• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Redfork2000

The Red One
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
ARE YOU READY FOR ADVENTURE?
I - A BIT OF HISTORY
The realm of Plaethera is a large one, full of very diverse lands and places to explore. From the freezing tundra of Crygos, the thick rainforests of Pattar, the vast, scorching deserts of Azaria, the rocky mountains of Kalpania, and much more. Not only is this world a home to some of the most diverse and breathtaking landscapes, but it's also home to a lot of civilizations, that have thrived across the realm, founding large cities and prosperous empires.

The population of Plaethera is vastly diverse among the realm, with people of all walks of life, diverse histories and homes. But across the entirety of Plaethera's population, there's a small percentage of the population who is born with a unique trait, an essence.

You see, it's common knowledge that every living being in Plaethera has a certain amount of life force, which is the energy it uses to live, move, and perform different actions. The life force of every individual is different, and as such, their abilities and skills are different. Each individual has their own distinct type of life force, a different type of energy that's unique to them, and allows them to be themselves and interact with their world in their own way.

Some people are born with a stronger life force than others, powerful enough to allow them to manifest their life force in ways that others can't. For example, someone who has a unique life force may be able to use their own energy to generate fire, or to propulse themselves into the air, or to accelerate their bodies to move at higher speeds. Exactly how these unique life force abilities work is still a mystery to the general population, but there's different people working in some research centers across the realm trying to figure out how these life force abilities work.

People born with this uniquely powerful life force are known as Supers, and they are a never ending topic among the habitants of the realm. You see, some of them are benevolent, and use their unique abilities to protect others, but others aren't as kind, and use their abilities for pursuits fueled by greed, malice, cruelty and selfishness. So among the populace there's a very strong controversy about the Supers. Some people fear them, others believe they're the only people who can bring peace to the world, others distrust them, believing they all have selfish intentions, and some are mostly neutral about them. One thing is true though, and it's that Supers are a very important part of Plaethera's history, and many of the wars that have been fought among different civilizations have had Supers are some of the key players.

II - YOUR STORY
So what does all of this mean to you? Well, my good friend, you are a Super in the Realm of Plaethera! But not only that, you have been summoned! You have received a message by none other than King Aurum, the ruler of the vast and prosperous kingdom of Emeryon. He's looking for a team of powerful heroes to help protect the kingdom from a treacherous threat that has arisen, and you've been chosen as part of the team! Join your new allies as you go out on a quest to save the kingdom from disaster! Travel across the realm, fighting against powerful adversaries, gaining experiences, building bonds with your allies, and become a hero! What are you waiting for? Let's get started!

III - HOW WILL THE RP WORK?

Well, as you can see, this was posted in the dice roleplay section, so you can be sure you'll get the classic RPG action you'd expect from a dice RP. If you're looking forward to intense combats, and using your abilities to prevail along with your allies, this is the RP for you!

So, what system will this RP use? Well, first I want to tell you that I'm going to be using a combat system I've designed myself. It's very similar to a system I've actually used in a past dice RP I did on this site a couple of years ago, only this time it will include dice rolls as well!

So what will the system look like? Well, here's an outline of what character stats will look like in this RP:

-Health: This number indicates how much damage a character can take before he or she is defeated.
-Defense: When a character is attacked by an enemy, the amount of defense is substracted from the initial attack power. For example, if an enemy attacks your character with a move that does 20 damage, and your character has 5 defense, then your character will only take 15 damage.
-Moves: Each character has four different moves at their disposal. Moves can deal damage to an enemy, can afflict them with negative effects, can buff allies with positive effects, heal allies, and much more! In each turn, you must choose one move for your character to use.
-Super Move: Your super move is a special move that can only be used once your Super Meter is full. A Super Move will be much powerful than one of your regular moves, but once you use your super move, your Super Meter will go back to 0.
-Passive Ability: Each character has a passive ability. A passive ability is a small modifier that will be in effect as long as this character is in play. For example, a healing character might have a passive ability that says "All allies are healed by 5 at the end of each turn", or a more aggressive character might have a passive ability that says: "All moves done by allies do +5 more damage".
-Super Meter: Your character's Super Meter is charged as he or she participates in the battle. It is charged whenever he or she attacks, or is hit by an attack. It is charged even further if your character defeats an enemy. When your Super Meter is full, your character can use his or her Super Move.

