Heroes of Tomorrow

Carly winced. "Ow, that looks painful. Oh yeah! Alice is usually in charge, but Aquila got mad.... I feel kinda bad for Alice, but ya know! I never get out, so this is kinda great! Wait, why did Alice stab herself? That doesn't sound like her an-" She gasped suddenly, staring at the body. "O-oh no! He really is dead! I-I bet he had a family, and a job and..." Carly suddenly burst into tears, squeezing her eyes shut. "Why would Aquila do that!?"
1a430790a72b2db829aa8d5501d50dd2.jpg

Hilbert

Hilbert comes to think about how hard it must be to have multi-personality disorder. The struggle of keeping three minds intact in one body? That's something he could never hope to understand in his lifetime. 

"I don't know. This Aquila seems to be the violent type. Look I don't think we have much time... the police are gonna be here and you three and one of you will be taking that fall. I don't know how much I can help seeing as I can't just somehow split three people out of one body."

From there he realizes that the police will be here and if that knife has Aquila's fingerprints then Alice and Carly are in trouble. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much he could do at the moment but if he's going to help someone then he will. After all he did raise a certain purple-haired child for twelve years so he knows some form of hardship one way or another.

"Listen... when the times get tough, you have to be strong and find a way out. The world's a dark place but there's a light at the end of the tunnel somewhere," he says as he knows that this situation is rather complicated.  

Hilbert

Hilbert comes to think about how hard it must be to have multi-personality disorder. The struggle of keeping three minds intact in one body? That's something he could never hope to understand in his lifetime. 

"I don't know. This Aquila seems to be the violent type. Look I don't think we have much time... the police are gonna be here and you three and one of you will be taking that fall. I don't know how much I can help seeing as I can't just somehow split three people out of one body."

From there he realizes that the police will be here and if that knife has Aquila's fingerprints then Alice and Carly are in trouble. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much he could do at the moment but if he's going to help someone then he will. After all he did raise a certain purple-haired child for twelve years so he knows some form of hardship one way or another.

"Listen... when the times get tough, you have to be strong and find a way out. The world's a dark place but there's a light at the end of the tunnel somewhere," he says as he knows that this situation is rather complicated.  

Alice's eyes slowly opened and she took several deep breaths. A few new bruises emerged on her body, but she didn't seem to notice. "Y-you have to let me out..." She whispered, hair changing to a deep brown while her skin grew more pale. "You have to go...." Her facial structure became a bit more feminine and she struggled in the goo. Even her fingerprint changed. "We have to leave before Aquila finds a way out..."

Alice's eyes slowly opened and she took several deep breaths. A few new bruises emerged on her body, but she didn't seem to notice. "Y-you have to let me out..." She whispered, hair changing to a deep brown while her skin grew more pale. "You have to go...." Her facial structure became a bit more feminine and she struggled in the goo. Even her fingerprint changed. "We have to leave before Aquila finds a way out..."

Hilbert

Hilbert would nod and the glob spiderweb would disintegrate into nothingness. "Alright. Where will you go?" He asks knowing full well that the current situation was a rather tricky one. The enemy was a split personality, someone that exists within a shared consciousness. How does one deal with such an issue?

"Hmm... if I recall the Heroes of Tomorrow has become a full-fledged group. We could ask for their assistance? I know a few who are a part of them," he says to Alice.

Hilbert

Hilbert would nod and the glob spiderweb would disintegrate into nothingness. "Alright. Where will you go?" He asks knowing full well that the current situation was a rather tricky one. The enemy was a split personality, someone that exists within a shared consciousness. How does one deal with such an issue?

"Hmm... if I recall the Heroes of Tomorrow has become a full-fledged group. We could ask for their assistance? I know a few who are a part of them," he says to Alice.

Alice shuddered and frantically shook her head. "I know a place..." She whispered and took off running. Her hair was extremely short, so it didn't bother her like it used to, but she missed the feeling of it covering her neck. "We can stay at an old apartment my dad owns, he doesn't mind." The apartment was right in front of them by the time they stopped, and it was anything but old. It was actually just opening. "I have a floor."  She lead him into the second story, into a large apartment that practically hung over the sidewalk. "I have three beds..."

