• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Heroes of Plaethera (OOC Thread)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Redfork2000

The Red One
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
This is the thread dedicated to OOC chat for the roleplay Heroes of Plaethera. If you want to talk to the other roleplayers, ask questions, or just have fun, this is the place to do so. Remember to follow the site rules, and to be respectful to everyone.

I will be making a separate thread for lore soon enough. If you'd like learn more about the world of Plaethera, that'll be the place to go to.

I had a question pertaining to powers, and I apologise if it was previously mentioned. If I wanted to have statistically weaker or less powers, can one strengthen the super multiplier so that there would be heavier focus on super power? How high is too high for a multiplier, as the base is 1? I am assuming that a multiplier of 2 would break the game as a starter.

I had a question pertaining to powers, and I apologise if it was previously mentioned. If I wanted to have statistically weaker or less powers, can one strengthen the super multiplier so that there would be heavier focus on super power? How high is too high for a multiplier, as the base is 1? I am assuming that a multiplier of 2 would break the game as a starter.
Yes, you could have a better multiplier and balance it out with weaker moves. The number of normal moves will always be four though, but you can make them weaker if you want a better emphasis on Super Powers.

A multiplier of 2 would definitely be very powerful. I'd only allow a multiplier of 2 if you were to make a weaker Super Move, in that case being able to charge it quickly wouldn't be overpowered. But if you're considering havnig a Super Move that's about as powerful as everyone else's, I think the highest multiplier I could allow would be something like 1.5 or 1.6, and that would have to be balanced by weaknesses in other areas, such as weaker normal moves, or lower health and defense.

Balance definitely seems like it is key, and I like this approach. Glass cannons would be very interesting and fun in this game. I will see what I can do to fit one into my roster. Thank you very much! I am enjoying this as much as the first RP I joined like this and I haven't even gotten started yet! So many ideas.

Balance definitely seems like it is key, and I like this approach. Glass cannons would be very interesting and fun in this game. I will see what I can do to fit one into my roster. Thank you very much! I am enjoying this as much as the first RP I joined like this and I haven't even gotten started yet! So many ideas.
I'm glad you're enjoying it. I feel like it's a lot of fun when one gets full control to customize their characters' stats and movesets as one pleases, and well, I'm here to help make sure no character is too overpowered or underpowered.

I'm making my characters, so hopefully that will give you some guidelines of how you can make yours.

I am here, and I hope to be making my own in time... after yours are done, probably, so I have a reference of what to do.

I'll probably only have one character (undecided right now - possibly two), but I wanna work from a prompt as I said.

Don't mind if you give me one or if I am to search for it myself.

Last edited:
I am here, and I hope to be making my own in time... after yours are done, probably, so I have a reference of what to do.

I'll probably only have one character (undecided right now - possibly two), but I wanna work from a prompt as I said.

Don't mind if you give me one or if I am to search for it myself.
Oh, a prompt, hm? Not sure what kind of prompt I should provide.

Oh, a prompt, hm? Not sure what kind of prompt I should provide.
To be fair though, you don't have to if you don't want to - I could just find one myself really. I thought it'd be an idea to 'see' what you'd want.

Though, again. If nothing comes of it, I'll just think of something myself altogether anyways.

Last edited:
To be fair though, you don't have to if you don't want to - I could just find one myself really. I thought it'd be an idea to 'see' what you'd want.
Well, there's a few play styles I think might work for you:

-Last time you joined one of my RPs, you made a character whose playstyle was all about the Sleep status effect. This time there's already an established Sleep status effect, so maybe that could be a viable idea.

-We don't have any very tanky characters yet, so a good tank might be a good idea. They would need to have high health and defense, and perhaps to compensate, their Super Meter fills up much slower than normal. So it's more of a wall character, who would be good at taking damage and outlasting opponents.

-There could be a support character who mainly serves by giving allies positive status effects and purifying them from negative ones. They could also give negative effects to enemies like Defense Down or Paralysis.

