• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Heroes of Tomorrow: Degenerates of God

Heroes of Tomorrow: Degenerates of God

duegxybus

Ten Thousand Club

Heroes of Tomorrow: Degenerates of God
OOC | Characters!

It's a normal day in the city of Reidora. The birds are chirping, the urban traffic is present, and the everlasting feeling of belonging is there with most. Today is the day of the mail to send letters to everyone. Most will get their ordinary mail. Well, today, nothing's too interesting in the city...yet.

Last edited:
The birds were singing and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Everything was....quiet to say the least, peaceful was another way to describe it. Then again, this was only the beginning and there's always quiet before the storm.

The day kept going as normal but as it progressed, certain people would receive letters. These weren't like the normal bills people get, the contents held something important.

Sir or Madam

We have watched you for quite some time. We admire what you do and wish to speak with you. If you want to bring some justice to this city, go to Rosemary Apartments. Look for the odd man out.

Sincerely Mr. A

Rosemary Apartments stood near the center of the city. A dark red building with a brown interior inside. From the outside, it looked like a basic home without anything revealing its true nature. Near the stairs stood a young looking man. He was wearing a doctors coat and seemed to be reciting a speech. He sat down in a chair near the elevator, waiting for whoever to come.
D duegxybus YoungX YoungX Gwen_Temi Gwen_Temi SimpleGuy SimpleGuy Lappi Lappi Shog Shog HalfMe-HalfHer HalfMe-HalfHer
(You are all free to posts whatever you like!)

B BlueClover

"Watched me? That's admittedly impressive."
Raven thought to herself as she folded the letter, placed it back inside of the envelope and then into a fold of her jacket.

The note would serve as a piece of evidence to prove her innocence in the event that she was being led into a setup. The fact of the matter was, with her unique pedigree, she made a great deal of powerful enemies by just existing and sketchy invitations such as these were best investigated with caution. Walking in stealth, she made her way to the apartments and found the man whom she believed to be "the odd man out"

She took what information she could from his initial appearance upon arrival:

Scrawny, an unsure look on his face. Concerning attire for this meeting. He dresses as though he were a physician, and yet he is nowhere near a medical facility. The smooth contours of his apparel suggest that he is either unarmed, carrying low yield firearms, or a meta whose abilities can't be predicted. He seems to be alone, but I can't be sure...

Not yet ready to reveal her presence, Raven found a nearby corner to wait and observe the man in. She would watch and observe any new arrivals as they came and would reveal herself once she felt that the time was right.

[border]

Kite Kessler
Kite had just arrived to Reidora, unsure of what awaits him in this new journey of his. The air was... 'chipper' and all he cared about was grabbing something to eat. He hadn't eaten in quite awhile so he was starving. Thankfully he found a nearby hotdog stand and bought himself a nice plain hotdog. After devouring said hotdog, Kite looked around a bit to get his bearings on this new place.

"This place is alright. Heard there was supers here too though these guys aren't as reputable. I'll give my thoughts on this stuff once I get to see it for myself but in the meantime I get to enjoy myself to some city luxury for the time being. If any super villain shows up then I'll be there too." He would then go walking down some nearby street and looked up at the sky. It was clear skies and sunny weather which was always swell. Though he can't find it in himself to think that today was just an ordinary day for a not-so ordinary city.

[/border]

Arielle worked fast making drinks for her customers. She didn't speak English but could understand it somewhat which made her job that much more interesting. Just as she finished a round her friend Jordan walked into the room holding a letter. He said to her,

"Arielle looks like your getting popular. Quelqu'un vous a écrit une lettre!"

Arielle looked up and smiled exitedly. She grabbed the letter from him but before she could open it a rather drunk man at the bar slammed his fist down yelling,

"DAMN IT ALL WHY DONT YOU LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH!?"

Jordan quickly retorted,

"Why don't you learn to speak French?"

"BECAUSE THIS IS AMERICA!"

"Touche."

"THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT DAMMIT!"

Jordan realized his fault in this matter and quickly dismissed it with a wave of his hand. He turned to Arielle saying,

"Je vais remplir votre quart de travail afin que vous puissiez voir qui sont ces personnes."