Sierra and Rin

Sierra opened the door to let Astra in. She muttered something along the lines of 'ungrateful child' before sitting down on the couch with her and Bolt's actual daughter. Rin rolled off of her mom's lap and onto the couch. "Mom...who's that...?" Rin lazily waved a hand at Astra, who probably didn't recognize her from before. Guess that's what happens when daughters are shifted around. "Alex, that one's for you." She crossed her arms and went back to dealing with Rin's injuries from a week ago. 

@Shammy the Shamrock @Echo Dreamsong

Alice shuddered and frantically shook her head. "I know a place..." She whispered and took off running. Her hair was extremely short, so it didn't bother her like it used to, but she missed the feeling of it covering her neck. "We can stay at an old apartment my dad owns, he doesn't mind." The apartment was right in front of them by the time they stopped, and it was anything but old. It was actually just opening. "I have a floor."  She lead him into the second story, into a large apartment that practically hung over the sidewalk. "I have three beds..."

Hilbert

As Hilbert followed he questioned whether or not he should be following her in the first place. This was certainly problematic and he definitely didn't want to get in her way but... the split personality known as Aquila come back at any time and if she wasn't placed in check then it would be a problem. So he decided for now until he could find a solution he would stick with her for the time being. He inspected the apartment before entering inside.

"What are you going to do once Aquila comes back? This isn't a simple battle of strength. It's mental willpower." He decided to keep standing for a bit since he wasn't tired yet. In any case first thing back to Empire City in over 10 years and he gets pulled into a strange scenario. 

'This is definitely like me... getting wrapped up in these sorts of situations. But... not like I can just leave her like this,' he though to himself.

Hilbert

As Hilbert followed he questioned whether or not he should be following her in the first place. This was certainly problematic and he definitely didn't want to get in her way but... the split personality known as Aquila come back at any time and if she wasn't placed in check then it would be a problem. So he decided for now until he could find a solution he would stick with her for the time being. He inspected the apartment before entering inside.

"What are you going to do once Aquila comes back? This isn't a simple battle of strength. It's mental willpower." He decided to keep standing for a bit since he wasn't tired yet. In any case first thing back to Empire City in over 10 years and he gets pulled into a strange scenario. 

'This is definitely like me... getting wrapped up in these sorts of situations. But... not like I can just leave her like this,' he though to himself.

Alice rolled her eyes and turned away. "I deal with her... She's always going to be there, so the most I can do is try not to lose. You weren't supposed to find out about this... Only my fathers know... Also, clean the blood off your shoes. You can go, you don't need to dabble in this business. It's my problem, no one else's." She took a deep breath and stood, tossing the keys to Hilbert. "Stay as long as you want." Then she turned and walked out, heading for the little farm she knew was waiting for her.

bf5fc13be51d281347e0b00694c7689b.jpg

Mr. Light

Alex nodded though sensed the presence of someone else in the building and heading to the top floor.  "I think someone is on the top floor, can you get that for me, please.  I'll go check the front door."  He walked to the glass front door to meeting with the child.  He crouched down in front of the little girl and smiled "Why hello there!  Did you come with your parents?"  It had been so long and his memory of Astra had become fuzzy over the years meaning he couldn't tell it was her.

@JPax @Echo Dreamsong @Vampunk

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyler Celtic

~

SoundBreaker

Ty laughed. "Technically yes. But I kinda just do what I feel is best. So i'm gonna kick the ass of your captors."

The Wolf

"Read my mind." The Wolf said, unsheathing his extremely vintage as hell Chinese sword. Then started charging out of the room, making a very comical "Hi-Yah!!" sound.

Mr. Light

Alex nodded though sensed the presence of someone else in the building and heading to the top floor.  "I think someone is on the top floor, can you get that for me, please.  I'll go check the front door."  He walked to the glass front door to meeting with the child.  He crouched down in front of the little girl and smiled "Why hello there!  Did you come with your parents?"  It had been so long and his memory of Astra had become fuzzy over the years meaning he couldn't tell it was her.