This system also includes a wide variety of effects that characters can be affected with. There are positive effects and negative effects, but I'll probably make a separate page to explain those. In that page I'll also explain the mechanics even further, in case anyone would like to know more. I assure you, it's all very simple and easy to understand.

Furthermore, the roleplay will be divided into chapters. Every chapter will take place in a new location, will progress the story further, and at the end of each chapter you will fight a sort of "boss". Furthermore, the main play of the RP will be divided in three sections I'll explain briefly:

-Cutscene: This section involves zero combat. It's all character interactions.

-Battle: Just like the name suggests, this is when you get to fight enemies! For every battle your character participates in and survives, he/she will gain experience at the end of the battle. If your character wins enough experience, he/she can be leveled up! If your character is defeated in battle, do not worry! You can either introduce a new character to join the group, or you can have the same character be revived in the end of the current chapter.

-Store: This section is when your character can buy objects that can help them in battle. You can buy objects with the gold you win during battles.

IV - REQUIREMENTS

-As always, RPNation rules apply.

-Please post everything in the correct thread. What I mean is, no character sheets in the OOC thread, no OOC chat in the IC thread, etc.

-You must be active in the RP. Daily replying would be ideal, but at least two or three times per week would be a reasonable minimum.

-In character creation you will be given more freedom to choose your character's stats than most other RPs offer. However, do not use this to make an OP character. In any case, I'll help you to balance your character if he/she seems too overpowered or underpowered.

-You will be allowed to create a maximum of three characters. At the beginning of each chapter, you will be able to choose which of the three you will use during battles. If your character dies, you can no longer use them, but you can switch to one of your other characters instead. At the end of a chapter you may revive one of your dead characters.

I think that's all I have to say for now. If you're interested or if you have any questions, feel free to comment here, or message me, whichever works for you. If there's enough people interested, I'll make an OOC thread and a character creation thread.

ARE YOU READY FOR ADVENTURE?
I'm ready.

So, what system will this RP use? Well, first I want to tell you that I'm going to be using a combat system I've designed myself. It's very similar to a system I've actually used in a past dice RP I did on this site a couple of years ago, only this time it will include dice rolls as well!
So, this is also playtesting, sort of? Sounds interesting, I'd like to hear more about the system you've put together.

LET'S DO THIS!

I'm in, love me an RPG once upon a time...

But as said literally just above, just how will this system work?

"Well, slap my knee and call me Shirley!" That is what I would say if I had knees and wanted to be called Shirley. I have not been in a stat-based roleplay since I have first gotten into roleplaying, and you can definitely consider me interested, potentially with a sacrificial healing and guardian build if the game's mechanics allow.

I look forward to seeing more on this!

I'm ready
So, this is also playtesting, sort of? Sounds interesting, I'd like to hear more about the system you've put together.
I guess you could say so. This system is an improved version of a system I used in a past roleplay. My original system didn't include dice rolls, but I've decided to include them this time around, since I do feel like a bit of RNG will definitely add more complexity to the gameplay.

So, I did mention the different stats that will be part of the RP: Health, Defense, Moves, Super Moves, Passive Abilities and Super Meter. If you'd like to know a bit more about the system, I'll explain it a bit further.

Ok, so as I explained, each character will have four moves at their disposal. Think of them like moves in Pokemon, for example. In a turn, each character in battle gets to use one of their moves. As mentioned, these moves can deal damage to an opponent, increase an ally's stats, afflict the enemy with a negative effect, etc.

For RNG purposes, I'll be using two types of dice: 10 and 100.

The 10 sided dice will be used when calculating attack damage. When you create a character, you get to decide everything: their stats, their moves, their massive abilities, everything. So while there aren't classes like Knights, Mages or Rogues, you can still design a character so that they play like your favorite RPG class.

Most attacks that deal damage will include a dice roll to add a bit of RNG to the final attack amount. For example, let's say you have an attack that does 15 damage + 1d. This means that when this attack is performed, a 10 dice will be rolled, and the total amount of damage the attack will do will be 15, plus what the dice rolled. So if you rolled a 6, for example, then the attack would do 21 damage.

Defense substracts the damage you take. For example, if an enemy does that 21 damage to your character, then if your character has, for example, 5 defense, then 5 will be substracted from their damage output, and your character would take 16 damage instead.