Arielle skilled and hugged him saying,

"Merci Jordan sans toi je doute que je le fasse dans cet endroit."

She grabbed her purse, took off her apron, and ran out the door hurrying to the address she was given in the letter. Luckily for her she knew Jordan since he could easily speak both English and French. He translated the letter for her before giving it to her.

When she arrived at the place she stood looking up at the building, then back at the letter, then back up at the building and finally down at the man dressed in a funny looking outfit who seemed to be waiting for her. She didn't approach him at first but after a while walked up to him and said,

"Où êtes-vous celui qui m'a envoyé cette lettre?" She pointed at the letter as she asked.

B BlueClover anyone I forgot to tag

Last edited:
Mira wasn't like the others. She didn't waltz in like some pansy, at least without a little bit of prior investigation. Or, at least, an attempt at it. Mira glared down at the man from the rooftop she was on, and then looked at the letter in her hand. Suddenly, this took her back to the memory.

"Rose! Get those orders rolling!"
"Yes, Mr. Smith!" Rose scampered to the line of orders paperclipped to a clothes line but quickly noticed one labeled "Mira." That sounded important, so Rose took that one.

"Dammit Rose..." Mira pinched the bridge of her nose. She walked off the building, went around the back, and approached the man. While her face was blank as he approached him, millions of thoughts were running through her mind, like what just happened...

"Mr. Smith! I have to go now! I got a letter! I'm admitted to Hogwarts!"
"Haw haw haw! Come back and do the dishes, lil' missy!" Mr. Smith gave a warm smile as Rose sprinted out the door.

By the time she finished thinking about it, she nearly had run into the man. Mira gave out a slight yelp and stepped back once. "I got a letter."

B BlueClover SimpleGuy SimpleGuy Gwen_Temi Gwen_Temi

Marel "Maru" Eckinger
"Damn this." Maru glanced down at his phone, impatiently waiting for a text. He was in an ordinary cafe, dressed as an ordinary man, looking out the ordinary window, looking at the ordinary hot dog stand. His piercing red glare shifted towards the cellular on the table, when suddenly it made a high pitched ding!

"Undamn this." Maru took a sip of coffee and opened up the phone.

Alie
them
So you can stop being stupid.
me
Come on Alie, don't be like that!
me
Alie?
me
Babe, are you leaving me?
me
Babe what the fuck don't break up over text!!
me
Alie...
me
Alie what the fuck?
me
ALIE RESPOND YOU UNGRATEFUL BITCH DON'T DIE ON ME
them
Maru, there's...there's something happening near an apartment. A bunch of metas are approaching a building. It could be a heist.

At this, Maru's face turned a bright red color. Not of anything, but the fact that his ex-girlfriend was suddenly terrified. He got up and began to furiously text Alie.

Alie
them
Maru, there's...there's something happening near an apartment. A bunch of metas are approaching a building. It could be a heist.
me
Alie, wait, I'm on my way. Chill the fuck out.

Not seeing the man who was walking on the street, Maru ran into him. His body practically pushed the man over. However, something odd had just happened. The man wouldn't feel himself fall; Maru had grabbed him by the shoulder with one hand, and the hot dog with the other. Quickly handing the hot dog back to the man, Maru went into a bow. "Sorry sir, I was in a hurry!" He bent down to pick up his phone, though the last text from Alie was clearly visible.

Alie
them
me
Alie, wait, I'm on my way. Chill the fuck out.
them
Maru, no. You know the extent of my power. I can handle myself.

YoungX YoungX

[border]

Kite Kessler
"Hotdogs have to earned-," Kite was just on a tangent when suddenly well he didn't really fall. Rather someone basically helped him up before he could fall with Ken's hotdog still intact.

"Yeah no problem man." He was about to go his way but of course his eyes just had to be visible on the man's latest text. Now Kite is no snoop but his eyes just had to be within the right angle to see the message. What was that he saw? Metas approaching an apartment? A potential heist? Powers? Cheese?

He just knew what he had to do. Go check it out.
Kite, now sort of caught into a scenario, would just inconspicuously head to some alleyway to climb up some stairs on some apartment building. If the person he just met was gonna go stop some villains, then maybe he could use some help. The power of community baby.

