• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Heroes of the Everchanging World - Main

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Vortigern

Full_Portrait_Gunter.png
The knight sat at the table as he took in the surroundings and the other people, a colorful assortment of men and women. A handful few seemed to be warriors, some appeared to be mages, and a couple had looks that Vortigern did not know what to make from. Then there was Death herself, of course. A thin smile crept on his lips as the unbidden thought came that some of the other people gathered here were surprised with how small she was for someone who had - or was - so much power. He himself had been otherwise unruffled, once he'd managed to look past her apparent casualness.

Vortigern listened intently as Death provided exposition and information. "Ah. So this is going to be a strategic meeting. Well, this does bring back memories, doesn't it ?", he thought to himself, before focusing his mind onto the problem at hand. Death cared not how the situation was resolved, only that it was, and so they had a broad range of available means at their disposal. Theoretically. He did not yet know the capabilities of the rest of the group, and so refrained from pointless theorizing. After the first two introduced themselves - one who was a beast slayer and apparently did not know what a desert was and the other was a self-professed charlatan, which, if they weren't isolated cases, did not bode well for the success of this mission - Vortigern took his turn, his voice calm and stern, addressing first the gathered people, and then Death in particular.

"Hrm. Greetings everyone. I am Vortigern Lazarro, also called Deathless Vortigern and Knight of Black Iron. In terms of personal ability, I am incredibly resilient and endurant, as well as skilled in armored combat. On wider battlefields, I am also an expert in defensive sieges. Introductions aside... Milady, what scale of risk are we looking at ? Is only this particular world endangered, or the entire plane of existence ? And if it is the latter, should we proceed with the assumption that this specific world would be the locus of the collapse ?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher MisoraUni MisoraUni Xanto Xanto Xen6n Xen6n Tellussoil Tellussoil Osuka Osuka

Sanna

1641816957669.png
No, it would've made sense that smaller matters were of little to no importance to a deity of such high status and what their role entails. It may have even been unfair to ask about such things to a deity, but then again, she wouldn't know what she could glean until she asked, could she? She wouldn't even be able to fault the woman for her view of mortal lives. One way or another, every being that lived within that star and beyond would end up meeting her anyway, so it would have been of little import who they were and where they came from. It was the concern of mortals to attend to mortal affairs, and as her environment shifted to suddenly introduce her to a plethora of new folks, it was made known that their concern was moreso reality itself than normal Mortal matters. The first two to speak of the matter itself - let alone the strangely tall man who didn't know what a desert was - gave her starkly different impressions.

The first one to speak was the man who didn't know what a desert was. Given what he called himself, she expected his skills to be strictly around the matters of combat and perhaps survival, but gave little else to assume. Did the Auri exist in his world, or was he another from hers? The horns he had were quite like her own aside from hers being more curved than angular. The second gave her a little reason to be concerned. Aside from calling himself a charlatan, he called himself paltry. Usually in meetings where a group was going to work together, they'd at least attempt to make themselves seem useful and eschew words that could demean their place within the team. It was also how he spoke, but then again, she couldn't quite place her finger on it. It could be unwarranted and simply a cultural thing, so she'd have to ignore it for now. The third was Vortigern, a man who seemed to be quite capable even if he was in his later years and was apparently fine with sharing much of himself for a first meeting. Knighted, apparently of a higher station within his ranks before death, and reported to have the tactical intellect to back it up, he was quick to get straight to the point when it came to the wider picture as far as what failure in their given task could mean. For that matter, he had also brought up a more.... complicated issue that she hoped wouldn't be part of their task.

"For that matter, if it's not the only planet that is causing this problem, has the planet we will be visiting evolved their technology to the point they can travel through space?" She started, speaking to Death before she held up a hand to the group. "Sorry. I'm Sanna Fluorite. I do a bit of most things. Once we're made aware of the theories and discuss it at greater length, I think we should try to figure out which nations and kingdoms we should ally ourselves with so we can have delegation and adventuring teams that keep each other abreast of the situation. That way we have a plethora of sources of information that we can share among us while we work. We should also be informed if they have any forms of near-instant long-distance communication so we can utilize those as much as possible. At this point, as diverse as we probably are in how skills and such work, I'm not even sure it's likely we can disguise ourselves as natives, so whatever kingdoms we select should probably be those with open borders and forward-thinking policies."

