• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help Helper aplication Question

Questions

Princesscsc

The Risk Taker
So I know your probably already going to get mad at me but I was confused on one of the questions on the helper aplication.
This question: “Please provide examples of why you think you should become a helper with links to content on the site.”
I don’t understand this question. I guess I need to be on the site more to understand but I just want to find a way to help out this community out in the best way possible. I’m probably being dumb so if you want to answer this question you can but otherwise thank you for reading my message.
-Princess

It just means "what are some of the things you've done on the site to help out? Please provide the links to them."

As a side note, we aren't promoting anyone to Helper status for the time being, although when we do start again, we'll look at any applications already posted at that time, not just ones posted after we resume. (I hope I've made that make sense?)

Take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt, since I'm not staff, but you can probably think of it like a job interview, with the question being "what achievements and skills do you have that would make you a suitable candidate for this position?"

Also, even if the site isn't currently recruiting helpers, there are plenty of ways to help! Checking out the discussion forums for people asking for help, helping to connect people who may be confused about the way certain things work on the site, spreading positivity, reporting content that breaks the rules (if you find any, don't go look for it less you fall victim to confirmation bias) and such. It's the kind of thing I try to do, though I personally prefer not to become a helper due to disagreeing with certain policies of the site (or having disagreed with them in the past).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back