With his suit secretly donned, Kite would go on rooftop to rooftop to see if the situation is bad enough that maybe he could help. He had just arrived to this city and now he was gonna do what he came here to do.

D duegxybus

[/border]

B BlueClover Gwen_Temi Gwen_Temi SimpleGuy SimpleGuy

It was an usual day for Ali. He'd woke up, had his breakfast and was walking towards the place he worked at, a Dojo where he instructed 10 year old children about self defense. Mainly, he taught them Wing Chun. Ali usually never checks his mail, but today, he decided to do that, because it was the start of the month, and bills fly in, you know? The mail boxes lined up along the wall by the stairs, just in front of the security room of the building.

A black lady sat behind barred doors, behind a window counter, smiled at Ali as he appeared. "Good morning son," She said as Ali moved towards his mail box.

"Good morning Mrs. Gene," Ali smiled and waved, as he heard her voice. "Everything good?"

"All good dear!" She laughed.

"Say Hi to Mr. Gene....I spoke to his "client"." Ali added, sounding mysterious.

The black lady nodded, letting out a sigh of relief as she did so. Recently, her husband had been getting threats from of his clients, that if he didn't get money, things were going to get ugly for him. Through conversation as usual, Ali got to know of this, and he did a little intervention, and paid a visit to the client. That guy wouldn't be bothering him any more.

Ali opened his locker. Yeah, there were the regular bills. Gas Bill, Water Bill & Electricity Bill, nothing unusual there. But then, he came across an additional letter.

"Mrs. Gene...." Ali turned to the woman in the security booth, raising the anonymous letter he had received, there was apparently no address or name on the envelope. "Who brought this?"

She shook her head, "Some guy, I've never seen him before, came in and dropped it in your locker,"

Curious, Ali tore it open. There was a letter inside. He opened it and read it:

Sir or Madam

We have watched you for quite some time. We admire what you do and wish to speak with you. If you want to bring some justice to this city, go to Rosemary Apartments. Look for the odd man out.

Sincerely Mr. A

Whoever it was, definitely if they were watching him, they should know that he was a guy at least, right? This didn't exactly feel right. As Ali walked back upstairs, he called up work, and explained to them that he wouldn't be able to come. Taking a day off over something this silly was something he didn't want to explain to the dojo. He just called in sick. He checked the time, it was about 10 minutes before seven.

Ali lived on the 7th floor of the building. And he used the stairs, because it was honestly much faster for him than using the elevator. Pumping just a bit of electricity into his leg muscles, he leaped, 10 steps a turns until about 20 steps later, he stood outside his 2 room apartment. He lived with his 45 year old mother, and his 70 year old father.

"Mom, I'm home!" Ali said as he walked in..

"What happened?" Ali's mother inquired as he walked into his room.

"I called in sick Ma. Something came up." Ali grabbed his sword the [Lightning Cutter] that was wrapped in its sheath, and wore it around his back. "I will be back as soon as I know whats up," He said, giving all the bills & letter to his mother, "And mom, don't open the door unless you are absolutely sure you know who it is!" Ali gave a word of warning to his parents as he walked out of the room.

Having old parents to care of, and them being normal people, and Ali being a meta, it caused him no shortage of worries. However, he couldn't really hide from who he was. Ali darted down the stairs and out on to the street. Finding the 'Rosemary Apartments' wasn't as hard as he had thought it would be. All he really needed was to get in a taxi and ask them to take him there.

The building was located near the center of the city, a dark red building with a brown interior. From how it seemed, this was a normal living apartment. Ali walked in, and found a doctor standing next to the stairs. He arrived just as a lady had walked up to this man before him, speaking in .. French? Ali did not understand a word, but he also approached this 'odd man out'. He was quick to notice a similar letter that the woman carried, and knew she was also in this thing, whatever it was. Ali also drew out the letter in his hand, and showed it to the doctor, "Are you Mr. A?" Ali asked.

B BlueClover lowlav lowlav YoungX YoungX D duegxybus SimpleGuy SimpleGuy HalfMe-HalfHer HalfMe-HalfHer :

Raven sighed an inaudible sigh after the group had assembled around the man. At the very least, they were in a rather crowded area should she be slighted. Much like a ghost passing through an opaque wall, Raven "suddenly appeared" behind the man and nearby all of them as she deactivated absence. Her knife was hidden, but her CZ75 was visibly displayed on her hip as a passive threat to all those who looked upon her with ill intent. She crept up behind the man and announced her presence with one stern word.