The 100 sided dice will come into play when it comes to different things that have a percentage probability to occur. For example, suppose you have a move that does damage, and has a 25% chance to inflict the target with a negative effect, for example, poison. In that case, the 100 sided dice will be rolled. If the number rolled is equal or less than the probability of that event occuring, then it will occur. For example, if your attack has a 25% chance of poisoning the target, then the target will only be poisoned if the roll was equal or less than 25. So rolling 36, 64 or 77 won't inflict the opponent with poison, but rolling 16, 7 or 25 will.

When it comes to different status effects, there's positive ones and negative ones. They can stack, which means a character can be affected by multiple status effects at once. Each status effects lasts for a different amount of turns, which is usually specified in the move that causes them. I'll give a brief description of some of the status effects that there are:

Positive:

-Heal: Very straightforward. The character's current health is increased. However, healing can't increase a character's health above their maximum health.

-Power Up: It will increase the character's damage output for a given number of turns. For example, if you have a move that says "Give all allies Power Up 3 for 3 turns", that means that during three turns, all of your allies will have 3 added to their total attacks.

-Defense Up: Increases the character's defense for a given number of turns. For example, if you have a move that says "Gives an ally Defense Up 5 for 3 turns", that means that during three turns, that ally will have 5 more defense than usual. This means they will be taking significantly less damage from enemy attacks.

-Purify: Cures an ally from all negative effects, like Poison, Burn, Freeze, Sleep, Defense Down, etc.

Negative:

-Power Down: The opposite of Power Up, it will decrease the character's damage output for a given number of turns. For example, if an enemy hits you with a move that says "Inflicts a target with Power Down 5 for 2 turns", that means that during two turns, your character will have 5 substracted from their total damage output.

-Defense Down: The opposite of Defense Up. It will decrease a character's defense for a given number of turns. This effect is specially useful against enemies that have very high defense, as it makes them more vulnerable to being damaged.

-Poison: A character afflicted with Poison will lose a certain amount of health each turn. The amount of health lost per turn is specified in the move that causes the effect, and is deducted regardless of defense. For example, a character that's afflicted with "Poison 5 for 5 turns", will lose 5 health per turn, regardless of how much defense they have.

-Burn: A character afflicted with Burn will lose a certain amount of health each turn, similar to Poison. The amount of health lost per turn is specified in the move that causes the effect, and is deducted regardless of defense. For example, a character that's afflicted with "Burn 5 for 5 turns", will lose 5 health per turn, regardless of how much defense they have.

-Freeze: A character afflicted with Freeze will be unable to move for a certain amount of turns. For example, a characters that's hit with a move that says "Inflict Freeze for 2 turns" will be unable to move for two turns. Note that the character can be freed earlier if they are purified by an ally, or hit by any move that inflicts the Burn status effect.

-Paralyze: A character afflicted with Paralyze will have a 50% chance of being unable to move. When a character is paralyzed, a 100 die will be rolled for them. If the die rolls 50 or less, the character will be unable to move that turn. The amount of turns this paralysis lasts will be specified in the move that causes the effect.

-Sleep: A character afflicted with Sleep will be unable to move until they wake up, which they have a 50% chance of doing each turn. When a character is fast asleep, a 100 die will be rolled for them. If the die rolls 50 or less, then they will wake up, and be able to move for that turn. If the die rolls 51 or more, they will remain asleep. However, for each turn a character is asleep, they will be healed by a 5% of their max health.

Those are the main status effects we'll be using during the roleplay. As I mentioned, a character can be affected by multiple status effects at once, but I'll be the one keeping track of each character's status during battle.

So during a battle, moves will be done by turns. In a turn, every unit that's in battle gets to use one move. Once every player character has done a move, I will then also show what moves the non-player characters do, and then, the action will occur. The player moves will be done in the order they were posted. After all the player moves, the enemies will move in the order they are listed. After each turn, I will present a status chart where you will be able to see the current health, defense, and status effects of every unit that's in combat, both allies and enemies.

The Super Meter is a meter that will be charged everytime your character does something in battle. In general, a character's Super Meter will be charged by 10% every time they attack an enemy, and 10% every time they are attacked by an enemy. If your character defeats an enemy with their attack, then their meter will be charged by 20% instead of 10%.

Some characters will have custom multipliers that affect how fast their Super Meter is charged. For example, if a character has a x1.5 multiplier, then they will earn 15% every time they attack or are attacked, and defeating an enemy will give them 30% instead of 10%. Usually these characters will have a certain justification for why their Super Meter charges faster or slower than normal. Generally, the stronger a character's Super Move is, the slower their Super Meter will charge, and viceversa.

