• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Heliopolis ~ The City of Magic. (In desperate need of new players.)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

ZeiruliousMakavar

The Archon of Madness
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Heliopolis, the Grand city of Magic. An independent city-state that lies on both the coast and near a large river valley, has flourished in the past several centuries, becoming a mecca of both scientific and magical advancement, as well as cultural arts. Lead by two separate groups, the city is supposed to be a safe haven for any and all who wish to learn the mystic arts. The Heliopolian Government, charged with the protection of its citizens, and the Heliopolis Academy, a council of the heads of the various Magical schools found with in, and around the city. These heads, are referred to as Maesters, with the strongest of them being labeled the Gran Maester, the supposedly strongest magic user in existence.

However, a dark cloud has been looming on the horizon in the past few years, as a group labeled a Terrorist Organization called Pandemonium has been causing panic and mass-hysteria within the city's walls.

Several Hours ago...
"...a third attack on the Heliopolis regional Bank in the past week, as the main branch this time has been bombed over the course of the weekend. No official reports from the state department have been released, but many people claim to have seen the terrorist known only as Pierrot Marionette had been sighted in the area previously." The news anchor said through the headphones Samantha was wearing, as she walked into the Academy she had been going to for the past three years. She smiled to herself, closing her scroll, causing the news report to silence as she looked about. Letting out a soft sigh, she folded up her headphones, as she slowly approached the main building once again. Spring break was finally over. Time to get back to work.

Now...
Samantha let out another sigh, as she sat near the back of the atrium, as she listened to one of the teachers drone on about how glad they were for the new students to be there, and that they would be proud to have joined one of Heliopolis's oldest establishments. Once again, for the third year in a row, the Headmaster, the Maester, of the school she went to, was no where to be found, a fact of mystery for many of the students, causing rumors to float around every once and a while.

Constantine flicked his light brown eyes over the academy, he'd been going there for some time now, trying to comply with his uncle's wishes and get to a higher licensing rank. The ebony and spiky hair adult had spent already one-year learning magic, finding his knowledge harder to earn by the passing days. He wasn't one for the best grades in school though, the only time he studied was when he was trying to put himself to sleep, but if he really needed to pass something he'd drill it into his skull before sunrise. So as he sauntered through the halls of the academy, it was no surprise he showed up late once again to school. Constantine ran a hand through his messy hair, eyes boring holes into the room everyone had gathered themselves into, and then proceeding to step inside casually to take a seat. Once sitting down he slouched, long legs stretching out in front of him to an extent, and his hands were shoved mindlessly in his pockets as he flitted his eyes over the room.

Samantha...
Samantha let out a soft sigh, as she too looked around the room, no longer interested in hearing the speech for the third time in a row, the allure of it having faded away rather quickly. She spotted a few other students she recognized, though made no move to approach any of them sighing softly to herself instead. She was well aware of what the other students had started calling her due to her habit of wanting to be left alone instead of mingling with others. "Ice Queen" they called her, due to her subjectively cold demeanor. Though it did not help that she specialized in ice magic, with it being the only style that she had A-Rank spells in, she made no effort to dissuade them from calling her thus. Chuckling softly to herself, she slowly closed her eyes, planning on taking a nap for the rest of the assembly.

Pierrot...
Pierrot let out a rather cackling laugh, as he sat upon a large box, watching as the people before him, continued their work. He watched them still, as some of them went and came. He didn't stop them, just watched. "The chemicals are all set up and ready Sir." A man said as he approached Pierrot. This made Pierrot cackle once again, a rather sadistic laugh that sent shivers down many people's backs. "Indeed!? Oh, wondrous day!" Pierrot shouted, standing up on the box, his arms outstretched as if praising someone. "Today is a glorious day my children of Pandemonium!" He shouted, grabbing everyone's attention. "The Master has graced us with the forethought of the gods! Today is glorious indeed! The chemicals have been dispersed, the fleet of the damned will arrive soon enough! Let us give them a good show!"

Jules
Jules had been sitting behind his desk watching students come in out the corner of his eye. He sat behind his computer, the bell has already rang, but he always gave his students a bit of a break for the first few days. He had a cup of stamina potion formerly known as Coffee as he took a couple of sips for he had a busy night the night before. Once the classroom was full he got up in front of the class and wrote the daily agenda on the white board as follows: ‘First quiz, Psychic excercize, Spirit & Soul and homework’ He turned around to face the class and put his hand out and concentrated on the door, promtly shutting it clear from the other side of the room. “Good morning class” He announced hoping the combination got the attention of students.

Hyunjae

Already sitting in her class, reading peacefully her magic book and waiting for the firat lesson to begin. She's been thinking... what if they know that she actually could cast a spell that could hurt them badly? She shrugs, trying to shake off those negative feelings.
The people have been talking about her lately. But she doesn't know if it was rather positive or negative. She closes her book and watches the teacher drinking his cup of coffee and writing down the programme for today, on the blackboard. Nothing really interesting, she thought. Then he closed the door with just his mind. The other students were immediately silent and listened to him. "Good morning class" he announced the first lesson of today. Great, finally something to do.

