• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Heroes of Tomorrow: Degenerates of God

Andrea Costanza
"The knife? I got it like this." Andrea pulled up her skirt and showed a holster on her thigh. "Don't get any weird ideas! I would never put a knife in there...ARGH I'm ranting again!" Andrea rushed forward and pointed the knife straight at the guy's chin. "Come quietly, villain, or I shall be forced to inflict deep injuries upon you with the holy sword of mine!" Everything about Andrea was quite the cringe. She referred to a cheap steak knife, which was clearly too dull to cut flesh, as a holy sword. And on top of that, her accent was extremely bad. But the look in her eyes was one of intent to stop the "villain" before her.

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

"Do you have no shame you sick woman." Adam was literally doing everything in his power to look, how the hell did this perverted woman catch him. "Put your skirt down, you perverted scoundrel." He wasn't one to foolishly act brave around someone but now, he had it in the bag. Eventhough his reflexes were slow, he slapped her away while using the wires to carry him up a 3 floor building, which was really lucky considering his limit was 10 feet, the same as the building. "May the bad luck not harm you." He warned her from up the building.
(also, yes some 3 floor buildings are 10 ft)

transparent lie transparent lie

Andrea Costanza
"Stop staring if you're so offended, god!" Andrea rolled her eyes before the knife was slapped away. "Hey I needed that-huh?" She looked up as the guy went up using wires. A superhuman. It wouldn't be Andrea's first, but it was definitely more exciting than petty no-names. Andrea crouched down and fired a massive spurt of energy from under her feet, sending her to the roof of the building. With another burst of fire, she spiraled over the man's head and landed behind him. By the time he warned her about the bad luck, it was too late. Andrea had a blade of fire sticking out of her arm pointing directly at the back of his head. "Checkmate! Gosh, you're a superhuman. That's so much fun! Sorry, back on topic. This just became personal. Do you want to be burned?"

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

"Woah, wait, what? No! That's n-not necessary." Thalia said quickly, seeing Peregrine bow to the ground. "You don't need to do that... Come on, Peregrine, stand up... Please... You're freaking me out..."

D duegxybus

"How the hell is it personal when it's a piece of candy? I have no money to buy one and the person didn't see me do it so let me go before bad luck attacks." He warned while turning to look at her. "I mean sure you're the female human torch, but can you stand up against that pipe breaking open and hitting us with water." Points finger at it. "Or the building collapses?." Can anyone be any more stubborn than this stupid woman, i mean come on, a robbery was taking place while she was chasing him. How did he know? You gotta keep your eyes and ear open all the time. "It was just a piece of candy, would you risk your life to stop me, someone who stole something that isn't valuable?" He questioned.
transparent lie transparent lie (I'll be responding tomorrow xD gotta go to sleep so sorry)

Is it Necessary?
Peregrine Summers
"Seriously? Okay then." Peregrine sat up and shrugged. "I meant repay, like, I can buy you ice-cream or something." She reached into her pocket and fished out two Snow Monster coupons for Jack's Frost [Ice Cream & Popsicles]. The coupons were only handed out to those who bought ice cream every day for six weeks. "Please, I need ice cream. It works better than band aids and healing magic for me. And I'm so lonely. My actual team mates take me for granted. They're kinda buttheads. So, what do you say?" Peregrine held out one of the Snow Monster coupons.

that1aj that1aj

"Umm... Alright, why not?" Thalia said, shrugging and taking the offered coupon. "So, what do you mean by your teammates? You act like they don't think you exist or something." Thalia said, waiting for Peregrine to get up so they could start going, seeing as Thalia had never been and didn't know where it was.

D duegxybus

A Team Player
Peregrine Summers
"Ugh." Peregrine began to walk towards the ice cream store. "They know I exist, it's just that I'm the one always doing their dirty work. I don't care about them, anyways. They're boring people. I only work with them because they gave me a room to stay in." She crossed her arms angrily. "I don't wanna talk about them. What's your story? How did you land up following me into this abandoned mansion?"

that1aj that1aj

Andrea Costanza
"Shut up! I don't care about the pipe, or the building collapsing. You won't survive either! Anyways, the job of hero means I'll risk my life to bring criminals to justice. That includes petty candy-bar thieves like you!" Andrea heard the squealing of tires from the bank. Criminals scum. "Holy shit, someone's robbing a bank." Andrea took off running and took off flying after the van. She was about to catch up when she suddenly smack! crashed RIGHT into a fire hydrant. The hydrant exploded, sending Andrea down the side of the street right under the flow of water.

