couldn't tell if they were a threat. Some of them held their guns in a tight grip and prayed that they were in fact on their side. Others simply didn't care.

The officers approached the downed assassin, one of them holding hands cuffs. They seemed to walk past the other vigilanties as if they were not there. they quickly cuffed the assassin and stood him up. They then began to drag him away.

"Nice work." One of them said to the duo as
tension decreasd. The cops followed behind the other officers for a walk back to their cars.

(sry, I need to get out of the way here so I wrote a quick post. I had no time left.)(Ill be back later.)

[border]

Ken Asters
As the police came to detain and take away the criminal, Ken was left to muse upon the scenario that had taken place. He took account what the masked man had said to him. That prison served no purpose for criminals and villains and for the sake of safety and efficiency, they should be brought down swiftly before any harm can be done later. Well granted the masked man didn't really say that specific line but it was more or less somewhere along those lines.

Thinking about it while standing in the middle of a street probably wasn't going to help so he decided to head back. Before doing so he would look to the masked man to give appreciation.

"Thanks for arriving. If it weren't for you then the guy could've gotten away." He blinked for a moment knowing that the masked man was going to kill the incapacitated criminal before the police arrived. Still rather than being bothered by this fact, he decided to simply give his appreciation and head on back towards his apartment area. Maybe a good drive would give him a peace of mind; that or he really just wanted to do something else. There wasn't much to be said or thought so in total he just wanted to clear his mind.

Panzer Panzer SirGrey SirGrey

[/border]

Lux looked down at the boy somewhat bewildered. He didn't see what the super was trying as Lux was clearly out of reach. "So singing gives you strength? Apparently, that doesn't translate to mental strength. Otherwise, you'd probably sing a flight song and actually try to fight me." Lux chuckled. He then caused a hard light pole to appear that spanned across the street at a height that would trip the super. SkycoderCrota SkycoderCrota
He stopped singing. "What...?" He said and tripped over the pole that he had set out as a trap. "He's flying. He's fucking flying, of course I'm too fucking stupid to figure that out..." He mumbled to himself, stating to feel angry at himself and soon sighing. "Heroes have no time to be depressed, heroes have no time to be depressed..." He mumbled before getting up.

"~With you right here,
I'm a rocketeer, Let's
FLY!~" He sang and floated into the air, then started to charge at him.

Lux smiled easily dodging out of the way. "There we go. That's more like it. I can't get too disappointed with you, though. It would make sense you would get caught up in your own music after a while." he smiled. He didn't even bother attacking SkycoderCrota SkycoderCrota

Rike couldn't believe this. After all, this happened or rather Rike decided to get involved, Then this stuff shirted pig comes over, doesn't recognise The Phantom a world famous thief, but just takes the criminal away. His blood now fairly boiling he places his sword back in his umbrella. Still, Rike wasn't complaining about that killer being taken away. Originally he thought he was just a petty criminal who killed out of desperation, but after he saw the killer face, and that awful laugh he gave well-being far away from him wasn't a bad thing.

As he prepared to fire his grappling hook to continue his rooftop run to his car, he says to Ken "Forget it and I mean that don't think I'll be helping you again, for we are not allies and give any other circumstances I would not have gotten involved" before rocketing up to the rooftops.After a bit more roof running and jumping, Rike reached his vehicle. It was unassuming, which is what it needed to be. Taking off his mask and jacket and placing it in the car's trunk, the criminal speeds away to his home. While an odd night it had been a success.
Panzer Panzer YoungX YoungX

[border]

Ken Asters
Ken looked to the masked figure that went away. Eventually he would be out of sight leaving Ken alone. He went on his way, most likely back to the apartment complex.

He questioned what circumstances lead to the masked man to help out. Beside that he also wondered about ending a criminal's life. One less criminal would mean a better place. If ending lives equaled peace then history shouldn't repeat itself.

Ken would eventually find himself walking towards the same streets he had seen before. Things looked familiar but he wasn't used to seeing them. L.A just wasn't home...yet. Though he felt it may take a while to do so.

[/border]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back