Jules
Mr. Carmichal soon presented “So a couple days ago we went over the syllabus and we discussed my expectation even though its our second day meeting here, as always there will be a quiz every time you walk in the door.” He started pacing back and forth before the currently unused projector screen “This is so I can have a assurence that you are actually learning something, not just doing Freindbook or whatever else that kids these days do.” He walked back to his desk befor grabbing a stack of papers and finecing them into a relitively uniform stack. “So, pencils out and pass the quiz to the student behind you.” He seperated the piles of the syllibus quiz across all rows of students.

Hyunjae

She puts out her pen, then getting the papers, taking one and passing it on.
Such simple questions... She thought disappointed and sighed. She filled everything with her beautiful handwriting, but didn't want to give her test back first. She played with her pen, balanced it on her nose and tried otherwise to distract herself. It's so boring since she knows most of that!
The pen falls down several times, and gets the teachers attention very quickly.

Jules
‘Don’t do that!’ telepathized Mr. Carmichal to Hyunjae as he sat behind his computer ‘It’s very distracting to the other students. I know you think its boring, but it’s only the 2nd day. people are still working!’ Mr. Carmical rubbed his head in angst as he looked up at the other students hoping not to get second hand daydreams ‘Good, why did I decide to teach again!’ he thought to himself seeing how many other students were filling out their quizes ‘four left’ he mentally counted.

Hyunjae

Ugh... "Doesn't matter..." She says while standing up and handing in the paper. She looks at the teacher. I can't use Telepathics now... it'll be very strange... Or not? She thinks strongly about that possibility. She decides to do it; she sits down again and reads again her book. "Sir I am very sorry for that but the actual problem is, that I know this already and I'm bored to do it. I'm certain about my mistake, I am sorry" she telepathizes back to him, without the others even noticing.

Jules
“well good for you” telepathized Mr. Carmichal before standing up ‘We might need to talk about placement later if this keeps up’ He soon spoke to the entire class saying “If you are done with my quiz, be sure to turn it in at my desk.” All other students put their quizzes back into the pile with Hyunjae’s being on the bottom before everyone sat back down to their chairs “Now we just need to go over the answers” he said grabbing a random quiz from the pile “So question 1. What do I expect you to have when you come into class?”

Hyunjae

She keeps her silence, still reading her book. Until Mr. Carmichal asked the first question of the quiz into the class. She looks at him confused. She didn't want to give him an answer and snatching away the others opportunity to answer correctly.
She rather looks around observing the other students in the classroom. Nothing special or strong here, at least by looks. But never judge a book by its cover, right?

To her surprise nobody answered him. She smiles light into herself. Wow. No one answers him, that must be a great feeling.

Samantha...
Samantha let out a soft sigh as she sat in the back of one of her classes. Looking about she examined the classroom with prying eyes as if studying the students there. She did finish the quiz given out, subtly telepathically using her pen, to answer each question. Once finished she made no move to answer the questions asked, instead silently observing once again. She chuckled softly, each time someone answered incorrectly, but otherwise did nothing to interact with those around her. Instead, she chose to silently observe the class, from her position in the back of the classroom.

Constantine

Twiddling with his thumbs, Constantine leaned back in his chair listening in here and there. He didn't really pay attention the first few days, only the days when they were learning the important information, it worked pretty the year before so he didn't think it'd be bad to do now. The teacher had already gotten the quizes back, and truthfully he didn't think it was anything hard but he could be wrong. He had picked a seat in the back, mostly because he could nap better in the back, or just evade being called on. Soon he began stretching out his shoulder, while doing so he caught the appearance of one of the loners of the school. "Samantha...right?" he mused, he had to attempt to remember her name considering he wasn't particularly acquainted with her. "I'm Constantine," he silently informed holding his hand out for her to shake. It was an awkward motion considering he didn't exactly turn around in his seat to face her. He figured while some students were responding to whatever the teacher was asking or when he was asking the questions to the class, he'd be able to try and reach out to some new people.

Last edited:
Samantha...
"Yes, I am Samantha." she then said, glancing at him as she spoke, making no move to shake his hand, almost glaring at him as she spoke. "Did you need something from me, Constantine?" she then asked him, looking him over a bit slowly as she spoke, though she once again, made no effort to shake his hand, crossing her arms instead. As well, her pen was still taking notes on the class, as if it had a mind of it's own.