By the time the hydrant ran out of pressure, Andrea lay flat on the ground, spitting out water and gasping for air. She angrily slicked her wet hair back and climbed up the building's fire escape ladder, back to the roof. She then trudged back over to the bad luck guy.
"Did you say something about bad luck-" Andrea's real phone began to ring. She pulled it out of her pocket and answered the call.

"Hello is this Andrea Costanza? Your stupid ass forgot to pay the rent for two weeks and I've been put in a really bad mood because your STOVE EXPLODED and set the building on fire, TWICE! I'm kicking you out of the apartment! I don't care if you just moved in or have nothing, you're OUT!"

"...ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" Andrea threw her phone on the rooftop and pouted. And then the roof cracked slightly.

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco (That's cool. I hope I did the bad luck right.)

Last edited:
"Me? Pffft, I was just out for a walk and I was really bored and I was passing as you broke the door down. Other than that, as for my story, it's not that unusual, I grew up the same as any regular kid until I literally blew up at school once, then my parents sent me to a trainer to help me control my powers. These are my power source." Thalia said, rolling up her sleeve and showing her tattoos to Peregrine. "If I lost this arm, I would be completely screwed over. I'd lose all my power. These are how my trainer taught me to control my magic."

D duegxybus

Ooh, Magic, but I like Ice Cream
Peregrine Summers
Jack Weiss
"So...you're like a magician. Or a mage. Or a wizard. You use magic to fight." Peregrine cracked her neck. "Magic's cool since you probably don't use your physical stamina to do things, but I mean...yeah, no, I'm different." Peregrine opened the door to the ice cream store. There was a familiar face behind the counter. It was obviously Jack, owner of Jack's Frost Ice Cream & Popsicles. "Ahaha! Ice girl's back!"

All the staff turned their heads and greeted with a loud "Hello, Pero!" in perfect unison. Peregrine chuckled and walked up to the front desk, slapping the Snow Monster coupon on the counter. "I got a friend with me today. Hit me up with my usual stuff and get her what she wants." Peregrine stared at Jack, who nodded hastily and turned to Thalia. "What would you like today, miss? We have every flavor under the sun. And over it, too! Heck, we even have Moon Cheesecake!"

that1aj that1aj

"Yeah. Technically I'm a mage, and even though I mostly use my magic to fight, I did a lot of martial arts as a kid. My parents insisted I learn self-defense." Thalia said as they walked into the ice cream store.

"Oh, okay, umm... Do you have blue moon? I haven't had that since I was a kid." Thalia said, already basically drooling over the idea of having her favorite childhood ice cream again. "Oh, and here's this." She said, setting the coupon on the counter.

D duegxybus

Duh.
Peregrine Summers
Jack Weiss
"Of course we got Blue Moon." Jack nodded and took the coupons. He shot Peregrine a smile before walking into the back. "So, Thalia, we literally do not have to pay. These coupons were earned by eating ice cream for six consecutive weeks." Peregrine chuckled as Jack returned with a large cone of blue moon ice cream and a popsicle that was steaming rapidly. The hand that Jack held the popsicle in was covered in a glove. "Alright. We have one dry ice blueberry pop and one cone of blue moon ice cream. Enjoy!" Jack handed each their respective items and went into the back.

Peregrine immediately shoved the popsicle in her mouth.
"Sho, I'm raher shrprished 'ou didn' aschk abou' dah 'uy in dah manschion."

that1aj that1aj

"Yeah, I guess I was just so focused on helping you that I forgot about him. What was his deal, anyway?" Thalia said, licking her cone. "Mmmmmm... It's soooo good."

D duegxybus

Adam was eyeing what had transpired during the ordeal of her chasing the criminals while he waited. He had to say that was a first, If the bad luck responded to her so quickly than it did others, than damn she had so shitty luck. "Bad Luck strikes again." It wasn't his problem about what happened to her, but he liked to stick around when dust hit the fan as some people say. His crossed his and smirked at her when she came back up the building. "I warned you, yet you didn't listen." He had to stop himself from laughing, hey, if this lady chose to ignore him when he gave out the warning then it wasn't his problem. While she talked on the phon, he had to close his eyes, trying to think of something to tell her before his eyes snapped open when she threw the phone. "You really had to do that?" Looking down at the building floor, he had to squint his eyes in order to see the crack but it was almost invisible, almost didn't see cause they weren't visible. "You stupid woman." He yelled out before using the wires to take him up to the next building. "Do not move one inch and i will move you out from there." He warned her, He may not be a hero or a villain, but be wasn't gonna let her get injure.
transparent lie transparent lie

Andrea Costanza
"So what I'm failing at being a hero, huh?! I can say that I've tried! What do you have going for you? Candy thief!" Andrea was about to take a step forward when she remembered the crack. Right. If her weight shifted then the building would probably fall and she would probably get hurt badly. "Don't try any funny business with those wires, alright? Or you'll be dead." Getting help from a "villain." How humiliating. In all of 19 years of Andrea's existence, she never had been helped like that, by a villain.