A good idea could be to see what characters there are, and try to design characters in a way that they might synergize well with the other characters.

Hm... So I could probably fill in two of those at once, mainly about their role of either a tank or a support. I could definitely do the former, however. Hooray for more status-based gimmicks!

For my character concept, I can possibly play the role of synergist and saboteur with strong buffs and debuffs at the cost of a slow Super Move modifier and lower health pool and defense. Having others rip through defenses and be defended themselves while I cling to their coattails? *chef finger kiss*.

Also, am I right in thinking that this will be an all-human cast? Are there other species/races out there, like lizardfolk?

For my character concept, I can possibly play the role of synergist and saboteur with strong buffs and debuffs at the cost of a slow Super Move modifier and lower health pool and defense. Having others rip through defenses and be defended themselves while I cling to their coattails? *chef finger kiss*.

Also, am I right in thinking that this will be an all-human cast? Are there other species/races out there, like lizardfolk?
Sounds great! Remember you can make up to three different characters, so that when the character you're using dies in a battle, you can use another one in their place.

Yeah, it's all human cast. Though they're very diverse, depending on where they were born and grew up. I'll make a page on lore soon so you can see what I mean.

Though it's a mostly medieval setting, there's some hints of modern technology around as well, so I feel that perhaps some kind of robotic being wouldn't be too out of place.

Alright, there's your sleepyhead, as brought to my attention. I hope she's not too strong after more than two years in dormancy. ^.^

Thanny said:
Oh my gosh, I love her already. This is a clever usage of sleep, in my opinion.
I did this literally over two years ago, in an 'older' version of this lmao, figured why not do it again. Red suggested it, and so I delivered.

Back then sleep didn't exist as a status until I introduced it and it healed 20% instead.

Also stats were lower than they are here, so.

Last edited:
Very cool! Also, sorry, Red. That was the wrong thread for my commentary, but I have fixed it now. Now, it is time to attempt to make something pretty wizard for my own character in response.

Hey now, I was gonna make a character with a sleep-status related gimmick! You can't steal that idea you did before me!

It's alright though, I came up with an even more gimmicky build. I, uh...hope it's interesting.
The early bird gets the worm, fella.

...Oh god he's a debuffing machine, alright, one for one it is. Time to come up with something else ig.

Good mooorniiiing-!

I put in my second character as I said I might. Though I may have been forbidden from the role of debuffing machine, I decided to instead to seize the power of status effects myself and turn their own existence into more of a means for advantage! Because I could.

...Oh god he's a debuffing machine, alright, one for one it is. Time to come up with something else ig.
Well, he's supposed to be a debuffing machine / buffing machine hybrid and I may rearrange some abilities to reflect that, but yeah, early bird gets the worm I guess.

In the interest of preventing future creative conflicts, I'll go ahead and say I've also been dwelling on a build that loses HP each turn but heals when attacking enemies.

Well unless I end up losing one of my duo (for now) I won't be making anything else, so yeah go nuts.

BoltBeam BoltBeam QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE Thanny Thanny JDizzle383 JDizzle383

I'm so glad to see how quickly everything is flowing. Soon we'll be ready to start the game!

I checked QuickSmasherEXE's character, and I really love the playstyle this character has. The character stats themselves are pretty well-balanced, it just needs a minor tweak. I think once this character is balanced and approved, we'll have enough characters to begin the game!

I haven't heard anything from JDizzle383 though. If there's still no sign of them by the time QuickSmasherEXE's character is approved, well, we'll start the game with the characters that have already been submitted.

I checked QuickSmasherEXE's character, and I really love the playstyle this character has. The character stats themselves are pretty well-balanced, it just needs a minor tweak. I think once this character is balanced and approved, we'll have enough characters to begin the game!
iu

I'm always glad to produce something unique and interesting. Hopefully I don't drag out the approval process for too long.

I apologize... job is job, 'nuff said.

So pardon my ignorance but I have never been in a dice RP.

Am I supposed to just make a character like in a normal RP but with a "Core moveset list" sort of dynamic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back