Constantine
Raising a dark eyebrow Constantine took his hand away, he wasn't sure if she was always like that or she was in some kind of mood. Though he didn't look exactly kind either so he wouldn't blame her, he had something of an RBF as his sister put it. "Not really no, figured it'd be better if I knew at least one persons' name in this class," he shrugged casually. Taking his once outstretched hand, he scratched at the back of his black hair. "Y'know, if you don't actually write your notes yourself, not levitating a pen, you could do things without always needing magic," he waved off, flicking his hazel eyes towards the white haired girl. He personally enjoyed doing things for himself, he wasn't one to rely on anything but himself unless it was something only magic could solve. "Aren't you just bored having the pen write it for you?"

Jules
“Now, the answer was a notebook and a number 2 pencil or pen.” announced Mr. Carmichal “question number two: When are my office hours?” asked Mr. Carmichael as several students raised their hand “Yes” “3:00-5:00 on the weekdays” stated the student “Correct” said Mr. Carmichal pointing at the student “Question number three: Where is the homework turned in?” This time few students raised their hands “Yes” he said pointing towards a student in the front “Over there?” replied the student shyly pointed to the desk “Aaannnd?” said Mr. Carmichal “On schoology” replied the student as Mr. Carmichal turned toward the class “I know it’s still the first week, but no talking in class!” said Mr. Carmichal “We are going over the quiz and I would rather have quiet when we go over these things!”

Samantha...
Samantha chuckled at this, slowly shaking her head. "Puppet magic." she then said softly, smiling a bit to herself. "It's one of the most basic things you'd learn here, or are you just that lazy?" she then asked him, a wry smile on her face as she spoke, subtly insulting him. "I learned it two years ago, been using it ever since. Why don't you use it?" she then asked him softly, crossing her arms still as she watched him. "But yes, I am bored. Why do you care?" she then said, in a rather monotonous voice.

Jules
Mr. Carmichal walked near Samantha with a disgruntled look on his face before beding down and saying “No talking, means no talking” He soon stood back upand announced “Now as punishment you have to tell the class your answer to question number four: True or False: we will be learning about Demons and Demonology in this class”

Constantine
Running his hand through his hair, he watched Samantha from the corner of his eye. He didn't really know the name of the magic considering he didn't really like simple spells such as that, he found things mundane were easy enough for himself to do. When she made a jab at whether he was lazy or not Constantine couldn't help but let his eyes fall onto his desktop. It wasn't that Constantine didn't pay attention, he just wasn't skilled with magic like some of the other students. It was an honest surprise he had been able to enroll into the academy at all, at least to him, he was rather slow at learning the basics of magic, he has the durability to do it just can't wrap his head around it sometimes. He was about to respond, mouth open when the teacher came by. Oops. Flicking his hazel colored eyes to the teacher, he gave a cheeky grin aimed at Samantha and a thumbs up jokingly before shoving his hands into his pockets swiftly.

Hyunjae

"Sir if I may insist. Do not punish her for just talking" she says coldly but loud enough, so the class was silent. The eyes were locked at her. Maybe they think she is completely crazy or brave. She doesn't know. But she still doesnt look up from her book, not a single time, causing the teacher to go to her. "Sir. It's more like a good factor that people are talking, they make either friends or talk out the answers for your questions. There's a fifty fifty. If I'm certain. Sir" she finished her sentence as well as her book, she closes it then looking up at the teacher with no emotion at all.

Jules
Mr. Carmichael soon turned toward Hyunjæ and stepping past a couple of desks before toward her own before explaining “There is a time and place for talking in the classroom, but when I’m going over the Syllabus” He then turned toward all of the students saying “a document whitch you all signed on the first day of class, it is important to know what it is you signed up for. I mean, I would certainly hate for any one of you later in life, or whatever to buy a house without knowing what’s in the deed then only ending up with a small corner of the house.” He then walked back to Samantha’s table having made his point.

Samantha...
Samantha chuckled softly, as she listened to the teacher bark orders, and for Hyunjae to interject. "Besides, the answer would be that Demonology is down the hall," she answered, smiling up at the teacher. "So, unless in my time here I still can get lost and enter the wrong room, only a fool would get that question wrong." she continued, smiling a bit sadistically now, up at the teacher, as if she knew something he did not. "So, unless Psychic 200 suddenly has a section on Demons and Demonology, then the answer is false."

Jules
“Correct” said Mr. Carmichael “We’re only learning about Demons, not Demonology.” He soon walked back up to the front of the room and turned toward the entire class before announcing “Now the last question I admit is kind of tricky: In what three circumstances are absences excused?” He stood there watching students and seeing who raises their hand.

Constantine
The brute flicked his eyes over to Samantha and the girl that had interjected and put forth her opinion on the matter, though as he watched her give the answer he couldn't help but observe the teacher as he accepted her answer. Constantine watched as the teacher went back to the front and asked yet another question, truthfully Constantine answered things instinctively on the quiz if he didn't know it, so from then on he kept to watching the teacher and listening to the answers that were given by the students who actually knew the answers. He might not be the best learner which was a little evident from his time talking with Samantha, he figured he should at least give some kind of effort after getting Samantha caught.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back