What she had purposely omitted in her introduction was the majority of a standard introduction. Aside from the obvious fact that reality itself being under threat took more precedence, she didn't know just who she could trust at the moment. If they were all brought here for skill alone, their pasts may not have been heavily considered.... If in truth she felt that was exactly the case. Death didn't care just what they did to the People once their boots hit dirt by her own admittance, so long as the consistency of reality was preserved at the least or entirely righted. It meant there could have been individuals who wouldn't work in good faith, and could even use what they had gleaned from even this meeting against everyone else. No, she'd have to take time to figure out who best to share more with. A little dose of Paranoia had served Thancred and Urianger well, and she'd have to employ at least a modicum of the same if she was going to get by without the Scions.

She stayed seated - oddly enough in the air, as she folded her arms and kept her knees crossed, her eyes shifting from those around her to the projection of where they would be dropped, and she would keep quiet until something was directed at her. It'd be better to listen after speaking her piece to learn more about the group she'd be working with anyway. Actions spoke louder than words, and people spoke loudly enough anyway.

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher MisoraUni MisoraUni Xanto Xanto Xen6n Xen6n Tellussoil Tellussoil

c37408edf116e88bc8161c36bcd1ce68.jpg
image (1).png

When Mistress Death rolled her eyes and stated he could take care of himself on his own, he couldn't agree more. His father was barely in his life and when another being wanted to give him a purpose in his life, he then wanted to intervene. Dreavyn wasn't gonna have that, whether his father liked it or not. "Fine, I don't care what he does anyway, just don't get yourself killed again you weakling", Dormammu remarked with a condescending sneer before exiting Mistress Death's dimension in a dark portal. "Bipolar much", Dreavyn said when Dormammu left.

When Mistress Death turned to him and asked if he was ready, he nodded, "Sure, let's go", and hung his Sling Ring on the belt of his blue sorcerer garb.
19b559e5f41539a802560ffd53a63f2a.jpg

Dreavyn was quite curious as to who he'll be working with, the others probably were as capable or more capable than him if they were to save this world's reality. When he was transported to the room with everyone else, he observed his surroundings to be of a more modern meeting room back at his Earth, though he lived most of his life in Kamar-Taj, he would often visit the other Sanctums that were located throughout the planet and see the many cities they dwelled in. Examining the others as he floated, as if gravity was nonexistent in the room, he could see that most were dressed in medieval attire and some seem to be warriors of some kind, there was an alien-like being and even a demon. When Mistress Death spoke about the problem we had to solve and the location we were going to be dropped off, he had a few questions he wanted to be answered.

The first to introduce themselves was a beast slayer and hunter who asked what a desert was, the question was unexpected and a smirk appeared on his face, though the beast slayer's question might give the others a different impression of them, Dreavyn smiled at Kendrick's oblivious nature to it. From the looks of it, Kendrick might not come from a place where deserts exist or he didn't know it existed. Looking over to the next person who snickered at Kendrick's question, he introduced himself as Hyacinth, at first how he described himself made Dreavyn question why Mistress Death picked him but Dreavyn had a feeling that Hyacinth had more to him than he told. Another person spoke up and from what he heard, he was probably a knight of high ranking in his universe and very versed in combat, defense and strategy, which will be very valuable in their venturing throughout this planet. The fourth individual who presented themselves was another person he assumed were of warrior status but they didn't say more about themselves, which he understood but if they wanted to save this world's reality from collapsing on itself, they need to at least have a level of trust towards each other because none of us alone can fix this world's problem on our own in the required time. But nevertheless, they indeed shared some interesting topics to be taken into action if they wanted to succeed, so he nodded at her suggestions.

Looking around to see if anyone else would introduce themselves, he took his chance, using his husky and gravelly voice, he addressed himself and the question he had for Mistress Death.