"Present" she spoke over the shoulder of the man in the white coat.

She quickly presented the note to the man, it's reveal telling everything that needed to be said, and then placed it back into her pocked and leaned against a nearby wall once again.

Kirsey
Final touch to the interior of the apartment, and they were ready to go. Rooms were ready, food was ready, tables were ready, everything was ready. Kirsey wiped the sweat from her forehead, which immediately evaporated into steam. "Master's not home right now, but Master Barry is." Kirsey smiled to herself as she sprinted down to the front, blasting everything around her backwards in a cone.

"Master Barry I'm-" Kirsey's expression faltered and she slid to a stop in front of the three people who had showed up with the notes. One was a woman dressed in black, with a weapon. Another was a man with a letter. Another was a French speaking woman. And another was a green-haired girl. Kirsey didn't stick out this time. She bowed to everyone she saw before her. "Oh, he already sent out the letters."

B BlueClover lowlav lowlav SimpleGuy SimpleGuy HalfMe-HalfHer HalfMe-HalfHer Gwen_Temi Gwen_Temi

Kirsey
Final touch to the interior of the apartment, and they were ready to go. Rooms were ready, food was ready, tables were ready, everything was ready. Kirsey wiped the sweat from her forehead, which immediately evaporated into steam. "Master's not home right now, but Master Barry is." Kirsey smiled to herself as she sprinted down to the front, blasting everything around her backwards in a cone.

"Master Barry I'm-" Kirsey's expression faltered and she slid to a stop in front of the three people who had showed up with the notes. One was a woman dressed in black, with a weapon. Another was a man with a letter. Another was a French speaking woman. And another was a green-haired girl. Kirsey didn't stick out this time. She bowed to everyone she saw before her. "Oh, he already sent out the letters."

B BlueClover lowlav lowlav SimpleGuy SimpleGuy HalfMe-HalfHer HalfMe-HalfHer Gwen_Temi Gwen_Temi
Arielle looked past the man and saw the women bow to them. She smiled a little at how she acted and bowed to her too saying,

"Cette journée a été tout à fait unique et je suis heureux de faire votre connaissance."

She extended the note to her asking,"

"Comment avez-vous su de mes capacités madame?"

Barry
The man watched as everyone had started entering. It seemed like a nice turnout. He didn't move for quite some time, like his feet were drilled into the ground. "Why yes I am. I see you all picked up my letter. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Barry." He took a small bow before turning to Kirsey. "Would you mind translating for me? I didn't think we'd have any French speakers today." Barry then turned to the stairs. "If you all would kindly follow. Any questions you have, I'd be happy to answer. Sadly we might have to wait, Mr. Small doesn't get here until later today. In the mean time, I believe my friend has set up something for you all."
D duegxybus SimpleGuy SimpleGuy Gwen_Temi Gwen_Temi lowlav lowlav HalfMe-HalfHer HalfMe-HalfHer

Barry
The man watched as everyone had started entering. It seemed like a nice turnout. He didn't move for quite some time, like his feet were drilled into the ground. "Why yes I am. I see you all picked up my letter. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Barry." He took a small bow before turning to Kirsey. "Would you mind translating for me? I didn't think we'd have any French speakers today." Barry then turned to the stairs. "If you all would kindly follow. Any questions you have, I'd be happy to answer. Sadly we might have to wait, Mr. Small doesn't get here until later today. In the mean time, I believe my friend has set up something for you all."
D duegxybus SimpleGuy SimpleGuy Gwen_Temi Gwen_Temi lowlav lowlav HalfMe-HalfHer HalfMe-HalfHer

Ali was shocked, when a a woman he did not register before, made her appearance, on a blunt note at that. He could see that she was dangerous, and he didn't make any particular note of crossing her if he could help it. As the woman in black leaned against the side wall, his eyes inevitably fell upon the approaching woman, moving at high speeds.

She'd come and bowed towards and them. And then the doctor, who introduced himself as Barry, explained. Ali only nodded as he'd taken the initiative to follow the man.