Astraea frowned at him, crossing her arms. For some reason the white hair seemed familiar, but she couldn't quite tell. Instead of acknowledging him, Astra bent down to try and relieve the pain of the brace. After a few long moments, she stood back up as the prosthetic let out a long high pitched squeak. "Mister albino person... I need to find someone named, um, Lexander Teasla... Mrs. Groves said I could find him here." Though Astra can read, that doesn't mean she can really speak.  Mrs. Groves was her adoption agent, the one who actually took her from Bolt. Yeah, kinda awkward for her to have to give away his address.

Alice rolled her eyes and turned away. "I deal with her... She's always going to be there, so the most I can do is try not to lose. You weren't supposed to find out about this... Only my fathers know... Also, clean the blood off your shoes. You can go, you don't need to dabble in this business. It's my problem, no one else's." She took a deep breath and stood, tossing the keys to Hilbert. "Stay as long as you want." Then she turned and walked out, heading for the little farm she knew was waiting for her.

Hilbert

He would simply nod as he would see her walk out of the apartment. For now he would sit down on one of the beds that didn't seem like it was being used and thought about a few things as he stared at the ceiling. Soon he would lie down and continue to stare at the ceiling. He had his arms on the back of his head and thought long and hard about the mess he had just become involved in.

'It's my choice alright. I can leave and drop this issue at anytime but if I do... what's going to happen to her?' He sighed before standing up again. For now he had some plan and he was going to do so. He would stand still for a moment and concentrate before making a single glob clone that looks exactly like him.

"With one clone I can focus more energy and power into one than into many. So this one should suffice in case anything were to happen. If anything happens then I'll know but for now my power is going to be halved with this clone," he says as he would exit the apartment and walk on the streets. 

The Wolf

"Read my mind." The Wolf said, unsheathing his extremely vintage as hell Chinese sword. Then started charging out of the room, making a very comical "Hi-Yah!!" sound.

Tyler Celtic

~

SoundBreaker

Ty grinned and ran past the Wolf, easily kicking and beating up the guards. His powers used to enhance the blows by encasing it in air, or speed them up. By himself he had easily incapacitated a good bit of them. Even if they tried to shoot him, he redirected the bullets, or used a well placed air barrier. He had learned to not rely heavily on his powers for offense, that way they would be better capable when he needed defense.

Hilbert

He would simply nod as he would see her walk out of the apartment. For now he would sit down on one of the beds that didn't seem like it was being used and thought about a few things as he stared at the ceiling. Soon he would lie down and continue to stare at the ceiling. He had his arms on the back of his head and thought long and hard about the mess he had just become involved in.

'It's my choice alright. I can leave and drop this issue at anytime but if I do... what's going to happen to her?' He sighed before standing up again. For now he had some plan and he was going to do so. He would stand still for a moment and concentrate before making a single glob clone that looks exactly like him.

"With one clone I can focus more energy and power into one than into many. So this one should suffice in case anything were to happen. If anything happens then I'll know but for now my power is going to be halved with this clone," he says as he would exit the apartment and walk on the streets. 

(End of interaction?)

Mr. Light

Alex tilted his head before standing up and gesturing inside.  "Come in, we'll talk about it later.  I have someone I need to talk to."  He looked at his wife and mouthed the words 'I love you, watch her for me.' before going to a nearby lamp and vanishing from the sight.  On the top floor, a lamp flickered and out came a tall, pale, professional looking man.  He smiled at the punk before taking his seat.  "Hello there!  Sorry for the wait, I decided to talk to you myself."  Mr. Light crossed his legs and clasped his hands together as his eyes darkened then brightened again.  "First off, can I have your name?"

The monotony of Toby's traffic job was soon broken, though he was not sure whether that was a good or a bad thing. A wailing rose with in the cacophony that was the many cars populating the road. Toby turned to find the source of the wailing only to be struck full force by a black car. He managed to succeed in erecting a shield that surrounded his body just in time, reducing what would have likely been death to a blow to the stomach that knocked the wind from his lungs. He groaned, feeling the wind bite and snatch at his cold-white skin. Muffled sounds of argument could be heard from within the car, but upon lifting his head to inspect its occupants he was met only with a black window. 

