• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Heroes and Villains[A Superhuman Rp]

BlueClover

*Jumps Through Window*
Another Day
The camera crew had caught it all, the heroes had won again in their everlasting struggle against the threats of the world. The threat was a giant creature now laying on the concrete, clearly dead after who had come to the rescue. There stood three people proudly atop the wreckage that was the now dead creature. The three consisted of Tank Girl, 2nd strongest hero and the sidekick of 1st. A cyborg built for war turned into a hero who could evolve her technology for the greatest threat. The pretty celebrity that treated her job like it was one giant runway. Next to her stood The Titanic Titan, the 3rd strongest was a white haired boy much younger than most who could create powerful telekinetic attacks. He wore a flashy outfit reminiscent of those used by heroes in comics. He was the hero who actually looked and acted like one. Then there was the 1st most powerful hero, Thousand. A monk who had trained his body in a power he called Mind Over Matter. His body was a powerful one man army even though he could be mistaken for a scrawny man. He had his arms crossed, a deep breath leaving his mouth, not even a sweat on his brow.

A news reported ran up to the three, holding her microphone up to them. "Lucy Collin on the scene with the three who saved the city! I like to know how you feel right now, if you can give us some time to ask." The girl had a slight nervousness to her which was relaxed by Tank Girl smiling wide for the camera. "Great as always! That sure was a work out if I do say so myself. Thank you for asking." The Telekinetic Titan took the mic from the woman as a blue aura came around it. "It was no problem at all! We're here in the name of justice and fighting things like this was a breeze." He gave a hardy laugh that was contagious to all around him, even Thousand. "It was relaxing. I must say we have to go now, the heroes will be able to clean this up. Thank you for your time." The woman got to shake Thousands hand, making her blush and make a lovey dovey face. "Anything else you want to say to people who want to be heroes like you?"

All three seemed to flash smiles as they turned to the camera, all speaking in unison. "Train hard, work hard, and do your best. We always are looking for heroes and sidekicks and that means you." That's when the three had to leave, The Telekinetic Titan simply flew away with a blew aura, Tank Girl's back grew thrusters and she boost away from the camera, and finally, Thousand got into a jumping pose and with a powerful jump, was off into the horizon.

"And cut! Ooh boy, Carla, did you see that man. He was like a thousand hot jocks in one. I'd love to-" Carla spoke up "And now we're off." Lucy realized her mistake and hit her flushed face with the mic. What a day.

Welcome to Havaera
Havaera is a coastal city in a nonspecific state or area. They have supers however unlike most places, these are meant to work with the government instead of on their own. The heroes work to be symbols of hope and to handle those who might not see the light in being a hero. There's also the sidekicks, young heroes in training who might be seeking guides to teach them to be the heroes. While inexperienced they do seem to catch up quite quick and also can do things most heroes might not be able to do. However, some might not like the flashy life style and might be in a grey area, these are known as vigilantes. They work against the system and are usually frowned on by heroes and local authorities. Villains also run a muck whether they do it by their own will, they do it under a greater cause, or possibly have lost their humanity to become some kind of mutant or freak of nature. Each one does have its advantages and disadvantages to living.

Heroes:
Advantages
-Steady Pay
-Able to get the gadgets or equipment to use/control their powers
-Allowed benefits like free housing in needed
-Costumes, who wouldn't want that?
Disadvantages
-Must follow laws
-Can be kicked out if they act unlike a hero
-The government has your weakness written down
-You don't have 'secret identities'
Sidekicks:
Advantages
-Get to work with heroes
-Protection from villains
-Get paid
Disadvantages
-Inexperience
-Usually prone to power outburst
-Weaker
Vigilantes:
Advantages
-Don't work under the law
-Can make their own hours
-Follow their own rules
Disadvantages
-You probably need another job to support yourself
-Can get arrested for illegal activity
-You don't get the gadgets or weaponry a hero might be able to use
-Higher risk of being killed
Villains:
-They don't follow the rules
-Can kill as much as they want
-Villains are just fun to play
Disadvantages
-Most likely to be arrested
-Heroes will come to stop them
-Usually unstable
-VERY high risk of death

Hero Rank
Lowest: 1 - Only able to stop the low level criminals like robbers, usually the starting point of most heroes or where sidekicks are under.
Medium: 2 - These make up the largest number, these people are here to protect against small or large threats that might take out medium populations of people. They can be seen as celebrities.
Highest : 3 - This is very hard to get into, only the best of the best can be here. These people are here for protecting entire cities and even the Earth. They are rarely used and only come out in great threats to humanity (AKA Shammy's NPC'S)
Villain Rank
Lowest: 1 - Petty criminals that usually can cause little threat to others, easily taken down
Medium: 2 - These villains can cause lots of damage to large or small areas and are most common among the villain ranking
Highest: 3 - Threats to the whole of humanity whether by choice or by nature. They can't be taken lightly and will usually be taken on by Rank 2 heroes or, if it gets bad, rank 3(Reserved for Arc Villains by D duegxybus )

Last edited:
Kind of interested. Do our characters have to be standard humans with superpowers or can we be things like aliens and all that?

Kind of interested. Do our characters have to be standard humans with superpowers or can we be things like aliens and all that?
Yes I will allow aliens and such to be things :)

Statement revised cause I gave Shammy a heads-up about allowing aliens in superhero RPs.

Shammy the Shamrock on Skype: "Hm can you change my statement then in the IT, I have a test :("

Aliens are not ideal for this superhero RP because we want the focus of the RP to be superhumans and people with powers, not aliens. What is acceptable, however, is that someone can be mutated/modified in any way so they can look alien. Just that we don't want aliens, like, beings from other planets, to be a part of this RP.

Statement revised cause I gave Shammy a heads-up about allowing aliens in superhero RPs.

Shammy the Shamrock on Skype: "Hm can you change my statement then in the IT, I have a test :("

Aliens are not ideal for this superhero RP because we want the focus of the RP to be superhumans and people with powers, not aliens. What is acceptable, however, is that someone can be mutated/modified in any way so they can look alien. Just that we don't want aliens, like, beings from other planets, to be a part of this RP.
I didn't mean specifically aliens, I meant superheroes who weren't normal humans with powers and used other abilities to fight.

I'm interested in a villain character. Is a rank 2 alright for me to be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back