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

Adam was contemplating if he should just leave this rude girl to her demise, but considering he didn't want anymore bad reputation to go his way, he needed go save her. "Who said i was ever a villain?" He questioned while tilting his head. Sure he dressed like a hoodlum, but that didn't mean anything to him. "What can I do with this wires? besides ripping your arm off, I'm not sure I can do anything else with them." He was about to take a foot forward before he tripped and went face first into the pavement of the building. "Mother....." If you could hear him, throughout the whispers, you could hear so many words being mutter that he felt like his mom was gonna punish him but considering he didn't care and she was dead, he continue with it. transparent lie transparent lie

Andrea Costanza
"Oh my God. I can't believe that just happened to you." Andrea spoke sarcastically. It wasn't like she needed help anyways. She turned and pushed her hand against the concrete. A blast of flame erupted from her fingertips, sending Andrea in the opposite direction to the higher building. She grabbed onto a railing and pulled herself into someone's balcony. "I didn't need your help, alright? And I never called you a villain, I just said you were a candy thief. Don't try to glorify yourself."
Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

"How am I suppose to know how your mind works? I'm not a freaking mind reader." He called out to her while rubbing his jaws, that fall hurt like hell. "You steal candy and you get chased by a pyromaniac who wants to more or less kill you for petty crimes, and that Pyromaniac just happens to show off too much." Adam grumbled. "I hate you Lady Luck and Karma." transparent lie transparent lie

Andrea Costanza
"Damn right you aren't a mind-reader. I kind of wish I was though, then it would be so much easier to see exactly which baby you wrangled to get that candy bar." Andrea smirked and leaned against the balcony. Suddenly, an old man stepped out of the door to the balcony. "Kids get off me balcony, ye?!" The old man began beating Andrea on the head with a rolled-up newspaper. "Ow! Ow! Ow! Okay fine I'm leaving!"
Andrea climbed over the balcony and dropped down to the balcony below. "Now if you'll excuse me, I just lost my freakin' apartment because you cursed me with bad luck or whatever." Her expression went from snarky to sullen in a matter of seconds. "Guess that means I'm back on the streets."

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

Dirk glanced about the street cautiously, taking in his surroundings with completion. "I might like this city..." he muttered to himself as he began to move along the sidewalk again. He had spent the last of his money on some food, and had made every cent count. His feet stopped as he stood in front of store, it's curtains closed and the lights off. Reaching out, Dirk placed his hand against the window carefully, then pulled it back. Grabbing a brick, he dashed it through the window violently, shattering the glass into tiny pieces. Now he stood back and held his arms up to cover his face, waiting for the debris to clear up

Adam cautiously landed beside the girl, with his hand on his pockets looking up at the sky. "Not the first time someone tried to blame me for my bad luck, you will be fine in the next 23 hours." The only reason she had a day of bad luck was be cause he didn't touch her that much or else that bad luck would had stuck . "Your lucky star will help you once the day is over, so try to survive that long." He warned her. "Just always look at every direction when walking." transparent lie transparent lie

Andrea Costanza
"Tsk." Andrea shook her head. "I wasn't a very lucky person to start with. Sure, I'm able to shoot fire from my finger tips but at what cost?" Andrea's voice faded as she went into thought. Suddenly, she grabbed the bad luck guy by the wrist (on the jacket, not the hand) and turned to face him with a piercing glare. "Alright. Since you caused this bad luck, probably by touching me or whatever, you're spending the rest of the day with me. That, and cause I have no place to live." She let go of his wrist. "My name's Andrea. And you are?"

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

"Damn you, my one weakness." Those were the simple words coming from inside Adam head. "Applestone." Those were the first words coming out of Adam mouth before he quickly decomposed himself and looked at her with a lazy grin." Adam, Unlucky or just BLA." BLA, Short for Bad Luck Adam, but she didn't need to know that. "Just don't try to make me do all that goody two shoes thing, don't like heroes or villains at all." He muttered the words quietly but at least she wouldn't hear him, Right??? Right??? "First thing first never run during a crossing stop light." He actually wondered how many times he had to watch out for cars when crossing those damn hellish roads. transparent lie transparent lie

Andrea Costanza
"Alright." Andrea looked down at the street and suddenly frowned. "I'm not happy or anything to be like this, you know. You could be used to this bad luck but I kind of need that on my side." She opened the shutter window to the apartment behind her and tried to sneak in. She then fell on her face inside the building. "Damn your luck! Let's get out of here."

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

Users who are viewing this thread

Back