Toby climbed to his feet, stumbling to keep balance on the bonnet. He returned his gaze to the window and the glass blasted off of the car, revealing the frightened occupants. Cries of "it's a super!" and "he ain't a normie!" shared amongst them. A wave of Toby's hand brought the car to a stop and another brought the metal of the car crushing around them, turning their getaway vehicle into a prison to bind them. He moved the vehicle to the side of the road and waited for the wailing of the police sirens to return once again.

"Ha!" Toby yelled in victory at the sky, much to the confusion of the entrapped criminals. "That's how you hero, people!"

Mr. Light

Alex tilted his head before standing up and gesturing inside.  "Come in, we'll talk about it later.  I have someone I need to talk to."  He looked at his wife and mouthed the words 'I love you, watch her!' before going to a nearby lamp and vanishing from the sight.  On the top floor, a lamp flickered and out came a tall, pale, professional looking man.  He smiled at the punk before taking his seat.  "Hello there!  Sorry for the wait, I decided to talk to you myself."  Mr. Light crossed his legs and clasped his hands together as his eyes darkened then brightened again.

Astra glared at where the man was and crossed her arms, looking away from everything. "Stupid bastard... Doesn't even stay with a guest..." She mumbled and kicked at the ground, avoiding meeting Sierra's gaze. "Who is you?" She asked, looking up slightly. 
@JPax

Tyler Celtic

~

SoundBreaker

Ty grinned and ran past the Wolf, easily kicking and beating up the guards. His powers used to enhance the blows by encasing it in air, or speed them up. By himself he had easily incapacitated a good bit of them. Even if they tried to shoot him, he redirected the bullets, or used a well placed air barrier. He had learned to not rely heavily on his powers for offense, that way they would be better capable when he needed defense.

The Wolf

Wolf needed no time to kill a few of his captors. A good slice and a few karate grunts did the job just fine. It was then he could actually do one of his most favored moves, and kills. Wolf aligned the shot and kill, his pill working overtime to calculate his super ultra kill move. And then, he went for it.

The Wolf held his sword forward and kept it at his side, starting to run towards some of the guards, their bullets just barely scraping his super rad armor. It was then his captors knew, they fucked up. As Wolf stabbed two of the right in the chest. He kabobed them. "Human Kabobs, Human Kabobs, get them while their still alive!" Wolf taunted at them, dancing and prancing around, celebrating his victory of a kill.

Zoe raised an eyebrow at Mr. Light, shifting her tall frame on the couch as she tilted her head slightly to the side, eyeing the man curiously.

"Well, t' name's Zoe, but I thought you already knew that. More commonly known as the Metallic Menace. Ace citizen and defender of the common folk, which should actually be YOUR job if I'm not mistaken. Anyways, you were the ones who wanted to see me so I really hope you've got something worthwhile. Not an everyday thing to be invited to your cozy lil' HQ." Zoe remarked with a grin, her tongue restless as one snarky remark was followed by another, and another...

Zoe definitely didn't seem to be your stereotypical hero, sarcastic, with the tongue of some ol' Scottish Sailor, which was not far from the truth seeing that her mother was of Scottish descent.

Leaning forward, resting a hand on her thigh Zoe nodded towards Mr. Light.

"So tell me, are you offering me a position or are you simply looking for some chit chat. Because you might as well visit our little bar downtown, it's a rather cozy place, though I don't know if you'd prefer it over this white posh palace."

The Wolf

Wolf needed no time to kill a few of his captors. A good slice and a few karate grunts did the job just fine. It was then he could actually do one of his most favored moves, and kills. Wolf aligned the shot and kill, his pill working overtime to calculate his super ultra kill move. And then, he went for it.

The Wolf held his sword forward and kept it at his side, starting to run towards some of the guards, their bullets just barely scraping his super rad armor. It was then his captors knew, they fucked up. As Wolf stabbed two of the right in the chest. He kabobed them. "Human Kabobs, Human Kabobs, get them while their still alive!" Wolf taunted at them, dancing and prancing around, celebrating his victory of a kill.