"I am Dreavyn Vaughn, derived from the Dark Dimension, I'm an extra-dimensional being adept and intuitive in magic. For what I am mainly capable of, well without getting into too much detail, I can draw upon the forces of other dimensions outside of this known universe to cast spells and appeal to or invoke god-like, otherworldly entities of mystical and non-mystical nature that bestow me great power to use for a variety of ways. Outside of magic, I'm very versed and possess mastery in most, if not all, forms of combat and weapon usage. So for the questions I have, does the collapse of reality affect this entire universe or just the planet itself? Also, are there other people in the world that know of this anomaly? And lastly, can it be that there is some cosmic imbalance that is occurring?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher MisoraUni MisoraUni Xanto Xanto Tellussoil Tellussoil Osuka Osuka

Last edited:
7vcNEn4.jpg
Dr. Agatha Viluenze
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The screaming, the taste of dust in the air. It was hell at what was left of the field hospital after the bombardment. Those still breathing and able to were desperately trying to escape or try to save as many people as they could. This included Agatha. She wasn’t unscathed by the bombardment, far from. She took quite a hit when the bombs exploded. but that was far from enough to make her back down. She has been busy stabilizing victims so they weren’t in immediate danger anymore so they could be moved. Fair to say she had already saved many lives on that day. but the damage of the bombardment was rapidly starting to catch up to her as the initial rush of adrenaline started to mellow out. Her head was pounding and she felt the pain throughout her body. She had most likely broken a few ribs and the stinging pain on her left side told her that she was wounded. She was just done placing a tourniquet on a soldier’s leg so it could be amputated when her legs suddenly gave in and she crashed to the ground. Everything was so bright, everything looked like a blur to her. the sounds, muffled and sounding far off. She was able to reach her side to feel it was warm and wet. She had been bleeding from the wound which was hardly visible due to her black combat doctor robes. Breathing became difficult as she struggled to cling to conscience. She tried to gather all her strength to scream. but nothing came out. All she could perceive was hearing the sound of her heart in her head as it slowed down till it stopped and she blew out her last breath.

And then there was silence. no more sound, no more pain. So this was how death felt? Not as bad as she expected. but enough with this stagnation. It was getting boring. Agatha opened her eyes to be greeted by a blighting bright light. She quickly held her hand before her eyes to shield them from the light. It took a moment for her eyes to adjust a bit to the light when she noticed a person being there. That would have to be Thanamort to guide her to whatever is on the other side. Only this person was nothing like the depictions she had seen in books and temples. The person before her was a purple-haired girl. What in Conscienta’s name was going on? How, why did this girl have coloured hair? Who was this sassy lost child anyway?
The girl then introduced herself as “lady Death” and offered the doctor a chance to continue her life in another world. "well well. Isn’t this a surprise? to be honest I expected to be greeted by a man, no offence to you of course" Agatha said before taking a moment to think about the offer she has just been given. There was little to think about because she already knew what her heart desired, which her head agreed with.

"That is quite an offer you make there Miss Death. One I am more than happy to take you up upon… And don’t question it. I know what I’m getting myself into" She said with confidence. She lived and died intending to help people with her knowledge and skill. Why would she deny the chance to defy death to continue with it? alas, it is in a different world But that is but a minor inconvenience. To answer the question of Death about what she wanted to bring along to this new world Agatha needed a moment to think carefully. There were options there. Her world had a plethora of different races and creatures. each with their own cultures and uses. but also dangers. Some beings might work well in her world. but with others also bringing creatures from their realm, there is a real chance for conflict if she would bring certain beings. "As for my contribution… It would be an insult to my makers if I were to abandon the flesh they gave me… So I wish to remain what I am. And for that, I would bring my people, The Strigoi, into this world. And to accommodate them my choice of land will be the forest I grew up in, Dunkelwald. so I know they have at least one place where they can be safe… then comes the beasts… keeping in mind the customs of my people it is wise to bring into this world the Corvovarius, Nocturnal scavengers and eyes of the night sister… and the Treants. Guardians of nature and sentinels of Nature mother... as for the last… … let’s go with those bright firebugs… Sollabas… They can be useful… and their light is soothing to the eyes" Were those the right choices? to bring her cursed kind to another world? There is no going back on it now. This is what it is. The rest is up to the deities to guide. There was but one thing she still had to decide on. What ability would she request from Death? There are more than enough interesting and powerful things she could ask. but with such power comes responsibilities. Using power without knowledge or control is asking for trouble. but power is so tempting. Let’s ask for a power of which she knew. Control can be learned. "Now I wish to request for my ability the ability to control blood, blood magic if this new world would have such a concept" for but a moment there was a crack in the doctor’s normally stoic look to flash a little bit of giddy excitement at the thought of being able to cast magic.