Mira stepped back as the girl from inside rushed towards the man and referred to him as Master. Was this going to turn into a weird house? She cautiously returned the bow before turning to the rest of them. Why doesn't that woman just learn English? It'll be easier for the rest of us.

She rubbed the side of her head and absentmindedly turned to the girl. "Are you Mr. Small's slave or something? I'm pretty sure that's illegal."

B BlueClover SimpleGuy SimpleGuy lowlav lowlav Gwen_Temi Gwen_Temi D duegxybus

Jay finished delivering the last letter and walked away. He had been tasked with delivering the various letters across the city to possible recruits. There were a few other letters that needed to be delivered today, but none of them had any special priority. He decided to take a little "me time" and check out the recruits. He was several blocks away and didn't want to miss the show, so he took a short cut. He turned into an ally and used a fire escape to work his way up to the roof. Once there, he zipped up his jacket and pulled his mask out of his backpack and over his head. Others had criticized his use of the mask, saying he didn't need it, but he didn't care. It made him feel more like a bad-ass. Once he was set up, he took off running. He had learned to propel himself from the ground to help jump longer gaps. It took some practice to perfect, but he'd learned how hard he needed to push and at what point during the jump to expend the least amount of energy. He didn't always need it, of course, but that doesn't mean he doesn't enjoy doing so.

Jay made his way from roof to roof until he made it to the apartment building. Unfortunately he was a bit late. He never planned on following them inside the complex, only to get a look at them before they entered the building. He made note of what he could, but the details were rough. A woman appeared that he somehow missed before, but that was the only thing of real note before they began entering the building. 'Oh well' Jay thought to himself. 'I'm sure I'll see at least some of them later.' He also made a mental note to find a pair of binoculars to carry with him for moments like these. Checking the time, he decided he could rest a bit. He sat down on the roof and pulled out a small snack.

[border]

Kite Kessler
As Kite was running around in his Jetstream Hero Suit, he found himself already lost having ran way ahead of the guy he met earlier. He was no utterly lost and did not know where to go.

"Ah... fish sticks," he would look around to find that while he was on a rooftop, there wasn't much to say where he specifically was. Now he really didn't know where to go but he decided that he would at least use his current location as a vantage point of some kind. So currently he would looking around the city to see if he could find some form of super villain activity or even any criminal activity that he could get to.

[Open]​

[/border]

Kirsey
"Je le sais parce que vous le rendez évident." Kirsey chuckled as she responded in French. It wasn't the best French, but it was definitely something acceptable in France. "Now then, I'm so excited to meet all of you but, then again I kind of have to wait for Mr. Master to get home to do anything." Kirsey rubbed the side of her head for a few seconds, but that was when she remembered the talk about being a slave. "I'm not a slave! I just do whatever he tells me to free of charge! I only do it because I want to, got that?" She crossed her arms and pouted just as she realized she had an audience. Kirsey lightened up and followed Barry inside. "I'll give you all a tour later, it's a pretty simple place. For now you can all wait in the living room for him."

Kirsey pointed towards the couches and chairs, then waited by the entrance of the living room. There, in the center of the room, lay a plate of cookies on the coffee table, just waiting to be eaten. "Please make yourselves comfortable!"

B BlueClover lowlav lowlav SimpleGuy SimpleGuy HalfMe-HalfHer HalfMe-HalfHer Gwen_Temi Gwen_Temi Shog Shog

Dirick Heartman. With a name like that you would expect someone that was middle class, nice, charitable. However no one who knew him held this opinion. Per normal for him he was walking in the streets. He called a few people to see what was going on but nothing was new so he kept on going. He passed by a passed out or dead heroin addict. Not bothering to check he kept walking to the bus stop lazily.
Thinking he was safe due to his status over the years he let his guard down often. Nobody kills the man who gives them drugs. He stopped at a bus stop and waited. He put in his earbuds.
*Current form, pine. Flammable, but tough otherwise*
-Open for interaction-

Arielle was a bit stunned she found another French speaker. While she was happy she found someone to talk to she was more so curious about the relationship between the man and the woman they just met. On top of that this little party of people who also received the letters were all uniquely interesting in their own right. She nodded to the woman and walked into the living room. She did want to grab a cookie though first she was more interested in the decorations of this room.