Finally, each character has a Passive Ability. This is a modifier that will always be in effect as long as that character is in battle. For example, a character may have a passive ability that says "All allies are healed by 3 at the end of each turn", or "All allies deal 3 more damage", or perhaps even "all attacks that can inflict Poison are +10% more likely to inflict it". This will be taken into account when I calculate the moves. Be creative, and don't worry about having to calculate everything. I'll be the one taking care of calculating every move that is played. Once everyone has played their move, I will not only play them out, but I'll also show the calculations that were done to reach those results, in case any of you would like to see them.

Balance is vital when creating characters. You can't make a character who has strong moves, a lot of health, a lot of defense, a powerful Super Move, and a fast charging Super Meter. A good character will be strong in some areas, and weak in others. For example, maybe your character has very powerful moves, but maybe they have low defense, so they're not good at tanking damage. Maybe a character has a lot of moves that deal different status effects, but doesn't have good moves that do a lot of damage. Maybe your character has a quickly charging Super Meter, but maybe their normal moves aren't all that spectacular. Balance is the key.

You are given a lot of freedom with how you will customize your character, as I feel that it is a lot more fun to fully customize how you want your character to play. When you have submitted your character sheet, I will read through it, and will help you balance the character if they seem too overpowered or too underpowered. This way we can prevent one character from being too strong and making the others pointless, and we can prevent a character from being too weak and thus being unable to contribute to the battles.

Oh yes! At the end of each battle, every character that has survived will receive experience points and gold, proportional to their contributions in the battle. When a character gains enough experience points, they will level up. When a character is leveled up, they will see an improvement of their stats across the board. They will have more health, and some of their moves will become more powerful. If a character dies in a battle, they will lose all their experience points, but will remain at the level they were when they died. They will also lose all the gold they were holding at the moment.

Gold can be used to buy items at shops. Each character has an inventory where they can keep their items with them. Items can be used during battles instead of playing a move. For example, if a character is low on health, they can choose to use a potion to heal themselves. Items are also lost when a character dies.

The mechanic of character death will be unique in this RP. You see, each roleplayer is encouraged to make more than one character. They are allowed to make up to three characters. You see, the roleplay will be played by "Chapters". At the beginning of each chapter, you can choose which of your characters you want to use in battle. During cutscenes out of battle, you can have all your characters participate, but in battle, you can only use the character you selected.

If your character dies, don't worry! You can choose another of your characters to take their place for the rest of the chapter. While you will lose the gold and items the dead character was holding, the other character comes in with full health. This means they would play almost like having multiple lives. At the end of a chapter, if you have one or more dead characters, you can choose to revive one of them. This mechanic is intended so that no player is forced to sit and watch when their character has died. The only moment when you will be unable to continue participating is if all three of your characters are dead. In that case, you'd have to wait until the end of the chapter, and then revive one of your characters. This mechanic also adds a bit of strategy to your gameplay, since you can choose to either alternate between your characters from chapter to chapter in order to level them all up, or stick to one of the characters to level that character faster.

Chapters are split into three sections: Cutscene, Battle and Shop.

Cutscenes are basically moments where the game plays like any other kind of RP. Your characters get to talk, interact with each other, etc. It becomes a regular group RP during this period.

Battle is when all the combat mechanics will come into play. When enemies approach, a battle will begin. While characters can still talk during battles, the main emphasis during these moments is the combat.

Shop is when the characters arrive at any shop that sells different items. Characters can use the gold they have collected throughout their adventure to purchase items. However, you cannot carry more items if your inventory is full.

That's how the system works, basically. I hope this was clear enough to understand. The system is very simple, and I assure you it'll be very easy to understand while playing. I've explained how everything is calculated so you can know how it works, but ingame you won't have to worry, since I will calculate everything for you.

Wow, that, is... a wall of text... Well done.

That will more than do. I wanna try something different with creation (working with a prompt), and everything we need to know as is - well, it's right there.

I'll be waiting for the CS thread and I may be asking for a prompt to make a character off of, see what I can come up with.

JDizzle383 JDizzle383 QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE BoltBeam BoltBeam Thanny Thanny

Ok everyone, the OOC thread and the character thread are ready!

Wow, you are swift! I will see what I can accomplish with my character builds after / in-between work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back