With all formalities out of the way, with a bright flash, Agatha was transported to where the rest of the “heroes” were and Death started her briefing. Agatha took a glance around the room to see who these other heroes would be. looks like a rag-tag bunch of different creatures. She didn’t know how to feel about that. Well, one thing she felt was curiosity. how would their blood taste? especially of those more exotic looking beings present. but that will be something to find out in due time. Now was time to strategize. Death explained the gist of what was to be expected. they were to be sent to an unstable reality on the brink of collapsing and the mission was to save it by any means necessary. remarkable how heartless Death looks to be as she showed no concern to anything living in that world, just that it is fixed. It is worrisome, to say the least, because that most likely means she chose her champions with the same sentiment. So there is no guarantee that everyone present would be in it for the “greater good”. best to stay vigilant and determine who can and who can't be trusted.

When Death presented the location they would be dropped Agatha had to let out a sigh of utter annoyance. Of all the biomes she could drop them in it had to be a flipping desert. She already could feel a heat stroke coming up just thinking about it.
And then the introduction started. first up was some brute who called himself a beast slayer but didn’t know what a desert was. It was almost too embarrassing to watch how someone could be that simple. Next was an uncanny guy calling himself a paltry scholar and charlatan. translation: Clown. What could be said about him? He looks shifty and he even announced to be someone who it’s best not to trust. Next up was a knight who introduced himself as Vortigern. He was a knight if she ever saw one. given how out of date plate armour was and how armour development in her world had already made plate obsolete in real combat and was only used anymore for ceremonial occasions. He claimed to be a defensive expert. a useful person to have indeed. Next up was another exotic looking woman. Agatha could not decide if this woman had aspects of lizards or some aquatic creature. not that it mattered. She also seems to be a fighter. although not as heavily armoured as the knight. It was hard to get a reading of her as she didn’t give much of an introduction and was quick to get to the point. admirable or an attempt to not have to talk about herself? She’ll need to keep an eye on that one.
The next to introduce himself was a gruff looking man who was wearing a way too gaudy looking bathrobe. Taken from his introduction this man, Draevyn, was a dark mage with the ability to use interdimensional powers. Impressive to say the least. Not that Agatha would understand anything related to magical powers and such as her world lacked any trace of that. but still, it sounded impressive.

"well then." Agatha stood up for what it was worth in this weightless state "I am Doctor Agatha Viluenze. Professor at Valeditunarim university for what that title is still worth specializing in Clinical and haematological sciences with training in the practical applications of my studies in the field… It’s… a pleasure to meet you all" She said with a slight hint of arrogance in her voice as she placed her arm over her chest and bowed slightly her head. "Now for my questions. As I’m quite sure little miss Death here would have asked all of us for a few… things we would want to bring along to this new world. Now my question is. do these choices already appear in the world and if so to what degree can we expect their influence?" Agatha asked, placing her hand on her chin while glancing at Lady Death from the corner of her eye. "And lastly I have a request if not a suggestion. If it is in your capability and willingness could you let us enter at night? How much I despise the desert. During the night the temperature is more manageable for those who are not used to high temperatures or just sunlight in general" Agatha turned her head to face Death awaiting her answers.