D duegxybus B BlueClover
@ everyone else I needed to tag but was too lazy to do so

Maru Eckinger
Maru gave a 'wtf' look as the man ran off. He picked up his phone and looked at it. "Damn it, again."
Alie
them
Maru? Where the fuck did you go?
me
Alie, calm the hell down!
them
I was worried sick! I thought they got you!
Maru couldn't take this. He closed his phone and shoved it into his pocket. Rage built up in his mind as he walked past a man near the bus stop. He took a seat next to him, gave a small smile, and then looked back at the road. "My day is shit, if you're wondering by any chance sir-eh?"

His gaze went past the man and to the wall. Maru's own eyes widened as he peered closer. On the wall, there was a note, written in shining red. "S-Sir...did you w-write that...?"

I LIKE HOT DOGS VERY MUCH VERY VERY MUCH HOT DOGS HHHHOTTTT DOGGSSS!!!

Last edited:

Xevnick "No problem, Mr. Haverton!" Xevnick yelled as he hopped into his car, a 2017 Subaru WRX. It was his baby, bought after years of precious saving and back breaking labor. Mr. Haverton was one of Xev's normal clients. Apparently, he was an ex-vigilante at one point. That really interested Xevnick, or more so, it interested the Platinum side of him. The hero side. He placed the key into the ignition and started the car, pausing a moment just to hear the rumble of the engine. After a few seconds, he smiled and pulled out of the driveway, heading down the road. "Lunch time." He mumbled to himself, as he searched the buildings for a fine place to eat. After minutes of searching, he decided on his normal spot at a cafe. He pulled into parking and stopped the car, climbing out shortly after grabbing his wallet.

[border]

Kite Kessler
Kire had decided that he should retrace his steps to find the guy he met earlier. Though as he did not only did he find him but also a strange note written on a wall much below him.

"Well someone really loves hotdogs. But is that stuff... blood? Looks like we have creepy one on our hands," he said to himself.

D duegxybus Lappi Lappi

[/border]

Logan was minding his own business, typing away at his computer. It was honestly funny breaking through a diamond company's records which showed how they were using forced labor in Africa. Not to mention how he was transferring around a million dollars to himself with all of this being done by a bot-net. It was honestly hilarious and he was planning to upload the files online. "Sweet justice," he thought as he laid his feet on his table. However, a letter soon arrived at his front door. He opened it to see a letter from someone called Mr. A. This inteially freaked Logan out, wondering how he tracked him down. He immediately grabbed his things and walked to his car

Once he arrived at the location, he walked inside and soon sat down with the others, minding his own business
(Open)

[border]

Kite Kessler
Kire had decided that he should retrace his steps to find the guy he met earlier. Though as he did not only did he find him but also a strange note written on a wall much below him.

"Well someone really loves hotdogs. But is that stuff... blood? Looks like we have creepy one on our hands," he said to himself.

D duegxybus Lappi Lappi

[/border]
Maru Eckinger
Maru gave a 'wtf' look as the man ran off. He picked up his phone and looked at it. "Damn it, again."
Alie
them
Maru? Where the fuck did you go?
me
Alie, calm the hell down!
them
I was worried sick! I thought they got you!
Maru couldn't take this. He closed his phone and shoved it into his pocket. Rage built up in his mind as he walked past a man near the bus stop. He took a seat next to him, gave a small smile, and then looked back at the road. "My day is shit, if you're wondering by any chance sir-eh?"

His gaze went past the man and to the wall. Maru's own eyes widened as he peered closer. On the wall, there was a note, written in shining red. "S-Sir...did you w-write that...?"

I LIKE HOT DOGS VERY MUCH VERY VERY MUCH HOT DOGS HHHHOTTTT DOGGSSS!!!

Heartfield shook his head after hearing her talk too him for the second time. "No lady I didn't write that. And no it's not blood.... At least I don't think." He says unsure of himself he touches it and smells it... "What the fuck...." The blood slowly absorbs into his skin. One bad thing of his power was, like a plant, he asorbed any fluid he touches. "Yep it's blood. Now you guys have my attention. What do you want."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back