Tyler Celtic

~

SoundBreaker

Tyler blocked a bullet from hitting the wolf, and sent the attacked through a wall. "C'mon we need to bail before cops show up and cause more shit."

Tyler Celtic

~

SoundBreaker

Tyler blocked a bullet from hitting the wolf, and sent the attacked through a wall. "C'mon we need to bail before cops show up and cause more shit."

The Wolf

"Ah.." Wolf said almost like a very wise old man or samurai. "That is mostly why I have this bad boy." The Wolf held out a small ball with a red button barely bulging out of the shell of it. "Before you think it's a bomb, it's not. Smoke bomb." Wolf sighed, "Well it was nice meeting you, see ya!" With that ending, he threw the smoke bomb at the ground and it erupted with smoke. 

The next few minutes for Wolf was him crawling through an AC Vent. Then he ended up outside, on the roof of the facility. "That was a nice interaction." Wolf said, pulling out a notepad and writing down; 'Heroes are somewhat friendly.' And Wolf just walked himself home, in his armor. In the public. Real smart.

The Wolf

"Ah.." Wolf said almost like a very wise old man or samurai. "That is mostly why I have this bad boy." The Wolf held out a small ball with a red button barely bulging out of the shell of it. "Before you think it's a bomb, it's not. Smoke bomb." Wolf sighed, "Well it was nice meeting you, see ya!" With that ending, he threw the smoke bomb at the ground and it erupted with smoke. 

The next few minutes for Wolf was him crawling through an AC Vent. Then he ended up outside, on the roof of the facility. "That was a nice interaction." Wolf said, pulling out a notepad and writing down; 'Heroes are somewhat friendly.' And Wolf just walked himself home, in his armor. In the public. Real smart.

Tyler Celtic

~

SoundBreaker

Ty bailed and walked back to Bolt's office. He entered, a few bullet holes and scrapes here and there but nothing serious. He looked around and waved at Sierra and Rin. Then at the small fami-...familiar...child. He shook the thought from his head and asked the question. "Have you seen Bo-. Mr.Light?" 

@JPax @Echo Dreamsong

Mr. Light

"In my eyes, it's worthwhile."  Mr. Light shook his head while still holding his smile, chuckling at the girls attitude.  "I just like to know people.  Anyway, I am offering you a job that most don't get.  We want to make you a official hero, with pay, housing if needed, and certain other benefits."  He leaned back in his seat, letting out a sigh.  "I know that it isn't for everyone but with your...abilities, you could be usual in the field."  He gestured to her "You show much promise if you decide you want to accept my offer but in the end, it is up to you to accept."
@Vampunk

Tyler Celtic

~

SoundBreaker

Ty bailed and walked back to Bolt's office. He entered, a few bullet holes and scrapes here and there but nothing serious. He looked around and waved at Sierra and Rin. Then at the small fami-...familiar...child. He shook the thought from his head and asked the question. "Have you seen Bo-. Mr.Light?" 

@JPax @Echo Dreamsong

Astra's eyes widened and she stared up at Tyler. There was a vague memory of someone, someone with that same voice. Suddenly she had a surprising thought and she limped a bit closer to Ty. Her leg squeaking obnoxiously. "Are you Lexander Teasla?" She asked, a sceptical frown on her face. The annoying hair got in her face again, so she pushed it away, even if that meant revealing the white bandage over what used to be her eye. "Cause Mrs. Groves told me to find him..."

@JPax

Astra's eyes widened and she stared up at Tyler. There was a vague memory of someone, someone with that same voice. Suddenly she had a surprising thought and she limped a bit closer to Ty. Her leg squeaking obnoxiously. "Are you Lexander Teasla?" She asked, a sceptical frown on her face. The annoying hair got in her face again, so she pushed it away, even if that meant revealing the white bandage over what used to be her eye. "Cause Mrs. Groves told me to find him..."

@JPax

Tyler Celtic

~

SoundBreaker

Ty kneeled to her level. "Nope. My name's Ty. But I do know him. Do you have a name?" If there's one thing he could do it was talk to kids without freaking them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back