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher MisoraUni MisoraUni Xanto Xanto Osuka Osuka Xen6n Xen6n

-colorrr.jpg

Ki’ Liome Sakelri
⸺ ◇ ⸻ »»————- ◇◇ ✼ ◇◇ ————-«« ⸻ ◇ ⸺​

After the first of the 4 people, Ki’ Liome included, met eachother, they were then shifted into a room with a large long table that had a hologram image displayed in the middle. Rather than the appearance of the room, Ki’s attention was brought to the hologram, she saw it flashing slightly in a light blue color at first and had to step into a spot where a chair was. She preferred not to sit and pushed the chair back, then leaned in closer to see the hologram which was showing a desert. While she was doing this, the others were introducing themselves, of which she did in fact pay attention to, however she never looked into their directions as they were talking. She was much too fascinated of the hologram to look away. Is this a similar technology to what we have back on my planet? Ki’ Liome didn’t think she’d see something that would remind her of her homeland in this domain so it surprised her.

Ki’ Liome examined every bit of the 3D rendering of the desert that they were shown. She spent a minute ingraining the terrain into her memory. A few moments later, a woman who introduced herself as Agatha inquired if it would be possible to arrive to this desert at night. Ki’ Liome diverted her gaze to Agatha for a moment and then to Lady Death. She then figured it would be a good time to introduce herself to the others. She couldn’t see them very well since the area was still bright, albeit not the same blinding white from before. Ki’ Liome stood back up straight, she then clasped her hands together behind her back before speaking or rather, communicating through her mind. “Hello to all of you.” Since she couldn’t see very well at the moment, she stuck to looking at the hologram while speaking. “The name I go by is Ki’ Liome Sakelri, you are all free to just call me Ki’ Liome though. I am what you call an assassin. Masterful at the art of killing living beings silently, quickly, and without a trace.” The other’s who haven't experienced her voice before would notice that her voice didn’t echo nor carry through the room because they were each individually hearing it inside their heads. “Another thing to note about me is, even if there is no form of fast paced communication, my telepathy should be able to suffice upon starting our journey. I can set up a telepathic link so that we can communicate with each other from a decent distance away. The range isn’t infinite though.” She stated while turning to the one (Sanna) who made an inquiry regarding distanced communication.

Ki’ Liome then turned to Lady Death. “I would also prefer if we could arrive in a night setting. If you can allow us to go in at night, it is greatly appreciated. However, if you can’t allow it, I understand.” There wasn’t anything else that particularly stood out to Ki to question about so she turned her head back to face the hologram to wait for others to introduce themselves and for Lady Death to answer their questions.

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻
Interactions: Deathkitten Deathkitten | Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon | Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne | Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher | Tellussoil Tellussoil | Xen6n Xen6n | Xanto Xanto | Osuka Osuka

9NXSyYo.jpg

GdrIG4z.png

6W6hgvF.png
There was much more Tyrael could say to explain his powers as well as questions he could ask everyone else, but soon Lady Death finally gathered everyone who was suppose to save this world. None whom he recognize in the slightest, but that was expected. She did ask Tyrael to assume his normal form, but to Tyrael his current form was his normal one. The nature of a shapeshifter was knowing that their ability to be anyone enables them to look however they wish. Their true form was limited only by their whimsy. And right now, Tyrael wanted to make this old man appearance his true form for now, if only to keep others at ease. He knows all too well how people can judge him on appearance alone, and he'd prefer to make a neutral impression on strangers than have them assume his nature or intention simply for his demonic appearances. He only wishes to be judged by his deeds and words.

It was then that everyone began to introduce themselves to the full group. Some he already knew, but others who just joined Tyrael now learned their names. When it was his turn to make introductions he stood and spoke. "I am Tyrael Marchrosias. I am a daemon smith, which is the art of infusion esoteric materials and spiritual being into objects. I also have a lifetime of experience in a multitude of subjects, such as magic, governing, and occasionally warcraft. I would prefer however if we could keep trouble to a minimum, if this world we will be saving is already endanger. The last thing we need to do is make the situation worse." As for the matter of questions, Tyrael wasn't sure what he could ask he didn't already say before. Suppose now all he could do was make requests, though he was curious about something related to his powers. "Lady Death, for some of us who evoke otherworldly beings for our magic would such things work here? Would we be able to call forth the power of foreign gods, summon creatures from outside this realm, or will we not have their power in this new realm? Considering the land we'll be going into is likely vastly different from my own, I just want to ensure my magic powers work here. They do rely on contacting various spirits and entities, but without them I am at a considerable disadvantage."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back