• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered HELP. EMERGENCY. RPNATION RELATED CRISIS.

That's the thing.... my parents are strict on 🚫no talking to strangers on the internet🚫

It's the number 1 rule!!!

I know for a fact if I'm open about it. I'm getting shut down emediatly

I've tried with my mom when I lived with her to let me. And it was a big no. I went 3 years without a electronic device and was given a flip phone cuz of it

You're a grown adult and ultimately he has no power over you, even if he showed discontent to it. Do NOT let yourself get bullied or shamed in doing what you want as again, you are an adult now and no one can force you to do anything. That's outright illegal. I'd recommend you lock the phone with your own code and get your own SIM card. It's your private property.

You're a grown adult and ultimately he has no power over you, even if he showed discontent to it. Do NOT let yourself get bullied or shamed in doing what you want as again, you are an adult now and no one can force you to do anything. That's outright illegal. I'd recommend you lock the phone with your own code and get your own SIM card. It's your private property.
My dad pays for the line. He pays for the service. I got the phone for free because I won it. All I needed to do was get a connection. Technically. Even tho I am an adult. I love my dad and I've been hiding my internet life since I had internet. Because of the disapproval.

I understand you say to go against my dad on this. But. I don't wanna upset my dad because he saved me from a horrible situation with my mother. Something I wont get into detail. And I don't wanna end up homeless because I broke the only rule my dad has. And because I'm never returning to my mom.

Situations like that aren't easy. Especially when it's someone you love. It's easier said than done. While true I'm an adult. The fear of being rejected. Frowned upon, and being a disappointment is all the power my dad has. I have friends in the same situation as me. Where we can't just come out to our parents and we can't just go against them. No matter how old we are. Which is why I'm gonna save up to move out. But until then. I can't.

I do appreciate your input. But it's not easy

My dad pays for the line. He pays for the service. I got the phone for free because I won it. All I needed to do was get a connection. Technically. Even tho I am an adult. I love my dad and I've been hiding my internet life since I had internet. Because of the disapproval.

I understand you say to go against my dad on this. But. I don't wanna upset my dad because he saved me from a horrible situation with my mother. Something I wont get into detail. And I don't wanna end up homeless because I broke the only rule my dad has. And because I'm never returning to my mom.

Situations like that aren't easy. Especially when it's someone you love. It's easier said than done. While true I'm an adult. The fear of being rejected. Frowned upon, and being a disappointment is all the power my dad has. I have friends in the same situation as me. Where we can't just come out to our parents and we can't just go against them. No matter how old we are. Which is why I'm gonna save up to move out. But until then. I can't.

I do appreciate your input. But it's not easy
I understand completely where you're coming from. I've been a witness to a similar situation with an IRL friend who I had to help with housing following things going south for his own relationship with his father due to them breaching privacy. All I hope is that you consider is the idea of putting your foot down at least for boundaries that, in my opinion, should be expected when it comes to things like your own phone. Good luck either way for this and hope your relationship stays healthy with your father.

For future reference:

Use the same browser on desktop and mobile.
Go to settings.
Clear cache and cookies.
Make sure to also remove passwords.

For future reference:

Use the same browser on desktop and mobile.
Go to settings.
Clear cache and cookies.
Make sure to also remove passwords.
I don’t have a desktop. Yet anyways. Just a secret tablet no one knows about and a phone

In theory, you should always be using private/incognito browsing when you don't want people digging through your browser history. For now, I would go with Sugarnaut's advice since it still applies to having a tablet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back