• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Hello World, or a Modern Prometheus

Error 420

One Thousand Club
The blinds part between your fingers as you look out into the expanse of the Cloud, quickly glancing around to make sure you weren't being watched. It won't do anything, you know that. In these days, surveillance meant peering through a webcam or a synthetic eyeball, and even if they were watching the old fashioned way, it'd take a hell of a pair of binoculars to cut through the miasma of wetness and pollution known as the Cloud. You did it for a sense of security, a trick to make clients feel more safe than they probably were, and the way your current client was shaking, any security would make them more malleable.

"Walton, right? You're Walton? I was given this card and..." mumbles the shivering husk of a man sits crumpled in a heap in the old wooden chair where so many lonely hearts, adulterers, paranoid geeks, and general creeps told you their tales of woe. The only difference was this one sweat more than the others. You dismiss him with a movement of the finger, retorting with some generic line about secrets. P.I.'s have a certain persona to keep up.

"Well, I need your help. It's something like you've never seen, I promise." You turn to him. He's nothing more than a pale skeleton with black hair. Under your gaze he silences himself, his hands fiddling with a hastily folded piece of paper. "I'm looking for someone. She's been after me for a while and I need you to stop her, please."

Unimpressed, you stare back at the client. "I need you to eliminate her, at any cost. I don't care what you do, it's for the safety of everyone." You're disgusted by this offer, as you should be. You're scum, but you're not a murderer. You shove him out of the office, and in his place on the chair is the crumpled note. On it, you read the following:

helloworld.bo/profiles/meet/p=8675309JNIE

Find her there

Call me
~~~
This is a sci-fi mystery. There's no post length requirement or literacy requirement. I'm not a stickler for post frequency. Once a day would be optimum, but as infrequent as once a week would be totally fine with me. If you're interested in playing, hit me up by commenting here or PMing me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back